El tel swarm v1.1 tactic - super movement.

Hey guys, after many hours of tweaking tactics, gathering advice from various members of these forums and much testing i have come up with what i believe is a great attacking tactic (link to follow)

I utilise a back four but with wing backs, i wanted to emulate the brazilian rampaging fullbacks from yesteryear eg Cafu, Roberto Carlos etc. The brazilian term for this type of player is "Fulcrum". They command the whole side, as every other player predominantly is more central. Crucial attributes are pace, stamina, fitness, crossing, acceleration and decent enough defensive stats. I use Srna and Santon myself. Also note because the defensive line is pushed up you need CB's with good pace and acceleration ideally.

In front of the back four i use a Defensive midfielder, Veloso is the man here for me, good defensive attributes, good passing. Generally a fantastic all-rounder for this position.

So far nothing unusual or revolutionally eh?

Before i go further and explain my attacking players i should thank LAM who provided invaluable advice to me in setting up my players. His advice certainly helped me and inspired me. Next i would like to thank TYLER BODE for creating his new Pirahna tactic that inspired me further, infact i have set up my front two strikers in exactly the same way as the PIRAHNA V6 tactic. Thanks again TYLER.

My system is based on a standard 442 diamond formation, with four at the back, a defensive midfielder, two central midfielders and an attacking midfielder behind the front two.

The only difference being that my full backs ("Fulcrums") are in wingback positions with forward arrows, my two central midfielders also with forward arrows and the attacking midfielder with a forward arrow.

With the two front men with back arrows also (ala PIRAHNA V6) it causes absolute mayhem for the opposing team when they are defending. They have no idea who to pick up. Download the tactic and you will see why, and why ive named this tactic "SWARM".

The key is for your MC's and AMC to have good passing, dribbling, finishing, long shots creativity. Heading would also be useful if possible. Matias Fernandez and Diego are ideal. To create further confusion i have all three (MC'S and AMC) swapping positions.

The following attributes i recommend for players in this system are:

CB's needing pace acceleration, heading, tackling, decent enough passing, concentration, anticipation, positioning, strength. I CAN'T STRESS ENOUGH THE IMPORTANCE OF HAVING CB'S WITH GOOD PACE due to the high defensive line.

Mc's and AMC need to have good passing, creativity, flair, dribbling, long shots etc.

DMC should be a good all rounder for this position, good tackling, positioning, anticipation, passing. If you can find one with good long shots he will get a few goals also.

WB's need good fitness, stamina, pace, acceleration, crossing, passing.

Strikers need good creativity, flair, dribbling, pace, acceleration, long shots etc.

I have set one of my centre backs to challenge GK on corners. My right sided centre back is the one i have it set as. I have fazio playing here. This really is awesome Fazio has scored 8 goals in 9 games. Make sure your right sided centre back has good heading, jumping and anticipation for similar results. if possible you should have a decent left footed corner taker and a decent right footed corner taker. Set your right footed corner taker to take left hand side corners and your left footed corner taker to take right sided corners.

As for opposition instructions, before the game i don't change anything at all regardless if im favorites or not. I may change in game depending what im seeing. eg, if opponent goes 4-2-4 trying to chase an equaliser i tend to bring wing backs back and put back arrows on them. If the opponents are taking control late on having all posession i may also put one of the MC's on mixed forward runs. I do not change anything very often though as i don't need to LOL.

This tactic really is working great for me, creates loads of chances and lots of goals whilst dominated posession mainly also. Im real proud of it.

Heres the link guys. Download SWARM-1.4 Tactic here: http://hosted.filefront.com/GeneticDeviant

Also note the 1.45 version of the SWARM tactic, this is exactly the same as 1.4 but employs a high tempo and a more direct style of play.

NB: Based on some of your feedback, i have designed an amendment to this tactic that will enable us to keep possession better. This may help especially away from home. My thinking was that the players mentalities from DC to MC were too far apart. I have altered this, i have gone with slightly less width, and have made the wingbacks/full backs slightly less attacking. This should result in your team keeping the ball better and controlling more of the game as a result. There is also an away version of this tactic.

heres the link: http://hosted.filefront.com/GeneticDeviant . Download EL-TEL-SWARM-1.5 and EL-TEL-SWARM-1.5-AWAY.

Personally i would have this version and the 1.4 versions for when you need to be more attacking.

As with any tactic, team and player morale and team talks are crucially important. A quick way to boost a players morale is offer him a new contract.

In regards teamtalks, i find the following works best:

With teamtalks you should always try to maintain high morale.

Kick-off: 'Nothing'. Rival team, 'For Fans'. When underdogs (4/1), 'Wish Luck'.

Half-time: Winning, 'Nothing'. Losing, 'I want more from you/Disappointed, etc'. When underdogs (4/1), 'Nothing'.

