El tel swarm v1.1 tactic - super movement.

Good results, maybe try taking off fwd arrows on wingbacks, could set one MC to fwd runs mixed. Did you use 1.1 or 1.2?

Also Richards and Onouha wouldnt be ideal, they may be quick but passing and concentration, anticipation, positioning aren't up to scratch in my opinion.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good results, maybe try taking off fwd arrows on wingbacks, could set one MC to fwd runs mixed. Did you use 1.1 or 1.2?

1.2 I'll try that if the opposition are getting a lot of space - also I'm starting this tactic cold - probably better if I had a pre-season with it - but I'll try it mixed with Piranha.

0-1 at home to Bolton but had 27 shots - lots of blocked shots might suggest long shots are set too high? Possible reducing this might mean more 'clear cut' chances. Switeched to Piranha at home to Arsenal and played them off the park but only got a 1-1 draw. I'd like to find a happy medium between the two...

0-1 at home to Bolton but had 27 shots - lots of blocked shots might suggest long shots are set too high? Possible reducing this might mean more 'clear cut' chances. Switeched to Piranha at home to Arsenal and played them off the park but only got a 1-1 draw. I'd like to find a happy medium between the two...

What players are you using? Whats your first 11?

Akinfeev

Mattock

Rafinha

Onouha

Beevers (Micah Richards injured)

Zuccini

Veloso

Dzagoev

Ninis

Keirrison

Milevskyi

Personally Mattock wouldnt be your best bet on the left in my opinion, at centre half you could be stronger, Beevers becomes class in time, Onouha in my opinion is not up to it.

Also ideally up front you need both strikers to be fast with flair, creativity, technique, first touch, off the ball, dribbling and acceleration, long shots.

Veloso, Dzagoev are ideal players for this system, never used Ninis or Zuccini to be honest so not sure about them. Im assuming Dzagoev is your AMC? I have Matias Fernandez as my left MC and Diego as my right MC. so players who are similar would be ideal.

Personally Mattock wouldnt be your best bet on the left in my opinion, at centre half you could be stronger, Beevers becomes class in time, Onouha in my opinion is not up to it.

Also ideally up front you need both strikers to be fast with flair, creativity, technique, first touch, off the ball, dribbling and acceleration, long shots.

Veloso, Dzagoev are ideal players for this system, never used Ninis or Zuccini to be honest so not sure about them. Im assuming Dzagoev is your AMC? I have Matias Fernandez as my left MC and Diego as my right MC. so players who are similar would be ideal.

It's the fourth season so Beevers is top quality - Onouha does really well for me due to his pace but he's back up, I've got a few injuries at the moment but he makes up for Beevers comparative lack of pace, my strikers are below:

keirrisonv.th.jpg

milevskyi.th.jpg

It's the fourth season so Beevers is top quality - Onouha does really well for me due to his pace but he's back up, I've got a few injuries at the moment but he makes up for Beevers comparative lack of pace, my strikers are below:

keirrisonv.th.jpg

milevskyi.th.jpg

I cant stress enough the importance of both central defenders to have pace, due to the high defensive line in this tactic. Maybe if your playing Beevers you could try lowering the defensive line a bit. Let me know how you gt on?

Zuccini, Rakitic (who was injured for the match) and Ninis are below, Ninis is ideally a winger but does a job as an AM, if I'm gonna go with this tactic I think I'll need to pick up another AM/MC.

zuccini.th.jpg

ninis.th.jpg

rakitic.th.jpg

Zuccini, Rakitic (who was injured for the match) and Ninis are below, Ninis is ideally a winger but does a job as an AM, if I'm gonna go with this tactic I think I'll need to pick up another AM/MC.

zuccini.th.jpg

ninis.th.jpg

rakitic.th.jpg

Your players have developed nicely, Zuccini looks ideal as the defensive midfielder, Ninis also looks pretty good but maybe not so good in a MC position. Try him, see how he performs, if he does well then great keep playing him. Rakitic is a player i considered buying myself, however his lack of pace put me off but should do a good job. With Dzagoev added to the mix should work well. I would buy another player who can play MC and AMC. Can you afford Matias Fernandez? He really is a beast in the left MC role. If not go for similar type player.

