All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Currently in the game record is 5 points by Reipas (1980), real record holder is Ekenäs IF 0 points (1933) Fewest wins record is also held by Ekenäs IF 0 wins (1933) https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jalkapallon_A-sarjan_kausi_1933
  3. Completely agree. That's the challenge. I know Youth Only makes it harder, but I've really struggled to field 6 centre-backs, (3 in the 1st Team and 3 more in the 2nd Team), all the way through this save. I don't think I've managed it at any point. Add in that ideally you also want at least 1 big midfielder and 1 big striker and it becomes far more problematic. I look at Rangers with envy at the moment with all their giants.
  4. December update (2024-25 season) Things are not quite going to plan at Aston Villa. We are fighting relegation in the league and we are 17th. We have been knocked out of the Carabao Cup by Tottenham and we are still in the Europa League and the FA Cup. The board has called us in for a meeting. Hopefully we don't get the sack too soon.
  5. If you go to check the european points from clubs and put a certain nation as a filter the table is empty. I was waiting a little before posting this post just to make sure that the game isn't loading something. You can check in the screenshots below. (Nations and some other words are on Greek because I switch language just to take these screenshots) WITHOUT FILTER With Filter Thanks
  6. Sounds like a great save... plenty of success but still work to do to keep the interest alive
  7. @knap Any updates or retest for the SLOEGIN tactics 4-4-2 with two VOL and IW or W? :D
  8. Generally slow tempo football is very suitable to world-class teams that have elite players who have great mental technical and mental attributes to pass the ball around and keep it away from opposition. Teams like Bayern or Man City. If your team is not like that in FM24 then playing slow tempo possession style is always going to put you at a disadvantage.
  9. Today
  10. I know, but 2023 is the default setup in the game, I mean look at the last update, they even clarified they're not doing 2024 updates/transfers in calendar-year leagues like this. From past experience trying to make these kinds of updates for the NEXT season (2024 in this case) results in MLS and the lower leagues being a weird hybrid of 2023/2024. Even if we updated all the clubs and rosters we'd likely miss something, and would have to cut, like, the pro guys from Flower City (who won the title IRL) so the club can move to USL2. Alternately trying to make the clubs move themselves after one season would throw up issues like that, especially teams like Flower City going from pro to semi-pro. Plus, it's like these changes happened because of things that happened IRL, like at some point during the course of 2023 an unsuccessful organization decided to leave, or a new team decided to join. These events aren't necessarily happening in FM-world which starts with the 2023 line-ups in early 2023. Also I'm lazy and already did all the work on scheduling and formats
  11. Sunday 17th August 2031 Viking (1st) v Tromsø (8th) Eliteserien -- -- -- I was hoping we could get away without using Lasse Nordås today as he's still not fully fit after a twisted knee. But the longer the second half went on at 0-0 I started to think that we were going to need Lasse and so it proved. I sent Lasse on after 55 minutes and he headed in the only goal of the game after 74 minutes. I'm not sure what it means that Lasse Nordås only played 35 plus minutes and was named Player of the Match but I don't really care. All that matters is we found a way to win the match and take the three points. Yes, we had to be patient as the goal didn't come until the 74th minute. To be fair, we'd created enough chances to win the match comfortably but we failed to hit the target with regularity. I lost count of the number of headers that landed on the roof of the net. We've been looking to put Low Crosses in for the last few matches but I may ask the players to go back to Mixed Crosses - one for me to ponder on. -- -- Evening Results
  12. I reckon my team is the opposite of this idea, you could almost have a team of players under 5'9". midfielders and even strikers 6" or over seem to be in short supply.
  13. Just uploaded a file called "Andrés Óskarsson - Ægir 38" Player Luis Arroyo currently has an issue and wants to discuss it. Select the option that is in the top row furthest to the right, he will not be convinced. Then select the "I can see i'm not going to convince you, will a pay raise tempt you to stay?", that's when the bug appears.
