FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well made it to mid-November and on a 9 game unbeaten streak, but currently really worried with the Injury Crisis at the club we have Afonso, Gomis, Franjic, Winter, Jehl & Ouaddou all on the injury list. Hopefully I can just keep the run going until my stars get back and then we should be ok, that above list is five of my first XI.

FC_Libourne_Saint-Seurin_L_Isle-log.gif

FC Libourne-Saint-Seurin, 2026-27, Ligue 1

League Position - 6th: Past Positions

Squad

Transfers

Summary

Transfer-wise in pre-season I saw the departure of first team Goalkeeper Erik Vorm, who left for Olympiakos for 5M. His replacement, Josip Grnja cost 2.7M and is arguably just as good/better. Our new record signing is quality left back Cezar who cost just over 4M, I don't like over-paying but he's definitely worth that much in my opinion. I also brought in experienced midfielder Steve Hardy on a Bosman from Liverpool, as well as striker Srdjan Hamidovic on a Bosman from Braga. Moustapha Fofana completed my transfer dealings in January, he cost 95K which was an absolute steal considering he's now my best right back!

The league itself was pretty much a carbon copy of last season, aside from the fact we were never really that close to the leaders who were pretty dominant. I think we got about 3 or 4 points less than last season but we still managed to finish a position higher, which is always nice. One thing that is good is that our defence was a lot better than last year, we had one of the best defensive units in the league, at least statistically anyway. In order to reach the EURO Cup via the league you have to come 5th, 6th can get you a place if the winner of the French Cup is a team 5th and above, however this season it wasn't. Luckily the team that won the French Cup was in-fact none other than FC Libourne-Saint-Seurin!

In the cups we managed to reach both domestic cup finals, we were runners up in the Coupe de la Ligue, but managed to win the French Cup. It was the first time we'd reached the semi final of either competition.

On another good note the board have once again decided to improve the training and youth facilities, they were average at the start of the season so I am not sure what the next improvement is, I think it's above average?

Onze de départ

GK: Josip Grnja, 27, Croatia - The new Goalkeeper who replaced the deperating Vorm, I made a profit of about 2M on him and to be honest, he's just as good/better than Vorm anyway.

DR: Moustapha Fofana, 26, Ivory Coast - He was brought in for an incredible price of 95K. The best right back at the club and did well whilst adapting to his new surroundings after signing in January.

DL: Cezar, 19, Brazil - The young Brazilian is our record signing and has already begun proving why I paid the 4M+ for him.

DC: Vladimir Stokic, 24, Serbia - The Serbian continued his partnership with Lacroix in defence and looked largely comfortable, together they're very good defensively.

DC: Mateo Lacroix, 22, France - Another good season for the young French central defender

MR: Jérôme Hebert, 25, France - Another good season for the homegrown hero.

ML: Stephen Sharp, 22, Scotland - He continued his run at ML. He's definitely very replaceable, but will do in the position until I can find a suitable player to replace him.

MC: Martin Leitner, 26, Austria - His pass ratio is one of the best in the league, despite not achieving much attackingly, he's good with link up play and starting attacking moves from the middle of the pitch.

MC: Matthieu Causse, 30, France- With captain Sergio Marbus now a rotational player due to his struggles with match fitness, Causse led the midfield for the second year running. He did a good job.

ST: Srdjan Hamidovic, 29, Serbia - The experienced Serb was a fantastic freebie and despite not scoring as many goals as I'd hoped, 11 is not too bad considering he cost nothing. I hope that he can improve on this total next year once he is more adapted to the French league.

ST: Razvan Ionica, 29, Romania - Yet another good year for the Romanian striker, scoring 23 goals in 37 starts.

-

Official Fans Player of the Year - Matthieu Causse

Unofficial Young Player of the Year - Mateo Lacroix

Career Overview

Season     League   Position   Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  National    4th       None
2011/12  National    5th       None
2012/13  National    7th       None
2013/14  National    2nd       Promoted 
2014/15  Ligue 2    18th       Relegated
2015/16  National    3rd       Promotion
2016/17  Ligue 2    13th       None
2017/18  Ligue 2    12th       None
2018/19  Ligue 2     7th       None
2019/20  Ligue 2     6th       None
2020/21  Ligue 2     1st       Promoted as Champions
2021/22  Ligue 1     18th      Relegated
2022/23  Ligue 2     1st       Promoted as Champions
2023/24  Ligue 1     13th      None
2024/25  Ligue 1     15th      None
2025/26  Ligue 1     7th       None
2026/27  Ligue 1     6th       French Cup winners

[b][size=3][u]Trophies won:[/u][/size]
[/b]
Ligue 2    (x2) - 2020/21 & 2022/23
French Cup (x1) - 2026/27

Razer - congrats on Cl football. great achievement. that's some season by Benfica too.

Thanks, I'm already into February of the following season. CL football does wonders for the bank balance. Benfica are still very much my bogey team, including my current season we've failed to beat them in 15 meetings. Our best result a draw.

Razer - A great season there from the Fafeful good to see them back at the top of the leagues, good luck in the new season.

Cheers buddy - getting a little jealous of the fashionable Fafe shirt you're now wearing. :p

Thanks, I'm already into February of the following season. CL football does wonders for the bank balance. Benfica are still very much my bogey team, including my current season we've failed to beat them in 15 meetings. Our best result a draw.

Cheers buddy - getting a little jealous of the fashionable Fafe shirt you're now wearing. :p

Benfica were also the team I struggled against the most, and as for the Jersey, I am loving it, cannot think of a better thing to have bought.

Well I have the closest half season table in a long time, I am only in 5th, but only 3 points separate the entire top 6. There is a bit of a gap after that, but I am also on track to beat the goal scoring record of 62 goals in a season for the Liga Vitalis. Below is the top half of the table.

| Pos   | Inf   | Team              |       | Pld   | W-D-L     | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | E. Amadora        |       | 15    | 8-4-3     | 25    | 15    | +10   | 28    | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Varzim            |       | 15    | 8-4-3     | 27    | 17    | +10   | 28    | 
| 3rd   |       | Trofense          |       | 15    | 9-1-5     | 16    | 11    | +5    | 28    | 
| 4th   |       | Freamunde         |       | 15    | 8-3-4     | 26    | 16    | +10   | 27    | 
| 5th   |       | Lusitano de Évora |       | 15    | 7-5-3     | 32    | 18    | +14   | 26    | 
| 6th   |       | Leixões           |       | 15    | 7-4-4     | 22    | 17    | +5    | 25    | 

Congrats Paul on the Cup, and also an improved league season.

On my side of things, I have been drawn in the Quarterfinals of the Portuguese Cup against Benfica, away from home. So that should be my cup run over, but now is the chance to show them what I can do, and make some money in the process.

On the records chase:

Liga Vitalis Goals Record: 62 - Evora 37 (16) - This means I need 26 from 14.

Liga Vitalis Goalscorer: 24 - Gomis 13 (16) - This means he needs 12 from 14.

Evora League Goalscorer: 23 - Gomis 13 (16) - This means he needs 12 from 14.

Evora Goalscorer: 29 - Gomis 16 (18) - This means he needs 14 from 15.

Those are really the only ones I am seeing chased this season.

And the board made a 1.1m investment to get us out of the red, but now expect loan repayments of 6.5k a month til 2042...ummm yeah thanks for that.

good to see Gomis is doing the business again. Looks like you need the Benfica money after that crazy loan!

He also has a new striking partner, Hector Cruz of Spain (21), who has come in January. Currently 2(1) 3G 0A 7.57AR. That kind of helps, also with now three star midfielders, even after losing Manuel in July, we picked up Abraham of Spain (21), currently 2(0) 0G 2A 7.75AR. Leao of Portugal (32), currently 18(1) 4G 4A 7.04AR, Perez Rojo of Spain (26), currently 20(2) 2G 7A 7.15AR. With numbers like that around him the pressure is really off Gomis, but he just keeps on going.

