Fm:2008¬Official Fiorentina Thread¬Back were they belong

Sir frosinone

After my chairman had an apparent nervous breakdown and sold off half my squad for peanuts at the end of my first season of Fiorentina, I started my career over again and I’m happy to report he’s in a far more stable state-of-mind!

Just starting my 4th season in great fashion by whipping Roma 4-0 on the opening day.

My first 3 seasons are summarised as follows:

Serie A: 2nd, 1st, 2nd

Copa Italia: Semis, Runner Up, Quarters

Uefa Cup (yr 1): Runner-Up

Champ League (yrs 2&3): Quarters, Semis

I've assembled a strong squad:

GK - Frey/Bouzanis

RB - Zaccardo/Vanden Borre

LB - Veluso/Sankhare

CB - Barzaghli/Zapata/Serdar Tasci/Sakho

RAM - Rosina/Goufrann

LAM - Menez/Saivet

CM - Kuzmanovic/Luca Cigarini/ Lassana Diarra

AM – Moutinho/ Wijnaldum

S - Pazzini/KieBling/N'Gog/ Oscar Trejo

...and just stenghtened it by signing £37m of new talent:

Stekelenburg (GK £14m - Ajax)

Quagliarella (AML/S £23m - Udinese)

The champions league is mine this year!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

decided to have a bash at a game with the Viola starting tonight. they have always been my 'second' italian team after Inter, and as i see Inter as being no real challenge, time to give Fiorentina a go.

hopefully the chairman won't be too over enthusiastic in selling my players in my game, though i reckon i will sell one to raise transfer funds. just need to decide who.

will post my updates as and when.

part way through my second season after neglecting my viola game for a while. arsenal have offered £28million for frey and i can get Lloris for £14million,should i sell?? and do you think Felipe,signed from Udinese last season is good enough for my champions league push??

I started a viola game awhile back and had been looking for a thread just to check out some other opinions.

Transfers out were Santana for £5mill, Gobbi £2.2 and Mutu for £12.75, think i sold a bit cheaply after looking on here at what others got. Couldn't get anyone interested in Ujfalosi and decided to keeo Kroldrup, Jorgensen and Vieri as bakc up till at least January.

In came Carlos Diogo £6.8, Denilson £3.0, Hamsik £7.75, Menez £10, Briand £10 although most of the cash was spread over 18-24 months on all transfers.

Preseason went well and was ontop after winning first 5 league games scoring 12 and conceding 2. although haven't played any big teams yet.

hello. the chairman just accepted a bid of 28mil from liverpool for montolivio so hes on his way out. have managed to keep together the very good core itallian players although pasquale has handed in a transfer request.

im in the jan transfer window season. think im goin gto splash out 30mil on diego to fill the gap montolivo has left. ive got 53mil left over so money is no object really.

hello. the chairman just accepted a bid of 28mil from liverpool for montolivio so hes on his way out. have managed to keep together the very good core itallian players although pasquale has handed in a transfer request.

im in the jan transfer window season. think im goin gto splash out 30mil on diego to fill the gap montolivo has left. ive got 53mil left over so money is no object really.

Yes he would be a great replacement for Monti but have a look at thiago Neves playing great for my milan team alsodont listen to pasqual he will retract that request and nobody will ofer over 10m for him so keep him but if he does go get either Rippert or Erminio Rullo.

thanks. its becoming a nightmare with all the clubs wanting to sign my players and they become unhappy then when i turn them down.

current squad is:

Frey/Ustari

Zaccardo/Ujfalusi

Pasquale/Da Costa

Gamberinie/Daniellie/Ferrari

Guana/Donadela/Bounatto/Kuzmanovic/Marchisio

Rosina/Piatti/Semioli

Pazzini (awsome)/Lupoli/Cacia

Ok well im back at Fiorentina and hoping for some succes. i spent a lot of money in pre season and got rid of a lot of players as i didnt like them. i brought in a couple of big name players and have bigplans for the Jan transfer window. the boread asked me what would we achieve and i said challange for the tittle.

Transfer In/Out

Very pleased with my dalings in the transfer market but still have a couple o targets in mind for jan.

http://Transfers In/Out/images/15019559/

http://img71291.pictiger.com/images/15019559/

Seire A

I told the board tha i would challange for the titlie but tbh i think i can win it if i get a good run of results at the right time and places.Iv started ok with 2 wins 1-0 win at home to Atalanta and a 2-1 win away at Napoli. Gila has not scored a competitive goal yet.

http://img71291.pictiger.com/images/15019651/

Coppa Italia

This is a cup i am defo going to try and win and in the first round i have been dran against Reggina

Euro Cup

Hopefully i can do as well as the team have in real life first round iv been drawn against macca Tel Aviv.

My Squad

Ok here is my squad and i think i need a lot of help.

http://img71291.pictiger.com/images/15019746/

Ok so al usual all help appreciated and welcome.

Originally posted by GavinLP1987:

Just started a game with la viola icon_biggrin.gif

Who are the must buys and which youth should I keep?

I have £16 mill and I'm on 8.02

oops. soz. i can see you are getting no help here so i will provide you with some. keep kuzmanovic no matter what. he is immense and he gets better. osvaldo is a decent player. i recommend a back-up to santana as semioli is not as good as he used to be on the old patches. maybe kalouda? also sign sakho, saivet, sankhare and try and get bojan on loan. a bargain signing would be stancu. to get him on a free, loan him for the first season then at the end of the season his contract will run out. then offer him one and he shall come.

Sir Forsinone, nice transfer mate. I see you've brought Barzagli, Gila and Neves again icon_smile.gif

In regards to your squad,

GK Frey, Amazing. Almunia is a great back-up.

