The Official AFC Crewe – Journey up the Track Challenge

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to LiberoATTACK who becomes the first player on the leaderboard!

AFC Crewe - Journey Up The Track Leaderboard

Leaderboard.png.9525710e81525eae53fbcea5f790cda4.png

Edited by K13eke

23 hours ago, DOUBLEALPACA said:

Settled in quite nicely and the squad has really found it's rhythm. It's been completely overhauled and I can't complain at all!

Quick heads up for anyone wanting to avoid spending money - I set my scouting range to £0 and on my shortlist I unticked 'Keep Scout Reports up to date' (second screenshot below).

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 22.35.17.png

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 22.38.29.png

Promoted with games to spare! Really happy with the squad - genuinely think this team will cut it next season!

Really loving this save, can't wait to get stuck in to next season!

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 21.58.46.png

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 21.58.52.png

On 24/01/2024 at 13:22, CJWills1991 said:

1st Season Youth Intake

Screenshot 2024-01-24 132058.png

This looks promising!  When you see them make sure you drop a post in here with any stand outs!

2 hours ago, iamdjw said:

Has anyone made any 3d kits for in the match engine using the club kits?

I would also like to know! Does anyone in here have any skills to do this?

AFC Crewe tweeted earlier to say that we can't simulate the games (which is a shame as I was hoping to holiday large parts of the save)

So here I am, joining the party to play the challenge properly!

Screenshot (518).png

Screenshot (517).png

Season 1 complete, walk in the park...

However, none of the players i recruited this season will sign so its basically going to be a restart again for next season, up for the challenge!

End of Season Table.png

2023/2024 Season - Half Way Update

It's extremely impressive seeing the speed some of you are going at with this challenge.  I've got an extremely pedantic FM playing style where I obsess over everything, never holiday and watch all games so my seasons tend to take quite a long time to complete.  I unfortunately won't be anywhere close to being the first to complete this challenge but it is so nice to be enjoying the game again using a club I love.

League Table:

Screenshot2024-01-26133403.thumb.png.f0a787d66efed9e680fb23fa19946ad5.png

We find ourselves top of the league at the half way point of the season but it is extremely close.  I've still not made any transfers in or out, which I believe makes me the only person to do this so far (at least on this thread).  I usually love completing the youth academy challenges that we see on here and I'm also considering going down that route with this one meaning I can only use players from the academy and transfers are banned.

Academy Prospects:

Screenshot2024-01-26122631.png.bd88cb6f540c8ae10d803fafb7554bfd.png

Exciting times ahead - Can't wait to get the U18's team up and running next season.

Board Requests:

Screenshot2024-01-25172656.png.3e6c3cbbb2b39cc805f7bd9a1d2e96cf.png

Increased Junior Coaching - Completed

My persistent requests for coaching badges has been rejected 3 times so far this season which is a bit of a disappointment, however hoping to push for this again before the end of the season.

I would like to thank you all again for taking part in this challenge.  Regardless of the pace you play at, if you're not already a board member at our club, I hope this spikes your interest to read into what AFC Crewe are all about.  Made by fans - For fans.

Updated challenge table to be posted tonight or tomorrow.

1 hour ago, K13eke said:

2023/2024 Season - Half Way Update

It's extremely impressive seeing the speed some of you are going at with this challenge.  I've got an extremely pedantic FM playing style where I obsess over everything, never holiday and watch all games so my seasons tend to take quite a long time to complete.  I unfortunately won't be anywhere close to being the first to complete this challenge but it is so nice to be enjoying the game again using a club I love.

League Table:

Screenshot2024-01-26133403.thumb.png.f0a787d66efed9e680fb23fa19946ad5.png

We find ourselves top of the league at the half way point of the season but it is extremely close.  I've still not made any transfers in or out, which I believe makes me the only person to do this so far (at least on this thread).  I usually love completing the youth academy challenges that we see on here and I'm also considering going down that route with this one meaning I can only use players from the academy and transfers are banned.

Academy Prospects:

Screenshot2024-01-26122631.png.bd88cb6f540c8ae10d803fafb7554bfd.png

Exciting times ahead - Can't wait to get the U18's team up and running next season.

Board Requests:

Screenshot2024-01-25172656.png.3e6c3cbbb2b39cc805f7bd9a1d2e96cf.png

Increased Junior Coaching - Completed

My persistent requests for coaching badges has been rejected 3 times so far this season which is a bit of a disappointment, however hoping to push for this again before the end of the season.

I would like to thank you all again for taking part in this challenge.  Regardless of the pace you play at, if you're not already a board member at our club, I hope this spikes your interest to read into what AFC Crewe are all about.  Made by fans - For fans.

Updated challenge table to be posted tonight or tomorrow.

I love that approach to be honest. I watch all games on either Extended or Key highlights - switch to Extended when I start a bad run of results haha!

I've found I've had a quiet week or so at work and working from home means I can rattle through at quite a pace, but I think at some point I'll stagnate a bit and slow the pace down. It's my favourite save on FM in a LONG time. I'm really invested in the club and the players (which makes it devastating when players leave!) 

Have attached a look at the current squad as I sit atop the Staffordshire County Senior League Premier Division at the half way stage - you'll notice I still have a good number of players on amateur deals and have dipped in the loan market as I'm trying to be as smart with the finances as possible to strengthen the long term prospects of the save.

I reckon the next league up will see me have to start tying down players onto Semi-Pro contracts... in the meantime I'll keep asking and getting rejected for a Senior Affiliate haha!

Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 15.10.56.png

Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 15.10.59.png

35 minutes ago, DinisBlayer said:

How do you finish your seasons so quickly?

People are probably doing a mixture of things. Some will holiday, some will instant result, and some will play each and every game

On 25/01/2024 at 06:41, ZaaraZack said:

1st season over 

Champions 

Ready for next season,  Back to back championship incoming

image_2024-01-25_064002013.png

crewe s1.JPG

Tough 2nd season.

Barely winning the championship....

hard to cope with players getting poached mid season and getting new players in.

nonetheless back to back championship. definitely goin to struggle in level 10. 

season 2.JPG

season 2 stats.JPG

7 minutes ago, MHawkins78 said:

Any way to stop spending £1400 scouting a month?

I’ve sacked my entire recruitment team but still it comes out lol 

It's to do with your scouting package. If you go into the scouting tab, near the top you'll see an option for scouting package. You can click on this and amend it as required.

7 minutes ago, MHawkins78 said:

Any way to stop spending £1400 scouting a month?

I’ve sacked my entire recruitment team but still it comes out lol 

If you set your Scouting Range to £0, then go to your Shortlist and untick 'Keep Scout Reports up to Date' it'll stop spending on scouting.