Des Tiny's

Lusitano de Evora

lusitano_de_evora_home.png

End of Season

2017/18 Liga Vitalis

The Current Season

The Quick Reference

Predicted: 4th

Actual: 1st

Odds: 5th= (25-1)

Portuguese Cup: Quarter Final vs Benfica

League Cup: 1st Round vs Trofense - Leg 1 - Leg 2

Finances: 2M (13th Por)

Season Tickets: 368 (+7)

The Squad: Squad 1 & 2

Transfers: 2017/18

The Season in General

Well we got given a 1.1 million pound loan by the new director following the elections this season, we have to pay it back at 6.5k per month, but we are still in the black, and with the step up into Liga Sagres that money is going to come in handy. The transfer front saw a lot of movement this season as players left and joined.

The League

As the Position Graph shows we once more had a terrible end to the season, but we started to recover and managed to be in touch at the halfway point, then we went on a run of unbeaten matches. The real turning point was when we faced three of the top 5 in a row, first up was U. Madeira at home and we beat them 3:1, we followed this with a 2:0 victory over Trofense away, and a 2:0 victory over the league Runner-ups Varzim at home. To top this off we broke the record for goals scored in a Liga Vitalis season with 69, smashing the old record of 62. Evora was promoted with two games remaining, and Galiano was surprised, he also thought the board should make sure Des Tiny was with the club for years to come, the board were delighted with the unexpected promotion, and the fans were in an understandbly jubilant mood. Then as Evora won the Liga Vitalis, Galiano hailed the Wondermaker, for Des Tiny's great job with the players available, while the board were delighted with the result, and the fans were in a jubilant mood.

Player Stats

The Cups

Wel we tumbled early in the League Cup again, losing to Trofense in the 1st Round. Our run in the Portuguese Cup was much better this season as we managed to get to the Quarterfinals once more, this time we drew Benfica and managed to hold them out pretty well, Jehl was gutted to put an own goal in, and then they scored two late goals to wrap it up. Pretty happy with the Cup run.

The U19s & Reserves

The Reserves had an average season as they finished 6th of 12 in their group, but a great season from our U19s saw them finish 5th in the league, but they made it all the way to the final of the cup to go down to Porto in the final.

U19s Cup Final vs Porto 0:3

The Club's History

League Records

|----------|----------|-----------|----------|--------------|
|  Season  |  League  | Final Pos | Playoffs | Achievements |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4647693&postcount=2810"]2010/11[/url] |   2DS    |    [url="http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]6th[/url]    |          |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4669085&postcount=2856"]2011/12[/url] |   2DS    |    [url="http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]1st[/url]    |    [url="http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]2nd[/url]   |   Promoted   |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4687627&postcount=2883"]2012/13[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]8th[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4693906&postcount=2918"]2013/14[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8594/ligavitalis.png"]3rd[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4735466&postcount=3041"]2014/15[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6752/ligavitalis14.png"]3rd[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4897020&postcount=3290"]2015/16[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3581/ligavitalis9.png"]4th[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4901543&postcount=3295"]2016/17[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4115/ligavitalis6.png"]3rd[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4911039&postcount=3311"]2017/18[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8971/ligavitalis10.png"]1st[/url]    |    N/A   |   Promoted   |

Goals Home & Away

|----------|----------|---------|---------|-------|
|  Season  |  League  |  Home   |  Away   | Total |
|  2010/11 |   2DS    |  36-15  |  18-29  | 54-44 |
|  2011/12 |   2DS    |  39-10  |  31-20  | 70-30 |
|  2012/13 |    LV    |  33-22  |  20-25  | 53-47 |
|  2013/14 |    LV    |  27-17  |  26-19  | 53-36 |
|  2014/15 |    LV    |  34-16  |  25-21  | 59-37 |
|  2015/16 |    LV    |  41-14  |  20-22  | 61-36 |
|  2016/17 |    LV    |  39-14  |  23-21  | 62-35 |
|  2017/18 |    LV    |  39-10  |  30-19  | 69-29 |

I was delighted to see us top goals scored, and goals allowed from previous seasons. We not only broke the Most goals in a season record we smashed it by 7 goals. Our away record was a major improvement and has us on our way to the Liga Sagres

|----------|----------|----------|----------|----------|
|  Season  |  League  |   Home   |  Away    | Total    |
|  2010/11 |   2DS    | 10-03-02 | 05-01-09 | 15-04-11 |
|  2011/12 |   2DS    | 13-03-01 | 07-06-04 | 20-10-05 |
|  2012/13 |    LV    | 09-01-05 | 03-07-05 | 12-08-10 |
|  2013/14 |    LV    | 07-06-02 | 08-04-03 | 15-10-05 |
|  2014/15 |    LV    | 11-04-00 | 07-03-05 | 18-07-05 |
|  2015/16 |    LV    | 11-02-02 | 04-03-08 | 15-05-10 |
|  2016/17 |    LV    | 11-01-03 | 05-04-06 | 16-05-09 |
|  2017/18 |    LV    | 12-01-02 | 07-05-03 | 19-06-05 |

1st Half vs 2nd Half

|  Season  |  League  |   Open   |  Close   | Total    |
|  2016/17 |    LV    | 06-02-07 | 10-03-02 | 16-05-09 |
|  2017/18 |    LV    | 07-05-03 | 12-01-02 | 19-06-05 |

A huge second half to the season saw us blitz our way home, no one could even compare to the second half we had, coming from 5th to steal the title.

Club Records & Competition History

New Records: Highest League Position: 1st LV, Games Won in a Row: 8, Games without Scoring: 3, Career League Appearances: Federici (162), Career League Goals: Afonso (47)

All Records: Part 1 & 2.

Competition History: 2nd Division South - Winners 2012, Liga Vitalis - Winners 2018, 3rd 2014,2015,2017, Reserves Group 3 - 3rd 2017, U19s Cup - 2nd 2018

The Players

The Squad

Current Teams Stats: This Season & Evora Career.

Goalkeepers

33. Leon van Gils - The young dutchman joined the club in July and only conceded 31 goals in the 34 games he started, a huge contribution at the back. He made a real difference to us in being able to win the Liga Vitalis in 2018.

31. Mohamed Taouil - He is just not improving towards his potential (4*) at all, he has barely made time on the park so far this season, but he will stick around in case van Gils takes an injury.

Right Backs

63. Oier Torres - A true anchor at the back, he also made a couple of appearances on the Right wing, and with a new back-up alongside him Torres is looking to be able to make it in the top league. The young Spainard is going to be playing for Evora next year.

8. Urtzi Garitano - The newest signing of them all, he came in as cover for Torres, he can also play at DC, MC & MR, he is clearly going to feature in our strengthened side. Garitano only played 9 games in this season, he will probably feature in a fair few more next year.

36. Ander Suarez Rodriguez - He may be the longest serving of the right backs, but during the season he lost his place to Torres, and then his bench spot to the new man as well. Rodriguez has been signed for next season, but he is unlikely to feature.

Left Backs

51. Angel Luis - He joined the club in January and made 13 appearances after that, he was very good everytime he took the park. He surpassed Federici by the end of the season, but can the youngster step it up into Liga Sagres or will he be left behind?

17. Gabriele Federici - Near the end of the season he was a bench warmer, but his early form still saw him put in 33 appearances and become the most capped Evora player of all time as he cracked the 200. Will be good to see him continue into 2018/19, but I expect he will be left behind.

Centre Backs

5. Alberto Fernandez Gonzalez - The number 1 central defender had a great season at the back, he featured in nearly every game and showed a good strong hand at the back. He will be looking to lead the club from the back in seasons to come.

