The Official AFC Crewe – Journey up the Track Challenge

image.png.12b3b129db9586d759493963329618f9.png

Hello & welcome to the first ever Official AFC Crewe – Journey up the track challenge.

The History:

In June 2022, just a month after Nufan was founded, board members chose AFC Crewe as the club they’d like to take over. The rest, as they say, is history.  After agreeing a deal with the former chairman, AFC Crewe became 100% community owned with every single paying board member owning one equal share each in the club. That’s when the hard work began.

AFC Crewe finished bottom of the 14th level of English football in the 21/22 season. Some say you could have described us as the worst club in England with just one win all season. A major squad overhaul was needed for the club to challenge for a title in its second campaign in the Crewe & District League.

The newly assembled team got off to an unbeaten start in our league and cup campaigns in the 2022/2023 season.  Standards immediately rose and AFC Crewe went on to comfortably win the Crewe & District Premier League with an impressive 49 points, 12 clear of closest challengers Bollington Health & Leisure. In the background, club leadership had been working hard to get AFC Crewe inducted into the actual English Football League pyramid to build off the back of the club’s first ever title win.

After being rejected by the Cheshire FA, on what the board felt was a minor technicality, we were welcomed with open arms by the Staffordshire FA, and were immediately awarded a double promotion into Staffordshire Senior Division 1, where AFC Crewe will be plying their trade in the 23/24 season.

AFC Crewe is only going one way and it’s your job to take them there!

The Aim:

The aim of this challenge is to take AFC Crewe up the leagues, winning as many trophies as possible, collecting points along the way.  You complete the challenge by winning the Premier League & Champions League (Does not have to be in the same season).

Set Up:

You will need to download the English Lower League Database that has been created by DanFMDatabases.  Dan has put incredible amounts of time and effort in to creating this database & has kindly added our very own AFC Crewe stars into the game.  You can download the database here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3117736577&searchtext=Level+13

In-Game Editor isn’t permitted during the challenge, however if it hasn't already completed in the database update, you are fine to use the pre-game editor to move us to a ground share at Wood Park & amend our club finances to match the figure in the bank at the start of the 23/24 season (This will be disclosed in the club Discord).  Cosmetic updates are also permitted e.g. kit, badge etc.

You can load as many countries & leagues as you want when starting the game and it’s your preference what type of mode you want to select. 

Your manager must start with the lowest possible qualifications and Sunday league footballer playing experience – You grow as the club grows!

All other advanced options such as adding players to playable teams, attribute masking and adding key staff members are allowed.

Full T&C's for the competition for a place on the AFC Crewe board can be found here: https://www.afccrewe.com/club-information/fm24-own-a-club-share-competition-tcs?fbclid=PAAabvOmSmr9BbpuGzo6S5Y997oZmcexSIbqLPIkWjo3lcx9FSIyVn14wHJJg

When you join please post a screenshot of your manager profile.

Point Systems:

Points1.png.a2c1b028be7f157c77f855150a12b5ad.png

Points2.png.5a160e95c665423d5a212b8fddc50baf.png

At the end of each season you can post updates on how it went for you. An example of what I will post would be as follows:

League table

Youth intake & any great youngsters that have come through

Transfers

Finances

Any star players

Kit and logo link:

AFC_Crewe_FM.zip

Good Luck!

Leader board:

Leaderboard08_04.png.4fef30639713d1454d2a111063486105.png

Edited by K13eke
Further Updates

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

So it begins...

I've started the game loading leagues from England (level 12 & above), Wales (Level 8 & above) & New Zealand (down to regional level) as I've enjoyed saves in all of those countries over the years.

Players have been added to playable teams, however I've chosen not to add key staff members.

The pre-game edits have allowed me to match our budget from the start of the 23/24 season, moved Gary Taylor-Fletcher our manager to director of football and added our chairman.

The club starts with poor training & youth facilities, no youth players, 0 youth level, basic academy coaching and limited youth recruitment.  This is going to be a challenge to not only take the club up the leagues but to grow the club as a whole.

The aim for the season - Is promotion, however the board and fans would be happy for us to attempt to avoid relegation.

