[FM24] Oceania Leagues + OFC Champions League

good work on the nz league. as a southlander though and a former player in the Donald Gray, can i be cheeky and ask if you might go lower in the south island leagues.

you also have the teams slightly wrong for the Donald Gray. It should be , Gore Wanderers, Old Boys, Queens Park ( 2nd/reserve team) , Thistle, Winton  . Te Anau was originally there but pulled out.

image.png.ddfc7561dea4c2c15d424c1903c1a61a.png

Next tier was messy as this year there was a "premier mens round that then created the Donald Gray split  but essentially the below are they bottom half of the league

image.png.53918e8bea88791091505f18f0db2329.png

division 2 also have a round robin and then a split too. 

image.png.fd3290a8efaee20c15260abe96873746.png

the above table then split into the below sections to finish the season 

image.png.15cb2a5e85ed2d99a97eb60d7a26b1d0.png

image.png.309ac14ca97d55d07713d336be81b0ae.png

43 minutes ago, timmarkcorcoran said:

good work on the nz league. as a southlander though and a former player in the Donald Gray, can i be cheeky and ask if you might go lower in the south island leagues.

you also have the teams slightly wrong for the Donald Gray. It should be , Gore Wanderers, Old Boys, Queens Park ( 2nd/reserve team) , Thistle, Winton  . Te Anau was originally there but pulled out.

image.png.ddfc7561dea4c2c15d424c1903c1a61a.png

Next tier was messy as this year there was a "premier mens round that then created the Donald Gray split  but essentially the below are they bottom half of the league

image.png.53918e8bea88791091505f18f0db2329.png

division 2 also have a round robin and then a split too. 

image.png.fd3290a8efaee20c15260abe96873746.png

the above table then split into the below sections to finish the season 

image.png.15cb2a5e85ed2d99a97eb60d7a26b1d0.png

image.png.309ac14ca97d55d07713d336be81b0ae.png

The file is updated for the 2024 season, hence why some teams appear in higher or lower divisions than in 2023. In recent years the New Zealand league has been going more to a professional format, which is what I have tried to replicate for this file. Many regional leagues are eliminating second and third teams from their competitions. The main thing with the editor is if you have 4-5 teams in a division and teams from the same region keep getting promoted the division won't load up. That being said it is easy with a bit of editing to add or subtract teams from a specific division in the editor to suit your needs.

The southland "pyramid" certainly is messy with its clubs having multiple sides and Division 2 sides generally being social/masters teams that never look for promotion.

From what i recall from local folk Queens Park had to field a Donald Gray side as part of the arrangement to field a side in what is essentially an out of province league

21 hours ago, timmarkcorcoran said:

The southland "pyramid" certainly is messy with its clubs having multiple sides and Division 2 sides generally being social/masters teams that never look for promotion.

From what i recall from local folk Queens Park had to field a Donald Gray side as part of the arrangement to field a side in what is essentially an out of province league

I am curious as to what team you played for? Do you just play football manager or are you still involved in the football community as a referee, manager etc? Out of curiosity, do you know anyone that is good with graphics for team kits and trophies for New Zealand? There are very few available and teams like Tauranga City who will be up in the National League, for the first time in its newest iteration, don't even have kits.

Edited by jimdownunder

8 hours ago, jimdownunder said:

I am curious as to what team you played for? Do you just play football manager or are you still involved in the football community as a referee, manager etc? Out of curiosity, do you know anyone that is good with graphics for team kits and trophies for New Zealand? There are very few available and teams like Tauranga City who will be up in the National League, for the first time in its newest iteration, don't even have kits.

I played for Queens Park in Invercargill when I lived there ( about 25 years across 2 periods. i also had small stints for Waihopai and Old Boys when Queens Park had pretty much folded and didnt have a team for me)

In Christchurch I also played for Waimak United and Coastal Spirit until too many concussions made it unsafe to keep playing.