Full-time: (Despite result) say the following to your players individually according to their match rating: -5 'Disappointed', +8 'Delighted'. 5.0 to 7.9, (Team) 'Well done/Good effort, etc'.

To get the most from your players, the preferred move training is also essential: Get your players to learn the following where possible:

DC: Stay back, Don't dive in.

WB: Don't dive in.

DMC: Play simple passes, Don't dive in.

MC & AMC: Try long shots, Shoot with power. tries through balls

FC: Run with ball through centre, Place shots.

NB: Another point that has been brought up is when the opposition play 1 DMC, 2 MC, 1 AMR, 1 AML, 1 STR against you with a quick tempo the flanks are too exposed.

To hopefully combat this i have made an away tactic so use that when the opposition play in the formation mentioned above:

Hopefully this will solve some of the problems you guys have been having.

The following is a list of players that i recommend based on who i have used myself and tested with:

GK's: Akinfeev, or any decent keeper will suffice

CB's: Fazio, Chiellini, Zapata

WB's Srna, Santon, Vargas, Monzon, Fabio, Rafael, Zabaleta.

DMC's: Veloso, Lucas, Palombo, Diarra, Mascharano, Gago. Essien. Carrick, Hargreaves, Barry.

MC's and AMC's: Diego, Matias Fernandez. Kaka, Dzagoev, Anderson, Moutinho, Hamsik, Gerrard, Deco, Riquelme, Iniesta, Xavi, Lucho Gonzalez, Lampard. Fabregas.

STR: Aguero, Hulk, Benzema, Adriano, Laurito, Balotelli, Vela, Torres, Villa. Van Persie.

I will keep the above list updated based on your feedback and eventually create a shortlist for you all to upload to your games.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please feel free to leave feedback, would love to know how you guys found this tactic and what kind of results you were getting? What players you used? and if you think of any way it could be improved?

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice. Just played a game against Hull with my Man Utd team and destroyed them 5-0. The number of shots on goal I had was amazing: 42!

Of those 42 shots on goal, 17 were on target. The number of blocked shots in the area was insane! That's why Myhill only got 6.3 I guess. Was expecting him to get at least 7.00 or greater.

Anderson and Hernanes performed outrageously! Anderson seemed like he was everywhere. I actually put him in the incorrect position when selecting my starting eleven. I didn't mean to, but it worked out well in the end.

He started in the AMC role - and boy did he excel. Fabio and Rafael were equally as immense in the WB positions. They motored up and down the flanks all day, providing crosses and getting into dangerous positions in the box.

Very, very impressed - and my team aren't even familiar with the tactic yet. It's scary to think what would have happened to poor Hull if my team had been playing with this tactic for weeks or months!

Thanks

This is not a slight on the tactic in any way, rather another look at just how obtuse the game is becoming.

I'll explain

Its as if the ME takes a look at all the tactic settings and decides that this SHOULD'NT work.

The problem with that, is how it is then shown in the match?

For example

(i) My MC with strenth 16 stamina 16 tackling 14, keeps losing the midfield battle to an opposing MC whose strength, stamina and tackling stats are all largely inferior.

(ii) My STR with Jumping and Heading ability of 18 cannot win headers against players with largely inferior jumping and heading stats.

(iii) My DC's and WB's with plenty of time and space, choose to lump the ball straight to the opposition with nary a player of my own in sight, instead of putting the ball into areas where my players actually are.

Really, if we ARE supposed to work out what is wrong with our tactics, how can we do so when the scenarios played out during the match do not show any reasonable footage of whats wrong?

Hey guys, glad you are liking the tactic.

In response to who i set as the playmaker? I personally have Diego as the right sided MC as my playmaker. However the two MC's and AMC are constantly swapping positions so i guess it wouldnt matter which one of the three you set as your playmaker.

Please continue to give feedback guys, would be much appreciated.

This is not a slight on the tactic in any way, rather another look at just how obtuse the game is becoming.

I'll explain

Its as if the ME takes a look at all the tactic settings and decides that this SHOULD'NT work.

The problem with that, is how it is then shown in the match?

For example

(i) My MC with strenth 16 stamina 16 tackling 14, keeps losing the midfield battle to an opposing MC whose strength, stamina and tackling stats are all largely inferior.

(ii) My STR with Jumping and Heading ability of 18 cannot win headers against players with largely inferior jumping and heading stats.

(iii) My DC's and WB's with plenty of time and space, choose to lump the ball straight to the opposition with nary a player of my own in sight, instead of putting the ball into areas where my players actually are.

Really, if we ARE supposed to work out what is wrong with our tactics, how can we do so when the scenarios played out during the match do not show any reasonable footage of whats wrong?

Just to continue on from this post, i'll point the difference between what the tactic is telling me and what the game is actually showing me?

Tactic - Very attacking with WB's getting forward at every oportunity, suggesting that i may often lose goals on the counter or when giving away cheap possession. Very good players needed for each position.