  14. I have managed to fix this now in the config files I had to add the custom line twice
  15. I have made a test. here is Mark Flekken 2.0: he is asked to just make short passes as distribution. yet with these he losses the ball 25 time in a match. Below are some pictures og where he looses the ball:
  16. It's a wonder you don't get the bill for wearing out the centre of the pitch :-) In FM23 I had a lot of success with slow-paced football but in FM24 it seems a non-starter. I would like to hear from anyone who had success esp at the international level. You are playing high up the pitch so I would take "pass into space" off. You don't have any width so you are also not using that space. These two things should mean that when the ball is passed into space your players will have compete to get it and when they have it will be crowded. You'll lose the ball more often and they'll break on you more. The slow temp is not helping with this either as you give the other team time to organize. "pass into space" really is for trying to break on the other team when you have the pace either wide or upfront with a striker who plays on the shoulder.
  17. Looks like he’s already signed end of contract with another club
  18. I am using the WTS Gold 1.3.1 skin for reference. I created a database where I changed the old combined Ireland to a custom Cumbrian nation. The flag works with the small versions but the large versions don't seem to be overwriting, I have edited the config files for both the large and small nation flags to look at the Cumbrian flags (and even saved the Cumbrian flag over anywhere I could find the old combined Irish flag just in case). Anyone have any ideas what could be going wrong? I have attached some images to show where it works and where it doesn't Thanks for any help.
  19. Preview -- -- Tromsø are doing very well this season so it will be up to us to make home advantage count today. I know the SR-Bank Arena will be packed again and our brilliant fans will give the players a lift. I'm delighted for Tromsø's manager Timmy Simons to be honest. When he took the reigns last season, Tromsø were cast adrift at the bottom. Timmy turned Tromsø's fortunes around, finished third bottom, won the Eliteserien / OBOS-ligaen Playoff Final, and are now 8th in El;iteserien. I won't be looking to do him any favours today though. With David Møller Wolfe suspended today, I'll probably start El Hadji Malick Diouf at left-back. Isak Amundsen strained his neck in training and won't be available. I doubt we'll take any chances with Runar Norheim either. -- Expected Line-up
  20. May 2028 Liga Profesional Copa Sudamericana Group A The heavy schedule has started impacting us as we have struggled a little more in the league. We are still holding a great position though and with Sudamericana football only resuming in July we can put a bit of focus back in the league. Talking of Sudamericana, we finished in Second as expected as we had no chance against Vasco in Brazil. This means we play one of the teams that finished in 3rd in the Libertadores groups. Next Fixtures Peñarol is probably one of the harder teams we could have drawn, but at least they are not having a great season domestically so we have a chance. That is something for July though as we get a bit of rest and then can focus on the league for the rest of month.
  21. 2037/38 Table | Squad | Transfers Started the season pretty poorly drawing a lot of games and then losing to the better teams to sit only just outside the bottom 2 after12 games and only 2 wins. Some wins in europe was the springboard to put togther a 9 match unbeaten run and move up the league. The team was always outside the european spots and some draws in the last few games confirmed no european football for the next season. In the french cup beat Ligue 1 Nancy 1-0 away in the ninth rd before winning 1-0 at home to Ligue 2 Amiens. Just beat National Grenoble 1-0 away before facing Ligue 2 Niort in the quarter final. Playing at home the team somehow drew 1-1 before losing on penalties and wasting a chance to go further. In europe the team was in the europa conference league where the team squeezed through the qualifying rd 1-0 on agg against SJK. The team did well in the league winning most games except against Brentford which was the one poor match qualifying for the rd of 16. The team beat Bologna in both legs of the rd of 16. In the quarter final the team again faced Brentford and after losing a tight first leg at home 1-2, were easily the better team away but could only draw 1-1 to go out. Brentford went on to win the final. Finances improved as a result of the european money. Chopko was a record signing and replaced Sarkodie (114 apps, 3 goals) who left. Gomis (261 apps, 6 goals) was let go at the end of the season as he was no longer good enough for a starting player. Macek (121 apps, 1 goal) left on a bosman after the season as he wanted to sign for a bigger club just when he was becoming 1st choice RB. Leonoff (95 apps) was sold as he wanted to join a bigger club, replaced by free signing Gueye. Bonilla was top scorer. 