Ideas for FMH08

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Forest_Green_Rovers:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mightyowl28:

custom playback isn't possible at the mo.. takes up too much space in the umd I think.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wouldn't take up any space on the UMD. The songs would be existing MP3 tracks on the user's memory stick. The only thing needed to be added to the game would be the capacity to stream the audio from the memory stick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

which takes up space on the UMD

• SI Staff

It isn't lack of space on the UMD its lack of memory on the PSP - a PSP has 32Mb of memory on it of which applications get to use approximately 23Mb (the rest is reserved by Sony for their 'OS').

Custom playback requires buffers of a considerable length which would mean reducing the amount of memory the game uses somehow ..... we're always improving and optimising things so maybe one day, just not promising anything in the short term.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

It isn't lack of space on the UMD its lack of memory on the PSP - a PSP has 32Mb of memory on it of which applications get to use approximately 23Mb (the rest is reserved by Sony for their 'OS').

Custom playback requires buffers of a considerable length which would mean reducing the amount of memory the game uses somehow ..... we're always improving and optimising things so maybe one day, just not promising anything in the short term. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow! I didn't realize Sony was only giving you 23Mb of RAM to play with. I'm impressed with what you have been able to cram into that. As a fellow developer, you have my respect - and my sympathies. icon_smile.gif

If you only have 23Mb, no wonder you don't want to sacrifice any of it to stream audio. I'll just have to buy an iPod.

Thanks for responding to my post. I'm quite imporessed with how involved SI is in this forum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zapislo:

what i don't want is the game to become too complex icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1

Plenty of time-warping complexity in the PC versions icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

Just to add to the intrigue .... I've just about finished implementing one of the suggestions posted here icon_biggrin.gif, but unfortunately I can't indicate what it is at the moment ...

(ie. keep them coming chaps - you're helping shape the future of the game icon_biggrin.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My money is on this one from yegon:

"A compare player screen. I'm aware screen size makes a PC style compare screen virtually impossible, but the facility to switch directly between one players screen and another's would make comparing stats much easier. I imagine it'd be fairly easy to implement too."

icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dung-beetle:

My money is on this one from yegon:

"A compare player screen. I'm aware screen size makes a PC style compare screen virtually impossible, but the facility to switch directly between one players screen and another's would make comparing stats much easier. I imagine it'd be fairly easy to implement too."

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm placing my bet on the suggestion that was made earlier in this forum to show what foot the player favors. I was actually a little surprised to discover it wasn't already in the game.

i just finished a season with Celtic there, in Scotland Celtic and Rangers always play each other twice at Celtic Park and twice at Ibrox, in my game i played them 3 times at Ibrox the last one after the split and i lost and lost the league icon_frown.gif hopefully see this fixed for FMH08, also thte post split fxtures were Saturday, Monday, Wednesday with the scottish cup on the Saturday my players were shattered!

I'd Like to see everything thats in the xbox 360 version of FM. That would be amazing. Plus when i want to search a player it seems to be filtered so that i can only see the more realistic targets. For instance, if i was manchester city i would only be able to see players the are worth no more than £6m, but if i was manchester U****d (which i wouldnt be) then i would probably see players worth over £15-£20m!!! icon_confused.gif

Please give us the option to have full fog of war (only give a general indication of player's ability) so that scouting becomes an essential component and gives us something additional to do in between the transfer windows.

Please try to put the commentary text in the middle of the screen or whack up the font size so that we're not squinting all the time.

Liven up the transfer market so that more teams buy and sell players. Make it easier to offload unwanted players by actually having other clubs make offers for them and let us manually reduce player values so as to make them attractive to other clubs.

Let us move individual players on the tactics screen so that I can play my tried and trusted 4312 formation.

Please don't waste time on a 2D pitch when there are so many other things that could do with working on first.

Definitely more unlockables tied in to achieving things during a long career. It's a great incentive to keep playing even when you seem to have won most things.

1. 2D Pitch (text is someimes unreliable, e.g. Ballack crosses the ball into the box, Senderos heads the ball upfield, Henry caught offside. I sometimes get text like that which confuses me so 2D pitch would be very useful.

2. More options involving transfers e.g. Call back loaned out player, percentage of next sale, amount after appearances/goals, exchange players etc.

