4-4-2 formation (the one that saw Keirrison score 125 goals)

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a couple of PPM's for Keirrison, Shoots from distance, Places shots, Likes to try to beat offside trap and like to lob keeper. Add in competent at MC and competent at DC.

no didnt tweak any part of the tactic.ive been given 32.5m to spend this season so looking for some top players mainly in midfield already signed michael kightly for 2.7m from wolves.looking at mattock ,beevers and delph all are -9 potential and can probably pick them all up for 5m.any tips sant001 what to to look for in my centre mids.

Jamie O'hara did well in CM for me for a couple of seasons in the more defensive slot on the RCM position. Ideally though you want passing 18+, technique 15+, tackling 15+, work rate 15+, pace 13+, strength 13+, first touch 15+, creativity 15+, long shots 13+. Obviously you need your players to be good all around, pacey, strong, can pass well etc etc. It's really hard to find players for the central midfield role, I've got a pair of regens in the middle for me so not any players I can mention first hand.

I think van der vaart and O'hara would work quite well in the middle. O'hara could easily be replaced by many others though.

I had to strip some players of creative freedom because they were usually drifting all over the place and not performing their duties properly. Those settings were first put in place with a second season Stoke team with Rory Delap & Salif Diao in the middle, with various other players around the team who weren't exactly world class lol. This year though I've had nothing but bad experiences with giving players creative freedom, if it doesn't work tweak and feel free to report back if its good I'll stick it up top for people to download alongside the others.

My save was started on 9.1.0 being used with the 9.2.0 update. It worked before the update fine and still seems to work fine for me with no real noticable differences.

The one noticable one is that there is a reduced amount of balls being played up by the keeper which the targetman heads on and get a goal from.

For the guy who was concerned about the defensive side of this formation, replacing O'hara in the middle, and getting a new CB and GK have seen my team concede far less goals. So it seems this formation is better defensively than I first expected lol.

Right, I've just completed another season with this tactic. The main striker (Keirrison) finished the season with 149 goals in all competitions.

Here's the assists figures for the team:

Main Striker: 12

Targetman: 36

Attacking MC: 24

Defensive MC: 31

Left Winger: 33

Right Winger: 17 (not got an out and out right winger in the team)

Defender Left: 10

Defender Right: 9

Overall the team scored 206 goals in 63 games. A couple of people have said the formation has some problems away, so if anyone has any input it'd be appreciated.

Got a couple of PPM's for Keirrison, Shoots from distance, Places shots, Likes to try to beat offside trap and like to lob keeper. Add in competent at MC and competent at DC.

Just noticed the "Competent at DC on this. If he is a striker why would you train him for DC? Is this a trick I have missed to raise his stats i.e heading, artificially?

Guest lulubandulu
i don't mean to cut you down but training kerrs in those other positions is essentially cheating, artificially increasing his stats all round etc. if you're happy with it then fair enough. seem to be having some success in any case.

Are you calling John O'shea a cheat then?

So is re-training players to competent in multiple positions across the field cheating ? Is it game breaking in the sense that it can beat the match engine by making super total football players ?

Why is it cheating iamjerome ? Id like to hear more responses on this, because the results of doing it are clearly not realistic.

I read about it on these forums, and was curious so naturally I tried it. So I just did it with Keirrison, and this is how he turned out under it. I've not got access to the comp with my Stoke save for the next couple of days, so I will put it up then. I've not done it with other players, I did it purely out of interest to see whether it worked or not, but a couple other people have had good success with it, and at the end of the day he still has to put the ball in the net.

Replaced another weak link in my back line now though and my team is much more resolute and less prone to conceding. With this formation I've managed to beat Spain, Portugal and draw with Brazil (the irony is that Keirrison was the only reason I didn't beat them) and a couple other teams with better players just by having a targetman, pacey striker combo upfront with Switzerland.