3. Darko Franjic - A huge season from the Croatian. He scored 4 goals in one game, and also was good at the back, his tackling was superior and helped us to keep our goals against down on previous seasons.

7. Sebastian Visentin - The former Vice-Captain is off to Espinho in the new year, and this season he never really played, not surprising that the manager is willing to let him go.

Right Wings

47. Matteo Jehl - The frenchman played 35 games this season for 7 goals and 7 assists, he managed to keep his starting spot, and there is not really any competition for his slot. He is very good out there and he will be hoping to continue playing and build on his 132 appearances.

Left Wings

27. Hans Winter - The new signing on the left stepped straight into the starting line-up, he had an injury near the end of the season which hampered him. He was a feature in 29 games, with 4 goals, 6 assists & 3 Man of the Match awards. Twas the Winter of discontent, made glorious summer by this here son of Hans.

99. Jose Saiz - He had an average season really, but sharing the starting position meant he never really got a flow going in his game. Hopefully he is able to make the step up, because playing Left wing and Striker will be great off the bench.

Centre Mids

29. Abraham - Another of the January signings this season, he slotted into the midfield in rotation with Perez Rojo & Leao, and they fired like nothing else. In just 17 games he got 9 assists and managed to confirm his spot for 2018/19 in the Liga Sagres, if he keeps improving I would like to see Benfica stop him.

55. Andre Leao - A great season in the middle from Leao, and he has made it to 99 appearances for Evora, he will be back next season. Even if he only gets the single start to make his 100, he is hoping to not be overtaken by the young guns Perez Rojo & Abraham for his spot.

13. Carlos Perez Rojo - Number 13 may be unlucky for some, but after a few seasons behind Manuel, Leao and oithers he finally got a break and stepped into the starting team with flying performances. 33 games and 8 assists, there is almost no question of the great competition in the midfield. Be good if at least two of them can step up.

21. Carlos Infante - The Infant showed some rare skills, but he never really had a chance once Abraham came along, he will be hoping to jump into contention through the friendlies in the new season.

12. Leon Evers - Another of the ones with the ability to play at multiple positions. He didn't play much this season, but he did show a little flair. Will he make it in the new season or will he go to other pastures.

22. Popo - He started the season as the back up right winger, but ended up in the reserve squad, it is likely he will leave the club following an average season.

44. Koen Koster - He only made a handful of appearances this season, and will be joining Fatima in the new year.

Strikers

38. Hector Cruz - The newest striker on the block brought some youthful enthusiasm into the front pairing, he lined up alongside Gomis from day one at Evora. With 13 goals from 18 appearances at the age of 22 there is no doubt he will feature next season. I cannot see the club being able to bring in a better striker.

77. Marcel Gomis - He may have only scored 20 goals this season, but he was great in support of Cruz. He may be aging, but he is definitely in with a shot of leading from the front again in the new season. He had a few injuries this season, and still performed a great effort.

23. Antonio Russo - The other of the young connection at Striker, he only made the park for 14 games, but during that time he featured reasonably well, he scored goals when they were needed. He will most likely be a back-up in the new season.

88. Arsenio Bernard - He only made the field for 8 games this season, but with Afonso on the way out following his drop in both form and skills Bernard has a chance to step up into the new season. Can he score goals in the Liga Sagres?

10. Guilherme Afonso - The clubs all time leading goalscorer has come to the end of his tenure at the club, his contract is up and Des Tiny is not going to renew it. With only 6 goals from 18 games he was clearly surpassed by the new young guns.

The Best of the Best

topplayers.jpg

The 100 Club

100club.jpg

Gabriele Federici 200, Jose Manuel 179, Carlos Perez Rojo 169, Deigo Galiano 151, Sebastian Visentin 147, Raphael Lopes 146, Guilherme Afonso 132, Matteo Jehl 132, Jose Maria 113.

The Awards

Portugal

Most Improved Club: Evora 3rd

Liga Vitalis

Manager of the Year: Des Tiny 1st.

Player of the Year: Matteo Jehl 2nd.

Golden Boot: Marcel Gomis 1st (17)

Highest Avg Rating: Darko Franjic 1st (7.48)

Team of the Year: Leon van Gils (GK), Darko Franjic (DC), Matteo Jehl (MR), Hans Winter (ML), Marcel Gomis (ST).

Signing of the Season: Hector Cruz (free)

Goal of the Year: Antonio Russo 2nd

Quickest Goal: Marcel Gomis 3rd (26s)

Manager of the Month - Sep: Des Tiny 3rd, Oct: Des Tiny 2nd, Jan: Des Tiny 2nd, Mar: Des Tiny 3rd Apr: Des Tiny 2nd.

Player of the Month - Oct: Marcel Gomis 1st, Dec: Marcel Gomis 3rd, Feb: Darko Franjic 3rd, Mar: Abraham 1st, Matteo Jehl 2nd, Angel Luis 3rd.

Goal of the Month - Dec: Marcel Gomis 2nd, Jan: Antonio Russo 1st.

Evora

Fans PotY: Darko Franjic

Best XI: van Gils, Torres, Luis, Gonzalez, Franjic, Jehl, Winter, Abraham, Leao, Cruz, Gomis.

Subs: Taouil, Afonso, Perez Rojo, Popo, Russo, Federici, Saiz.

Overall XI: Martins, Rodriguez, M. Silva, Franjic, Galiano, Jehl, Lopes, Leao, Manuel, Gomis, Afonso.

Subs: Saracino, Alves, Maria, Perez Rojo, Wesllem, Mauro, Willian.

Where are they now?

Evora: Rodriguez, Franjic, Jehl, Leao, Gomis, Afonso, Perez Rojo.

Other Clubs Players: Martins (Braga), Galiano (Zamora), Lopes (Leiria), Manuel (Leixoes), Saracino (Catania), Alves (M.Cavaleiros), Maria (Sanjoanense), Willian (Aves).

Other Clubs Staff: Silva - Manager (Sanjoanense), Mauro - Manager (Unemployed).

Retired: Wesllem.

The Next Season

Aims

This Season

1. Promotion (Achieved)

2. Make SFs of Cup (Sooo Close)

3. Make 3rd Round League Cup (Nowhere near)

4. Actual aim for points (60) (Complete - 63)

5. Break LV Goals Record (62) (Complete - 69)

Next Season

1. Avoid Relegation

2. Make SFs of Cup

3. Make a Profit

4. Get a win over top 3

And the Rest

Well the board wanted me to attempt to avoid relegation, but I have said I will avoid it. They are going to give me 875k transfer budget & 28.5k p/w wages. Considering I am currently spending under 8k this is HUGE! We were then given 1M for TV Rights which combined with a new sponsorship deal of 325k and a new Parent Club (I never asked, but won't say no) giving us 45.8k has seen us stay out of the red. Now to go see what players I can sign to improve this club.

Des Tiny's

Lusitano de Evora

Pre-Season

2018/19 Liga Sagres

Transfers

Well I hadn't planned on bringing in many players, but when I saw what was out there, and what I could bring in I really had no choice I had to do it. So here are my signings so far.

|-----------|
|   In      |
|-----------|-------------------------|-------|-----|--------|-------| 
| Date      | Person                  |  Pos  | Nat | From   | Fee   | 
| 1.7.2018  | [url="http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7050/73alessandrogabrieli.png"]Gabrieli, Alessandro[/url]    |  AML  | ITA | None   | Free  | 
| 1.7.2018  | [url="http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6969/44gaetanosantangelo.png"]Santangelo, Gaetano[/url]     |  ST   | ITA | None   | Free  | 
| 1.7.2018  | [url="http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/7348/26antoniomartnez.png"]Martínez, Antonio[/url]       | DM/MC | ESP | None   | Free  | 
| 1.7.2018  | [url="http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5438/25pablocabezas.png"]Cabezas, Pablo[/url]          |  MLC  | ESP | None   | Free  | 
| 1.7.2018  | [url="http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/42/82marcosmorelli.png"]Morelli, Marcos[/url]         |  ST   | ITA | None   | Free  |
| 1.7.2018  | [url="http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3532/22nikolamarkovicskokic.png"]Markovic-Skokic, Nikola[/url] |  MC   | SRB | None   | Free  | 
| 8.7.2018  | [url="http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5794/6alessandrosorrentino.png"]Sorrentino, Alessandro[/url]  |  DC   | ITA | None   | Free  |
| 11.7.2018 | [url="http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6549/62benjaminaddo.png"]Addo, Benjamin[/url]          |  DL   | GHA | Naval  | £450K |
| 11.7.2018 | [url="http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7245/1alessandroguerra.png"]Guerra, Alessandro[/url]      |  ST   | ITA | Inter  | £400K |
| 18.7.2018 | [url="http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1863/30carstenlittmann.png"]Littmann, Carsten[/url]       |  GK   | AUT | LASK   | £475K |
|           | Total                                          | £1.3M |
|-----------|------------------------------------------------|-------| 

Our first signing of the window was Gabrieli, who is going to be the starter on our left wing, he will replace Winter in this position and looks like a possible star. Next I signed Santangelo who is most likely to start alongside Cruz for the new season, though he may be replaced by Guerra who is the star for the future at Striker, or Morelli who is pretty much the runner-up in this battle. But the change to young-guns over my older former strikers may come back to haunt me. The next move was to bring in some good solid Centre Mids, as the ones I had while solid were never meant to play at this level, so I brough in Martinez, Cabezas & Markovic-Skokic, all three of these will alternate with Abraham in the starting line-up. All along I had been trying to strengthen my defense, but most of those players would not sign for my club, I ended up bringing in Addo as the starting DL, and Sorrentino who will just be cover for DC. The final acquisition of July was to bring in a class GK for the team, I just couldn't see my current one making the step up. So now I had the team I was hoping to keep me clear of relegation.

Of course I had to send some players out of the club to be able to get these ones in, no worries on wage budget. I am well under that, but these players were all likely to complain about the lack of play time. Was worried about sending another player to JD Evora, my cross town rivals, but it had to be done. Bringing in an extra £300k helped, but I still made it to £1M in debt once more.

|-----------|
|   Out     |
|-----------|-------------------------|-------|-----|----------|-------| 
| Date      | Person                  |  Pos  | Nat | To       | Fee   | 
| 1.7.2018  | Doménech, Alberto       |  DL   | ESP | JD Evora | Free  |  
| 1.7.2018  | Koster, Koen            |  AMC  | NED | Fatima   | Free  | 
| 1.7.2018  | Visentin, Sebastian     |  DRC  | ITA | Espinho  | Free  | 
| 1.7.2018  | Popo                    |  MRC  | ESP | Zamora   | Free  | 
| 1.7.2018  | Afonso, Guilherme       |  ST   | SUI | Zamora   | Free  | 
| 1.7.2018  | Escudero, Luis          |  DL   | ESP | None     | Free  | 
| 18.7.2018 | Xavier, Paulo           |  MC   | POR | None     | Free  | 
| 18.7.2018 | Augusto, Eduardo        |  ST   | POR | None     | Free  | 
| 18.7.2018 | Monteiro, André         |  ST   | POR | None     | Free  | 
| 18.7.2018 | Queirós, Bruno          |  ST   | POR | None     | Free  | 
| 23.7.2018 | André Leao              |  MC   | POR | Red Star | £150K | 
| 23.7.2018 | Evers, Leon             | DC/MC | NED | Infesta  | £55K  | 
| 25.7.2018 | Infante, Carlos         |  MC   | ESP | Olrvrnse | £40K  | 
| 25.7.2018 | Sáiz, José              | ML/ST | ESP | Rio Ave  | £55K  | 
| 25.7.2018 | Bernard, Arsenio        |  ST   | BEL | Louletno | Loan  | 
|           | Total                                            | £300k |
|-----------|--------------------------------------------------|-------| 

congrats Des. at last!! Looking forward to the new season - best not get relegated!! dome good signings in there. A few handy Italians been picked up. looks like they'll be more than capable in the top league.

good luck.

Well yet again it is a close battle heading into the final 5 games. The only difference being that this season the battle is to avoid relegation. A surprise 1:0 away victory over Vit. Guimaraes has given us a chance. It is really waaay too close to call though.

| Pos   | Team              | Pld   | W-D-L     | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| 11th  | Boavista          | 25    | 7-4-14    | 26    | 43    | -17   | 25    | 
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 12th  | Vit. Setubal      | 25    | 6-6-13    | 16    | 35    | -19   | 24    | 
| 13th  | Lusitano de Évora | 25    | 5-8-12    | 25    | 44    | -19   | 23    | 
| 14th  | P.Ferreira        | 25    | 5-7-13    | 16    | 34    | -18   | 22    | 
| 15th  | Belenenses        | 25    | 5-7-13    | 20    | 39    | -19   | 22    | 
| 16th  | Leiria            | 25    | 6-3-16    | 22    | 51    | -29   | 21    | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have come up with a mathematical method of figuring the best run in, take the current position of the teams they will face, add them together, the higher the total the better the 5 game run. (An expansion on this would be some form of multiplier for home and away games) So here we go:

Boavista: vs Porto (2), at Braga (5), vs Evora (13), at Sporting (3), at Belenenses (15).

Vit. Setubal: at Evora (13), vs Belenenses (15), at Academica (8), vs Benfica (1), at Beira Mar (9).

Evora: vs Vit. Setubal (12), at Porto (2), at Boavista (11), vs Belenenses (15), at Academica (8).

P.Ferreira: at Academica (8), vs Benfica (1), at Beira Mar (9), vs Leiria (16), at Maritimo (7).

Belenenses: vs Varzim (10), at Vit. Setubal (12), vs Porto (2), at Evora (13), vs Boavista (11).

Leiria: vs Sporting (3), at Nacional (4), vs Guimaraes (6), at P.Ferreira (14), vs Varzim (10).

So that gives the following totals:

Boavista: 38, Vit.Setubal: 46, Evora: 48, P.Ferreira: 41, Belenenses: 48, Leiria: 37.

So according to my very poor method Leiria has to be really worried and will probably be the first team to go down. Evora, Vit.Setubal & Belenenses have to be happy with their run in, though all three of them have to face a top 2 team.

Des Tiny's

Lusitano de Evora

End of Season

2018/19 Liga Sagres

A Tale of Survival

The Current Season

The Quick Reference

Predicted: 15th

Actual: 10th

Odds: 16th (2000-1)

Portuguese Cup: 5th Round vs Feirense

League Cup: 3rd Round: 3rd Group C

Finances: 3.4M (10th Por)

Season Tickets: 974 (+606)

The Squad: Squad 1 & 2

Transfers: 2018/19

The Season in General

This season I got a good amount of income from the TV Rights, a new sponsorship deal and a new parent club for a total of 1.7M pounds, which was going to be a huge help. I ended up losing about 1.5M over the season as I went a little crazy in the transfer market, I spent 1.3M & only got in 475k, so with that leaving me short and also the higher wage costs meant I was losing money from the beginning. The transfers though saw my team strengthened across the park, with the exception of right wing and my centre backs I was happy. After the season looking back I know a couple of solid centre backs would've been the difference, once my pair got into the game it was too late to do anything amazing.

