FM10: Official Liverpool thread - Home of El Niño

weeeman27bob

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People dont give Lucas enough credit imo.

Hes done fantasticfor me as backup to Masch for when the inevitable happens and hes gets a red....then the FA give him an extra 2 games ban. Lucas has also done well playing alongside masch in midfield when Aquilanis out/playing crap . Scored 4 important goals including winners against the blues and man utd.

Its a shame its so easy to sell him for 9-10 mill , hes a good solid player :(

I agree Lucas is great in the game he scored some goals ive solid him in my 2nd season.

Thanks for the suggestions guys :thup:

Just started the 2nd season, did well in the pre-season and doing great in Premier first matches (4th Round and we're top).

July signings OUT:

N'Gog £3.5M

Kyrgiakos £1M

Riera £10M

Fábio Aurélio £2.3M

Aquilani (Loan Fee) £5M with option to buy for £15M

Agger £15M

Cavalieri £4M

Benayoun £5M

Note: I know most values are :thdn: but they were the higher I've got in this start of 2nd season.

July Signings IN:

Zapata £14M

Corluka £13.5M

Miguel Veloso £14.5M

Cazorla £19.5M

Dzeko £19.5M

Adam Smith, Robbie Fowler, Adam Hammill, Scott Loach £5M (only signed those players cause of Home-Grown Status)

Now the window is over and I've got some good players, I feel the squad is ready for the Champions League title. Elsewhere we still got £20M and January window...

Champions League Group drawn: Liverpool, Fenerbahçe, Red Star and Inter (AGAIN!)

Oh almost forgot! We won Community Shield against United 1x0 at Wembley! :)

Has anyone managed to get Aquilani fit?

Came back from first injury, first appearance as a sub, 3-4 weeks injury.

Came back from second injury, decided to start him, 5-6 week injury.

Yeh I'm starting to get him fit now. As he was coming back I made him available for the reserves until match fit, then when he was 86% match fit, brought him on for the first team for last 5mins. Then game after that, 15mins. Then a half. And now his fitness is getting there.

I'm quite happy to say that i got the August boss award.It's been pretty easy so far to get my job done.

It was a problematic game against Everton because of Cahill and Jo who ahve been terrorising my defence for the whole 90 minutes but nothing extremely difficult to cope with.

And of course the two ridiculous red cards Steve Benett showed to Kyrgiakos and Jamie against Wolves.

transfersliverpool1.jpg

Anyway..

Four games played - twelve points archieved.

transfersliverpool1.jpg

:thup:

Was thinking of starting a game with Liverpool. I see that by selling players you can raise plenty of cash. With this do you reckon you will be able to sign:

Chivu or Chillini

David Silva

Hulk

Di Rossi

Mexes

How much have you guys been able to buy these for if you have bought these players

I have seen some people pick Di Rossi up for 25m where as others can't get him for £35m like in the demo.

You could get Chivu in the demo for £17m but now I see some people having to pay upto £36m.

ill today so the day's to be spent playing football manager :)

Here were my final trasnsfers:

Ins:

Kaladze (Loan fee 550k)

Milanetto (Loan fee 525k)

Areola (100k)

Cristaldo (1.1m)

Pires (Loan fee 500k)

Silviu Lung Jr (625k)

Anthony Annan (2.5m)

Koke (Free)

Diego Esposito (75k)

Keko (Free)

Out:

Dossena 5.75m

Cavalieri 2.7m

Lucas 9.5m

Plessis 800k

Just played arsenal in league cup at home expecting them to play youth so i put torres on bench, and rested carragher and mascherano, to find out they had picked a first team side. We were 2-0 down at half time, so i brought on babel and torres for riera and voronin, then torres took it past 2 and played it for gerrard who made it 2-1. Then gerrard got a knock, so I brought him off for Jonathan Cristaldo, and changed to a 4-4-2. Then Johnson crossed it in for Cristaldo who equalised, with his first goal for the club. Then torres crossed it in foer Cristaldo, who made no mistake, 3-2 up now. Then Cristaldo was fouled in the box, and he converted thje penalty for his hattrick :D And then Milanetto (33 year old I got on loan) scored a free kick, making the score 5-2!

