The Chelsea thread 2006/07 - Champions

Philip Rolfe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i enjoy people complaining about attacking football. Probably the sort of people that say that arsenal play the best football in the league but still fail to see they've been around 30pts a drift from the lead in the past 3 seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I enjoy people who think that attacking football and winning football are mutually exclusive. Probably the sort of people who fail to see that if we accept this years title is all but United's, 12 out of the last 15 titles have been won by teams playing predominantly attacking, flair football. I'm leaving out Blackburn in '95 and the last two Chelsea wins.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah i know Walrus JT is untouchable..i love him and think he's great but too be fair after the injury he's not been that good..losing too many balls in the air, and not so strong on one on one's as before..should be back to form next year i hope icon14.gif

Won't mention that again icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walrus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by orion318:

Speaking of home created...i know Terry is the natural leader (could see it yesterday on the penalties) but with Alex coming (and if he's as good here as in holland.hopefully it's not just because all the other defenders there suck)..shouldn't the back 2 be carvalho, alex?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I've read that right, and I really think I must not have or still be asleep, BUT YOU'RE SUGGESTING DROPPING JT?????

Fcuk off out of the tread and don't come back if that's the case, as any point you ever make in the future will be worthless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif Awesome reaction. No chance anyone could be better than JT. Ever.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

I enjoy people who think that attacking football and winning football are mutually exclusive. Probably the sort of people who fail to see that if we accept this years title is all but United's, 12 out of the last 15 titles have been won by teams playing predominantly attacking, flair football. I'm leaving out Blackburn in '95 and the last two Chelsea wins. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not mutually exclusive but the reason ManU is going to win the league is mainly cause they were so solid at the back all year and that allows the team to produce attacking football.

ManU's attacking ability this year as mainly been one man Ronaldo, besides him and Scholes no one has had a top notch season in attacking terms for Utd..but Ronaldo's class is enough atm for anyteam to beat just about everyone. icon14.gif

EPL isn't exactly the Eredivisie where you have 5-0 results every week. Consistency at the back is crucial.

But don't let me touch the "total football arsenal" sore spot..i think you play pretty football..just not good enough to win competitions atm icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

he said all year. Conceding 2 at home to Bolton, Reading, and Fulham has cost us the title. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah good point actually. Oh well there's always next year.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

he said all year. Conceding 2 at home to Bolton, Reading, and Fulham has cost us the title. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nail. Head. On. imo.

Whereas, United beat Bolton 4-1, Reading 3-2 and Fulham 5-1. We've had a good season of not slipping up against the poorer teams for a change.

Not all over yet though, boys. But a win against City would pretty much do it for me icon_smile.gif

If Liverpool were to win the CL, the runners up would still be in the group stages. UEFA allocates a space for 9 league champions, 6 runner-ups and the the CL title holders in the initial group pots. If the title holder qualifies as league champ or runner-up, the title holder position is then handed down to the champs of the 10th uefa coefficient country (meaning they then don't have to play a 3rd qualifying round match).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

F**k me orion right up there with the jimmy's of this world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

JFH ftw icon_cool.gif

no, he's scared </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2/10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Hasn't the big news been posted? Sinclair icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What you've loaned him?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walrus:

Cheap Sky forced ploy to get Chelsea fans to watch the game as otherwise we couldn't be arsed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why could you not be arsed anyway?

If Chelsea play, I watch, period.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benoit2:

Cheap Sky forced ploy to get Chelsea fans to watch the game as otherwise we couldn't be arsed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why could you not be arsed anyway?

If Chelsea play, I watch, period. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thoroughly disillusioned with it all after Tuesday nihgt's monotonous tedium. Can't bare to watch us give it up at that place and have sky ******* ovr Ferugson and co every 5 minutes. Would rather wash the car tbh.

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

He's playing and coming on as a sub mean the same thing.

Stop undermining me icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was replying to Walrus, not you, just replied at the same time and unfortunately it looks different icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

So is ballack really injured or is he just scared and faking it because of THIS? icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes how incredibly cool. Our central midfielder is sub-human scum who feels the need to spit in the face of other players. Most misplaced cool smiley ever.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

So is ballack really injured or is he just scared and faking it because of THIS? icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes how incredibly cool. Our central midfielder is sub-human scum who feels the need to spit in the face of other players. Most misplaced cool smiley ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>#

Err he quite clearly does not spit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

Must be confusing that video with the one that looks exactly the same and is of Fabregas spitting at Ballack. Sorry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he spat of Ballack dont you think the ref/Uefa would have done something about it?

Yes how incredibly cool. Our central midfielder is sub-human scum who feels the need to spit in the face of other players. Most misplaced cool smiley ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>#

Err he quite clearly does not spit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you blind icon_eek.gif

Dirty little twat that Fabregas

He quite clearly swears at hit and what ever comes out of his mouth is just spray. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you for real - Ballack clearly flinches as the phlegm shoots into his face.

Worse than Rijkaard spitting at Voller tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jep:

He quite clearly swears at hit and what ever comes out of his mouth is just spray. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you for real - Ballack clearly flinches as the phlegm shoots into his face.

Worse than Rijkaard spitting at Voller tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He flinches because Cesc moves his fact towards him at a high speed. hth

A lot like Vieira on Ruddock actually.

Scott Sinclair and Ben Sahar on the bench as Drogba is injured as well.

Too bad the start of the second half overlaps with the start of the Dutch Cup final, wouldve liked to see either Sinclair or Sahar play.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ubos:

Sell him immediately ffs. I am angry icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You think we could get any money for him? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benoit2:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ubos:

Sell him immediately ffs. I am angry icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You think we could get any money for him? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is terrible ffs. Only decent performance was against Barca but his usual defending is so rough and untidy that he is always likely to give away a penalty. I would pay money to get him off the team icon_mad.gif

We did well for 10 against 11, could possibly have won if the **** didn't get himself sent off. Bridge, Joe Cole, Kalou all did well. Well wp Man U, we just didn't do well this season. Hope we get a result against Man U at the Bridge to end the season on a high at least.

Ah well, the FA Cup final too \o/

think weve been the best team this season but if you lot had won it, after i had killed myself i would have appreciated the fact ive never seen a team that simply refuses to say die to the degree chelsea have. whatever sort of mentality mourinho has imbued in the team almost defies belief.

amazing season, well done.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

think weve been the best team this season but if you lot had won it, after i had killed myself i would have appreciated the fact ive never seen a team that simply refuses to say die to the degree chelsea have. whatever sort of mentality mourinho has imbued in the team almost defies belief.

amazing season, well done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have to agree with you there. The tons of late goals and fighting spirit is amazing, even with lots of injuries to key players and big stars constantly underperforming. Managed to keep it till the last games of the season before we concede the title, credit to Mourinho.

Though, I would really love to see nicer football with the stars that we have, no more "boring, boring Chelsea" please icon_frown.gif

Archived