I am not involved locally these days but still have an active part of Queens Park watching all their live streamed games and also present a memorial trophy every year at the end of seasons awards ( dad was a player , player coach and then finally a coach during their uber successful periods in the 80s and 90s until his early death in 1994)

Sadly I don't know a lot about making trophies, kits etc or even the database (other than basic changes like number of teams in leagues etc) but am more than happy to help do the research arounds clubs, their kit colours etc ( obviously with main strengths in Southland due to a lot of mates etc being spread around the clubs)

9 hours ago, timmarkcorcoran said:

I played for Queens Park in Invercargill when I lived there ( about 25 years across 2 periods. i also had small stints for Waihopai and Old Boys when Queens Park had pretty much folded and didnt have a team for me)

In Christchurch I also played for Waimak United and Coastal Spirit until too many concussions made it unsafe to keep playing.

I am not involved locally these days but still have an active part of Queens Park watching all their live streamed games and also present a memorial trophy every year at the end of seasons awards ( dad was a player , player coach and then finally a coach during their uber successful periods in the 80s and 90s until his early death in 1994)

Sadly I don't know a lot about making trophies, kits etc or even the database (other than basic changes like number of teams in leagues etc) but am more than happy to help do the research arounds clubs, their kit colours etc ( obviously with main strengths in Southland due to a lot of mates etc being spread around the clubs)

An amazing history. It's a shame that you are still not involved in the game, where be it as even a referee, but at least you can see your favourite team playing each week. Any chance Queens Park could push the Dunedin clubs to get into the Southern League playoff next year? I am sure there are others in the community that could help out with the kits and trophies. I have collected what I could find but as I said Tauranga City doesn't even have kits. Really kits should be down to at least the NFRL conferences, Central Federation and Capital Premier Leagues, as well as the Nelson, Mainland and Southern Premierships. I tried to create and fill in as many of the head coaching staff for those teams, so it would be good to have the kits as well. The trophies will be harder to do because there are few good photos with just the cups. Maybe someone with connections to the leagues could get the trophies from the main competitions at least to have some cool in-game clips. I looked through the existing cups to find the closest looking images to attribute to the cups.

nz leagues trophy images.jpg

trophy presentation photos.jpg

not sure about the playoff next years, if they start better than the last few years then they could go close, they we last for quite a while this year then come hot in the run in.

this year they had a decent amount of youngsters wit a couple of "old heads" on the other side of 40. i know their keeper has / is about to move to the UK so he will be a massive loss.

ill have a dig round and see what pics the lads have of the southland trophies, ( i see you have the donald gray covered already)

2 hours ago, timmarkcorcoran said:

not sure about the playoff next years, if they start better than the last few years then they could go close, they we last for quite a while this year then come hot in the run in.

this year they had a decent amount of youngsters wit a couple of "old heads" on the other side of 40. i know their keeper has / is about to move to the UK so he will be a massive loss.

ill have a dig round and see what pics the lads have of the southland trophies, ( i see you have the donald gray covered already)

Graphics aren't my forte though. We will need other members of the community to help out with this.

• 4 weeks later...

Great work on the leagues, but there seems to be a problem with the Champions League. I'm playing in New Zealand, and the 2 Grand Final teams qualify as they should. However, they don't actually play in the competition. Sometimes 1 team gets added after the prelim round, but quite often neither team takes part at any stage of the competition. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/01/2024 at 13:08, OnlyJon said:

Great work on the leagues, but there seems to be a problem with the Champions League. I'm playing in New Zealand, and the 2 Grand Final teams qualify as they should. However, they don't actually play in the competition. Sometimes 1 team gets added after the prelim round, but quite often neither team takes part at any stage of the competition. Any ideas?

Hi @OnlyJon I have discovered the same problem in the testing. I think it has something to do with the NZ League file with the naming conventions of the Championship phase. It may be a case of tinkering with qualifying the grand finalists for the Champions League or it could be a bug.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been unable to get the old OFC Champions League format to work with the New Zealand qualifiers, I re-created the new National Playoffs system and also changed the dates to mimic real life. The group stage and knockout stage are also played in only one country just like irl. Seems to be working fine now with the NZ qualifiers playing each other home and away to determine the berth in the group stage.