Game shows me - We have conceded 9 goals in 5 games, 4 from corners, 3 from free kicks(1 direct, 2 in-direct) and a 30 yard stunner. This more than suggests that the problem with the tactic is the set-up from set pieces, yet the instuctions are almost identical to that of many other tactics i have used and not had this problem with?

It also suggests that the goals we are conceding are not because this is such an attacking tactic, as first assumed?

Just did a 5 game test with your tactic with my Napoli team.

Real Madrid - Napoli 0-4 (European Super Cup.)

AC Milan - Napoli 1-1 (Even game but they scored from 25 yards...)

Napoli - Torino 2-0

Napoli - Espanyol 3-0 (Champions League)

Napoli - Palermo 3-0 (Dominated the game! Should have been leading 4-0 by half time..)

Looks good so far.. only downside is that the wingbacks are exhausted after 65-70 minutes...

Slightly amended version of this tactic. Offering a little more protection to back four. Only very minor other tweaks. I am using this tactic with Leeds also with great success.

http://files.filefront.com/13536749 Download EL TEL SWARM V1.2.

Again feedback greatly appreciated. Also do you think the amended 1.2 is more effective than 1.1?

Both strikers score lots of goals, as does the amc with the mc's contributing a fair few too. My right sided striker seems to score more. Though i have both strikers on the same instructions.

Hammer1000, thanks for your feedback. Can't say i have had a problem with set pieces and conceding. What players are you using? I can only suggest you look at your defensive players attributes. What ratings do they have for concentration, anticipation, positioning.

Also i can't stress the importance of having DC's with good pace as the defensive line is pushed up.

Franklin, yes the wingbacks do get tired, best look for wingbacks with good fitness and stamina. Always best have decent back up for wingbacks on bench though.

My wingback are Monzon,Santon,Vitale,Celozzi and Marco Motta.

All with 16+ in stamina.

By the way.. My right sided striker (Federico Laurito) is the one who chips in with most goals. 8 in 10 matches.

Palyed 4 more matches:

Fiorentina - Napoli 2-4

Napoli - Atalanta 2-0

Shakthar - Napoli 0-3

Napoli - Modena 2-0

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Super tactic. Currently playing against Arsenal on my Man Utd save. Here is how well I'm doing at half-time. I'm destroying them in term of chances created. Imagine a game like that IRL!!!

Arsenal try to punt the ball into the channels, but my left and right MC track back well to nullify the threat, and my WBs haven't been caught out yet.

8zlfdx.jpg

Cheers

1.2 seems to be the version that works best, it offers more protection for the defense for seemingly no loss in attacking efficiency. Nothing wrong with 1.1 though. See which on works best. Some might like 1.1 at home against weaker opposition and use 1.2 away. Again may depend on your players and how the opposition line up. Switch during game if you feel the need.

MIKAL, thanks for posting screenshot. i wasn't sure how to do it lol.

Really impressed with your feedback guys, glad its working for you. Maybe you could give it a mention in the best tactic thread if you think its worthy lol.

Keep the updates coming with as much detail as possible. It's always interesting to see.

Now it's getting scary! Expected to beat Madrid, even if it is a CL semi-final game away from home, but wasn't expecting to obliterate them!!

igdhud.jpg

Defences just seem unable to cope with the movement of the attacking players. Rafael got in twice behind the defence because Ramos or Metzelder were pulled out of position. So Rafael scored twice from the RWB position. Impressive.

GD

I'm using 1.1 at home and 1.2 away from home. I guess I'm destroying teams because I've been playing with another tactic - Perl 433 tactic - for the entire season up to now and my opponents probably set their team up to deal with that tactic. They must get a heck of a surprise when they see how attacking I am!

Thanks

Now it's getting scary! Expected to beat Madrid, even if it is a CL semi-final game away from home, but wasn't expecting to obliterate them!!

igdhud.jpg

Defences just seem unable to cope with the movement of the attacking players. Rafael got in twice behind the defence because Ramos or Metzelder were pulled out of position. So Rafael scored twice from the RWB position. Impressive.

GD

I'm using 1.1 at home and 1.2 away from home. I guess I'm destroying teams because I've been playing with another tactic - Perl 433 tactic - for the entire season up to now and my opponents probably set their team up to deal with that tactic. They must get a heck of a surprise when they see how attacking I am!

Thanks

HAHA that certainly makes for impressive reading, as for how opponents line up against you, they often change mid game to compensate for the way you are playing. However i have yet to come up against a system that counters the movement during my testing.

What players are you guys using? where are you playing them? and how are they performing for you?

Yep, it's scarily effective. This is more like what I was expecting to see. This was the game after the destruction of Madrid.

2v0lthv.jpg

How would you take the possession back off of your opponent in this case?

ps Was using 1.2 in this match and used OI on their most dangerous players.