I don't tend to use any, if you're using it with a weaker team obviously some like closing down opposition strikers may be worthwhile deploying, I'm never too sure what to use with opposition instructions which is why I avoided it.

amazing tactic for portsmouth in 1st season, defoe is knockin them in left right and centre!!

with razvan rat patrolling the left wing & santon down the right, and moutinho the attacking midfeilder and pogrebnyak as big striker and defoe as fast striker!!

(if anyone is wondering how i got them in first season, lmao there all over 24months :p)

Ok this was quite the shock to see, keirisson scoring all those goals. He's not a great player in my game, have you used some in-game editor to modify him? I ave also been trying to use a target player and a pacey striker in my game. The players are good enough, both being around 1.90 cm with good all around stats and with +17 in all their physical attributes (Both having 20 in accelaration). The thing is that my target scores more then his partner even though his partner is my star striker. Could you post the personal instructions on your strikers.

The personal instructions come with the tactic, the players rotate, so if the bigger, stronger player is a better finisher or has any of these higher: composure, bravery, determination, creativity, technique, first touch and a couple others. If they both have similar physical attributes then it will come down to mental and technical for the difference in who scores the goals. Keirrison has poor heading/jumping etc on my game so he's simply not cut out for the targetman role which probably results in the targetman passing more back to him.

Also, PPM's make a difference, my pacey striker has a few like try to beat offside trap, which means even when he drops deeper because of switching positions, he still will at times be playing on the last man.

With Keirrison I did read a thread about attribute weighting, and the training to DC and MC in competent helping players, so I did it and it's hard to tell what differences its made but I presume its made some, I haven't done it with any other players I just wanted to see what it would do with a young player, and he was my only one at the time.

And I'm glad its working well for you Tys, how far in are you?

No clue, he's been injured recently so a few of his stats have taken a bit of a knock (had a 3 month injury through the summer) as I have said before, with Keirrison I tried that attribute weighting thing, and it did transform how his stats developed. That was purely out of curiosity to see what it was all about, and haven't done it with other players since.

Had a quick look, and during the summer he lost 2 points of acceleration, 1 point of pace and 1 technique.

I've just started a game with Leeds using this tactic (with the name, I presume you probably have a save somewhere as leeds lol) got wins so far over southend, leyton orient, notts county and plymouth as well as a draw with leicester when playing with 10 men for most the match. Obviously not far in yet, but it seems to be going reasonably well, as it did with AFC Wimbledon. Beckford works reasonably well in this tactic, Beccio isn't doing a good job in the targetman role though, but I already spent the 100k budget on a nigerian striker who is just back from the olympics.

I've just started a game with Leeds using this tactic (with the name, I presume you probably have a save somewhere as leeds lol) got wins so far over southend, leyton orient, notts county and plymouth as well as a draw with leicester when playing with 10 men for most the match. Obviously not far in yet, but it seems to be going reasonably well, as it did with AFC Wimbledon. Beckford works reasonably well in this tactic, Beccio isn't doing a good job in the targetman role though, but I already spent the 100k budget on a nigerian striker who is just back from the olympics.

Yeah I've got a save started, not far into it though. I might try it with this tactic. See how it goes. Do you ever make any tweaks using this formation?

I would recommend playing Showunmi as the other striker as he has good pace (I notice this tactic doesn't have the wingers crossing so a targetman without pace wouldn't be very good.)

I set crossing to rarely because they still cross quite often, its just I noticed, when it was set to often or in the middle, they crossed far too often when there were better options available, like a short pass to a player who's breaking through. I thought about Showunmi, but his other stats are dire, he has poor off the ball, passing, technique, first touch, work rate etc. Meaning he wouldn't be too great, I'm hoping to pick someone decent up on loan or free if I can.

And Keirrison once he gets back fit on all cylinders won't be too different from what you put up. I don't know his hidden stats as I don't have genie scout that I take it what you use.

I just noticed Kandol at loan at millwall (he scored 2 past me, then I realised he was on loan there from leeds lol) and he seems like he could fit the role quite well. Just need to get him back from them and I think he'd do the job for the first season in the championship if I get promoted.

