kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,003 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

just won my first trophy with this tactic winning the uefa cup with birmingham beating arsenal in the final 1-0.finished 6th in the league scoring 83 but letting in 67 zigic my main forward scored 46 goals in all comps.one thing i did was i was getting some right hammerings so with regards to my team talks i started telling the players no pressure and got some really good results including beating chelsea out of sight in the uefa cup q/f then arsenal in the final defending improved also

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you mean when computer changes his tactic to 4-2-4, it is in fact a 4-4-2? That sounds exciting.

Are you able to work other cheats whereby computer use 4-4-2 but their defence is running up all the time?

i did it, but not on my current cheat.

ok, i will make my cheats in 3 level : slightly easy, moderate easy, very very easy :D

slightly easy : current cheat

moderate easy : ai defender on attacking mentality

very very easy : ai goalkeeper running up with no reason sometimes :D:D

i will upload it soon on my homepage when its ready ;)

i did it, but not on my current cheat.

ok, i will make my cheats in 3 level : slightly easy, moderate easy, very very easy :D

slightly easy : current cheat

moderate easy : ai defender on attacking mentality

very very easy : ai goalkeeper running up with no reason sometimes :D:D

i will upload it soon on my homepage when its ready ;)

Thanks! Look forward to downloading it. Can I suggest no need 3 cheats. The current cheat is not effective at all if AI does not change to a 4-2-4.

Just use 1 cheat.

GK and Defender running up and trying alot of long shots.

Midfielder and Striker with arrows running back when they have the ball, and dwelling on ball. Trying long shots often too.

Cheers!

PS: Would it be easier if you can teach us how you edit those tactics? We can do it ourselves.

Thanks! Look forward to downloading it. Can I suggest no need 3 cheats. The current cheat is not effective at all if AI does not change to a 4-2-4.

Just use 1 cheat.

GK and Defender running up and trying alot of long shots.

Midfielder and Striker with arrows running back when they have the ball, and dwelling on ball. Trying long shots often too.

Cheers!

PS: Would it be easier if you can teach us how you edit those tactics? We can do it ourselves.

simple, just open ai tactic on c:\program files\....... change as you like then save it.

Okay 2 things,

1. I've tried to edit the tactics so i can win easy but its just not happening for me, how do i open the ai tactic and save them, it just saves it to my own tactics folder.

2. When will you be updating your homepage so i could download them from there?

Thanks!

I edited a few versions and Im winning comfortably. However it resulted in the other games between the AI having very high scoring games. 5-5, 10-4 etc.

Hi pokka,

Could you give me some help please...

I don't understand how you can edit the ai opp instructions.

Can you explain this please?

greetz

http://kimztactics.googlepages.com/tactics

That page isnt working with IE or Firefox

sorry about that, try this link http://kimztactics.googlepages.com/ptactic.html

i have been rebuilding all my page, the old page used GPC and it was difficult to update and customize page using GPC

your old bookmark will not work coz i have changed all the page name and you should enter my homepage from the root page http://kimztactics.googlepages.com/ and re-bookmark the new page. :)

Thanks!

I edited a few versions and Im winning comfortably. However it resulted in the other games between the AI having very high scoring games. 5-5, 10-4 etc.

lol, thats why i didnt change ai tactic that much

Okay 2 things,

1. I've tried to edit the tactics so i can win easy but its just not happening for me, how do i open the ai tactic and save them, it just saves it to my own tactics folder.

2. When will you be updating your homepage so i could download them from there?

1. ai tactic is in folder C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\data\tactics

default user folder is in my document\.............. you should change the folder to ai tactic folder when opening ai tactic

2. tomorrow.... ;)

lol, thats why i didnt change ai tactic that much

I think I got a solution.

Instead of placing arrows forward for the goalkeeper and having the goalkeeper upward runs often, we can give the strikers backward arrows and the defenders upwards arrow.

Hopefully that will result in easier games for casual gamers like us and not totally ruin the game with scores like 12-5 or 5-5.