How the old Loanees have done:

Kakha Kaladze (Loan fee 550k): Played 6 with an average of 6.80, has done a decent job filling in whilst agger and skrtel are injured.

Omar Milanetto (Loan Fee 525k): Played 5 (1) 3 assists and a goal. He has been sensational really considering his age and the fact he's on loan. Has formed a great partnership with mascherano, reminding me a little of the Alonso-Masch partnership, I recommend him to anyone for the first season on loan, really plays a good role.

Robnert Pires (Loan Fee 500k): True, he isn't able to play for the full 90 minutes, but still the 35 year old has done a very good job back in England, playing 4 (2) with 3 goals and 2 assists. I do recommend him as well on loan, as the wingers aren't great at liverpool, and he so far has played well when called upon along with benayoun. Kuyt, Babel and Riera haven't shone yet, and I doubt they will.

Was thinking of starting a game with Liverpool. I see that by selling players you can raise plenty of cash. With this do you reckon you will be able to sign:

Chivu or Chillini

David Silva

Hulk

Di Rossi

Mexes

How much have you guys been able to buy these for if you have bought these players

I have seen some people pick Di Rossi up for 25m where as others can't get him for £35m like in the demo.

You could get Chivu in the demo for £17m but now I see some people having to pay upto £36m.

The only thing i can help you with is;

Silva - 5M upfront - 20M over 48months

I know you didn't mention him but you can get Giuseppe Rossi for 18M and he's boss on it! Although i never actually got him United did :(

started a new game last night, had done 2 quick games since friday to see what players could be bought and trying to sort out a formation. just at the start of august now, not finding the money a problem at all. have sold Cavellieri, babel, dossena, aurelio, degen, voronin, pacheco and selling Reira and Kuyt and Ngog, got a bid accepted from Udinese of Kuyt and ngog for Sanchez so waiting on contracts to be agreed, really hoping that one goes through as i had a bid for Young accepted of Kuyt and 2.5m and Dirk couldn;t agree terms. have 2 bids of 9m for Reira A madrid and Udinese again.

have already brought in a number of players

Enyenyma GK for 220k

Jorgensen

otamendi

Mattock Ln option to buy

Veloso

Martinez

Di Maria

Aquino

Salvio

Cristaldo Ln option to buy

overall balance at the club is still over the 50m mark so i reckon once you start every season with that you should be safe especailly as our new sponsorship deal kicks in next summer.

Glenn - Well I play with old tactic style with arrows, and just leave him alone at RB and has gone forward well and done a good job defensively so far. He's played 10, got an assist and has an average of 7.20.

MH2K - Cheers :D How's Fowler done for you anyhow? I assume he's a good tutor or youth as well?

I just got best result so far in my file, beating Inter Milan 1-0 away, true they had 10 men for half of the game, but I was still delighted to take 3 points away from the game.

glenn - I just have him as fullback - automatic, him and Insua are always running down the wings creating stuff.

Started playing my ST as a Trequartista - Torres is banging in the goals and Lukaku comes off and always bangs one in.

Adam C - I'm guna snap him up in January or next season.. Hopefully i can get him to tutor a young english lad and make him into a new GOD.

Who should be my playmaker: Gerrard or Silva?

What target man instructions works best? Mixed, Head, Feet, Run onto Ball?

Glenn - Well I play with old tactic style with arrows, and just leave him alone at RB and has gone forward well and done a good job defensively so far. He's played 10, got an assist and has an average of 7.20.

MH2K - Cheers :D How's Fowler done for you anyhow? I assume he's a good tutor or youth as well?

I just got best result so far in my file, beating Inter Milan 1-0 away, true they had 10 men for half of the game, but I was still delighted to take 3 points away from the game.

hi lads,

i couldnt get otamendi for anything less than 7mill so i chickened out. dont know how you got him for 2.7mill. i negotiated over and over with them and couldnt get it down. pity. in the end i decided against signing a centre back.

i did get di maria for 5mill, which i thinks an absolute steal. looks like a quality player and he's only 21.

i took a 1.5mill gamble on Gai Assulin of Barcelona. He can play wide left and right and the money was small so i thought he would be worth the risk to have the cover. sold benayoun, babel so bit worried about injuries through the season.

my initial 2-0 win over everton was followed by a 2-2 draw with a crouch-inspired spurs (not convinced we should have sold him IRL) and then a 3-0 away win over fulham, without suspended gerrard. van der vaart played well at AMC in place of Gerrard.