Just wondering, is Keirrison PA random?

I used FMRTE to take a look at his PA and its only

I then input in Santy001's Keirrison stats in and made him an accomplished defender and midfielder.

Additionally, I made him fulfill his potential, so this means that his current ability is at its max.

However, as his potential ability is quite low, the stats dropped as it could not support the large amount of attributes he has.

Maybe it is his preferred foot. I have seen from my saved games that players might develop into being more proficient with their weaker foot, hence the attributes do not increase as much.

Still good job in the tactic. I doubt I can get a player with 20 for all attributes to score 125 goals!

That potential is different to the one I put up. I am am guessing he has a minus for his potential in the pre-game editor. How do you do the spoiler formatting?

The change in Keirrison's positioning is quite astounding in the different screenshots(I should've really blocked out his hidden stats in the screenshot).

EDIT: I just checked his PA in the pre-game editor and it is not random and it is different to the one lyw_85 put up.. ???

It must mean making him efficient in playing other positions has made his attributes increase/change to the ones shown earlier in this thread.

Probably.

My save game is on 9.1 database, so maybe he got an increase in 9.2 database.

Just confirm on the 9.1 database in the pre-game editor that his PA is

Yeah his positioning really increased alot, as well as his jumping.

Btw, to make the spoiler tags, the code is

PA [ /spoiler]. Remember to remove the space before the /! :)

Probably.

My save game is on 9.1 database, so maybe he got an increase in 9.2 database.

Just confirm on the 9.1 database in the pre-game editor that his PA is

Yeah his positioning really increased alot, as well as his jumping.

Btw, to make the spoiler tags, the code is

PA [ /spoiler]. Remember to remove the space before the /! :)

That'll explain it :)

thanks lol

Lyw, apparently taking them to accomplished in these positions is going too far, because it then affects the natural ones. Keirrison is competent at DC and MC, not accomplished. Not sure what difference that makes, I just followed the instructions in the thread to a tee.

Also, PPM's make a bit of difference to how players play I can't remember all of what Keirrison has, but he has the one to try and beat the offside trap, and place shots & power shots that I can remember.

Anyway, with my leeds game now, played 9, won 7 drawn 2. Andewlae Sunday Amusan is a Nigerian I bought after the Olympics and he's doing incredibly well.

Lyw, apparently taking them to accomplished in these positions is going too far, because it then affects the natural ones. Keirrison is competent at DC and MC, not accomplished. Not sure what difference that makes, I just followed the instructions in the thread to a tee.

Also, PPM's make a bit of difference to how players play I can't remember all of what Keirrison has, but he has the one to try and beat the offside trap, and place shots & power shots that I can remember.

Ok, will change to competent to see how it goes.

Btw, how did you get him to learn place shots and power shots?

From what I know, you can't have both.

You can only learn 1 and if the player already had 1, they won't be able to learn the other as it won't be listed in the Learn PPMs list.

Oh, maybe he doesn't have both, I told him to learn 1 then the other, and just presumed he now had them both lol. I'll have to check if he does have them or not next time I load up my Stoke game, just destroyed Crystal Palace with Leeds using my tactic, it's going far better with Beckford and Amusan upfront than Beccio and Amusan/Beckford.

Also, dunno if I mentioned it or not, but with constant improvements to my team over time, my stoke side scored 125 league goals, and Keirrison managed 149 in all competitions. He's 26/27 now, so he should be at his peak in 12 - 18 months time, so then it will be a display of how great he can become.

Looked around a fair bit and couldn't find the topics that elaborate upon it fully, maybe bringing it up on the general discussion board would see someone point you in the right way.

Getting him learning the right PPM's will help a lot, if you tell him to try to break the offside trap it should make him a lot more effective as he will play on the last defender a lot more. It also depends who you've got as the targetman alongside, it's very rare in my experience that Keirrison will go round several defenders then score, so the other players need to do that or take them out of the equation.

Archived