4-4-2 formation (the one that saw Keirrison score 125 goals)

Cheers for the reply Santy, hows Kerrison doing or is it Stones now? Is the tactic on the first page the latest one? If not would you mind sharing your latest?

Oh, i have this guy already, any good as a left striker then i can play Ahmed as the target man? Been playing the guy below on the right and Ahmed on the left as i want Ahmed to be the top scorer..

71583637.pngw1088.png

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.filefront.com/14315217/Four-Four-Two%20for%20Stoke%20test%20%28Stoke%2C%20Nov%202022%29.tac

Is the one that is currently being tested, last season it saw my side the most they have ever managed, with an average goals per game somewhere between 5 - 6 I never took a screenshot at the end of the season, and the league table finished

lastseason.jpg

Keirrison is 34 near enough now, and has been moved to the right hand side to help accomodate his declining pace where both play further up the pitch now. Stones is beginning to take the mantle of being the main striker, although Keirrison seemed to have a final swansong last year scoring 202 goals (170 for Stoke, 32 for Brazil) in a season.

I don't ticket the targetman box, because when I did some players went to the targetman rather than the pacey player with their passes which meant good opportunities were sometimes wasted. The save is pretty big as well so I've never got round to uploading it yet, last time I tried after 5/6 hours it still wasn't done when the time comes that I get enough free time on the pc to do it I'll upload it.

I dont get it, how the hell are you able to score so many goals in the premier league. I have been testing out your tactic on international level as croatia. I just played a match vs finland and we scored one goal but finland was the better team, they could easely score 3 goals. I understand that the players need to get used to it but i should see some improvement with your tactic. What am i missing here?

Training, team talks, coaches, preferred/disliked personnel, player preferred moves,the right players for it, settling in time, team gelling; these all affect how well your players will adjust to the tactic, remember at international level - your players rarely train together, you don't get to set their training schedule or anything which is of paramount importance to getting it work right.

Haruna, as for downloading the tactic, there's a few links here (if these don't work, let me know a site that works for you, and I'll upload it there) and then put it in:

My Documents > Sports Interactive > FM2009 > Tactics

Training, team talks, coaches, preferred/disliked personnel, player preferred moves,the right players for it, settling in time, team gelling; these all affect how well your players will adjust to the tactic, remember at international level - your players rarely train together, you don't get to set their training schedule or anything which is of paramount importance to getting it work right.

Haruna, as for downloading the tactic, there's a few links here (if these don't work, let me know a site that works for you, and I'll upload it there) and then put it in:

My Documents > Sports Interactive > FM2009 > Tactics

Hmmmm i think this is most effective in the 9.2 patch carried on to 9.3. Would be amazing if you were getting those results from a completly new game in 9.3. :) I guess Si somehow iron out successful tactic working in later versions i.e patches of the game.

It still works really quite well in 9.3 but never on this level of prolific goalscoring, for a relegation contention stoke side, I was still getting the player in the left striker role getting a good 2 goals per game ratio most of the time. The team I've got has very slow, gradual changes and works together for many years, as well as in a deteriorating premiership, all the factors add up to insane scoring lol.

22 scouts, covering regions continually, with a couple being general world roaming scouts and some u18 scouts. That and a lot of investment in buying and developing youngsters, in another thread a few days ago out of all the youngsters I've bought it only worked out not that many made the grade.

Currently I have 9 players who are being developed, but currently the record stands at:

16 Successes, for myself or have gone on to another big club.

41 Fails players who never grew to their potential and were either reserve players for a long time before moving on or just instantly began to go down the divisions.

Out of the current 9, I'm very confident 3 will be around at the club for a very long time, 2 have almost already made the full-grade. Then there's another 2 who could go either way at the moment, and then the other 4 its beginning to look like won't make the grade. The current 9 came at a cost of about 10.5m but my internal club development is disgusting really only 1 player has looked capable of making the grade and is making it. There has been one other who's gone on to play in the premiership regularly but thats it.

I've just started using this for my ALL english arsenal side. I already had a pretty standard 4-4-2 that was working well but who can resist the sound of potentially the amount of goals this tactis creates.

Anyway, played 5 games with it, won them all, and allthough not scored masses of goals (12), I haven't conceded a single goal, which is very nice!

Any updates on how its going mark? It may be that you will need to tweak it slightly with a deeper defensive line against other big teams if your defenders aren't that fast, the vast majority of teams will sit back against you and a side countering a defense so far up the pitch could see you get caught out by the likes of Torres lol.

I used the tactic for the rest of the season, and it worked quite well but collapsed a little bit toward the end of season. Strangely though, I couldn't get my strikers scoring, the vast majority of goals came from midfield. I have now created my own 4-2-3-1 for next season which I think fits my players more. Was nice trying it though, cheers.

Odd that your strikers weren't scoring, who did you have up front? Adebayor on the right, and then Arshavin, Eduardo or someone like Vagner Love on the left should have worked quite well.

Archived