The Scottish Pyramid, Platinum Edition

Cadijk van Kaarhandel

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Southern Championship: Albion Rovers, Annan Athletic, Arthurlie, Auchinleck Talbot, Berwick Rangers, Civil Service Strollers, Dalbeattie Star, East Stirlingshire, Edinburgh City, Irvine Meadow, Kirkintilloch Rob Roy, Livingston, Petershill, Pollok, Queen's Park, Spartans, Stranraer, Threave Rovers

I've just noticed that teams playing away always seem to use their away strip even if they don't clash. Now, has FM always been like this, is it just this mod or was there a new RL rule I missed or what? Old Firm games just look a bit strange when the familiiar home strips aren't used. I'm perfectly willing to be accused of being blind. I'm just curious.

I must say good work on this. I've been playing as Rangers and I've been enjoying it. Celtic have already lost a couple of away games and Hibs have held me to a draw at Ibrox. Previously these results were almost throwaway yet with only two games against each other they seem a bit more important. Also, the graphics are good too!

I've just noticed that teams playing away always seem to use their away strip even if they don't clash. Now, has FM always been like this, is it just this mod or was there a new RL rule I missed or what? Old Firm games just look a bit strange when the familiiar home strips aren't used. I'm perfectly willing to be accused of being blind. I'm just curious.

Strange, haven't seen that at all in my game.

Been playing with your update for a couple of days but have a slight problem. I'm getting the following error 'Couldnt open match to write down data'. As soon as I hit ok the game just continues like nothing has happened. Any idea what causes this problem?

okay, i have a question.

I've been playing the update as celtic, and i am in mid december. I was playing away, and noticed i was playing a scottish 1st round match against kilmarnock, and there was only like 16 fixtures in the first round, then when the draw came for the second round, there was heaps of teams from all the leagues, my question is, why are the big teams in a round before everyone else is? My fixture list is chaotic enough as it is, with europa league, Hbos Super Cup, League and now i had to start from the start in the scottish cup.

Is this meant or is this accidental?

I dont think the game file is corrupt because as soon as I click ok I can continue on to the next game.

Edit. Just had a further thought about this. I defragged my hard drive this morning. Do you think this has made a difference.

check your preferences, you must have the games moved for tv settings ticked.

Cadijk are you planning to update the file if indeed this scottish cup error is true? kinda takes away the realism.

p.s. i recommed starting the super cup a week or ten days earlier, i did it on mine and it gets a few games played before the season starts, and considering your coming up against weaker teams (if in spl1) it does help the fixture list as well as giving good pre-season games.

no worries i will have a look as well, the super cup was simple enough just to change the dates, i could send you that through at some point if you would like? Think you have done enough work!

I also noticed that the league fixtures are set at a low priority, should this be higher? i dont actually know what this means. Anyone else clear this up?

i could send you that through at some point if you would like?

Aye, cool, save me doing it :thup:

I also noticed that the league fixtures are set at a low priority, should this be higher? i dont actually know what this means. Anyone else clear this up?

Yeah, and its not right.

I'd a Super Cup game scheduled but then got a Euro game same midweek.

So the Euro takes that spot and the Super Cup is moved. But the Super Cup has higher priority than the SPL, so the Super Cup goes to the nearest Saturday and the SPL game - originally scheduled for that Saturday - is pushed out to a later midweek.

Should be the other way round obv.

I've had a bash at this is, fantastic mod mate, great stuff! My feedback was pretty much the same as Kilmarnock's, would be better if the group games were eariler on, and maybe even put the knockouts to just single games with no replays.

Only one wee thing I noticed is I can no longer give pro contracts to 16 year olds, seems to be 17 now for contracts. That something you're able to change back?

I've had a bash at this is, fantastic mod mate, great stuff!

My feedback was pretty much the same as Kilmarnock's, would be better if the group games were eariler on, and maybe even put the knockouts to just single games with no replays.

Only one wee thing I noticed is I can no longer give pro contracts to 16 year olds, seems to be 17 now for contracts. That something you're able to change back?

Yeah I will move the Super Cup earlier and I'll make the league fixtures take priority over them in case of a shift.

Contracts, I'm not sure I can adjust that age limit, can't remember seeing an option but i'll look again.

* Moved start of Super Cup, 10 days earlier

* Change Super Cup knock-out rounds (all now 1-leg instead of 2)

* Changed SPL1 and SPL2 fixture priority to Domestic League High (was domestic league low)

* Minor comp name changes (e.g. Highland Spring Scottish Cup instead of Active Nation)

Version 6, Zippyshare

Version 6, Zippyshare Mirror

Version 6, Rapidshare

* Moved start of Super Cup, 10 days earlier

* Change Super Cup knock-out rounds (all now 1-leg instead of 2)

* Changed SPL1 and SPL2 fixture priority to Domestic League High (was domestic league low)

* Minor comp name changes (e.g. Highland Spring Scottish Cup instead of Active Nation)

Version 6, Zippyshare

Version 6, Zippyshare Mirror

Version 6, Rapidshare

is there anyway to change comp priority now? in game?

I don't know if i can do anything with the Scottish Cup. I'll take a look over the weekend at some point. I just stuck my B/Youth players in but it'd be better if we just entered at R3 or 4.

Good thinking on the Super Cup. It gets a bit crowded for teams with Euro games as well. I'll do this over the weekend too.

The editor adds teams in the order of their listing, i.e. if you add SPL at the top of the list, those teams enter first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmontheloknow

The editor adds teams in the order of their listing, i.e. if you add SPL at the top of the list, those teams enter first.

Cheers, I did swap them around in the hope that that might do it so should be fixed now.

this included in the latest version? updated yest yeah?

Just completed my first season as Queen Of South using version 5 so thought I would post a wee update.

On the bugs front,didnt experience the bug where you always play in the away strip away from home. What a enjoyable database. Loads of fun to play.

Guided QOS to the SPL2 trophy and promotion. Didnt fair very well in the cups though. Both the super cup and the scottish cup where won by Rangers.

Funny thing happened in SPL1....

1. Celtic 73 points

2. Hearts 62 points

3. Dundee Utd 60 points

4. Rangers 56 points

14. Inverness CT 30 points

15. Dunfermline 28 points

16. Partick Thistle 21 points

SPL2

1. Queen Of South 68 points

2. Airdrie Utd 64 points

4. Stirling 57 points (won playoff)

13. Cowdenbeath 28 points

14. Alloa 27 points

15. Dumbarton 27 points

16. Stenhousemuir 18 points

Top 2 division pretty competitive, Rangers finished 4th!!!

I can provide lower divisions or screenshots if anyone wants them.

Great db... cheers Cadijk

will download this mate having just noticed it :cool:

I have Super Blades one doing a save on that but your hard work has made me go for a scottish career aswell :cool:

EDIT: How do I get the database as it just comes up with the XML file or if thats right where do I put the XML file

Archived