WOW!

V1.2 is even better than V1.1.. average goals scored: 2,7!! 0,4 conceeded!

Lots of goals from the strikers.

Laurito 13 matches - 9 goals

Aquino 9 matches - 7 goals

Balotelli 8 matches - 9 goals

And my playmaker (Marek Hamsik) has chipped in with 5 goals as well!

One of THE BEST tactics i´ve tried!

Great work Genetic Deviant!! :thup:

WOW!

Those figures speak for themselves i'd say, i urge all the doubters to read the above. It really is that good for the right players.

WOW!

i often use this sort of strategy once i've built a strong team, the fm match engine generally struggles with 'overload' once your players are of some quality.

It really does confuse the opposition AI, closest thing to a super tactic i have come across.

Hey, Genetic Deviant.

I'm going to use your tactic for my second season with Real.

I've gone through like a dozen games now, and it started 'slow' (2 goals in 3 games) but now it's starting to settle down.

Although I've noticed that many of my goals are not team-work plays, but generally individual brilliance, I'm not going to cry about it, but it looks like it depends heavily on the player's stats.

Who is playmaker DM??

Your playmaker can be any one of your CM's and your AMC. They all swap positions anyway so it doesnt matter which one. I have not personally used a DM as a playmaker as he is very defensive meaning that the team would always look to pass to him and he would be in a non advanced position. I wanted my playmaker to make a difference further up the pitch.

Hey, Genetic Deviant.

I'm going to use your tactic for my second season with Real.

I've gone through like a dozen games now, and it started 'slow' (2 goals in 3 games) but now it's starting to settle down.

Although I've noticed that many of my goals are not team-work plays, but generally individual brilliance, I'm not going to cry about it, but it looks like it depends heavily on the player's stats.

Admittedly you definitely need the right type of players to make this tactic work but when it does, boy is it worth it lol.

What team are you? what players are you using and in what positions? What results are you achieving?

Yep, it's scarily effective. This is more like what I was expecting to see. This was the game after the destruction of Madrid.

2v0lthv.jpg

How would you take the possession back off of your opponent in this case?

ps Was using 1.2 in this match and used OI on their most dangerous players.

Bear in mind the possession percentage can be a little deceiving. Let me explain. Only by watching the whole match will you know where the opposition is having there possession. They may just be passing it around deep in thir own half between their back four without making any real progress for example.

This tactic is effective, but most importantly a lot of fun. I used to play a 4-4-2, but I got sick and tired of seing the wingers failing at passing their man. I really like all the forward runs and through balls I'm getting out of this tactic. Luckily for me, I had two very good WBs and a lot of AMCs to play around with.

My major concern is what to do when the opposition switches to 4-2-4. What happens is that the midfield will hit direct passes to the wingers, who run onto the ball and pass into the box. Also, the strategy seems more effective at home, but it seems every tactic has that problem.

This tactic is effective, but most importantly a lot of fun. I used to play a 4-4-2, but I got sick and tired of seing the wingers failing at passing their man. I really like all the forward runs and through balls I'm getting out of this tactic. Luckily for me, I had two very good WBs and a lot of AMCs to play around with.

My major concern is what to do when the opposition switches to 4-2-4. What happens is that the midfield will hit direct passes to the wingers, who run onto the ball and pass into the box. Also, the strategy seems more effective at home, but it seems every tactic has that problem.

Glad your enjoying the SWARM tactic, it certainly is fun to watch most of the time. when the opposition go to a 4-2-4 simply bring your wingbacks back into full back position, that generally solves problem. sometimes i also put back arrows on them too. If late in the game check their fitness level, as they rampage the flanks alot they can get tired.

Would love to see an edit in your first person with what you think are preferrable attributes to have for each position, if you're up to it ;)

And you don't use opposition instructions at all? Would you recommend making any sort of changes for when you're not favourites, especially away from home. Drop wingbacks to fullback? Take off some Farrows on the MCs and wingbacks?

Just a quick question sorry if it's stupid but i'm still new to the game and the sport for that matter. The 2 MC position's can I play a AMR & AML instead of 2 natural MC's. I'm just slight confused as I only have 2 WB's atm and want to get the right players but not throw my team off to much with a influx of players. I do have the cash as I'm playing with Man City. Thank you.

P.S. Can we see a SS of your current team. I wanna get an idea of your ideal players for this system. Thanks

Ive just played my 1st game with this tactic (v1.2) and i beat Reading 4-0 at home. Im playing as Forest in my 1st season in the Prem. Im about mid way through the 1st season and have been using knaps tactics and have been doing quite well with them. But i didnt like the way my team was playing and i wanted something different to the normal 4-4-2. Looking at the screenshot that MIKAL posted i thought id give the tactic a try as it wasnt the normal 4-4-2 and looked very different/interesting.

As i said im playing as Forest in my 1st season in the Prem. Ive played 3 seasons. I spent 2 seasons in the championship. So my team for the Prem isnt great. Id say its below average and i definitely dont have the right players yet for the formation. Has anyone been using this tactic with an average team and had good success? Also what have been other peoples results like against the big teams in their leagues?

Here are couple of screenshots from my 1st game

The match stats:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/jay3179/4-0.jpg

Player ratings:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/jay3179/4-01.jpg

What impressed me was that i had been playing a basic 4-4-2 for most the season and then all of sudden switched to a totally different tactic, so obviously my players wont have gelled yet etc. But they still managed to pull out 4-0 win. What i also noticed that i havent seen in a long time in any of my games on FM in the past few years. Is one of my strikers actually follow up a parry by the G/K.

Ill keep everyone updated on how things go with the tactic. Hopefully it will get my into European place come the end of the season.

Would love to see an edit in your first person with what you think are preferrable attributes to have for each position, if you're up to it ;)

And you don't use opposition instructions at all? Would you recommend making any sort of changes for when you're not favourites, especially away from home. Drop wingbacks to fullback? Take off some Farrows on the MCs and wingbacks?

During the thread ive already spoken about attributes for players i recommend eg, centre backs needing pace acceleration, heading, tackling, decent enough passing, concentration, anticipation, positioning, strength. .

Mc's and AMC need to have good passing, creativity, flair, dribbling, long shots etc.

DMC should be a good all rounder for this position, good tackling, positioning, anticipation, passing. If you can find one with good long shots he will get a few goals also.

WB's need good fitness, stamina, pace, acceleration, crossing, passing.

Strikers need good creativity, flair, dribbling, pace, acceleration, long shots etc.

I have touched on these already during my posts but will edit the first post when i get the chance.

As for opposition instructions, before the game i don't change anything at all regardless if im favorites or not. I may change in game depending what im seeing. eg, if opponent goes 4-2-4 trying to chase an equaliser i tend to bring wing backs back and put back arrows on them. If the opponents are taking control late on having all posession i may also put one of the MC's on mixed forward runs. I do not change anything very often though as i don't need to LOL.

Just a quick question sorry if it's stupid but i'm still new to the game and the sport for that matter. The 2 MC position's can I play a AMR & AML instead of 2 natural MC's. I'm just slight confused as I only have 2 WB's atm and want to get the right players but not throw my team off to much with a influx of players. I do have the cash as I'm playing with Man City. Thank you.

P.S. Can we see a SS of your current team. I wanna get an idea of your ideal players for this system. Thanks

Best stick with MC's that can also play in the AMC position.

In terms of my first 11, i do not know how to do screenshots mate. I am Man City (have also tested with lower league teams eg Leeds and couple of others)

GK AKINFEEV

RWB SANTON

LWB SRNA

CB FAZIO

CB CHIELLINI

DMC VELOSO

MC MATIAS FERNANDEZ

MC DIEGO (playmaker)

AMC DZAGOEV

STR HULK

STR AGUERO

also note the 2 MC's and the AMC all swap positions, that is why its important to use players that can play MC as well as AMC.

Good luck, let me know how you get on mate.

Ive just played my 1st game with this tactic (v1.2) and i beat Reading 4-0 at home. Im playing as Forest in my 1st season in the Prem. Im about mid way through the 1st season and have been using knaps tactics and have been doing quite well with them. But i didnt like the way my team was playing and i wanted something different to the normal 4-4-2. Looking at the screenshot that MIKAL posted i thought id give the tactic a try as it wasnt the normal 4-4-2 and looked very different/interesting.

As i said im playing as Forest in my 1st season in the Prem. Ive played 3 seasons. I spent 2 seasons in the championship. So my team for the Prem isnt great. Id say its below average and i definitely dont have the right players yet for the formation. Has anyone been using this tactic with an average team and had good success? Also what have been other peoples results like against the big teams in their leagues?

Here are couple of screenshots from my 1st game

The match stats:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/jay3179/4-0.jpg

Player ratings:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/jay3179/4-01.jpg

What impressed me was that i had been playing a basic 4-4-2 for most the season and then all of sudden switched to a totally different tactic, so obviously my players wont have gelled yet etc. But they still managed to pull out 4-0 win. What i also noticed that i havent seen in a long time in any of my games on FM in the past few years. Is one of my strikers actually follow up a parry by the G/K.

Ill keep everyone updated on how things go with the tactic. Hopefully it will get my into European place come the end of the season.

Good luck, hope the tactic works for you, it is certainly a fun effective tactic to use. The system works well against any kind of team. Just see some of the posts for examples.

am going to try this with my afc telford team in league 1 first season in this league

Good luck, ive tested this tactic on teams league 1 and above so will be interesting to see how you get on too, i believe that you need good players in all positions to make this work, well the right players for the system anyway.

Let me know how it works for you mate.

I think I may have the best team here for this tactic

GK Sergio Asenjo

DC Sahko

DC Fazio

WBL Joe Mattock

WBR Santon

DMC Miguel Vel

MC Dzagoev

MC Anderson

AMC Sergio Aguero

ST Bojan/ Mario Balotelli

ST Benzema/Mario Balotelli

So I'll tell you how I get on

Best stick with MC's that can also play in the AMC position.

In terms of my first 11, i do not know how to do screenshots mate. I am Man City (have also tested with lower league teams eg Leeds and couple of others)

GK AKINFEEV

RWB SANTON

LWB SRNA

CB FAZIO

CB CHIELLINI

DMC VELOSO

MC MATIAS FERNANDEZ

MC DIEGO (playmaker)

AMC DZAGOEV

STR HULK

STR AGUERO

also note the 2 MC's and the AMC all swap positions, that is why its important to use players that can play MC as well as AMC.

Good luck, let me know how you get on mate.

So what do you do with all your AML's and AMR's? Do you just sell them off or loan them out, i'm wondering if that would upset the balance of your team? Or do you just leave em alone to ride the bench. If WB's entirely replace all of your AML's and AMR's how many WB's do you have on your team in case of injuries and so forth. Sorry if these are lame questions.

I think I may have the best team here for this tactic

GK Sergio Asenjo

DC Sahko

DC Fazio

WBL Joe Mattock

WBR Santon

DMC Miguel Vel

MC Dzagoev

MC Anderson

AMC Sergio Aguero

ST Bojan/ Mario Balotelli

ST Benzema/Mario Balotelli

So I'll tell you how I get on

Thats certainly a very good team mate, should be ideal. Let me know how it goes.

This tactic is real fun! :) I switched over from Tylerbode's piranha tactic which is quite good as well.

my first eleven currently in 2011:

GK - Wächter (GER) - average GK

DC - Pejsinovic (SER) & Mongungo (FRA)

DL - a very good, young regen

DR - Ramón (BRA)

DM - a very good, young regen

MC - Ochirosii (ROM) & Feghouli (FRA)

AM - Marquinhos (BRA)

ST - Balotelli (ITA) & Seleznyov (UKR)

First time I tried this tactic was in the middle of a UEFA cup 1st knockout stage against Newcastle United. We played at home and after half time we were behind 1:2. I switched to this tactic and we won 5:2. ;) Marquinhos scored hattrick, when he was playing on right ST side. The return game at Newcastle went 2:2.