You select a player (preferrably striker) and drag it into the targetman list without checking the 'Use Targetman' box.

never thought about that, is there any different if we uncheck target man?

These tactics are the mutts nuts. Been using them for months now without posting about them as i wanted to give them a right good testing. I've played with teams all over Europe and won every league i've played in, tested and won leagues with, Ajax, Celtic, Juventus, Man Utd, Real Madrid, Valencia and thats the big sides that i won in the first season. I've also won with Everton, Sampdoria, Dortmund, Aston Villa. The took a couple of years to win though and with Sampdoria i only won on the last day beating Juventus 3-2 while Inter drew 1-1 at Roma. I started a career game with Yeovil and I've won the premiership twice, 1 Fa cup, 1 League cup and had a European run to the CL last 16, this season is still going and i'm in the Quarter final and will play Porto so i'm hopefull. No big superstar signings either, my team is as follows.

Gk Lloris/Yohann Pele

Rb Rafinha

Lb Jansen

Cb Samba

Cb McManus

Cm Veloso

Cm Makoun II

Amc Arshavin

Amc Scott Brown

Amc Afonso Alves

Fc Yakubu

I play with all the tactic, rarely use V3.0 as i don't have wingers that are that good. V1.1 is working best for me but if i have to defend then i switch to V2.1 and remove the Farrows from the full backs.

Ok, I finally had the time to start my second season using the 4-2-4 KIMZ set with my MU team, after winning the Premier League, CL, FA, League Cup, and Charity Shield on the first. I've reached end of November and still the AI as not found a way to counter the width my team displays on the field, and mainly their center defenders still have not hable to cope with the fact that I have no positional Strikers, but only AMC. As you can see I easily control every game. AGAIN thanks a lot kimz, for providing the base for what I think has been the most succeful tactic I've been using on 8.0.2!!

tablepl8.th.jpg

calendarnl8.th.jpg

what version would you recommend for Leeds in league one? I have all the new players if you all know. IF its not too much trouble could you also answer which players to play where. Thanks alot

v1.1 as default and rotate between version

i downloaded all ur tactics..

first game won 6-0...second won 4-0..

feeling great...

i wan know if v2.0 and v1.0 have any different effect on the game?

n which is better?

v1.0 and 2.0 is my first version, it very good on attacking but very weak on defending, use v1.1 or v2.1 or 3.0

Kimz,

When i try to do exactly what you've explained on your website, i download the cheat zip en try to extract it to the specified folder. But it won't work, it gives me a winrar diagnostic error.

What is this????

maybe you downloaded it when i was updating my homepage at he same time, download it again, ive tested it and it worked

Okay- I've just completed my 7th season with Barnet, for all of which have used Kimz 1.1 (v2.1 with v1 layout as it used to be known). And, Ive finally got promotion to the premier league! My full history is;

2007/08 CCL2 3rd (Promoted)

2008/09 CCL1 8th

2009/10 CCL1 3rd (Lost in Playoffs)

2010/11 CCL1 2nd (Promoted)

2011/12 CCC 12th

2012/13 CCC 10th

2013/14 CCC 2nd (Promoted)

Barnet still have the smallest stadium capacity of any team in CCC (10500), and my largest signings have been both in the final season; £750k & £550k (before that I'd never bought a player for more than £350k). So, I think you can get the formation to work in the lower leagues- though I did struggle to get it to work without tweaks.

At the start when the players were poor, I found it useful to tweak their individual instructions to suit (so, in CCL2 I think I only had a couple of players that had long shots above 10- so change the Long Shots settings to Never for those people with 8-). I did similiar tweaks with RWB & TTB for the first 2/3 seasons. However, by the last season I had all the individual instructions set as default (reflecting the better players I had).

The biggest problem with this formation after season 1 is your flanks. The AI pretty quickly learns to double up on your full backs offensively, and gets a huge number of crosses into your penalty area. As Kimz says, defensively it also learns to 'ignore' your full backs going forward and concentrate on the AMC's- which does nulify their threat

There are two things that Ive done to counter that- 1 better players (duh). As said before, good GK & DC's are vital (my 3 'best' players are the GK and DC's)- after that, the full backs are key. Pace (14+), tackling, workrate, stamina, pasing, crossing, positioning (12+)- these guys need to be real good all round footballers.

