Fm:2008¬Official Fiorentina Thread¬Back were they belong

Sir frosinone

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

K well im just in feb of season 2 now so here i am going to give an pdate on my carear.

Seire A

well seire a is going really well at the mo i am like 6 points clear of Inter which is a very good thing. Vucinic yet againhas been amazing.

http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=03092008001229co4.png

Linking code copied to clipboard

Champions League

Well in the champions league it went the way i expected it to. we got beat bad by barca but pulled out a big win in glasgow to get to the uefa cup.In the knockout of the ueafa cup i got drawn against Levante who i honestly expext us to beat..

Coppa Italia

well there will be no winning repeat in the Coppa Italia as i was knocked out 2 - 1 on agg by Juve Rossi with th killer blow.

Transfers In/Out

http://img341.imageshack.us/my.php?image=03092008002543rj3.png

My Squad

my squad is looking quite strong at the mo.

http://img341.imageshack.us/my.php?image=03092008002711ap5.png

Ok wha do people think of my chances and my squad.

Just started a new game, Sf's post got me interested. icon14.gif

Sold Adrian Mutu for 30 mill to Arsenal right at the start, providing a lot of much needed cash. Cleared out unneeded players like Kroldup, Osvaldo, Kuzmanovic and Mazuch.

Got in Saivet, Tomas Galasek (short term first choice DMC), Mathieu Delpierre, Garay, Jeremy Menez, Van der Vaart and Marek Hamsik.

New CB pairing of Garay and Delpierre has proven effective so far, with VDV as my new captain. Will see how things go.

kuzamanovic an unneeded player? bit of a crazy decision mate lol hes class in a few years

holidaying a few seasons unemployed 2 get back in the third season where i was before the game got deleted so should be interesting, will post after first transfer window

Originally posted by tambo67:

kuzamanovic an unneeded player? bit of a crazy decision mate lol hes class in a few years

holidaying a few seasons unemployed 2 get back in the third season where i was before the game got deleted so should be interesting, will post after first transfer window

I had to sell him to get VDV, and an offer of 18 mill came in from Newcastle. Accepted him and I managed to get VDV plus around 8 mill spare cash left over. Not a bad deal imo.

I must add, VDV is my new captain and he's knocking in the goals icon_biggrin.gif

Saw this thread last night and decided to give it a go - told the board I'll deliver a title challenge so they gave me £10.75m to play with.

Immediately secured Montolivo, Kuzmanović & Pazzini on long term contracts to dilute the interest of some of the bigger clubs sniffing around them.

Summary of a manic transfer window:

IN

Zaccardo (£7.5m)

Barzagli(£9.5m)

Amauri(£6.25m)

Di Natalie (£5m)

Hugo Lloris (£13.5m)

Obafemi Martins(£13m)

Henri Saivet (£600k)

Georginio Wijnaldum (£275k)

Mamadou Sakho (£450k)

Thiago (£0)

I also loaned Gai Assulin from Barca(he's valued at £1.8m but after a few weeks on loan you can usually buy him for around £500k - he is an absolute superstar after year 3

This level of expenditure obviously come at some cost:

OUT

Mutu was unsettled by speculation from Milan & Liverpool. Didn't want to sell to Milan so let him go to Liverpool for £21.5m + £2.5 after 10 goals

Seb Frey was unsettled by Arsenal & Bayern so once I knew Lloris was an option I let him go for £17.5m

Manuel Pasqual - Lille for £7.5m

Daniele Cacia - Standard £1.8m

Martin Jørgensen - Parma for £1m

Ondřej Mazuch - Getafe for £1m

We were unspectacular, but importantly defeated in pre-season.

Won the opening game of the campaign 2-1 (ironically it was home to Palermo from whom I've nabbed their best 3 players) and to rub salt in the wounds it was a double from Amauri - football is a cruel mistress at times!

Next game is home to Catania...I'll keep you updated throughout the season.

Hey everyone, I'm hoping my new Fiorentina save will get me back into FM08. I'm on 8.0.2.

Literally just started last night and so far sold Gobbi for just under £3m but I've also agreed to sell Mutu for £17.5m and Kuzmanovic for £14m. At least its all cash up front. They got unsettled as soon as teams bid for them. Turned down enquiries and bids for Pasqual and Frey, hopefully they won't get unsettled. Looking at the prices others seem to get for players I really don't know how you get the money!

I've completely started again with coaches and scouts an got all my coaching up to 6* or 7*.