I maybe played now 10 games and didnt lost any, but got a few draws, all away. Usually we have big amount of shots (15+) and nearly always 2-5 ccc's which results in quite highscoring games. Goals came in the first games from my strikers and it looked like kick and rush. My players got the ball near to my box, and than just shoot up the ball whole field and my strikers were always "one on one" with goalie. This doesnt happen now so often anymore.....maybe AI has figured that out. Now the goals come from everywhere, and everybody is scoring. Its just because of the overload. Except of Marquinhos, as AI decided to not let him score anymore and he is always shooting directly on the goalie or hits framework. Luckily there are now 7 other players around him. ;)

Defence is quite risky. Playing only version 1.2, but my opponents, if not too dumb, gets usually one or two ccc's as well.

Possession-wise, we have mostly 50% or more, also away from home.

I have tweaked the attacking corners (to challenge GK). Before there was just never any danger from corners.

I will stick with that tactic for now....i like that ultra attacking system. Who shoots more goals....wins!

thanks for that.

So what do you do with all your AML's and AMR's? Do you just sell them off or loan them out, i'm wondering if that would upset the balance of your team? Or do you just leave em alone to ride the bench. If WB's entirely replace all of your AML's and AMR's how many WB's do you have on your team in case of injuries and so forth. Sorry if these are lame questions.

If the AML or AMR players have the right attributes then i try to retrain them to play MC and AMC, this takes time but can be worth it. If they don't have the right stats i sell them on. No point keeping them if i am not going to play them.

In regards to wing backs i have 4 good ones in my squad two on the bench. Due to the ground they cover during game they can get tired. i then tend to have two more young players that are WB's that have lots of potential.

It's a good tactic.

It's very mixed for me. I seem to win nicely won week then draw the next and then lose to a team im really expected to beat. But sometimes i can get really good results with it.

For example

I'm St. Mirren

Rangers 0-1 St. Mirren

Celtic 2-2 St. Mirren

St. Mirren 2-2 Celtic

This just isn't working very well with my Hull team. 5 games in 1 win, 1 draw, 3 losses. They just don't have the players to use this tactic effectively. As I'm expected to lose basically every game, I need to change the way the tactic works. Whether I drop the wingbacks to fullback all the time, unless favourites. To lower the overall mentality and to drop the defensive line to deep. I do find I concede most from crosses. What do you suggest I try.

The tactic could clearly produce some good looking football, but with my limited players it's hard to show this.

My team:

GK: Enyeama

CB: Turner (slow, hense the deep defensive line?)

CB: Anthony Gardner

WBR: Mendy

WBL: Ricketts

DMC: Boateng

MC: Skjelbred

MC: Bullard

AMC: Giovanni

STR: Humberto Suazo

STL: Caleb Folan

The 3 teams I have lost against were Chelsea (3-0), Arsenal (3-2), and just now, Man City (1-0). I drew 0-0 against Everton, and beat West Brom 1-0. So I have had a difficult start, but I was pretty much completely dominated in most of the games, with the WBA being more even.

I want this tactic to work, so I am going to stick at it... Hopefully someone can give some much needed advice!

This just isn't working very well with my Hull team. 5 games in 1 win, 1 draw, 3 losses. They just don't have the players to use this tactic effectively. As I'm expected to lose basically every game, I need to change the way the tactic works. Whether I drop the wingbacks to fullback all the time, unless favourites. To lower the overall mentality and to drop the defensive line to deep. I do find I concede most from crosses. What do you suggest I try.

The tactic could clearly produce some good looking football, but with my limited players it's hard to show this.

My team:

GK: Enyeama

CB: Turner (slow, hense the deep defensive line?)

CB: Anthony Gardner

WBR: Mendy

WBL: Ricketts

DMC: Boateng

MC: Skjelbred

MC: Bullard

AMC: Giovanni

STR: Humberto Suazo

STL: Caleb Folan

The 3 teams I have lost against were Chelsea (3-0), Arsenal (3-2), and just now, Man City (1-0). I drew 0-0 against Everton, and beat West Brom 1-0. So I have had a difficult start, but I was pretty much completely dominated in most of the games, with the WBA being more even.

I want this tactic to work, so I am going to stick at it... Hopefully someone can give some much needed advice!

Really can't stress enough the importance of having CB's with good pace, your deep defensive line will be why you are conceding alot from crosses. You do need the right players for this tactic to be the most effective it can be.

Archived