The League

We had a reasonable start as we won 2 of our first 4 to stay right in the hunt, but then a horrible run where we couldn't score, though we didn't allow too many against lower teams the big boys spanked us. Nacional 0:5, Benfica 1:4, Beira Mar 2:5, saw us drop well into the relegation race. I knew coming into the last ten games that we need to pick up some points and quickly. We faced Sporting first and went down 1:6, it was not looking good, next up was Nacional, and we managed a huge 1:1 result which was massive considering our earlier loss to them. Then a 0:0 draw away to P.Ferreira another relegation battler, we followed this with a 2:2 against the other promoted team Varzim, and then a huge 1:0 victory over Vit Guimaraes who were in the top 6 all season, we followed this with results of Vit Setubal 2:0, Porto 0:3, & Boavista 4:1 at which point we managed to avoid relegation, we completed the season with results against Belenenses 2:2 & Academica 1:0. A pretty good first season in the top league.

The Cups

The League Cup saw us entering at the 2nd Round now, and we were drawn with Beira Mar & Espinho, a defeat of Espinho & a draw against Beira Mar saw us into the 3rd round where we faced Porto, Boavista & Nacional, the expected results here as we beat Boavista and lost to Porto & Nacional. In the Portuguese Cup we had a good run defeating U.Madeira first, and then beating Vit Guimaraes on penalties, but we were upset by Feirense in the 5th round and tumbled out.

The U19s & Reserves

This season both were safely near the top of their leagues, the U19s finished 5th and the reserves finished 2nd behind Sporting.

The Club's History

League Records

|  Season  |  League  | Final Pos | Playoffs | Achievements |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4647693&postcount=2810"]2010/11[/url] |   2DS    |    [url="http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]6th[/url]    |          |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4669085&postcount=2856"]2011/12[/url] |   2DS    |    [url="http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]1st[/url]    |    [url="http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]2nd[/url]   |   Promoted   |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4687627&postcount=2883"]2012/13[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]8th[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4693906&postcount=2918"]2013/14[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8594/ligavitalis.png"]3rd[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4735466&postcount=3041"]2014/15[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6752/ligavitalis14.png"]3rd[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4897020&postcount=3290"]2015/16[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3581/ligavitalis9.png"]4th[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4901543&postcount=3295"]2016/17[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4115/ligavitalis6.png"]3rd[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4911039&postcount=3311"]2017/18[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8971/ligavitalis10.png"]1st[/url]    |    N/A   |   Promoted   |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4918967&postcount=3319"]2018/19[/url] |    LS    |   [url="http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6383/ligasagres2.png"]10th[/url]    |    N/A   |     None     |

Goals Home & Away

|  Season  |  League  |  Home   |  Away   | Total |
|  2010/11 |   2DS    |  36-15  |  18-29  | 54-44 |
|  2011/12 |   2DS    |  39-10  |  31-20  | 70-30 |
|  2012/13 |    LV    |  33-22  |  20-25  | 53-47 |
|  2013/14 |    LV    |  27-17  |  26-19  | 53-36 |
|  2014/15 |    LV    |  34-16  |  25-21  | 59-37 |
|  2015/16 |    LV    |  41-14  |  20-22  | 61-36 |
|  2016/17 |    LV    |  39-14  |  23-21  | 62-35 |
|  2017/18 |    LV    |  39-10  |  30-19  | 69-29 |
|  2018/19 |    LS    |  18-18  |  16-32  | 34-50 |

|  Season  |  League  |   Home   |  Away    | Total    |
|  2010/11 |   2DS    | 10-03-02 | 05-01-09 | 15-04-11 |
|  2011/12 |   2DS    | 13-03-01 | 07-06-04 | 20-10-05 |
|  2012/13 |    LV    | 09-01-05 | 03-07-05 | 12-08-10 |
|  2013/14 |    LV    | 07-06-02 | 08-04-03 | 15-10-05 |
|  2014/15 |    LV    | 11-04-00 | 07-03-05 | 18-07-05 |
|  2015/16 |    LV    | 11-02-02 | 04-03-08 | 15-05-10 |
|  2016/17 |    LV    | 11-01-03 | 05-04-06 | 16-05-09 |
|  2017/18 |    LV    | 12-01-02 | 07-05-03 | 19-06-05 |
|  2019/19 |    LS    | 05-05-05 | 03-04-08 | 08-09-13 |

1st Half vs 2nd Half

|  Season  |  League  |   Open   |  Close   | Total    |
|  2016/17 |    LV    | 06-02-07 | 10-03-02 | 16-05-09 |
|  2017/18 |    LV    | 07-05-03 | 12-01-02 | 19-06-05 |
|  2018/19 |    LS    | 03-04-08 | 05-05-05 | 08-09-13 |

Club Records & Competition History

New Records: Highest Attendance: 12107, Highest Gate: 130k, Games without Winning: 6, Games without Scoring: 4, Career League Apps: Federici (165), Highest Fee Paid: Littmann 475k, Highest Fee Received: Martinez 170k, Transfer Spending: 1.4M, Transfer Income: 325k,

All Records: Part 1 & 2.

Competition History: 2nd Division South - Winners 2012, Liga Vitalis - Winners 2018, 3rd 2014,2015,2017, Reserves: Group 3 - 3rd 2017, Group 2 - 2nd 2019, U19s Cup - 2nd 2018

The Players

The Squad

Current Teams Stats: This Season & Evora Career.

Goalkeepers

33. Leon van Gils - The number one sub this season, he got three games and allowed three goals with 1 Clean Sheet, pretty good really.

30. Carsten Littmann - Its hard to be the keeper when you have an average defense infront of you. It was a tough year for Littman, but he is expected to become a leading Liga Sagres Goalkeeper in the future so he should definitely be sticking around for the club. He is solid at the back when tested. 11 Clean Sheets from 35 games is stunning. Though that means the 56 goals were allowed in only 24 games.

Right Backs

63. Oier Torres - One of two Torres' in the squad, Oier is definitely the best right back in the squad, like the rest of the team it took him a while to get into form this year, but by the end of the season he was showing why I had picked him.

8. Urtzi Garitano - He had a very average season playing at DC, DR & MR, he may stick around, but he is another member of the team who really is a fringe player, if I can find better then I will and Garitano will go walking.

36. Ander Suarez Rodriguez - Dropping to the reserves for most of this season, he never even had a chance, but unlike Leao he actually made his 100th appearance for the club. Alberto Gonzalez will be hoping Tiny brings hm back next season or he will become another member of the 99 Club.

Left Backs

51. Angel Luis - He started the season as the third left back, but he stepped in during Addo's form slump and showed some real class on the left, and is starting to learn the centre back position as well.

17. Gabriele Federici - Only 3 games this season, he will leave in July sometime.

62. Benjiman Addo - The new vice captain, he had a mid season form slump which saw him dropped the the bench, but he is very good down the left side from the back. His speed, strength & Stamina lead him to being a great player.

Centre Backs

5. Alberto Fernandez Gonzalez - He is the best Central Defender we have in the club by a very very long way, but he also has bad games which leads to us getting in trouble. We need a good backline or we are not going to get anywhere near the top of the Liga Sagres.

4. Francisco Javier Sanchez - The youngster looked solid and if I cannot find any better he will be in the starting line-up for the first game next season.

3. Darko Franjic - He only had 2 games this season and was poor in both of them, I think we will be singing Hey Hey Goodbye!

6. Alessandro Sorrentino - He came in after 3 of my scouts called him a future superstar, but really he wasn't.

2. Miguel Angelo - This here was a useless decision, I brought in an older guy because I needed some experience in the back line and it backfired, he was useless.

Right Wings

47. Matteo Jehl - Of the current crop he has been around the longest, pretty much kept his spot because there is no one else around better than him willing to come to Evora, but he did end up having a solid season with 2G 8A 4MoM in his 37 games. I may just leave him in for the new year as I focus on building the defense.

Left Wings

27. Hans Winter - Solid off the bench, but no sign of the form he had in the previous season.

73. Alessandro Gabrieli - The 25 year old Italian was very good down the left wing this season, he is definitely one to watch as we head forward. Hopefully he can pick up a bit more skill and show some class in the new season.