Transfers in, I'm working on some! mtthommo has made some tremendous signings there I think - cannot believe you got Amauri, Barzagli, Di Natale and Zaccardo for those prices! Any tips for me?! I definitely want Barzagli and also looking at trying to get Menez and Palombo. I'd like Amauri and Zaccardo but I'll need to sell plenty more to riase funds and not sure who just yet. I also quite like Briand. I'm hoping to get Sakho, Saivet and a load of new youngsters for £0 up front and a high sell on %.

I'm looking at playing 4-1-1-2-2 or 4-1-2-2-1, which have worked with Lyon really well for me. Basically one holding mid who is very defensive, with 1x CM 2x wide AM and a forward pair. Or 1x DM, 2x CM with farrows, 2x wide AM and 1 striker. Arranging plenty of preseason games to try stuff out.

Can't wait to get home from work to try and sort those transfers out. Back to the grindestone now tho...

I was pretty happy with my transfer dealings and surprised to get both defenders from Palermo.

I made a bid for Zaccardo & declared interest immediately because he only has 12mths on his contract at the start of the game. Get him unsettled and you'll get him as long as none of the big boys are watching.

When I signed Zaccardo, Barzagli slammed Palermo for a lack of ambition - I declared my interest and got him on my second bid. Again I was fortunate because Napoli were the only other interested club. On games I've played on 8.0.1 he almost always went to Inter for 14-15m

Amauri then threw his toys out and requested a transfer for which they set an asking price of £6.25

Di Natale has a lot of interested teams right at the start, declaring your interest will prompt him to request a transfer within a week or so and Udinese set a price of £5m

I know you said you turned down a bid for Pasqual, but Manuel da Costa seems a better player and Pasqual had an average rating of just 6 after his first 3-4 league games for Lille.

I have just started a game with Fiorentina. Im Mid way through Pre-Season at the moment and it has been a busy one in the transfer market. Within days of being manager i had bids for Mutu, Frey, Kuzmanovic and Ujfalusi.

I had bids from Milan, Arsenal and Liverpool for Mutu. I sold him to Arsenal for 22.5m with 2.5m after 10 goals and 25% Next fee. At the moment Frey and Kuzmanovic are happy to stay after i rejected bids for both. Aston Villa are interested in Ujfalusi and i will sell if i get a good bid.

As far as signings go i have only signed Vagnor Love for 11m from CSKA Moscow so far. With my Non-EU signing taken up it limits the amount of good players i was after that i can now sign. I've had a bid for Pablo at Ath Madrid accepted and he was excellent for me when i was managing them on a different game. Ive also had a bid for Zaccardo accepted so if i can get both of them i would be happy.

I will update once i have finished pre-season.

Just starting this game for the first time and my first bit of buisness was deciding to accept a £4.5 million bid from Aston Villa for Ujfalusi, looking to sell on a few more for big money so that i can get in players to bolster the squad.

Theres great strikers for this squad, Vieri's finishing is 20!:O.

Originally posted by Trueblue11:

Just starting this game for the first time and my first bit of buisness was deciding to accept a £4.5 million bid from Aston Villa for Ujfalusi, looking to sell on a few more for big money so that i can get in players to bolster the squad.

Theres great strikers for this squad, Vieri's finishing is 20!:O.

You can get a lot more for Ujfalusi, about 10 to 15 mill at least. Mutu can be sold for 30 to 35 mill as well to get more much needed cash.

Vieri declines very fast, halfway through the first season and he's already not as good as he was at the start of the game.

I ended up selling Ujfalusi to Tottenham as he was unhappy that i cancelled his Villa transfer at the last minute cause i never had a replacement right back as of yet.

Tried getting £30 million for Mutu but i had no takers, so i lowered it down until eventually someone took him for £20 plus 30%, also Frey is leaving at the end of the season for £16 million so looking for a keeper to replace him now. Chairman also accepeted a £10 million bid for Monotlivo which i was gutted about, but was able to bring in VdV to replace him.

As im now playing Kroldup at right back I tried for the unsettled Dani Alves and he looks certain to sign as i have matched all his contract needs. I have brought in Anichebe on loan as Vieri seems very injury prone.

Transfers In in Millions

Mariano Pernia - £4.6

Mathiue Delpierre - £3.6

Toni Kroos - Loan

Victor Anichebe - Loan

Rafael Van der Vaart - £12.75

Transfers Out in Millions

Ricardo Montolivo - £10

Adrian Mutu - £20

Tomas Ujfalusi - £4.6

Sebastian Frey - £16 (leaving at end of English season)

January transfer window has just closed so though I'd give my mid-season update.

We're in 4th spot with 40pts - 7pts adrift of Inter, 2pts behind Milan & level with Roma.

Only 1 defeat in 19 league games & that was a last minute 2-1 defeat to Milan. Came through a tricky Uefa Cup group containing Spurs, Bordeaux, Heerenveen & Sparta Prague.