Secondly, play the formation against you. I had huge problems initially away from home (there is a post a few pages back)- I couldnt buy an away win in season 2- but I have slowly developed a few tweaks that have helped:

Home Games

Once all your players have reasonable passing (ie midfield 14+), tempo is the key. If Im favoured in the match odds, Ill click the tempo 1 notch slower, width 1 higher, time wasting a couple lower (less). If I go a goal up- Ill generally slow the game down some more (-1 tempo) and sometimes drop the Def line down a notch or 2 to bring them onto me. Basically, if your up or heavily favoured- try to control the game.

Away Games

If Im favoured to win, I'll start with the default settings. Otherwise, I'll generally up the tempo a notch and reduce the width- if Im an underdog Ill tend to do the same again (+2 tempo, -2 width).

Other Tweaks

Pace

If Im playing away from home and am not favoured- Ill check the pace of the strikers. So long as they are not significantly faster than my DC's- Ill up the Def Line +4. I tend to use this in tandem with the temp- the basic idea being to compress the play in their half playing slightly quicker than usual. Really important to check the pace of the opp SC's- if you get a striker that is 4/5 quicker than your quickest DC- you get predicatably hammered. I rarely use this tweak at home as the formation tends to need the space between the central players (DC/MC/AMC) to work - although Ive not ruled it out next season when Im likely to be an underdog for most of my games.

Playing against 442 farrows / any formation with AML/AMR

Simple this- take the farrows off your DL/DR. If you're a strong favourite- then ignore it- but otherwise Ive found the degree to which your fullbacks get taken apart is dependent upon how attacking their full backs are going to be. So if your coming up against any formation or match conditions where you are going to be attacked down the flanks- farrows off the FB's! The farrows tend to keep them back more and allows your MC time to close down so that you dont get overloaded on the flanks.

Shut Up Shop

Reading the thread, a few people seemed to have some difficulties with the 424- or holding onto a lead with Kimz. I developed a few tweaks that have been really successful- rather than list them all here some screenies:

shutupshop1nq9.th.png teamsettings1pj0.th.png mentality1so8.th.png forwardruns1fg3.th.png

I also put the SC on forward runs Never (to stop the constant offsides). I have very rarely conceeded late with these tweaks and usually catch the 424 out with my 2 wide AM's (who get lots of space and time). If youve got a couple with high pace, dribbling, and technique, you can end up spending more time counter attacking with them than defending.

OI

I use this all the time, as per kimz instructions. The only extra thing I do is put closing down on a MC with high passing attribute to try and pressure him out of the game (or on both MC's when against 424). So tight marking, hard tacking (when low bravery or a key / injured player) and show onto foot all used (as advised).

Really enjoyed getting the best from this in my run to the PL- so just wanted to add my thanks to Kimz for a great tactic. The way the central players pass the ball in triangles is a pleasure to watch- and maybe offer some more help for anyone trying to make it work in the lower leagues. Now bring on the PL!

Kimz,

I downloaded the moderate cheat from your page, put it in the tactics folder and started a new game. Well so far its working as i'm undefeated but they play with 10 behind the ball and scoring is a nightmare, i batter their goal with shots but i'm lucky if i score more that 1 goal a game and its usually from a free kick or corner, my striker and middle AMC are taken out of the game.

Just thought i'd let you know.

Okay- I've just completed my 7th season with Barnet, for all of which have used Kimz 1.1 (v2.1 with v1 layout as it used to be known). And, Ive finally got promotion to the premier league! My full history is;

2007/08 CCL2 3rd (Promoted)

2008/09 CCL1 8th

2009/10 CCL1 3rd (Lost in Playoffs)

2010/11 CCL1 2nd (Promoted)

2011/12 CCC 12th

2012/13 CCC 10th

2013/14 CCC 2nd (Promoted)

Barnet still have the smallest stadium capacity of any team in CCC (10500), and my largest signings have been both in the final season; £750k & £550k (before that I'd never bought a player for more than £350k). So, I think you can get the formation to work in the lower leagues- though I did struggle to get it to work without tweaks.