A tweak i may make is revert to 1.1 or on one or both of the mc's put forward runs on mixed, this may take away a bit from the attack but will give you more presence in the middle of the park. I however dont change things too much, infact i don't use opposition instructions at all.

can the wing-backs in this formation be moved back to the fullback slot without the tactic falling apart?

The reason I ask is I am playing in the blue square north and dont have any wing-backs in my squad and the ones I can sign are never going to be good enough.

Any advice would be welcome

Yep, it's scarily effective. This is more like what I was expecting to see. This was the game after the destruction of Madrid.

2v0lthv.jpg

How would you take the possession back off of your opponent in this case?

ps Was using 1.2 in this match and used OI on their most dangerous players.

Sometimes the opponent may have more possession but hey its what you do with it that counts, right? lol

This is because with the dmc having a back arrow and the two mc's having forward arrows in the central area you may not have as much presence as your opponents. Havent been a problem in many of the matches though.

True. No problem as I'm obviously countering them effectively and scoring from their mistakes/loss of possession.

Just wondered just in case they start to come back into the game. If that happened would like to take control of possession so I can dictate the pace and outcome of the game.

Mightily impressed by this tactic though. Some of my results have left me with a booming smile on my face, especially the Real Madrid result!!

Cheers

Can the wing-backs be moved back into the full-back position without the tactic being ruined?

Should the AMC be set as the playmaker even though they swap?

The wingbacks in my experience should be left where thy are but if you want to use fullbacks, give it a try by all means and see how it works for you.

The AMC as playmaker would be fine, it shouldnt make too much difference as they all swap around anyway. Personally i use my right sided MC as playmaker.

Let me know how you get on.

thanks amte. Just about to go into my first game. Moved them back to fullback position and will see how it goes. I dont have any wing-back and the ones I can sign are shocking so will have run with what I have.

Good luck mate. You could always retrain your full backs to play wing back?

Some questions Genetic Deviant:

1. Should we tick on the playmaker box only one player (to choose between the right MC, the left MC or the AMC) or it would be better to tick the three (because they swap positions)??

2. What train schedule do you use?? Should we train the strikers as strikers or as AM??

3. Both strikers, as in Tylerbode tactic should be fast with flair, creativity, technique, first touch, off the ball, dribbling and acceleration or should we have also a strong striker with good heading and jumping for one of the positions??

4.What kind of player do you reccomend for the MC´s positions??

Thanks so much

Two matches in with Ipswich and two wins but the defence concerns me - I've got onouha & Micah Richards who are lightning quick but still conceded 5 goals in two games, both won out scoring the opposition, but both teams were relatively mediocre.

Le Mans 3 Ipswich 5 (UEFA cup)

Blackburn 2 Ipswich 3

Maybe I might try this in a few home games but stick to a slightly more conservative approach away from home.

Some questions Genetic Deviant:

1. Should we tick on the playmaker box only one player (to choose between the right MC, the left MC or the AMC) or it would be better to tick the three (because they swap positions)??

2. What train schedule do you use?? Should we train the strikers as strikers or as AM??

3. Both strikers, as in Tylerbode tactic should be fast with flair, creativity, technique, first touch, off the ball, dribbling and acceleration or should we have also a strong striker with good heading and jumping for one of the positions??

4.What kind of player do you reccomend for the MC´s positions??

Thanks so much

In regards playmaker, i just set the one player as playmaker, my right sided cm, but as they all swap around it wouldnt matter whether its the right cm, left cm or amc. Upto you mate. I havent tried having three playmakers selected to be honest but by all means test it and let me know how it works for you.

I use darkstar training schedule , but for my forwards tylerbode has a schdule designed for his Pirahna tactic so i use that.

The strikers should have the same attributes as in the Tylerbode tactic, also its great if they have good long shot, passing, creativity stats.

For the MC players i use players that can also play AMC, players with good passing, dribbling, long shots, creativity. I use Matias Fernandez and Diego and this works well. Anderson also seems to perform well here.

Two matches in with Ipswich and two wins but the defence concerns me - I've got onouha & Micah Richards who are lightning quick but still conceded 5 goals in two games, both won out scoring the opposition, but both teams were relatively mediocre.

Le Mans 3 Ipswich 5 (UEFA cup)

Blackburn 2 Ipswich 3

Maybe I might try this in a few home games but stick to a slightly more conservative approach away from home.

Good results, maybe try taking off fwd arrows on wingbacks, could set one MC to fwd runs mixed. Did you use 1.1 or 1.2?

another question:

we should train both mc´s with the same training regime as the amc (they swap positions) or should we trian the mc´s as mc´s and the amc as an amc??

use Darkstar training schedule mate, there's two midfielder training regimes, one for DMC and one for AMC, MC's should be placed in AMC training.

Archived