DR AVB, I don't think his stats are good enough - defence wise to play as a back 3 but ok for the time being. I see him more as a MR.

DL Psaqual, Good here.

DC Barzagli, Worldclass and Gamberini is amazing too.

MF is strong

ST look good and very Italian!

Overall, a good team. However, you could do with a bit of strength in defence.

Definatly look to get Zaccardo on a free at the end of the season icon_smile.gif

Okay, after reading this thread, it has motivated me to start a new game.

Transfers Out -

Mutu - Arsneal $25M + 30% sell on.

Transfers In -

Barzagli - $12M -

Smaba - $2.1M

Van der Vaart - $12M

playing a 4231

GK - Frey

DR - Ujfalusi

DL - Da Costa

DC - Barzagli

DC - Samba

MC - Montolivo

MC - Kurzmanovic

AMR - Semioli

AML - Jorgensen

AMC - Van der Vaart

FC - Vieri

A restart -

Transfers Out -

Ujfalusi - $4.7M

Pasqual - $6.25M

Mutu - $30M

Gobbi - $2M

Transfers In -

Vanden Borre - $4.5M

Barzagli - $12.5M

Sakho - $625K

Samba - $2.1M

Neves - $8.5M

$17.5M left to spend in the Jan transfer Window. Looking to offload Frey and bring in a new keeper, as I don t really rate Frey due to his high eccentricity rating (16) way to high!!

Once the Jan Transfer Window closes, I am going to go with the following rules.

Transfer Rules

Italian or Italian passport

Youth Squad Promotion.

End of First Transfer Window

Thought i'd see how a Fiorentina goes so..

In's

Barzagli 12m

Zuiverloon 7m

Modesto 3.4m

Corradini 24k

Tuia, Sakho, Saivet, Sankhare, Aquino all free.

Total = 22.5m

Out's

Mutu 30m

Ujfalusi 7m

Total = 44.5m

Pasqual 7.5m

Results So Far..

Juventus 0-1 Fiorentina (Pazzani)

Fiorentina 3-1 Roma (Pazzani 2, Santana/Vucinic)

Team

Gk Frey

Dr Zuiverloon

Dl Modesto

Dc Barzagli

Dc Gamberini

Mc

In's

Barzagli 12m

Zuiverloon 7m

Modesto 3.4m

Corradini 24k

Total = 22.5m

Out's

Mutu 30m

Ujfalusi 7m

Total = 44.5m

Pasqual 7.5m

Results So Far..

Team

Gk Frey

Dr Zuiverloon

Dl Modesto

Dc Barzagli

Dc Gamberini

Mc

In's

Barzagli 12m

Zuiverloon 7m

Modesto 3.4m

Corradini 24k

Total = 22.5m

Out's

Mutu 30m

Ujfalusi 7m

Total = 44.5m

Pasqual 7.5m

Results So Far..

Team

Gk Frey

Dr Zuiverloon

Dl Modesto

Dc Barzagli

Dc Gamberini

Mc Liverani

Mc Kuzmanovic

Amr Santana

Aml Semioli

Amc Monotlivio

St Pazzani

I play a 4-2-3-1. Quick tempo and short passing through the middle.

My AMR and AML cut inside and have F-Arrows to the ST position.

AMC gets all the assists and ST tends to get the goals icon_smile.gif

I've used it at Lyon, Arsenal, Man United and Roma.

Hmm, amazing. I can't seem to find a tactic for my Viola. Is there any possiblity you could upload yours? icon_smile.gif

Meanwhile just started my game with Viola. No transferbudgets. Looking to buy and sell in the winter for the first time.

Originally posted by Leandro Davide:

Hmm, amazing. I can't seem to find a tactic for my Viola. Is there any possiblity you could upload yours? icon_smile.gif

Meanwhile just started my game with Viola. No transferbudgets. Looking to buy and sell in the winter for the first time.

Im not sure how to upload them im afraid. Never really been one for uploading/downloading tactics.

Pazzini is awsome upfront for me so no need for toni imo. hes getting on as well.

Pazzini has got 30+ goals in both my seasons so far and just won the itallian player of the year award.

had a pretty successfull season 2 as i won the uefa cup (beating inter 2-0 in final) finishing 4th in the league and then losing in the itallian cup final against inter 1-0. was offered a new 2 year contract which i accepted.

Buonanotte and piatti have developed in to wonderkids and are looking really good for the future.

less positive note was gamberini wanting to leave. he went to milan for 15mil and i brought in woodgate to replace him whos has been great so far.

not really realted but milan have sepnt 125mil on 6 players start of season 3. where did all that money come from?

Half way the season now, a little update:

Serie A: 3th with 8 points behind number 1 wich is Milan

UEFA CUP: 1 Knock-Out round against Stuttgart, won the first leg home with 1-0

Coppa Italia: Semi-finals against Inter, so probably loose that for sure

Playing in a 4-4-1-1 with the wingers with arrows.

All the tranfers in the second tranfer-window as I started my game with no tranferbudget for the clubs icon_smile.gif

Transfers Out:

Mutu - Arsenal €41 mil

Kuzmanovic - Internazionale €35 mil (I accepted this, I thought it was to good to turn down)

Transfers In:

Jeremy Menez - AS Monaco € 18.5 mil

Angelo Palombo - Sampdoria € 17.75 mil

Rafael van der Vaart - HSV € 21.5 mil

Still €35 mil left and €40 as clubmoney icon_smile.gif

Hope to do good in the rest of the season, doubt I will but okay ... icon_smile.gif

I've just started as Fiorentina

In the first window I should just about manage not to sell anyone. I was wondering, which formations would you recommend playing and play who where???

I've signed Samba (bargain as always) and M. Fernandez.

Thanks in advance

Archived