The database has all of our real players in the game, however the attributes and stats are not accurate.  With that being said, I'll be aiming to not dip into the transfer market during the first season and use what we have.

Screenshot 2024-01-07 195325.png

Screenshot 2024-01-08 205228.png

Edited by K13eke

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, DOUBLEALPACA said:

Just loaded this up - can't wait to get stuck in.

Any idea if there are any Kitpacks for AFC Crewe!?

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 12.38.54.png

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 12.38.56.png

Welcome Aboard!

There are! Are you in the club discord by any chance or is this something that you've seen online today? There was a basic kit and logo packs posted in the Discord under the 'FM' page.

If you're not in there, let me know and I'll see if I can send it to you.

Welcome aboard all!

I've only just now got around to editing the top post, however feel free to post updates as you go along with your save.

At the end of every season I'll be posting a summary of everything that's happened that year.

Once the first person gets promoted, the league table will go live.

1 hour ago, K13eke said:

Welcome Aboard!

There are! Are you in the club discord by any chance or is this something that you've seen online today? There was a basic kit and logo packs posted in the Discord under the 'FM' page.

If you're not in there, let me know and I'll see if I can send it to you.

Hi mate

I'm not in the Discord no - I saw this online today. Would appreciate if you can swing em across!

22 minutes ago, Steelwood said:

I assume most of us are here because of the post that AFC Crewe made earlier, but are there any specific ground rules for this or is it essentially a free-for-all?

This is effectively different to the competition that was advertised today however they do link in quite nicely and a good way of tracking progress in a public way.

I'm a board member at AFC Crewe and it's available for everyone! We'd love our club to get out there as much as possible.

The main ground rules for this specific challenge are in the initial pinned post, but ideally for both challenges/competitions we'd like you to play in good spirit e.g. no save scumming, no use of the editor etc.

20 minutes ago, DOUBLEALPACA said:

Hi mate

I'm not in the Discord no - I saw this online today. Would appreciate if you can swing em across!

I've just attached the kit and logo to the bottom of the pinned post. If there are any issues with it please let me know.

AFC_Crewe_FM.zip

15 minutes ago, DinisBlayer said:

Is there logo and kits for AFC Crewe? Oh and btw I only see 12 players in my squad

I've just attached the kit and logo to the pinned post. Any issues with it please let me know.

With the players - Have you downloaded the very latest update from DanFMUpdates database? If yes, head to your reserve team/U21 team etc. For some reason the players seem to end up there.

The database has all of our actual players in it.

13 minutos atrás, K13eke disse:

I've just attached the kit and logo to the pinned post. Any issues with it please let me know.

With the players - Have you downloaded the very latest update from DanFMUpdates database? If yes, head to your reserve team/U21 team etc. For some reason the players seem to end up there.

The database has all of our actual players in it.

Thank you and one more thing: is it possible to add face to the real players of AFC Crewe's team and the real staff members?

Edited by DinisBlayer

10 minutes ago, K13eke said:

This is effectively different to the competition that was advertised today however they do link in quite nicely and a good way of tracking progress in a public way.

I'm a board member at AFC Crewe and it's available for everyone! We'd love our club to get out there as much as possible.

The main ground rules for this specific challenge are in the initial pinned post, but ideally for both challenges/competitions we'd like you to play in good spirit e.g. no save scumming, no use of the editor etc.

Fabulous thank you. So would you recommend keeping track of progress here and then contacting AFC Crewe themselves when the challenge is complete?

5 minutes ago, DinisBlayer said:

Thank you and one more thing: is it possible to add face to the real players of AFC Crewe's team and the real staff members?

There is, however we don't have the pictures at the moment. It's something that I could bring up to the board though and hopefully we have somebody who is able to create them.

1 minuto atrás, K13eke disse:

There is, however we don't have the pictures at the moment. It's something that I could bring up to the board though and hopefully we have somebody who is able to create them.

Ok thanks but logo and kits are not appearing in my game. What should I do? The steps to work

5 minutes ago, Steelwood said:

Fabulous thank you. So would you recommend keeping track of progress here and then contacting AFC Crewe themselves when the challenge is complete?