New signings are all doing well - Amauri has hit 25 in 24, Martins 12 in 15. Di Natale has been sensational, Zaccardo has been a near-permanent fixture at right-back with Barzagli ever-present & captaining the team.

Montolivo has been crocked for 4mths with a knee injury & Vieri for 3mths so I can't complain too much.

I've raised more funds by selling Gobbi (£3.4m), Liverani (£2m), Osvaldo (£1.6m) & Koldrop (£1m)

Bought in:

Jankulovski - £2.6m from Milan

Diarra - £5.75m from Portsmouth

Plus another couple of long term prospects:

Marin - £300k Gladbach (though an injury crisis meant he cam straight in & got 2 on his debut though!)

Bouzanis - £1m from Liverpool

Desperate to get Hamsik but had a £15m did turned down & cant seem to unsettle him even though Napoli are in the bottom six.

How are you guys getting on?

La Viola, end of first season, finished 2nd to inter.lost in the cup final to roma but won the euro cup 3-2 against schalke. i think the team is strong and just got a few new sighnings on the cheap.

Frey

Ujfalusi-Felipe-Garay-Pasqual

Donadel

Kuzmanovic-Montolivo

Semioli Mutu

Pazzini

i have just signed Giovinco and Marchiso from juve when their loans finished.Main back-up includes: Dainelli,Da Costa,Santana,Cacia,plus some other squad players.Good youth coming through: Saivet,Aquino,Sakho,Thiago,Tuia,Sankhare,Wijnaldum,Zeefruik plus a few others. i have Criscito lined up for my defence again from juve,they are selling all their good young players!!Any thoughts on my team/improvements?? thanks.

I started a new game as Fiorentina the other day (8.0.2)

No Transfers in the first window.

January In:

Andrea Barzagli £8.25m

No players sold.

End of the season, I won the UEFA Cup against Atletico Madrid. My away form carried me to the final, I was unbeaten on the road and won almost every away tie.

In the league I cruised to 4th, with Inter, Milan & Roma ahead of me. Surpisingly Vieri was my top scorer/performer, and Mutu missed a few months due to injury. My lineup come January was:

GK: Frey / Aymarov

DL: Pasqual / Da Costa

DC: Gamberini / Mazuch

DC: Barzagli / Dainelli

DR: Ujfalusi / Potenza

ML: Jorgenson/Waigo

MC: Kuzmanovic/Donadel/Gobbi

MC: Montolivo/Liverani

MR: Santana/Semioli

FC: Pazzini/Osvaldo

FC: Vieri/Mutu

End of season transfers:

Key Players In:

Fabio Quagliarella £20m

Papa Waigo £1m (co-ownership bid)

Sergio Mota £5m

Cristian Zaccardo free

Alex Manninger free

Consigli £3.1m

Lubos Kalouda £3.5m (End of season)

Marek Suchy £3.2m (End of season)

Key Players Out:

Pablo Osvaldo loan

Massimo Gobbi £3.6m

Fabio Liverani £1.2m

Thomas Ujfalusi free

Aymarov (sp?) loan

I'm just coming out of the January window, sitting top of the league and qualified from a tough CL group behind Real Madrid but ahead of Liverpool in 2nd. Banck balance in the negatives (the board gave me 50m EURO's to spend and I didn't check my balance...)

Struggling to keep players happy this season, with Barzagli & Santana unhappy at rejected bids, Donadel wants a new challenge (after 6 months of contract negotiations I couldn't accept his 70k EURO weekly demands), whilst Jorgenson and Vieri look like they've practically died stat wise. Papa Waigo was good in season 1 but has been abysmal and wants to leave. Manninger is already unhappy too.

Once again suffered from injuries, with Montolivo out for 3 month spells, and Kuzmanovic broke his leg! Will stand by him though as he has been class so far.

Lineup as follows:

GK: Frey / Manninger

DL: Pasqual / Da Costa

DC: Gamberini / Dainelli

DC: Barzagli

DR: Zaccardo / Potenza

ML: Semioli / Mota

MC: Donadel / Kuzmanovic

MC: Montolivo

MR: Santana / Waigo

FC: Quagli / Mutu

FC: Pazzini / Vieri

Wholesale changes in store come the end of the season, with Vieri set to retire, Waigo, Jorgenson, Semioli Da Costa & Donadel all looking to leave. I will force Barzagli and Santana to stay.

Anyway, I'm hoping to have this come season 3:

GK: Frey / Consigli

DL: Pasqual

DC: Gamberini / Suchy

DC: Barzagli / Dainelli

DR: Zaccardo / Potenza

ML: Mota

MC: Hamsik (hopefully)

MC: Montolivo / Kuzmanovic

MR: Kalouda (assuming he fits in well) / Santana

FC: Quagli / Mutu

FC: Pazzini

Well there ya go, hopefully as much information as you'll need about my team. I'm doing it all from memory, too!