Bit unconvinced about Riera (as i am IRL) but will give him a chance at AML. Kuyt is playing well at AMR though. Mascherano and Lucas holding the middle of the field and Torres up front.

Reina is injured. Had the problem of him wanting a new challenge at the very start but i told him i wanted him to stay to take liverpool to the next level, blah blah and he changed his mind. Back four is Insua, the big Greek (cant spell his name), Carra and Johnson.

The bench is weak at the moment, with a few injuries. Have Pacheco and Dalle Valla as my attacking options. Hoping to give Dalle Valla some game time to see if he progresses at all. Seems to score goals when i play friendlies and he's great in Fifa 10 on the Xbox! ;) haha!

anyway, enjoying the game. hope the good start keeps up.

It's nice to see Michael Owen hasn't played one game for United on mine, He's sat on the bench in the reserves.

Only problem is that they're still top of the league 2 points ahead of me :(

Alright matt,

Well dunno what happened there with Otamendi just keep your eyes on him as he's become my first choice CB with Carra ahead of Agger and Skrtel.

Di Maria is a great signing, get him to train attacking mid right aswell so he can play either side.

Gai Assulin may be a good signing, young and versitile so i think you got a good player there.

Reina's been a idiot since day one - in November and he's still miserable - Need a 20M bid, 15M and Asenjo, 10M and Akinfeev :p one of them three.

Yeah i try to play kids when i get the chance - you get the likes of Koke, Keko, Lukaku there boss kids.

glenn - I just have him as fullback - automatic, him and Insua are always running down the wings creating stuff.

Started playing my ST as a Trequartista - Torres is banging in the goals and Lukaku comes off and always bangs one in.

Adam C - I'm guna snap him up in January or next season.. Hopefully i can get him to tutor a young english lad and make him into a new GOD.

Who should be my playmaker: Gerrard or Silva?

Personally, I'd go for Gerrard as your playmaker. Simply because I think a playmaker should be in the middle of the field dictating and not out on a wing (where i'd have silva).

I have made gerrard the primary playmaker but I have Lucas sitting in centre midfield beside Mascherano. Lucas' setting is deep lying playmaker and it seems to work well. Mascherano plays defensive midfielder.

I got the backroom advice saying Torres played best as a target man with ball to feet. But i can't help but think he would be better running onto through balls from the midfield. I'm not sure how i'd set it up. But I think i'll primarily have him as target man, ball to feet, and set up another very similar formation, maybe a little more defensive with him looking to get onto the end of through balls. thinking that may be a better approach for games against the big sides - thinking about his goal against scum utd last weekend when he got on the end of benayouns through ball...

just thinking.

Alright matt,

Well dunno what happened there with Otamendi just keep your eyes on him as he's become my first choice CB with Carra ahead of Agger and Skrtel.

Di Maria is a great signing, get him to train attacking mid right aswell so he can play either side.

Gai Assulin may be a good signing, young and versitile so i think you got a good player there.

Reina's been a idiot since day one - in November and he's still miserable - Need a 20M bid, 15M and Asenjo, 10M and Akinfeev :p one of them three.

Yeah i try to play kids when i get the chance - you get the likes of Koke, Keko, Lukaku there boss kids.

yeah i landed koke and keko (is it not weird that theyre names are anagrams of each other??) but missed out on lukaku to bayern. didnt take mattock either but may go back for him in the future.

i think you'll be lucky to get 10mill PLUS akinfeev for Reina. you could offer a straight swap but what are the chances of Reina wanting to go to Russia??? ;)

Has anyone managed to get Aquilani fit?

Came back from first injury, first appearance as a sub, 3-4 weeks injury.

Came back from second injury, decided to start him, 5-6 week injury.

He plays regular for me, i am in the January transfer window of the first season. i have noticed that during a game his condition does drop quicker than most peoples but i dont tend to play him for the full 90 minutes anyway.

I play 4-2-3-1 .. Silva just behind Nando - with Di Maria and Salvio on the wings. Then Gerrard and Masch in the centre. the only only CM i have is Aquilani and i have no confidence in him yet as he hasn't performed well.