I would probably treat them separately to be honest, 100% contact the club directly if you win the competition that was advertised today, however this is something a little separate. It's a chance to see how some others are getting on and have a chat with other people who are attempting to complete it.

It may be nice to look back on your progress here etc.

13 minutes ago, DinisBlayer said:

Ok thanks but logo and kits are not appearing in my game. What should I do? The steps to work

Not sure if you've done so already but:

Download your kit pack of choice and extract the files.

Open one File Explorer instance and navigate to Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2024.

Create a ‘graphics’ folder and an ‘editor data’ folder in here if they don’t exist already.

Open a second File Explorer instance and find the kit pack you have just downloaded.

Within, there should be a ‘graphics’ and an ‘editor data’ folder.

Copy the contents from these folders across to Football Manager 2024/graphics and Football Manager 2024/editor data respectively.

Boot up Football Manager 2024 and navigate to Preferences.

Click on Advanced, then Interface.

Under the Skin heading, ensure the following:

“Use caching to decrease page loading times” must be unticked.

“Reload skin when confirming changes in Preferences” must be ticked.

Click Reload Skin at the bottom.

15 minutos atrás, K13eke disse:

Não tenho certeza se você já fez isso, mas:

Baixe o pacote de kit de sua preferência e extraia os arquivos.

Abra uma instância do File Explorer e navegue até Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2024.

Crie uma pasta 'gráficos' e uma pasta 'dados do editor' aqui, se ainda não existirem.

Abra uma segunda instância do File Explorer e encontre o pacote de kit que você acabou de baixar.

Dentro, deve haver uma pasta ‘gráficos’ e uma pasta ‘dados do editor’.

Copie o conteúdo dessas pastas para Football Manager 2024/graphics e Football Manager 2024/editor data, respectivamente.

Inicialize o Football Manager 2024 e navegue até Preferências.

Clique em Avançado e depois em Interface.

No título Pele, certifique-se do seguinte:

“Usar cache para diminuir o tempo de carregamento da página” deve ser desmarcado.

“Recarregar skin ao confirmar alterações nas Preferências” deve ser marcado.

Clique em Recarregar skin na parte inferior.

The ID is different

image.png.e4ade3649175959c0f073ee100abbd02.pngimage.png.4dba6cda64db2d96160947ccd8bd8833.png

That's pre-season out of the way.  A very intense one, but I'm using a fast paced 4-1-4-1 formation that requires a lot of tactical knowledge and high fitness levels that are probably unsuitable for players at this level.  They needed to get up to speed as quick as possible!

As mentioned - I'm opting against making any transfers this season, and will be using the current squad.  It's something that I tend to do a lot on Football Manager, before making any required changes the following season.

All of my staff positions are now filled and players have started re-training to fit my tactics.

Screenshot2024-01-21165950.png.9222e352e7de11dbeb390a71540c715f.png

The first game of the season was against Keele University.  We started very brightly but Ross Avies got himself off near the end of the first half which completely changed the game.  We ended up losing 2-1 (despite the screenshot stating that we won the game), however there were a lot of positives to take from the game especially going forward:

Screenshot2024-01-21173034.png.8f1aea927462b2f9ac7b5a02109964e7.png

The next time I post will be at the halfway point of the season.

Finally - A Warm Welcome to everyone who has joined the challenge!

Let's go, after many success with Fiorentina this year (3x Italian Cup (2026/27, 2028/29, 2032/33) 1x UEFA Europa League (2026/27) 1x EURO/SAM Club Challenge (2027/28) 3x Serie A (2027/28, 2028/29, 2029/30) 2x Italian Super Cup (2030/31, 2031/32) 1x Club World Cup (2033) Italian National Team: 1x Nations League (2031) 1x European Championship (2032) ) Time to start a new challenge

Screenshot 2024-01-21 234128.png

Screenshot 2024-01-21 234153.png

On 20/12/2023 at 16:02, K13eke said:

Hello & welcome to the first ever Official AFC Crewe – Journey up the track challenge.

The History:

In June 2022, just a month after Nufan was founded, board members chose AFC Crewe as the club they’d like to take over. The rest, as they say, is history.  After agreeing a deal with the former chairman, AFC Crewe became 100% community owned with every single paying board member owning one equal share each in the club. That’s when the hard work began.