Centre Mids

29. Abraham - The 23 year old midfielder had a poor start, but he really started to get into it come January, and the rotation with Torres & Cabezas actually helped him to become a better player. I will most likely keep these three and send my other midfielders out.

13. Carlos Perez Rojo - One game all season, Perez Rojo will leave even after all the loyal service to the club...I have 0 Player Loyalty.

25. Pablo Cabezas - He played in 34 games this season, he had some real up and down periods during the season, but he does look to have the class needed for this level and I think he is better than the 10th place finish we had.

24. Sergio Torres - The newest member of the club, the only one who joined us in January. He came into a club in trouble and played a few games late in the season, they were split evenly between MC & ST, but he was very good with an average rating very close to 7. He also became Evora's 100th player to receive a cap.

22. Nikola Markovic-Skokic - The Serbian was solid if unspectacular this season he made 27 appearances, 10 off the bench, and he got no goals or assists, but a solid 6.81 average rating. A possibility as the 4th MC.

Strikers

38. Hector Cruz - He came to the club in January of 2018, he had a great end to the season last year, but this season he just failed to fire. Given the failure of our tactic and the way everything was going he had a good season, though I was surprised to see his name on the Liga Sagres Forward of Year Shortlist.

77. Marcel Gomis - The captain and former superstar never was going to make the step-up this season, he only made two games for the club, but he did get his International Debut.

23. Antonio Russo - He only played a few games this season and this is why he is leaving in July, the huge number of strikers needs to be culled.

88. Arsenio Bernard - He spent the season on loan and had a solid one with 10 goals in 26 matches.

82. Marcos Morelli - He was brought in as a possible future star in the striking postion, but he never really settled, given that the whole club was struggling to score his 6 goals from 17 matches looks pretty good.

44. Gaetano Santangelo - One of the better players I brought in to start the new season, but with the whole team failing his stats suffered because of it. I am hoping that in the new season the communication improves and the team will start coming together by playing more games together.

1. Alessandro Guerra - The youngster has oodles of potential, but he didn't show me anything at all this season and hence spent most of the season on the bench. In the new season he will be around but I don't know if I will stick him out.

The Best of the Best

topplayers.jpg

The 100 Club

100club.jpg

Gabriele Federici 203, Jose Manuel 179, Carlos Perez Rojo 170, Matteo Jehl 169,Deigo Galiano 151, Sebastian Visentin 147, Raphael Lopes 146, Guilherme Afonso 132, Jose Maria 113, Ander Suarez Rodriguez 100.

The Awards

Liga Sagres

Goal of the Month - Feb: Marcos Morelli 2nd

Forward of the Year - Hector Cruz: Shortlist

Evora

Fans PotY: Carsten Littmann

Best XI: Littmann, O.Torres, Addo, Gonzalez, Sanchez, Jehl, Gabrieli, S.Torres, Abraham, Santangelo, Morelli.

Subs: van Gills, Markovic-Skokic, Winter, Cabezas, Cruz, Luis, Guerra.

Overall XI: Martin, Rodriguez, Silva, Franjic, Galiano, Jehl, Lopes, Leao, Manuel, Gomis, Afonso.

Subs: Saracino, Alves, Maria, Perez Rojo, Wesllem, Willian, Mauro.

Where are they now?

Evora: Rodriguez, Franjic, Jehl, Gomis, Perez Rojo.

Other Clubs Players: Martins (Nacional), Lopes (Leiria), Manuel (Leixoes), Afonso (Zamora), Saracino (Lazio).

Other Clubs Staff: M.Silva (Mgr: Sanjoanense), Leao (Sct: Unemployed).

Retired: Galiano, Alves, Maria, Wesllem, Mauro, Willian.

The Next Season

Aims

This Season

1. Avoid Relegation (Achieved)

2. Make SFs of Cup (Failed)

3. Make a Profit (Failed - Stupid Transfers)

4. Get a win over top 3 (Failed - Best Result: 0:1 vs Sporting)

The Preseason

Just a few quick notes, I have signed current Uruguayan International Jorge Fucile (Porto), and managed to steal a great 1:0 result at Upton Park, off to The Madejski Stadium for my next match.

Well I completed my mini-tour of England with the following results:

Garforth 0:8 Evora

West Ham 0:1 Evora

Reading 0:4 Evora

Crewe 1:8 Evora

So only Crewe managed to score a goal on us, and in general we did very well. I am hoping this will continue as we head back to Portugal for a home match against Trofense, away to Olhanense and then travel to Spain to face Ecija before the league season begins.

Des Tiny's Evora

Preseason Update

The Club & The New Season

For the new season we have been drawn in the League Cup group with Rio Ave & Santa Clara, both who were in the Liga Vitalis last season. A great draw for us and we should be able to advance with 6 points. We have lost Jehl for 2 months though with a hip injury, expect him back in October.

And we have topped 1000 season tickets selling 1003 for the new year.

The Friendlies

Well we had a few friendlies, and we won every single one of them comfortably.

At Garforth 8:0

At West Ham 1:0

At Reading 4:0

At Crewe 8:1

Vs Trofense 2:0

At Olhanense 3:1

At Ecija 9:0

I was most pleased with a victory over West Ham at Upton Park, originally this match was going to be against Blackburn, but they rejected so I asked West Ham and then defeated them 1:0, a great result.

The Signings

Marti Crespi - He will be adding some seriously needed experience at the back, hopefully adding him alongside Gonzalez & backed up by Sanchez we will have the Centre-Back combination that will help us out.

Theo Tsotetsi - He is clearly the future of the club, I have signed him with a look towards us getting nearer to the top. He is supposedly going to be world class at the striking position, but he is also capable of playing on both wings.

Maurice van Dommlen - He was brought in as more cover for DC, but he looks to be the least of the five centre backs I have. I would hope to keep him, but with the stretched wage budget he may go, even though his wages are low. If I can sell him for a good transfer then it will help.

Guglielmo Martinelli - He can play in the centre of the back line and in the midfield, his place is quite solid in this team, but his 1.1k wages may be a bit much for what he is going to do.

Jorge Fucile - Former Porto star, and Uruguayan International Fucile is going to be a great addition as a full back for Evora. He may not have the skills he once did, but he will be great cover for Addo & Torres at the back.

Alejandro - He has come in as cover for Jehl, but a 2 month hip injury to Jehl means he will start the season on the right wing, he will be looking to take his chances and keep the place when Jehl returns.

The Youth Project

First up we have a list of the young stars that I believe are the future of the club, and could make a step a few positions up the league, and then I have the group who are the best of my current youth team.

Alessandro Guerra - He is listed as the next Christian Vieri, I couldn't ask for more from a current bench player, but if he does become that big of a star he will clearly be in with a look at leading the team in the future.

Theo Tsotetsi - Really the definite future of the striking line, he looks to become a superstar, he is already playing for South Africa and as an unknown in the Portuguese leagues before I asked him to join us the media were hunting for clus as to how I found a star like this.

Alejandro - The future of our right wing, he has the skills now he just needs to put them into action, he will start his first game against Sporting on Sunday, be good to see what he can do.

Francisco Javier Sanchez - He already played a few games last season and looked solid, this year he will be in the line behind Crespi & Gonzalez, this is hopefully the way of the future for the centre back slot.

Pedro Lopes - He is not a star by any count, but he has a few stats that I like the look of, with a full time contract he may yet improve and make it into the starting line-up even though the coaches think otherwise.

Romeu Salgado - The youngster has some glaring weaknesses in his attributes, but I expect him to lead the U19s from the back this season. And it may just happen that he gets good enough to help us out.

Jose Filipe Areias - I would say he is the best of my current youth crop by a long way, can some fulltime work improve him at all though or will he just be another has been?