2038/39 Table | Squad | Transfers Another season where the team started very slowly and were only just out of relegation after 15 games. A good run before and after xmas lifted the team but too many draws after this meant that the team was nowhere near the top 6. In the french cup the team beat lower league TA rennes 4-1 away with the reserves before facing Ligue 1 OM at home. Drew 1-1 before winning on penalties. In the 11th rd the team beat Ligue 1 Dijon 5-3 at home before a brilliant 3-1 win at home against Nantes in the quarter final. In the semi final the team was away to Ligue 2 FCSM and and struggled in the first half losing 0-1 before scoring 5 2nd half goals to win 5-1. In the final the opponents were Ligue 2 Montpellier and the match was decided by a missed penalty for them and a penalty scored for my team to win 1-0. Finances went up slightly due to player sales. The youth facilities and ground were improved. Pedrozo was sold for a good profit on a player signed for free a year before. Rodrigues was a good squad option but was sold for a club record fee. Ivankovic (168 apps, 19 goals) was also sold as he wanted more game time but had been a good squad option for several years. The investment in the youth teams has been shown in a great youth intake although i have struggled to develop any of the high potential players who have come through in recent seasons with only 1 youth player in the 1st team as a backup player. Bonilla was again the top scorer even if i feel he could score a lot more, described as world class several teams are interested in him. Gay Rey is very frustrating at times but had a decent season overall, Lefevre was the best rated player again even if he nowhere close to being the best on ability. Season League Position French Cup Europe Top Scorer Top Assists Attendance Training Youth Junior Youth Rec Notes 2034/35 Ligue 1 13th 10th Rd N/A Gay Rey(10) Gay Rey(6) 7853 Great Great Adequate Exceptional 2035/36 Ligue 1 7th Qtr-final N/A Bonilla (11) Caceres(7) 10361 Excellent Great Excellent Exceptional Qualified for Europe 2036/37 Ligue 1 7th 11th Rd Europa league Rd of 16 Bonilla (21) Caceres(12) 10643 Superb Great Excellent Exceptional Qualified for Europe 2037/38 Ligue 1 8th Qtr-final Conf league Qtr-final Bonilla (14) Jiracek(9) 11041 Superb Great Excellent Exceptional 2038/39 Ligue 1 10th Winners N/A Bonilla (24) Gay Rey(11) 11145 Superb Excellent Excellent Exceptional French cup winners
  22. Sunday 17th August 2031 Brobbey Wants to Join Viking | Outrageous Salaries -- -- The thing with this one is that Brian Brobbey is getting himself worked up unnecessarily. Yes we like Brobbey, and he's played well against us in some matches, so we did talk to his agent, and made an enquiry with Molde, but we were never going to sign him once we knew about his wage demands. Brobbey is on £36.5K per week at Molde and wanted a pay rise to join us. -- Our highest paid player is Anders Hartveit Ryste on £7.25K per week and, whilst we have just over £75K per week left in our wage budget, I'm not prepared to go over £10K per week on any player right now. Yes, we're the richest football club in Norwegian football right now but I'm not going to break the bank and put the future of Viking Fotballklubb at risk. Quite frankly, the wage budgets of Molde, Bodø/Glimt and Brann are outrageously ridiculous and not sustainable.
  23. The offer new contract is missing. Please fix, thanks.
  24. Hello, it worked!!!! After a lot of trial and error, I managed to get tactic 433 right. I started my career with Wolves, they have a young and quite weak squad. At the beginning I only bought Ismail Yuksek, in the winter transfer window I bought Soler, Bardhij and Seimen. I managed to take 5th place!! The game shows me that I have been promoted to the UEL, Liverpool won the UCL, I think I should play in the UCL next season, I don't know why the game shows like that. When it comes to tactics, it is very interesting, my players play very nice football, the defense is a bit weak but because I have weak defenders. See for yourself!! https://ibb.co/prhNPxV https://ibb.co/XSgcVJK
  1. Load more activity