AFC Crewe finished bottom of the 14th level of English football in the 21/22 season. Some say you could have described us as the worst club in England with just one win all season. A major squad overhaul was needed for the club to challenge for a title in its second campaign in the Crewe & District League.

The newly assembled team got off to an unbeaten start in our league and cup campaigns in the 2022/2023 season.  Standards immediately rose and AFC Crewe went on to comfortably win the Crewe & District Premier League with an impressive 49 points, 12 clear of closest challengers Bollington Health & Leisure. In the background, club leadership had been working hard to get AFC Crewe inducted into the actual English Football League pyramid to build off the back of the club’s first ever title win.

After being rejected by the Cheshire FA, on what the board felt was a minor technicality, we were welcomed with open arms by the Staffordshire FA, and were immediately awarded a double promotion into Staffordshire Senior Division 1, where AFC Crewe will be plying their trade in the 23/24 season.

The Aim:

The aim of this challenge is to take AFC Crewe up the leagues, winning as many trophies as possible, collecting points along the way.  You complete the challenge by winning the Premier League & Champions League (Does not have to be in the same season).

Set Up:

You will need to download the English Lower League Database that has been created by DanFMDatabases.  Dan has put incredible amounts of time and effort in to creating this database & has kindly added our very own AFC Crewe stars into the game.  You can download the database here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3117736577&searchtext=Level+13

In-Game Editor isn’t permitted during the challenge, however if it hasn't already completed in the database update, you are fine to use the pre-game editor to move us to a ground share at Wood Park & amend our club finances to match the figure in the bank at the start of the 23/24 season (This will be disclosed in the club Discord).  Cosmetic updates are also permitted e.g. kit, badge etc.

You can load as many countries & leagues as you want when starting the game and it’s your preference what type of mode you want to select. 

Your manager must start with the lowest possible qualifications and Sunday league footballer playing experience – You grow as the club grows!

All other advanced options such as adding players to playable teams, attribute masking and adding key staff members are allowed.

Point Systems:

image.png.f580ace035d08fbc3ed3ccdd53df83cf.png

At the end of each season you can post updates on how it went for you. An example of what I will post would be as follows:

League table

Transfers

Finances

Any star players

Kit and logo link:

AFC_Crewe_FM.zip 500.73 kB · 22 downloads

Good Luck!

2024-01-22.thumb.png.6448850e5547661038cf29145e3c70ea.png

Just started up the challenge, looks a good one. Decided to just start from where the club are at on the download and not adjust the budget etc. Ill be posting a lot of updates and videos on TikTok the name is FMWelshDan. Good luck everyone.

On 21/01/2024 at 15:39, DOUBLEALPACA said:

That's worked a treat - thanks a bunch!

No idea how this is gonna go but I'll check back in once I've played a chunk of the season!

Settled in quite nicely and the squad has really found it's rhythm. It's been completely overhauled and I can't complain at all!

Quick heads up for anyone wanting to avoid spending money - I set my scouting range to £0 and on my shortlist I unticked 'Keep Scout Reports up to date' (second screenshot below).

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 22.35.17.png

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 22.38.29.png

I will give this a go, only because I have never managed this low on FM. I will be honest, I don't hold out much hope as my skills are not what they were 10 years ago. I will give it a shot!image.thumb.png.c41a6011a09d61a989805e401f0f6682.png

image.thumb.png.278a4c3811c9731893593f7bc2f0bb43.png

The History:

The Aim:

Set Up:

Point Systems:

League table

Transfers

Finances

Any star players

Kit and logo link:

AFC_Crewe_FM.zip 500.73 kB · 31 downloads

Good Luck!

The History:

The Aim:

Set Up:

Point Systems:

League table

Transfers

Finances

Any star players

Kit and logo link:

AFC_Crewe_FM.zip 500.73 kB · 31 downloads

Good Luck!

E58A15B7-60C1-4E33-ACA3-6358730CE602.thumb.jpeg.d28f6e6c4b214a0ce031de3a5aafcd2d.jpeg