Jeronimo Rebelo - He may only be 16, but I believe he has a chance to improve so he will be another one to get a shot at some point this season. Maybe, just maybe he will improve.

Gustavo Frangao - Again he just has a few attributes in the key areas for his position, if he can improve with full time training he will definitely give us a chance.

The Possible Leavings

Marcos Morelli - Being 5th on the striking line leaves him really without much chance of a start this season, so I may have to send him out. I will only sell him for the right price though.

Nikola Markovic-Skokic - He is already on the transfer list and has received offers of about 200k + 10% profit, that is well worth it and I am going to send him somewhere, preferably not in Portugal.

some good signings there Des. Looks like the future is pretty safe if you can keep them all there.

I am seriously over the wage budget sitting 5k over it per week, I need to get that down or the following players will be leaving at the end of the season: Abraham, Gonzalez, Gabrieli & Fucile as they all have expiring contracts and I am unable to renew them.

Of course I am not too worried as 9 of my current starting XI have been signed through til 2022 or 2023. So I have a few years with a solid team building them together if I can.

Zero room, I was given no transfer budget considering I am 1.7M in debt. I managed to get an extra 1k wage budget by selling Markovic-Skokic. Hoping to trade Morelli for another 1k or so wage room, and then we will see what happens after that, a little at a time I think is the aim here. The other possibility is trading out one of my Centre backs given I now have 5 of them.

bloody hell how many different ways for pronouncing a place can there be? I'm just going to call them 'The Bridge' when it's my turn :D

Hmmm maybe this should be in the Wallace thread...but while on Pronunciation, anyone wanna have a go at the surname of my South African Starlet? I have no idea where to start.

just played our debut Serie A game at a sold out Collauto Park against Fiorentina. Finished 0-0 but we gave them a good game. Maybe there's hope yet???

reality bites. our second game, also at home but this time to Juventus sees us lose 3-0. 19 shots to 2. work still to be done me thinks!!

I will get the season preview up in the next day or so. Plenty of new players to introduce including our first seven-figure signing.................. :eek:

i'd say "so-tet-see".....

I'd agree with this Des, silent 'T' to begin with :thup:

rlips not had a proper read of the thread in a while but notice you're in Serie A now - fantastic work. I'll catch up sometime soon but good luck and well done to anyone else who has gained promotion/survived/won a trophy :thup:

Now that the final (?) patch is out, I might take part in this challenge and report my progress here. I have one quwstion though. Here is a quote from the very first post in this thread:

You may also go into 'custom' database and add 'top players' from any continent you choose.

What does it mean to add "top players"? Players from top division clubs or from top clubs? Or does it matter? The two options have quite different effect on how many player will be loaded.

I want to get my holiday going... :)

Now that the final (?) patch is out, I might take part in this challenge and report my progress here. I have one quwstion though. Here is a quote from the very first post in this thread:

What does it mean to add "top players"? Players from top division clubs or from top clubs? Or does it matter? The two options have quite different effect on how many player will be loaded.

I want to get my holiday going... :)

first off welcome and good luck. as for the top players, i believe it's players from top clubs. i think it's so that the top teams are stronger and provide tougher competition in europe once you get that far but i might be wrong.....

first off welcome and good luck. as for the top players, i believe it's players from top clubs. i think it's so that the top teams are stronger and provide tougher competition in europe once you get that far but i might be wrong.....

This was my belief on it as well :)

And thanks for the pronunciation, I was thinking that bu was not 100% sure. Now on holiday back on Sunday hopefully I can finish another season before I hit work Tuesday haha.

Razer82 – Associacao Desporitvo de Fafe – Portuguese Liga Sagres – 2018/2019

Liga Sagres – Media Prediction – 5th – Actual – 1st – Champions!

Portuguese Cup – 6th Round – Lost 3-2 to Sporting

Portuguese League Cup – Semi Final – Lost 5-4 on penalties to Benfica

Champions League – 1st Knockout Round – Lost 8-1 on agg to Liverpool

Team Stats

Transfers

Top Scorer: Oscar Cardozo (27)

Top Assists: Adrian Vaquero (24)

Starting the season with a win is always great and when Arsenal came calling for a friendly I never had thoughts of a win. A nice 2-1 result was a fantastic start to the year.

Our league form starting brilliantly, with just two defeats in our first 14 games with the rest being wins. The losses, as always, were to Benfica & Sporting. We managed to pick our form straight back up after the defeats getting back to winning ways. These continued wins were helped greatly by Benfica & Sporting dropping points in other games and heading into the final 5 games we had a slim 4 point lead.

Needing to at least match Benfica for the next few games things got off to the best start with a 3-0 away win over Porto followed by a 3-1 defeat of Portimonense. Narrow wins over Nacional de Madeira & Beira-Mar allowed us to secure our first Liga Sagres Title. The last match made the final league table look a lot closer, a 1-0 loss away to Sporting allowing Benfica to close the gap to just a single point.

The cup runs were the same as always, making the later stages of both competitions before coming up against the bigger sides. Until we’re able to get past Benfica & Sporting, I don’t see either of these cups making it into Fafe’s trophy case.

This season saw our first foray into the Champions League, we began the campaign in the Best Placed Qualifying Round 3 up against Aberdeen. A comfortable 4-0 home win set us up well to progress & we confirmed that with a 2-0 away win.

Standing between us and the group stage were Fenerbache and the tie began with a trip to Turkey. A fabulous game followed but we ended up on the wrong end of a 5-3 scoreline but the away goals let me thinking we could make it. The return leg was close but we managed to score the 2 goals we needed to bring the score to 5-5 and we were in the group stage on away goals. Time to go up against the big guns of Europe.

We were drawn into a group with Partizan Belgrade, FC Twente & Real Madrid. Knowing the we’d never be able to get past Real I would be looking to take points from the other sides. Heavy losses to Real sandwiched a win over Twente & two wins over Partizan, this left us needed just a point in the second game with Twente. A 1-1 got us what we wanted, progress to the Knockout stages. This round did not go well, after holding Liverpool to just 2 goals in the home leg, we were destroyed 6-1 at Anfield to send us out of the competition but the bonus of all the prize money didn’t leave me disappointed.

Talking of finances – it was the prize money that allowed us to make our huge profits for the year – fingers crossed that I’ll get some of that to spend on improved the squad for next season.

Benfica Watch

BenficaRecord.jpg

Seeing as I've never managed more than a draw with Benfica, I'm going to keep a track of our games against them from now on. So far it's 16 games without a win.

Oh Razer, you'll not be popular with Des.... Winning the league with Fafe!! Ha Ha.

congrats mate - great achievement. Cardozo looked a star for you.

good luck in CL next season, and go and beat Benfica!

n253915745713_7210.jpgSerie%20A%20Logo.jpg

Venezia - Seria A - Season Preview 2017-18

As mentioned previously, there has been a lot of investment this summer as I try to ensure our Serie A survival. So without further ado, I introduce the latest signings:

Transfers

Full Backs

Mick McInnes - Scottish youth star signed from Modena. Highly rated and had some good seasons for one so young. One to watch.

Diego Fernandez - Another RB, Argentine Diego was a bargain really at £230k from Olympiakos. Provides good strength in depth.

Centre Backs

Pedro Gallego - Young Spanish star signed from Barcelona. One for the future.

Jose Javier - I like my Spanish youngsters. Another with great potential.

Dmitry Yevdokimov - Ukranian Cb signed from Serie A rivals Siena for £1.6 million. Straight into the starting line up.

Ruben Dario Guarino - Italian youth international signed from Murcia. We have had a complete overhaul of defence. Provides good competition.

Wingers

Predrag Djuricic - Promising Swiss youth international to provide cover to Cannone.

Nicky Kole - fought off Inter Milan amongst others to get Nicky. Great potential

Oswaldo Valdes - Colombian import from Steaua Bucharest. Great technical ability. Competition for Camolese.