3. Be able to change between nations. e.g. Resigning as Man U manager and becoming manager of Barcelona.

4. I'm still finding the editing a pain in the ass to do so it would be nice if that could be made easier.

Also if any of you have played one of the recent LMA managers the stadium editing included is very useful. that would be good to be able to choose how big and what design the stadium is.

i like the idea of stadium creating and i would like a larger player database. When playing in a particular nation, there are so many teams with no players in which really frustrates me. Also i would like you to be able to remember your name when starting a new game instead of tediously writing it out again and i would also like to be able to manage any country or club at one time ie rangers then DC United for example. also unlockables like sugar daddy hould be gone or way harder to unlock

thanx for reading all this rubbish

• 2 weeks later...

I would like:

Reserve team

More Player/Manager/Media interaction

Player Swap Deals

More Bids

More Realistic bid acceptence (i cant buy bently for 10 mil)

A bar that shows the attackin/midfield/defensive capabilities players posses (like in champs manager psp)

Keep international managment...it rules lol icon_smile.gif

1.) Take more care into the game and not rush it. Theres daft things like instead of saying "It's all over now!" the commentators say "That it! It all over now!"

2.) be able to train players into other positions, like in the PC version, and be able to see which foot a player prefers.

3.) Better scout reports

4.) Sackable/Hireable Staff

5.) More in depth coach report, because "Ibrahimovic is a key player at the club already" isn't very helpful. What are his strong points? Weak points? Whats his potential ability compared to my strongest striker? How about his current Ability compared to my strongest striker?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scotisgreat:

... And i would like a larger player database. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? So we get more unrealistic players that dont exist into the game? FMH06 had alot of players, but have you seen some of their stats? IE. A CB with 20 shooting 20 tackling and 20 passing.

Never saw Lothar Matthaus play did you?

His strike rate playing as a sweeper/defender/midfielder was better than most strikers. In his first spell at Bayern he was scoring a goal every other game. At Inter he scored a goal every three games.

But thats one person. What im talking about is when you can make a whole team of brazillians with a budget of 100M and your unbeatable.

AND -> Who cares about the Euro Vase? Why do we need to know that Sevilla has beaten Lazio 2-1 in the Euro Vase 3rd round?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hillbily:

hire and sack staff </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the problem with that is for every staff you add to the database you'd lose a player in his place.

The PSP has limited room for holding that info.

Just to add my 2p:

1) being able to manage across different countries would be great and it always hurts that the barcelona manager can beeat you to a good position but you cant then go for that job. Not sure if its just too much for the PSP but if it can be done that would be great.

2) Keeping it simple!! i love FMH07 because the PC version can sometimes be a bit too much, and as a busy person its great to play on the train or in the evening for a couple of hours and feel like you're actually getting somewhere! I guess the point I'm trying to make is that if adding a new feature would endanger the current gameplay I'd be a little dissapointed, unless its somethign that really enriches the game.

Just my opinion of course..

I think the game's really good as it is. The only different things that I'd like to see are:

1. Pick your own friendlies

2. Manage in a different country, even if it's only the top division in one other country

3. I find the commentary too long on medium speed, but on fast speed it goes too quickly to make snap decisions. I'd like to see the same amount of commentary on medium speed as we get on fast.

4. Personalise the game slightly by being able to give your assistant manager a name

5. Please change the word "withheld" to "withstood" so that rather than having "Woking withheld the pressure" it would say "Woking withstood the pressure"

Thanks

There are some good idea's in this thread. Some, like having a reserve team and such are good idea's, however, I must add something.

Please, please, please don't go overboard on trying to improve the game with chuff like 2D match engines and all of that rubbish. In my humble opinion, the Champ/Footy manager series died after 2001/02 because they took something that was beautiful, addictive and fun and killed it's very essence.

I recently purchased a PSP and FMH and it is the most fun I've had on a footy manager game in ages. Absolutely loved it. I've just ordered the '07 version and the additions, like the editor and the A-League look great.

When you do '08, take some of the bits that are missing from CM 01/02, like part exchanging to make a complete game. Don't go overboard and please don't lose the fun elements of a cracking little game.

Please!

The one thing I really miss about the old classic Championship Managers is the stadium pic when you are playing a match.

I know it doesn't effect the gameplay, and it takes up lots of space, but I felt it used to add to the atmosphere when playing. Sad I know.

