Director of Football Opinion

I completely avoid there advice. I enjoying managing in the MLS alot on FM, its fun and quirky. But alot of the programming/coding around deals/trades and drafts means that opinions of staff all seem to be well off.  If you think its a good deal and will benefit the team, then go for it. 

I've had a 5 star member of staff in MLS that still says that exact message with every single deal I've offered / want to offer.  This included when I traded to bring in a striker that ended up scoring 30+ goals in a season. 

In short. I'd ignore his advice.

In fairness, it is not a helpful contribution from Ernst Tanner.

I'm sure with his salary he can do better than that. Maybe he could start by telling us what they would consider a reasonable offer, so we might know where we stand.

I would start by downvoting his two stars if I could.

They serve almost no purpose. The only thing I let them do is renew staff contracts in youth teams once I've manually signed coaches I want. 

Signing staff and players they do an extremely poor job regardless of stats. 

Edited by whatsupdoc

16 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Your DOF thinks it's a good deal, Charlotte FC might not. It's pretty clear

I can also understand the meaning of words, but it If Charlotte FC don't think it is a good deal then there is no deal.

He should be saying they would probably want X amount, be we think he is only worth Y amount. Common sense really. Instead the guy just comes across like he is fobbing the manager off - thanks Ernst for nothing.