Think what i'll do is take your advice put Silva on the wing with De Maria, Have Gerrard playing behind Nando as playmaker.

VDV and Masch in the CM and look to get another player to cover both.

And try the Torres ball to feet see how it goes but with his pace he would be good at running onto balls aswell so as you said switch it around depending on the other teams formation.

Yeah wishful thinking about the Akinfeev bid - tbh i'd rather keep Reina as he's one of the best keepers on the game i'm hoping if i win the League or Champions League in my first season he may change his mind and stay i try to praise him as much as i can when he gets clean sheets aswell.

I'm pleased that Insua has established himself well in the first team although interest from other clubs is starting to happen but guna keep him as theres something about him i really like.

Morning everyone

Wow just won manager of the month 2 months in row im in october 7pts clear on top.

Same here but then had a few bad results since

Thanks for the suggestions guys

Just started the 2nd season, did well in the pre-season and doing great in Premier first matches (4th Round and we're top).

July signings OUT:

N'Gog £3.5M

Kyrgiakos £1M

Riera £10M

Fábio Aurélio £2.3M

Aquilani (Loan Fee) £5M with option to buy for £15M

Agger £15M

Cavalieri £4M

Benayoun £5M

Note: I know most values are :thdn: but they were the higher I've got in this start of 2nd season.

July Signings IN:

Zapata £14M

Corluka £13.5M

Miguel Veloso £14.5M

Cazorla £19.5M

Dzeko £19.5M

Adam Smith, Robbie Fowler, Adam Hammill, Scott Loach £5M (only signed those players cause of Home-Grown Status)

Now the window is over and I've got some good players, I feel the squad is ready for the Champions League title. Elsewhere we still got £20M and January window...

Champions League Group drawn: Liverpool, Fenerbahçe, Red Star and Inter (AGAIN!)

Oh almost forgot! We won Community Shield against United 1x0 at Wembley!

Some nice Ins there mate

Yeh I'm starting to get him fit now. As he was coming back I made him available for the reserves until match fit, then when he was 86% match fit, brought him on for the first team for last 5mins. Then game after that, 15mins. Then a half. And now his fitness is getting there.

I done the same and hes been ok

Question with Glen Johnson what settings do we use for him is attacking the best way for his duty ? btw i just drew 1-1 with Man utd with Gerrard scoring a pen with 4 mins left.

I have my LB as automatice but have Johnson as Attacking

Who should be my playmaker: Gerrard or Silva?Gerrard

if for Torres ball on to feet is working great for me

i was thinking about setting up training schedules for specific players. anyone ever done this? could be very time consuming and tedious but think it may work out long term.

was thinking along the lines of... players who are established but are quite slow, giving them more aerobic training than other players. or players with poor stamina, giving them more strength training than other players. any thoughts?

lfc7 - Cheers 2 opinions is enough so Gerrard is playmaker and Nando is target man with ball to feet.

Lukaku is making his first start today against Portsmouth he's done well coming off the bench through out the season and feel he deserves his first start against the team bottom of the league.

Training schedules would be good to do if you have the time, would be good to get players pace and fitness up, personally we're playing well atm so i don't want to change things to much on mine but would be a good idea to do.

lfc7 - Cheers 2 opinions is enough so Gerrard is playmaker and Nando is target man with ball to feet.

Lukaku is making his first start today against Portsmouth he's done well coming off the bench through out the season and feel he deserves his first start against the team bottom of the league.

Training schedules would be good to do if you have the time, would be good to get players pace and fitness up, personally we're playing well atm so i don't want to change things to much on mine but would be a good idea to do.

Silva has opened the scoring vs Pompy, Lukaku came close just before half time. It's INNNNN LUKAKU scores! :D

Haha get in there Lukaku lad wish i could play him more on my save when you play him do you have him on different instructions to Torres?

:( .. Well everyone raves about Lucas i personally can't stand him so i had to sell him and he's yet to play for Chelsea so what a waste of money they spent.

Lukaku played the full 90mins vs Portsmouth got on the scoresheet along with Silva getting 2 and Gerrard getting the 4th - 4-0 final score and Lukaku is a legend already - youngest player to play and score in the Premiership :D

ive stacks of time at the moment haha! broke up with the girlfriend at the weekend... cause FM came out on Friday... joking!!!