I realise that we will never have this again, due to copyright as much as anything, but even if they could let us put our own images into the game.

Also, squad numbers and arranging your own friendlys, please bring these back, they shouldn't be too hard to implement.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridley99:

Marc,

anymore ideas been put into consideration or used yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I've mentioned previously I'm afraid I can't give away information regarding which ideas are/have been implemented and which haven't - I have taken notes on all of them though ... but I will admit that some of the more 'in depth' ones aren't ever likely to happen on FMH just because I want to keep it as fast and fun as possible, realistic yes, but fast also ...

how about changing player contract negotiations by putting minimum release fees or relegation release fees in. Also you could give them incentives when you are trying to sign a foreign player eg buy giving them a house so they can settle in quicker, which means we should have it where players struggle to settle into another country as it happens regularly now.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridley99:

how far away is fmh 08? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite a way - we haven't set a release date for the game yet but suffice to say we're not near 'feature complete*' for the game yet so a release isn't going to be for a while yet ..

*Dev term to indicate that the feature set for a game is 'locked' and static - beyond this point you restrict yourself to bug-fixing and tuning of the engine itself rather than adding in new features.

• SI Staff

how about changing player contract negotiations by putting minimum release fees or relegation release fees in. Also you could give them incentives when you are trying to sign a foreign player eg buy giving them a house so they can settle in quicker, which means we should have it where players struggle to settle into another country as it happens regularly now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen the 'house' approach taken in other games - but it just confused me when I played them.

For instance which is more appealing to a player a 'house' and £1,200/wk or simply £2,000/wk.

Impossible to say really as it depends on the area the house is in, its condition etc. - all things which are impossible to truly know.

As such thats something I've avoided with our games - if you don't mind 'roleplaying' consider that some of the wages you offer (or indeed signing on fee) comes in the form of actual items (ie. house, car, poodle, whatever).

I would like to see an enhanced Action Zones screen which, while during a match, shows not only each third (of the pitch), but also whether possession is focused in the centre, left or right.

This will make it easier to identify if focusing your passing down the wings or through the centre, players are picking up the ball in those positions.

It can also be difficult to know whether the opposition are playing a long ball, direct or short passing game... or is that just me?!

Ta.

One almost Must Have which would make the training-aspect workable to me: graph-screens of attributes to show how the attributes develop over time. Preferably, the attributes should only be graphed over the period that the player is in your squad, including the players you've loaned and excluding players you've loaned to others. At the very least, the graph should only work on the period that a player is out of FoW.

One or two extra training schedules would be nice (I'm forced to lump winger-like players with some other group now), but I realize that no matter how many you include, someone will complain you've created one too few icon_smile.gif

FoW: I'm not sure how it currently works, but if I uncover FoW on a player due to scouting, the attributes should either not update over time (with a note: "scouted last on date") or the FoW should reassert itself. It is strange that if I looked at a player some time ago, I will for the rest of his career know his attributes as they develop.

• SI Staff

In the 'short term' having attribute history is unlikely to be practical simply because its a relatively 'memory hungry' area of the game and will have to wait until I improve the compression of data in other areas further (so yeah I think its a great idea, but probably not next version).

Fow - This does 'revert' slowly over time, the idea is that in the short term the scout keeps 'tabs' on the player via. contacts he made while scouting - but over time unless the relationship is renewed (by another scouting trip or whatever) these will slacken and eventually the players attributes will be hidden again.

i know its been said before but id really like to see other teams bidding for your players and making enquiries as at times it is hard to sell a world class player without taking of a few million in order to off load him. Obviously in reality if a top player became available ther would be a number of top teams after them and they are always enquirying about players.

I think it will boost the game having this aspect in as it will help when finances are low or if your a small team and want to boost your squad by selling one of your better players

• Maybe have a difficult level option for those who want and intense tactic game and the others that don't want to spend too much time on tactics but like to enjoy the game more.

• Let us be able to spend the week wage we get as managers on something.

• Maybe make the finances for lower division clubs more secure cause you end in the red so quick if you don't have a great team that gets promoted.

• Maybe let a club have ''Legends'' in the History thing.

• Keep the simple training Schedules cause the old ones were a pain.

• A 2-d Match engine would kick ass to see goals in a whole different view.

Can't think of anything else atm.

Archived