Centre Midfielders

Fernando - You guessed it, a Spanish youth prospect signed with one eye on the future.

Luca Cardarelli - Swiss Dm signed from Dinamo Kiev. Great stats, adds to the competition in midfield

Leandro Lima - Another signing from Siena, Leandro offers qualities going forward from midfield. Couldn’t turn down opportunity to sign him really.

Francisco Menendez - the £10 million pound man. Signed from Dinamo Kiev, he is great already for a young man. Massive outlay, he is the gamble for me.

Strikers

Davide Di Gennaro - Signed on a free following his release by AC Milan. I had Davide at Como on FM2008, and I couldn’t turn down the opportunity to have him again.

So as you can see there have been plenty of incomings. Obviously players had to leave to balance the books, and the main departures were Kostadinov (who had a year to run on contract and wouldn’t re sign), Alcibiade, Bartkowiak and Gangolf.

I feel this has left me a good squad on paper and if I can find a tactic to provide more stability, we may do ok. Early season has been tough with a 0-2-4 record which sees us last at the moment. We’re outclassed by the top teams but some of the other matches have been close so there is some hope.

FORZA LAGUNARI!!!

lol I won the League once...was a struggle though, and had a great season to do it. Congrats Razer on the win, glad to see someone else leading the way with AD Fafe :)

how could i forget..... love the comment Razer!! :D

FC_Libourne_Saint-Seurin_L_Isle-log.gif

FC Libourne-Saint-Seurin, 2027-28, Ligue 1

League Position - 12th: Past Positions

Squad

Transfers

Summary

Transfer-wise in pre-season I sold Hamidovic to Bayern for 3.4M, so I needed to bring in a new striker. Da Silva was signed for a record deal at 8.25M, he had a good record for Feyenoord and looked good. However he was shocking and scored only 3 goals all season, if he doesn't score a lot of goals next season he will have been a massive waste of money. Sebastian Diaz was signed as rotational cover from Eflsborg for just over 2M. Anthony Rouault who's a fantastic central midfield prospect, was signed for 500K from feeder club Montpellier. Defender Jesper Jensen was signed for 2.3M from Shakhtar to replace out going left back Cezar. Another defender Stephen Crompton was signed in January to replace Lacroix who left for Chelsea at a record price of 10.75M.

In our first season in European football we did extremely well in the EURO Cup, only narrowly missing out on the final. This is a results tree showing the later stages. The long European run had a big effect on our league campaign, with a small squad we picked up a lot of injuries and our league results sufffered because of this. Elsewhere we only reached the 9th round of the French Cup, we were runners up in the Coupe de la Ligue for the second year in a row. At the beginning of the season we won the Champions Trophy against Stade Malherbe Caen in a close 1-0 final.

Onze de départ

GK: Josip Grnja, 28, Croatia- Out of all the players Grnja was the one who probably suffered the most from the extended European run, playing in a total of 61 games. He did well though.

DR: Moustapha Fofana, 27, Ivory Coast - He didn't have an amazing season but he's still the best DR at the club.

DL: Jesper Jensen, 28, Denmark - He replaced Brazilian Cezar and did a reasonable job at left back.

DC: Vladimir Stokic, 25, Bosnia & Herz. - He gave up on ever getting capped for Serbia and decided to accept a call up from his other nation, something I didn't have any idea about. He did a decent job in defence.

DC: Stephen Crompton, 22, England - The Englishman replaced Lacroix in defence and did an okay job, hopefully he can settle and do better next season.

MR: Jérôme Hebert, 26, France - An exceptionally good season for Hebert, scoring 12 and assisting 9.

ML: Stephen Sharp, 23, Scotland - A good season for the young left winger.

MC: Martin Leitner, 26, Austria - He was one of the best passers in the League again this year, he also managed to achieve a bit more attackingly.

MC: Matthieu Causse, 31, France - Causse was the leading central midfield player yet again this season and continued to do well.

ST: Da Silva, 26, Brazil - It's unbelievable that he only managed to score 3 goals. He's got the ability to score 20 or so a season like he did in the Dutch league, I expect a massive improvement next season.

ST: Razvan Ionica, 30, Romania - Razvan continued his good return rate, scoring 28 in 46 starts.

-

Official Fans Player of the Year - Razvan Ionica

Unofficial Young Player of the Year - Anthony Rouault

Career Overview

Season     League   Position   Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  National    4th       None
2011/12  National    5th       None
2012/13  National    7th       None
2013/14  National    2nd       Promoted 
2014/15  Ligue 2    18th       Relegated
2015/16  National    3rd       Promotion
2016/17  Ligue 2    13th       None
2017/18  Ligue 2    12th       None
2018/19  Ligue 2     7th       None
2019/20  Ligue 2     6th       None
2020/21  Ligue 2     1st       Promoted as Champions
2021/22  Ligue 1     18th      Relegated
2022/23  Ligue 2     1st       Promoted as Champions
2023/24  Ligue 1     13th      None
2024/25  Ligue 1     15th      None
2025/26  Ligue 1     7th       None
2026/27  Ligue 1     6th       French Cup winners
2027/28  Ligue 1     12th      Champions Trophy winners

[b][size=3][u]Trophies won:[/u][/size]
[/b]
Ligue 2          (x2) - 2020/21 & 2022/23
French Cup       (x1) - 2026/27
Champions Trophy (x1) - 2027/28

unlucky season in the league Paul. Europe really affected you by the looks of it. hopefully you can get back on track next season. Da Silva looks a lot better than his 3 goals. hopefully he finds his scoring boots next season.

OK boys and girls.

Perhaps one could call it a quirk, but I like to manage teams that are from places that have at least some redeeming qualities. I actually look at wikipedia and search the net for info and pictures of cities and towns before I decide which team I want to manage. So, as I chose Italy to be my destination in this challenge, I reloaded the save a couple of times to see which are the most likely clubs to be promoted to C2. After contemplating the likes of Pisa and Venezia, I took over at Casertana.

A somewhat less well known, at least for me, town of Caserta is located in the southern region of Campania about 20 miles north and inland from the coastal city of Naples. Speaking of redeeming qualities, Caserta has been characterized as a sort of Italian Versailles, as this is where Reggia di Caserta, the Caserta Royal Palace, is located. One of the largest buildings erected in Europe during the 18th century, the palace has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site and has been described as "the swan song of the spectacular art of the Baroque". Now this would be a great place to hold a party in celebration of Scudetto! ;)

The football club Casertana, the "Falchetti", was founded back in 1908 and boasts adequate training facilities, minimal youth facilities and no corporate facilities. What is good about the stadium, Alberto Pinto, is that it is fairly large with a capacity of 12000 - there should not be any urgent needs for expansions or new stadia even after a couple of promotions. Though the club have been playing at a level as high as Serie B (1970-71 & 1991-92), they have not been in professional leagues since 1997. For this reason there cannot be a better time for a young and ambitious manager to lead the club to glory and make the fans and the whole town proud. :cool:

Meet and greet the new manager:

My name is Borghese, Renzo Borghese.

The simple plan:

1. Promotion to Serie B as quickly as possible

2. Consolidate position in Serie B

3. Promotion to Serie A

4. Consolidate position in Serie A

5. Become numero uno team in Campania (assuming they are in Serie A - beat Napoli)

6. Challenge for the European qualification places/Scudetto

7. Win Serie A and European Cups

welcome duccio - welcome to the challenge. like your style in picking clubs - i try to pick along similar styles (most of my recent teams tend to have played by water (Como, Real Oviedo, Venezia....) purely a coincidence!!

looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Serie A is a nightmare!!! we've played about a dozen games and have still to record a win. We're bottom and in desperate trouble even at this early stage.... Need to find the winning formula.... and soon.

Archived