1999/2000 season in FM

Bobby Melia

This looks good!

One question: How have you done people's PA? Have you done it based on how good they are now, or how good they were rumoured to be back then? I'm guessing the former.

(I.E. nobody predicted Gerrard to be as good as he became, and everyone predicted Joe Cole to be a world-beater, Francis Jeffers the new Michael Owen, etc...)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so was having a little play around with it and it looks pretty good. Found a few suspect things/bugs though:

Some of the ages are way off, southgate is 18 when he should be 28 whilst current players like vargas and rodriguez are their actual ages.

some of the players who are still playing just seem to be like their fm09 selves only younger, kewell, owen, alan smith etc.

Also most importantly when i tried to save it said 'game could not be saved' i then clicked save game and it saved over my last game i was playing which was pretty annoying.

Great Database, must have taken ages so well done! One slight concern is the speed of all the players. T Henry for example has 16 for pace and acelleration. I also did a search and found only 41 players with Pace and accelleration of 17 or above. Other than that I cant see any other problems and this is great fun.

• 2 weeks later...
is this still going??

I can confirm yes it is as I have just downloaded it and started a game. Must admit it feels strange but so real and I guess for the first time I have to play 10 seasons to compare what happens in the game and real life, will Liverpool win a title for example which they aint done. Any news from anyone who's had a few seasons?

Interesting ambitious idea.

But to have really a proper one it needs a real work to it, with many editors. And the database would have to be on FTP or similar so it could be updated all the time. Would be good to use the database from CM3 for comparison. Best would be to have a convertor to convert the data from CM3 to FM09.

If you wanna have it proper the database must also relate to the 2000 football environment. In 2000 money wasnt in England, but teams in Italy (Lazio, Juventus, AC Milan, Inter, Parma) had big budgets and the big Spanish teams were very rich as well. Excluding Man U and Leeds english teams didnt have big bugdets. The owners need to be changed so Man C and Chelsea wont have their foreign sugar daddys.

But there's a problem with the editor IMO, its not good enough for these kind of editing because SI dont wanna risk the game crashing if people are doing a lot of editing. So we cant edit TV money so the English premier league will always be the richest in the long run, kinda annoying. But I think the reputation of the teams should be changed and English league should be made less influential. There's so many things to edit for true realism because the DB is so huge and complex.

Personally I feel that the "superteens" of this time (C. Ronaldo, Messi, Kaka, Rooney etc.) should have -9 or -10 and slightly more CA. In 2000 nobody could calculate from 1-200 how good these guys could get.

But its a great idea and very well edited so far. But with more time and more editors these kinds of database might turn out very very good.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived