The Official AFC Crewe – Journey up the Track Challenge

Thanks for the update @K13eke, so great to see so many names on there! I suspect I'll be adding more points in Season 2 as it's been much, much easier than Season 1 - I've been able to sign players who are 'leading Level 9' players, meaning Level 11 has been a piece of cake thus far. Sadly none of the original AFC Crewe players have made it except for Sam Marsh, who doesn't make the bench but steps in when injuries strike. Wish more of the squad had been good enough but with the random stats at the start, that was always going to be a tough ask.

Great to see IRL AFC Crewe doing so well too!

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, K13eke said:

Good Evening Everyone.

I've had a busy few days so apologies for the late leader board update.

Here's how things currently stand:

LeaderBoardNew.png.87390413277b6f67726f1ced62878219.png

Both @Mackenie & @CJWills1991 have made it to the football league and sit nicely in League 2.  Mackenie has taken the league by winning the National League but there is an extremely interesting battle brewing here.

Can you all please sense check the above when you read this post please.  Mainly the 'points' section more than the trophies.  Trophies can include anything e.g. League wins, play offs, runner up trophies etc. I'm more concerned with the points but appreciate the fact that if we're going to run this, then we do it properly.  I'm only human so it's inevitable that an odd error will pop in here and there.

We have no confirmed accounts of this challenge being completed yet outside of the SI forum so it's all still to play for.

In the real world AFC Crewe currently sit top of the Staffordshire County Senior League Division 1 and if anyone wants to catch any of the games, every single one is streamed live via the VEO app.  All you have to do is download the app on your phone and search 'AFC Crewe'.

Harsh on CJWills1991 as I got significantly less points in my National League title win. Interesting to see how he deals with the FPP cap aswell.

I've also had to grind a bit harder thanks to missing out on one of the promotions :)

Edited by Mackenie

13 hours ago, K13eke said:

Good Evening Everyone.

I've had a busy few days so apologies for the late leader board update.

Here's how things currently stand:

LeaderBoardNew.png.87390413277b6f67726f1ced62878219.png

Both @Mackenie & @CJWills1991 have made it to the football league and sit nicely in League 2.  Mackenie has taken the league by winning the National League but there is an extremely interesting battle brewing here.

Can you all please sense check the above when you read this post please.  Mainly the 'points' section more than the trophies.  Trophies can include anything e.g. League wins, play offs, runner up trophies etc. I'm more concerned with the points but appreciate the fact that if we're going to run this, then we do it properly.  I'm only human so it's inevitable that an odd error will pop in here and there.

We have no confirmed accounts of this challenge being completed yet outside of the SI forum so it's all still to play for.

In the real world AFC Crewe currently sit top of the Staffordshire County Senior League Division 1 and if anyone wants to catch any of the games, every single one is streamed live via the VEO app.  All you have to do is download the app on your phone and search 'AFC Crewe'.

Congratulations for the SCS1 achievement and for @Mackenie @CJWills1991 @kieran_stutes as our top competitors!

I don't think I'm gonna make it much further -- I am injury prone (typing this while I'm shivering) and amateur in this job LOL (will continue this after the date I would have been promoted at my actual job -- around April)

The supercut will take some time. Up the Railboys!

Edit: picture for the lols https://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/11dxffq/never_knew_the_cold_could_spread_from_one_player/

never-knew-the-cold-could-spread-from-one-player-to-the-v0-1b6r9m423vka1.webp

Edited by aldiyaz

End of 2nd season (Staffordshire County Senior League Premier Div). Top of the league with 86points

Very difficult season as players are all non-contract, so they keep getting poached lol

Season2.thumb.png.3184876c4406dd4669cdedc45898ee83.png

Edited by JC1707
Typo

Season 3:  Champions

Promoted from: Staffordshire County Senior League Division One

Promoted to: Staffordshire County Senior League Premier Division

Standings (Undefeated)

image.thumb.jpeg.4d4565738d4bdba7171c14875eb956d3.jpeg

Schedule

image.thumb.jpeg.8a0c6551c73b602450b9b61e2232aadb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7f97cc6a0022a79a468c0b4101269d67.jpeg

Tactic used

image.thumb.jpeg.4322d4e726f35763b6392c118c094e84.jpeg

Transfers

image.thumb.jpeg.4755869441d670096fc85bb896097272.jpeg

Youth Intake

image.thumb.jpeg.dab225ad6fb050394952632856a55494.jpeg

Finances

image.thumb.jpeg.07ecd3fd867db04875cb98f40334de5f.jpeg

Onto Season 4 now and excited to see what it has in store for me.

Season 6 complete, after the disappointment of losing in the playoffs in Season 5, I replaced the majority of the squad and we managed to win the league relatively comfortably! Looking forward to the next level, finances aren't looking too good though, I need to go on a good run in the FA Cup.

image.thumb.png.a104813f8ecb599cb386fe3d7350604f.png

image.png.5f283e93bc9cc0fe871e3e5f0467015b.png

image.thumb.png.8d9925f92148e2fe4c14529558418653.png

AFC Crewe - Season 5 Summary

Not entirely sure how to summarise season 5 in words, so I reckon this picture will probably do the trick.

Screenshot2024-02-15at10_47_45.thumb.png.5bbdf271dd844afb3ffbecb0ff9e4bf7.png

For context, this was the Northern Premier League Division One West Playoff Semi-Final. Heartbreaking and absolutely gutted. Even worse when the FA 'stayed silent' over my criticsm of the Red Card and the fact there were 4 minutes of added time and both their goals came after that...

Screenshot2024-02-15at10_53_08.thumb.png.69b8916cea453fed00c25b072c67c65b.png

On reflection, coming 2nd in the league was a huge achievement and certainly gives us a platform to build on next season. Regardless of where the board wants us to finish, or where the media expects us to finish I'll be aiming for playoffs again. 

Why you ask? Well...

Screenshot2024-02-15at12_01_09.thumb.png.289e9ba36a715ae5810714b2604623ce.png

That's why. We finished 2nd, with the 2nd lowest salary in the division. Not even a quarter of what the highest spenders in the division are paying. I am confident that if we can hold onto the core of this squad, bring in some new blood and some loanees to sure up the depth, we can certainly push for the playoffs again without having to increase the salary too much.

Financially, we are in a very good spot again having made around £30k profit, benefiting from a couple more good cup runs.

Onto season 6!

Finally at the second attempt we get out of the National league North. It went down to the final game of the season but we did it! 8 seasons down... 5 seasons to go? haha! 

What formation is every rocking? Feel I'm starting to swap and change a lot more often now! 

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 11.02.52.png

Season 10

Proud of my boys, bottom of the table after nearly 10 games with a wage budget of a third of any other team and still a few players on non contracts. Went on a great run and briefly got into the automatic promotion spots before losing out on the playoffs on the final day. Not a bad start to life in the football leagues. 

We also made a bunch of money with the tv rights and solidarity payments coming it at around 3 quarters of a million, promptly investing over 300k in training and youth facilities. We also smashed our average league attendance record getting 1500 fans in every week. Our FFP was increased to a more reasonable 20k a week which is higher than our 15k wage budget. 

May be another year of stabilisation in the football leagues this coming season but we do have some young talents locked into long contracts which is nice.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Edited by Mackenie

5 hours ago, aldiyaz said:

I just noticed that the points for league promotions (champions/play-offs) are gone. Are the points still up for grabs?

I noticed this too, I think the total points rewarded for these can still be found on some comments that quote the points system if that helps?
But will take a bit of searching 

I’m assuming they’ve been accidentally removed from the original but not 100% sure

Edit:

The original was this (just in case you wanted to know)

FEFF6722-11FF-4977-ABF5-95666ACF4735.jpeg.5c27e5efc11dad4d588b2bfd1e95eb09.jpeg

Edited by JC1707
Added original table to post

4 hours ago, p.goodman91 said:

Champions with 1 game to go. Struggling to keep my good players don't like this whole amateur contracts but can't wait for the 2nd season  

Screenshot 2024-02-17 145005.png

Screenshot 2024-02-17 145344.png

Screenshot 2024-02-17 145423.png

I had no problem keeping players when amateur but the club turned semi pro in our second season when we achieved promotion in our first season and it was quite hard to keep hold of players! Also any free agents available near the end of the season were asking for stupid amounts of money for Level 11! By the end of the season I had only about 13 players left and was relying on my reserve team and youth players to fill the bench! Thankfully I had the title sewn up with 9 games to go cos injuries and suspensions made it worse in those last 9 games! I had about 9 fit players left after a few more were poached and I had to use some reserve team players until a few more returned from suspension or minor injuries! Thankfully the moral was so high we got through without losing any of those 9 games! 

Not only am I nearly at the end of Season 2 and a second title, but I took the plunge today to join the club as a Board Member. It's already been worth the money - I strongly recommend that anyone who can afford to, do so!

Season 2 complete, Champions again. Won the league with two games to spare so brought in a few of the younger players from the start of the save, meaning we did have a few OGs still repping the golden arrows. Loved that Keele finished second after getting promoted with me the season before. Top scorer Wolny couldn't hit a barn door at Tier 12, but Tier 11 he ripped it up.

image.thumb.png.1b1aea700cd2ab8f03c6006ece5768f0.png

Season 9, 9 Promotions. This damn game is tough... and What is my board doing giving me a wage budget bigger than FFP... All the details of the run in of the playoffs and what else happened after my return from Covid below.

Screenshot 2024-02-20 011612.png

Screenshot 2024-02-20 011621.png

Screenshot 2024-02-20 011627.png

Screenshot 2024-02-20 011643.png

Is there a known bug where players that have left still show on your wage budget and your tactics screen? I have got a few that have left but are still showing. I can't see how to get rid of them.  

We won big and Cammell Laird lost big in such a pivotal matchweek for the both of us!

WE ARE THROUGH TO THE COUNTY LEAGUES PREMIER DIVISION AS CHAMPIONS!

ANOTHER 30 POINTS TO THE TALLY

EQUALS 60 POINTS TOTAL

GET IN!

Screenshot_24.jpg

Screenshot_23.jpg

Screenshot_25.jpg

Edited by aldiyaz

6 hours ago, ramboacdc said:

Is there a known bug where players that have left still show on your wage budget and your tactics screen? I have got a few that have left but are still showing. I can't see how to get rid of them.  

I've got this bug too unfortunately, for the tactics screen I choose to hide the players "Not at Club" to stop it being so congested. Especially considering how many players have left already lol

I still sometimes get training suggestions etc. for them though which is especially annoying so if anyone knows how to fix I would love to know (might just be a bug though).
I've read somewhere it might also be the skin used (I'm using the FM24 Zealand Skin)

Edited by JC1707

Season 11

Got there at the second attempt, again bottom two after around 10 games but this time working up to the promotion spots and staying there, ending up just a point off the league two title. Got plenty of young talents, lets hope they can mature fast enough to keep us in league one.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Good evening all

So good to see you all persisting with this challenge - Just to confirm, there are no confirmed 'Winners' as of yet outside of this SI forum thread so it's all still to play for.

@CJWills1991 Hope you're feeling better following the Covid!

Here's how the updated Leader Board looks:

LeaderBoard20.2.png.5bc0ed61d9b083e693b08843d34d8ae7.png

I'm very aware that the points have disappeared from the initial post.  I've had an extremely busy few weeks which have prevented me from playing the game, however I will ensure that the point system is uploaded again by the end of the week.

I'll also be completing a sense check of the whole thread whilst it's at 6 pages to double check points and trophies.

@Horatio Nelson - A massive warm welcome to the clubs board!  Glad you've settled in well on there, I'll keep an eye out for you and say hi!

Finally from me - If you notice anything that may be wrong on this thread, please don't hesitate to drop me a message.  I'll ensure that the points are added back to the initial post and everything that has gone on so far is double checked by the end of play Sunday this week.

@K13eke I'm 'Captain Azzy' on the Discord, you'll see me around that's for sure!

I've started season 3 and have Michael Sarpong and Daniel Ihejirika in the starting line-up, with Mostaff Jafari in the squad but not making the bench. Charlie and Komo are in the reserves but everyone else has gone off elsewhere sadly. Amazed at some guys taking the team into League 1!

23 hours ago, K13eke said:

Good evening all

So good to see you all persisting with this challenge - Just to confirm, there are no confirmed 'Winners' as of yet outside of this SI forum thread so it's all still to play for.

@CJWills1991 Hope you're feeling better following the Covid!

Here's how the updated Leader Board looks:

LeaderBoard20.2.png.5bc0ed61d9b083e693b08843d34d8ae7.png

I'm very aware that the points have disappeared from the initial post.  I've had an extremely busy few weeks which have prevented me from playing the game, however I will ensure that the point system is uploaded again by the end of the week.

I'll also be completing a sense check of the whole thread whilst it's at 6 pages to double check points and trophies.

@Horatio Nelson - A massive warm welcome to the clubs board!  Glad you've settled in well on there, I'll keep an eye out for you and say hi!

Finally from me - If you notice anything that may be wrong on this thread, please don't hesitate to drop me a message.  I'll ensure that the points are added back to the initial post and everything that has gone on so far is double checked by the end of play Sunday this week.

Thanks for the update @K13eke.

I started off season 4 winning my first 8 games.  Looks like another promotion is coming up.

I'll update at the end of the season as usual.

AFC Crewe - Season 6 Update

Season 6 down and again, despite punching above our weight for the majority of the season, we came up short in the Playoff Semi Finals.

Screenshot2024-02-21at20_16_44.thumb.png.5834b91244f2d565d50b6ffe6fc1d06d.png

Screenshot2024-02-21at20_16_53.thumb.png.30be3063fee0245ed182ce905845121f.png

Tough to take, but we continue to move. We made a profit in the finances and so we're moving the right direction. I will be aiming for at least the playoffs again next season, so watch this space! 

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 20.17.32.png

In the many hours iv played FM in the past few years, the many saves iv completed I have never had a team that stuck just like this season, I implemented a tactic I created to get teams through the football league and it worked better than ever. Terrible run in the cups but it's all about the league standings for me! Nice little budget to complete for next season too, don't think I'll be changing much though! Even had the fun of grounding sharing with Crewe Alexandra and beating them this season. Onto League One!

Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 10.28.19.png

Season 12

I've always found league one to be about the same level as league two, so it's not a massive surprise we end up with another promotion. Heading into the last day we were joint second on GD a point off the title, luckily a big last day win earned us the title. 

We also got close on possibly our last appearance in the Bristol street motors trophy. Our finances are pretty steady and I don't see them being an issue now, spent another 700k on training ground improvements and it's still only on below average, must take a fortune to get to decent training facilities. One thing is for sure, the championship is gonna be real tricky, I will be happy with survival next season for sure.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Updated Leader Board:

LeaderBoard25_02.png.0913b44eea42e375001915000f623e1c.png

The points have also been added back into the 1st post on the thread.

The top pack are starting to get very close to the end of the challenge!  Who can make it there first?!?!

Halfway through season 3 now, barely playing any league games with all those cup games! Won only 1 of the first 5 games but now on a 14-game win streak having again adjusted my tactics. I'm so used to playing 4-2-3-1 that it's making me remember old-school tactics like 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 :lol:

Season 3 done and dusted and it’s ended in disappointment. We basically bottled it with only one win in the last six games. We traded punches with New Mills FC all season until those six games with atrocious performances. The title was basically lost when we were 3-1 up against Altrincham U-20’s only to receive a straight red late on in the first half! This seemed to affect the players and we capitulated with Altrincham winning 4-3! As it turned out if we had held on we would had won the league on goal difference. It also went pear shaped in the play-off with an absolute abysmal performance in the semi against Winsford United with a 2-0 loss and players recording 6.1’s across the board! So another season in the NWC Div One South. We have a final to look forward to in the shape of the NWC FL Division One Cup. Our form is bad so I’m not expecting a win and clearly our players don’t have the stomach for big games! IMG_2881.thumb.jpeg.2de74c066d144d36079bdb247f55433a.jpegIMG_2882.thumb.jpeg.26b98381c6bb17dd2eaaac160f1edc95.jpegIMG_2883.thumb.jpeg.5a086ab4a8e7a4310efe73d56ccdf781.jpeg

Edited by antonyjguyan

Season 8 complete! We managed another promotion, was top of the league for the majority of the season but bottled it towards the end. Won the playoffs relatively comfortably, National League here we come! Craig Laycock is my hero, going to try and take him all the way to the Prem!

image.png.720076388f2fb758504adcbc185b75fd.png

image.thumb.png.24846a0e36bacb5000bd01130addba2d.pngimage.thumb.png.d6b8420caf355fe42aabfcde69083d83.png