All-Nighter Thread!! [Player Naming]

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man my end of the season was so stressful.

Managed to hang on to the win (Sibierski off the bench, cracked one in on his debut!), checked the scores and Rushden did us a huge favour, spanked Worcester 4-1 :)

So we were ahead on goal difference, had to win the last game to be sure of the title. Went into a 3-0 lead before half time, was signing "3-0 to the Champions" in my head and everything, must have got to the players cause we then set about chucking it away, went into the last 10 minutes at 3-2, didn't dare to look at Worcester's score.

Had 4 minutes of injury time. The lovely fellow refereeing the game decided not to stop playing until the opposition scored, bless him, they equalised bang on 96 minutes. I was seething.

Should've checked Worcester's score earlier, they got battered, got all worked up over nothing!

CHAAAAMPIONS!!!

Now we're gunning for a spot in the league :) signed Sibierski as I mentioned before, and Abu Ogogo, former Arsenal trainee and incredibly athletic (for the BSP) right full-back. FC United will be challenging the real one in no time!

Well done!

Cheers :D

What makes me even happier is Worcester lost in the playoff final! I dunno why, they just really annoyed me. Probably the fact that they wouldn't leave us alone the whole season, honestly there was a 15 point gap to third place. Ridiculous.

Only way pre-made tactics are ever gunna work is if you have an almost identical squad to the person who made the tactic. Players and tactics have to be compatible!

Although I am a bit of a hypocrite, if I'd had a forward who was any good in the air we'd have scored twice as many goals last season...

My last update before I bugger off to bed, am knackered lol

The Saints got taken over by another board member, rather than a rich Tycoon like I hoped for lol. Who told me NO money would be invested, despite have a bank balance of 50k, which I wasn't happy with, but I'll make do with what I've got for the moment.

League Table:

leaguetablesaints.jpg

Am sitting in 2nd at the moment, which I'm thrilled with. Was only expecting a mid table finish from my team this year, but while it is nice, IMO the team isnt really ready for the Prem, would get eaten alive. Hopefully I can stay near the top all seaosn, is doing my baord confidence the world of good. Reading are, once again, running away with the league. They are seriously a beastly team on my saves recently.

Results:

saintsresultsn.jpg

Hit a bit of a slump last few games, but managed to stop it before it got too serious with the win at Ipswitch, which kept me up the top. Managed to nick some points from some hard teams, so was pleased with that. Hopeing that the run of form stays up for the remainder of the season, want to stay well clear of the relegation zone.

My Current team (with team Tactics):

southsquad.png

Here is the Team Instructions

I am finally at the pre-season friendlies and the final whistle has just gone in my warm up match against New York, we won it comfortably with goals for Defour 2(motm), Aquino and Joshua. Have also been busy in the transfer market, strengthening in defence and attack.

My transfers so far this season...

ManchesterUnited-3-1.png

And my first team squad.....

ManchesterUnited-2-1.png

Wellbeck gets 2 goals and motm this time in a 4-2 away win against Mouscron in our second friendly. The other scorers were Steven Defour and my 22 year old regen Marquee summer signing Helder Matos, with finishing 18 and composure 12 I'm hopeful of him becoming my long term replacement for Rooney, (although his composure will need to improve to be worthy of my first team).

I'm in this time. Bit late to join in but oh well :p

Currently carrying on Rancer's Challenge even though I've completed it and I want to carry on with my Youth players careers. So let the good times roll :D

Glad to see someone getting in on the all-nighter at this time...was starting to struggle for motivation to keep going at this hour during the boring pre-season phase. hopefully the thread will be active for longer than usual now as it usually starts to fizzle out at this time. :thup:

Well I do aim to please :D

Hate pre-season :thdn: Everyone unsettles my players to make the squad harmony awful for the new season and pre-season results never seem to reflect what will happen in the season ..

You spent quite a lot this season haven't you!? Makes my £3million in Asia seem like pennies:p

Well I do aim to please :D

Hate pre-season :thdn: Everyone unsettles my players to make the squad harmony awful for the new season and pre-season results never seem to reflect what will happen in the season ..

You spent quite a lot this season haven't you!? Makes my £3million in Asia seem like pennies:p

Lol...yeah, spent an absolute fortuns so far and ain't quite finished yet. I got the Man U job in January of last season with them in 18th place and my predecessor Steve Bruce had destroyed the first team squad, so major and immediate surgery was required.

On a much more positive note however, one of my signings has just played the first ever perfect ten I've had on fm09, was only in a friendly mind you but still am chuffed to bits.

Here's the sreenie of my teams ratings...

NewcastleTownvManUtd-2.png

He looks fb for such a young age:eek::thup:

Is he a bit injury prone because of his natural fitness though?

Edit: Just finished a friendly against my feeder team and my striker has now scored 12 in 2 games against them with two ratings of 10.0 :cool: Whilst my team has recorded victories of 0-17 and 0-11 versus them ;)

He's only played in two games for me so far, so that remains to be seen....in the game he scored 5, he stayed on or 85 minutes without any problems, so looks like he'll be fine as long as I don't train him too hard..Hes in for some tough competition to stay in my team now though, since as wel as quino and Rooney I just signed these two....I'm a sucker for good regen I'm afraid....

FabioAntonelli.png

48Vieira.png

I'm the same with regen's I can't help singing a few "world beaters" that turn out not that great. But you have signed some gems tbh :eek: You like you're unfit players though:p

I find that with young regens natural fitness is really difficult to find, but with a good training regime and match practice it does improve over time, so I never really pay much attention to that attribute unless a player starts to get recurring injuries.

I've just been brought up in a world of Michael Owen's so that's all I really pay attention too:(. Viera looks amazing. Sell Rooney & even though you've just bought him Aquino. A team full of regen's is fb.!!:thup:

I am tempted to make my whole first team squad regens asap, the only thing as I'd have to sell Rooney, Aquino, Anderson. McGeady, O'hara, Thiago Heleno, Wagner and Wellbeck and all of those are just starting to perform really well for me....would make a fortune on 1 or two of those mind you.:)

Still playing the second half and losing 3-2

Edit:- we lost 5-2, sounds pretty bad, but it was against a full strength Juventus side despite it only being a friendly. We actually managed to get 8 shots on target against them and 3 clear cut chances, so it shows my youngsters are a pretty potentially decent bunch:)

Just scraped a 2-1 win over Real Sociedad in the final friendly of pre-season, the league starts in earnest in a fortnight and I guess this is as a good a time as any to call it a night, will probs be on tonights all-nighter thread with updates on how the season starts off for us....night all...or good morning to those of you with less of a messed up sleeping pattern than mine.:D

Archived