At the start when the players were poor, I found it useful to tweak their individual instructions to suit (so, in CCL2 I think I only had a couple of players that had long shots above 10- so change the Long Shots settings to Never for those people with 8-). I did similiar tweaks with RWB & TTB for the first 2/3 seasons. However, by the last season I had all the individual instructions set as default (reflecting the better players I had).

The biggest problem with this formation after season 1 is your flanks. The AI pretty quickly learns to double up on your full backs offensively, and gets a huge number of crosses into your penalty area. As Kimz says, defensively it also learns to 'ignore' your full backs going forward and concentrate on the AMC's- which does nulify their threat

There are two things that Ive done to counter that- 1 better players (duh). As said before, good GK & DC's are vital (my 3 'best' players are the GK and DC's)- after that, the full backs are key. Pace (14+), tackling, workrate, stamina, pasing, crossing, positioning (12+)- these guys need to be real good all round footballers.

Secondly, play the formation against you. I had huge problems initially away from home (there is a post a few pages back)- I couldnt buy an away win in season 2- but I have slowly developed a few tweaks that have helped:

Home Games

Once all your players have reasonable passing (ie midfield 14+), tempo is the key. If Im favoured in the match odds, Ill click the tempo 1 notch slower, width 1 higher, time wasting a couple lower (less). If I go a goal up- Ill generally slow the game down some more (-1 tempo) and sometimes drop the Def line down a notch or 2 to bring them onto me. Basically, if your up or heavily favoured- try to control the game.

Away Games

If Im favoured to win, I'll start with the default settings. Otherwise, I'll generally up the tempo a notch and reduce the width- if Im an underdog Ill tend to do the same again (+2 tempo, -2 width).

Other Tweaks

Pace

If Im playing away from home and am not favoured- Ill check the pace of the strikers. So long as they are not significantly faster than my DC's- Ill up the Def Line +4. I tend to use this in tandem with the temp- the basic idea being to compress the play in their half playing slightly quicker than usual. Really important to check the pace of the opp SC's- if you get a striker that is 4/5 quicker than your quickest DC- you get predicatably hammered. I rarely use this tweak at home as the formation tends to need the space between the central players (DC/MC/AMC) to work - although Ive not ruled it out next season when Im likely to be an underdog for most of my games.

Playing against 442 farrows / any formation with AML/AMR

Simple this- take the farrows off your DL/DR. If you're a strong favourite- then ignore it- but otherwise Ive found the degree to which your fullbacks get taken apart is dependent upon how attacking their full backs are going to be. So if your coming up against any formation or match conditions where you are going to be attacked down the flanks- farrows off the FB's! The farrows tend to keep them back more and allows your MC time to close down so that you dont get overloaded on the flanks.

Shut Up Shop

Reading the thread, a few people seemed to have some difficulties with the 424- or holding onto a lead with Kimz. I developed a few tweaks that have been really successful- rather than list them all here some screenies:

shutupshop1nq9.th.png teamsettings1pj0.th.png mentality1so8.th.png

I also put the SC on forward runs Never (to stop the constant offsides). I have very rarely conceeded late with these tweaks and usually catch the 424 out with my 2 wide AM's (who get lots of space and time). If youve got a couple with high pace, dribbling, and technique, you can end up spending more time counter attacking with them than defending.

OI

I use this all the time, as per kimz instructions. The only extra thing I do is put closing down on a MC with high passing attribute to try and pressure him out of the game (or on both MC's when against 424). So tight marking, hard tacking (when low bravery or a key / injured player) and show onto foot all used (as advised).

Really enjoyed getting the best from this in my run to the PL- so just wanted to add my thanks to Kimz for a great tactic. The way the central players pass the ball in triangles is a pleasure to watch- and maybe offer some more help for anyone trying to make it work in the lower leagues. Now bring on the PL!

Thats great :thup:

Archived