Just kicked off season 2 with a 0-0 away to Roma.

Think I must have upset someone...

Pipped for 4th by Juve on the last day of the season on goal difference!

Went on a 5 game run where Pazzini, Amauri & Martins went without a goal even though they ended up with 29, 25 & 41 goals respectively!

Uefa Cup - lost the final 1-0 to Valencia with their goal scored in the 88th minute & Amauri having THREE goals disallowed!

Copa Italia - lost the final 5-4 on pens having drawn 1-1 with Juve. Winning 1-0 when Martins missed a pen on 89min, I lost my GK in 91st min wit no subs so Martins went in goal & Del Piero equalised in the 95th min!

To say it's been a frustrating transfer window is an understatement - Lloris, Zaccardo, Gamberini, Montilovo, Kuzmanovic, Donadel, Martins & Amauri are all subject of speculation.

I negotiatiated a £31m cash deal with Barca for Barzagli only for the board to decide in their wisdom that a £14.5m offer from Liverpol was "too good to turn down" - guess where he went!

Agreed a £14m + Danielli deal for Hamsik only for Danielli to reject the contract leaving Hamsik to join Werder Bremen!

Signed Veluso for a bargain £11m & he broke his leg in the first pre-season friendly & he's out for 6mths!

Rapidly loosing enthusiasm for this game!

Currently in my second season, and my current team is:

GK - Frey

WBR - Vanden Borre

WBL - Pasqual / Guilherme

DC - Kompany

DC - Danielli / Sakho

DM - Donadel / Hasmik

MC - Van der Vaart / Alex

MC - Montolivo / Kuzmanovic

AML - D'Alessandro

AMR - Gasbarroni / Alfaro

FC - Pazzini

First season ended up with finishing 3rd, Italian Cup Winners, and knocked out in quarter finals by Lyon.

Been after a world class centre half, like Chivu, but no one seems interested or price tag is silly.

Any suggestion would be awesome

Ok have the chance of signing Tuia for 7.5m, sold Mutu for £15m to Villa, looking to sign Hamiz (sp) DM as backup/rotation with Donadel.

Seems my tactic is getting found out, may need to go back to the drawing board.

after a strong first season with La Viola im looking to win the title and do well in the champions league. start of second season and the team is looking like this:

GK-Frey/Fabianski

DR-Rafina/Vanden Borre

DL-Pasqual/Da Costa

DC-Felipe/Dainelli

DC-Garay/Criscito

DM-Donadel/Hamsik

MC-Montolivo/Jimenez

£MC-Kuzmanovic/Marchiso

AMR-Rosina/Santana

AML-Giovinco/Semioli

FC-Pazzini/Bojan

Also have Saivet,Sakho,Tuia,Sankhare,Wijnaldum,Zeefruik pushing for start in the easier cup games.

Just had a £28 million bid for frey from Arsenal,should i sell him?? i can get Lloris for £14 million?? what do you think?? any thoughts on improvements?? my coaches think Felipe is not up to it,but he does a good job,does he improve much?? have a bit of money and a lot more if i sell Frey,though he is ace. let me know what you think, and keep playing La Viola!

• 2 weeks later...

Just started with La Viola, coming up to first league game, squad looks like this so far-

GK- Frey, Costil

RB- Vanden Borre, Ujfalusi (possibly rplacing with rafinha)

LB- Urby Emanuelson, Manuel Da Costa, Potenza

CB- Mensah, Dainelli, Gamberini + a new cb,

DM?CM- De Rossi, Donadel, Liverani,

RM- Kuzmanovic, Santana

LM- D'Agostino, Semioli

AM- Montolivo, Buananotte

CF- Huntelaar, Pazzini, Vieri, Cacia

Still have osvaldo, jorgensen etc, but trying to offload them!

Ins:

De Rossi 10M (dont quite know how that happened, decalsred interest and he put in a transfer request, lucky me)

Huntelaar- 8.5M

Vanden Borre- 3M

Emanuelson=3.5M

Mensah- 4.5M +2.5 over 24months

D'Agostino- 5M

Hopefully signing VDV for roughly 12M, and possibly kalouda!

Outs:

Mutu- 25M

Kroldrup- 3M

Pasquale- 6M

Playing a 4-1-2-2-1,

Frey

AVB Mensah Dainelli Emanuelson

De Rossi

Kuzmanovic D'Agostino

Montolivo VDV

Huntelaar/Pazzini

Archived