Well i've just played him them with Nando on the bench - had him playing the same as Torres - Target Man, ball to feet, and he's playing as Trequartista.

As my only back-up ST he gets to play quite abit and he knows how to find the goal - Kuyt has hardly played all season apart from the odd occasion on the wing.

Tbh i'm surprised my girlfriend hasn't left me, we live together and all i've done since friday is sit on the computer chatting away on here and playing FM.

Be back shortly guys just going to get some shopping. :(

Well i've just played him them with Nando on the bench - had him playing the same as Torres - Target Man, ball to feet, and he's playing as Trequartista.

As my only back-up ST he gets to play quite abit and he knows how to find the goal - Kuyt has hardly played all season apart from the odd occasion on the wing.

Tbh i'm surprised my girlfriend hasn't left me, we live together and all i've done since friday is sit on the computer chatting away on here and playing FM.

haha! well, i was working from home on friday with a hangover and very tired. she took the day off and was sitting on my laptop while i was waiting to install FM.... its just not on! haha! i was on my work laptop. really i should have swapped with her. but im better off single for the next few months! haha! i can tell this game is going to suck me in more than last year. for some reason it didnt just do it for me. didnt complete a season with any team which is very unusual. i normally end up 14/15 season into a saved game. love that!! if i can last that long with no money at Liverpool ill be doing well haha! but come 2020, the debt is gone!! ha

Argh about the first 14 games in all competitons undefeated (wins against Chelsea away and Arsenal and Man U at home) then lost to Bolton and since then my form has been up and down its annoying

Ive never made my own tactics ever as i was a load of ***** but because of the tactics creator am making my own for the 1st time so will see how i get on

Here is my results since the Boton game

resultsw.jpg

Even though i lost at Shakhtar ive qualified with 1 game to go so the final game against panathinaikos away and going to play Lukaku :D

Be back shortly guys just going to get some shopping. :(

Enjoy your shopping :D

I can kiss the league goodbye just lost @ home to Wolves :( .

Unlucky mate keep going

worrying times in the league, lost at home to chelsea, largely due to Gerrard being sent off after 18 minutes... So we're 6th, not as bad as it sounds, we're only 1 off 3rd placed Spurs, but the title race looks to be between man utd and chelsea, with Chelsea top, 6 pts ahead of man utd, but Man utd have 2 games in hand. League form must improve.

Had Gerrard tutoring Adam Pepper and have him on Tugs training schedule and he coming along alright his determination has gone to 20 cant remeber what it starts on but last time i looked it was on 18

he could turn out ok as he has a

-9PA

peppery.jpg

Had Gerrard tutoring Adam Pepper and have him on Tugs training schedule and he coming along alright his determination has gone to 20 cant remeber what it starts on but last time i looked it was on 18

he could turn out ok as he has a

-9PA

hope im not asking a stupid question but whats Tugs training schedule?

matt

this is my last week in my job and then ive a week off before starting new one. expect me to be on this thread at least(!!!) 12 hours a day next week!! ;)

Haha the job i do is based on a 5wk rota and on average there is 35 days in 5 wks so i normally work 14 and have 21 off(10 of which are in a row) but i dont get as much FM time as i'd like as i have 2 children and a wife to be so most of my time is occupied with my family

Shopping was great o the joy of waiting ages just to buy a basket full.

I had a great start to the season beating Villa 4-0 then Wolves 2-0 since then i'm had goals, goals and more goals..

ResultsonFM10.jpg

I'm pleased with the run of results but I think the only way i'll win the league is by beating United home and away as they seem un-stopable atm :(

lfc7 - I have my girlfriend and son and they both know what comes first -anything related to Football :p .. just try not to tell them that :cool:

Kyrgiakos is unhappy with lack of first team action - I'm sorry that Carra, Otamendi, Agger and Skrtel are just ahead of you in the pecking order. Think it's time to let him go, shame cause he has decent stats and is a good solid CB on the game but no match for the other 4.

MH2k Haha

Am really getting in to the tactic side of things am just trying to learn as i go along some things are working out some arent ill be more chuiffed if i win a trophy with my own tactics than someone elses but we will se what happens

Archived