OFC Champions League New Format.fmf

@jimdownunder Could you update the opening post with the latest files too, please? 

Edit: Google Chrome is blocking your latest OFC Champions League and NZ updates. Do you know why that happens?

Edited by Jorgen

15 hours ago, Jorgen said:

@jimdownunder Could you update the opening post with the latest files too, please? 

Edit: Google Chrome is blocking your latest OFC Champions League and NZ updates. Do you know why that happens?

I have updated the files in the inital post to include the latest versions of the NZ league and the OFC Champions League.

2 hours ago, jimdownunder said:

I have updated the files in the inital post to include the latest versions of the NZ league and the OFC Champions League.

Thanks Jim!

Could you check why I get a warning message from Google Chrome with the new OFC CL and NZ files?

Edited by Jorgen

On 11/02/2024 at 17:01, Jorgen said:

Thanks Jim!

Could you check why I get a warning message from Google Chrome with the new OFC CL and NZ files?

Your guess is as good as mine. I am actually in the process of doing a huge update to the New Zealand file. The Central league structure is changing which I have pre-empted by putting in a regionwide second division. That and dozens of player and coach transfers.

2 hours ago, jimdownunder said:

Your guess is as good as mine. I am actually in the process of doing a huge update to the New Zealand file. The Central league structure is changing which I have pre-empted by putting in a regionwide second division. That and dozens of player and coach transfers.

All your other files download without a problem :)

Then I'll wait for the new files! :thup: 

3 minutes ago, Jorgen said:

All your other files download without a problem :)

Then I'll wait for the new files! :thup: 

Now I am getting an annoying error trying to compile a new qualification system for the new league. This editor is very frustrating. All the changes have been made and I imagine that the YORB leagues and the Capital Premier League will have their respective winners in a promotion series, but it cannot verify that division due to the error.

5 minutes ago, jimdownunder said:

Now I am getting an annoying error trying to compile a new qualification system for the new league. This editor is very frustrating. All the changes have been made and I imagine that the YORB leagues and the Capital Premier League will have their respective winners in a promotion series, but it cannot verify that division due to the error.

I turned off safe browsing; downloaded the files and scanned them with Norton: no problems at all. So perhaps the safe browsing filter in Google Chrome thinks your files (and some others here on the forums too) are dangerous, while in fact they aren't according to my virusscanner.

About your verifying problem: I know far too little about the editor to be of any help, but I've read multiple times on these forums that hidden stages can help doing things that otherwise won't work. But, I have no idea if it is of any use with what you're doing.

Edited by Jorgen

1 minute ago, jimdownunder said:

Here is the file if you wanna have a look. It is probably something really small but after verifying the first two divisions, it gets stuck on the first divisions citing the season update error.

NZ League New Central Format.fmf 427.4 kB · 0 downloads

I do want to help, buy I won't be of much use. I can however let my pc run for the night and send you the savegame for example.

@Jorgen

I managed to get the file to verify by changing the playoff system to an average points system across all the four Central region divisions, promoting one team to the new Central Federation Championship earmarked for 2025. I have also updated the teams for the NRF League 1 as Mangere United and Waiuku AFC are joining this league in 2024. 

NZ League FM 24.fmf

• 1 month later...

Really been enjoying these files as a Kiwi.

Used to play at a decent level in NZ about 15 years ago sad to see most of the teams I played against and the team I played for have disappeared along with the entire league I played in 😂.

One quirk I've noticed is that players don't register they've won the national title. Clubs do, Managers do Players don't which is really weird.

Also when. I used your OFC champions league file the teams from NZ just wouldn't join the competition at all.

The game would say they'd qualified for the preliminary rounds then they'd never join and everyone from the preliminary rounds would qualify for the group stage.

Works fine with the vanilla database OFC Champs league though.

On 14/04/2024 at 17:14, asapas said:

Hello. is it updated for 24.4.0?

Yes, the file will continuously be updated. In the latest update, there are many player and staff transfers, in some cases new staff created. A couple of new teams have also been added just like in real life.

NZ League FM 24.fmf