FM24 England Level 10 Challenge

English Level 10 Database

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3110921722&searchtext=eng

Non steam version

England Level 10 League & Data Updates.fmf

Discord Server

https://discord.gg/gbFx2AbT

The Aim

To take a team from Level 10 and try and work your way up the leagues to Premier League and champions League glory gaining points along the way for winning competions/promotions.

For this challenge you will need my Level 10 Database, (Download available at the top of the page)

Starting Up

Make sure My Level 10 database is activated with no other database add-ons.

Start a new game with all leagues activated down to Level 10.

You can start with any of the 3 game modes available.

Attribute masking is optional but in-game editor is not allowed to be used.

You can start Unemployed if you want to or you can just pick a club at Level 10.

You must start your management career at any Level 10 club.

Start a manager with no coaching badges (you can and should obtain them along the way)

Start with a sunday league footballer reputation.

No additional languages beyond those generated by your nationality(ies).

2nd nationality only if you genuinely have a genuine second nationality and you have used your real primary nationality.

No use of in-game editor.

All other advanced options (e.g. adding players to playable teams) are allowed.

You need to start with all leagues loaded down to Level 10 to start your management career.

Any database size, any start date.

Requirements

Win as many trophies as you can from the list of competions below as you make your way up the leagues.

You will get points for winning League's & Cups based on the reputation of the competition, (Example if you win the FA Cup you will gain 156 points, win the midland league premier division and you will get 20 points etc)

You must win the Competition while you are the manager (the competition must not have finished before you takeover as manager)

If you gain promotion from a lower League you still get the points for that competition. (it just wont be counted as a trophy unless you win the league)

If you get sacked you will need to apply for jobs at Level 10 clubs.

You can only apply for jobs for teams that are in Level 10 and started the 1st season at Level 10.

When you join the challenge post a screenshot of your manger profile. you can blank out your personal information if you want.

A leaderboard will be created on the 2nd post for users taking up the challenge.

A list of all the competions you can win and the points

image.png?ex=66291bcd&is=6616a6cd&hm=e9ef20d4d326a46d0d47544c7f482de12c0a6a6643039d906c7f4e7fb716016d&=

image.png?ex=66291be7&is=6616a6e7&hm=3280dbe30a1da3d9548057d74193828f6b4babb76f079470b4c9d13592896e32&=

image.png?ex=662f1119&is=661c9c19&hm=802c0d4eeb3bf66da92219e614c748013593a1ccbf4dc616af79243e5282beca&=

England Level 10 League & Data Updates.fmf

Edited by lionel messi

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to be starting this challenge again.

Kicking off things with AFC St Austell, a club with a long, dare I say, pointless history.

The Lillywhites play at the 6,000 capacity Poltair Park, and have no plans to move for the foreseeable future. 

St Austell have no scouting network to speak of, and being based in the depths of Cornwall, there are very few neighbouring clubs of note to build relationships with.

Self-imposed restrictions include:

All staff through job adverts

No use of player search - all players through scout reports, intermediary suggestions, inbox items, Director of Football suggestions

One in one out on player signings - maintain a squad that has at most a first XI and backup XI. If a player comes in, the incumbent needs to go out before any other signings can be made

image.png

I holidayed for a season and have taken over at Saffron Dynamo, who finished bottom of their division.  We start in tier ten.  I am following the rules of the Youth Only challenge for this save though it also applied to this challenge.

Club Introduction

Saffron Dynamo

image.png.0961cdfbb89f0422fcb91bbe22e507d2.png 

The Manager

This is me.

CanAqKN.png

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start          24 June 202               N/a                  N/a               N/a     (Amateur contract)

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att  Def  Fit  GkD  GkH  GkS  Tac  Tec  Men  SeP  WWY  Ada  Det  PlK  YoK  LoD  PeM  Mot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.50*)     None                 1    1    1    1    1    1    1    3    1    1    3    1    1    1    2    2    2    2

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Poor                   0       Basic                 Basic            Limited            Obscure   (1.00*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    Carabao Cup        Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am betraying the club I was with in last year's challenge, Berks County... by joining their local rivals Woodley United in the Combined Counties League Division 1

If I fail with them, let it be known it was totally an inside job! Censoring my names so neither clubs can hunt me down in the night :lol:

WoodleyUnited3a.png

Going to attempt to do this this year properly! 

Forest Hill Park FC - Lets get these to the premier league! I am not going to worry about finances until League 2 - I am going to sign the best players I can, and be brutal in my promotion hunts, I am going play a very attacking tactic and let to EFL asap.

image.png

I have restarted the save, clicked "pick club for me" and went with the first level 10 team it landed on and I got......

Spartans Youth FC! a very small club based in Watford/North London which I'd have never picked myself.

They play in bright green home kit as well! they groundshare with Northwood at a 3000 seater stadium, although attendances have been as low as 15 in the league this season

Already started the save about 8 games into the season, doing well. Signed some class 16 year old regens that were sat around in the free agent pool out of nowhere. Haemorrhaging money though, so an FA Vase run is a must.

image.png.d8fd7556e9f4cd02bc654c882c2e4d8d.png

On 13/12/2023 at 23:44, Mattphillips said:

Tried to take over Newcastle University & British Airways, however as they're both Amateur sides, you should only be able to offer Amateur contracts but I believe it's set to Non-Contract.

This makes sense I am experiencing the same with Dobwalls I cant sign anyone! @lionel messi do we have a fix?

Vikeologist's 2023 Canterbury 2023/24 Tales

image.png.b3812908058af1f0242b128767475959.png

20231215142304_1.thumb.jpg.b731fe44a1807d973514cd38972819b1.jpg

Halfway through the season, with 14 wins and 1 draw I was feeling pretty confident, but then I looked at the table and realised that there was a side, Croydon, only 3 points behind me. What the hell!

Even worse, we soon lost to Croydon and it was neck and neck from there on. Croydon pulled ahead with about 5 matches to go and kept winning.

We went into the last match of the season a point behind and I was resigned to having to navigate the playoffs.

However, they lost, we won, and we were champions. An unexpected reprieve.

I’ve briefly done this challenge before, but there’s a lot to learn. I’ve taken note of comments from other people on this thread.

There’s no answer to the finances. We did ok in the cups, but I’m not sure progressing even further would have helped much. But at the moment, the board isn’t panicking about the debt.

We had the second lowest average attendance in the division. I’m not sure this will improve much until we’re able to build a stadium in Canterbury. (The board is looking to build one, but I'm not sure that will happen any time soon).

Losing players is a pain, and brining new ones in takes a lot of time.

Top Goalscorer  (21) / Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played)(7.66) / Man of The Match (10) / MVP - Nico Cotton

One of the few legacy players to stay, but he is by far our best player. The reason he stayed is that he’s on a crazy £100 per match, albeit non-contract. Still, I might as well hang on to him.

Points Total - 15

Edited by vikeologist

7 hours ago, vikeologist said:

Vikeologist's 2023 Canterbury 2023/24 Tales

image.png.b3812908058af1f0242b128767475959.png

20231215142304_1.thumb.jpg.b731fe44a1807d973514cd38972819b1.jpg

Halfway through the season, with 14 wins and 1 draw I was feeling pretty confident, but then I looked at the table and realised that there was a side, Croydon, only 3 points behind me. What the hell!

Even worse, we soon lost to Croydon and it was neck and neck from there on. Croydon pulled ahead with about 5 matches to go and kept winning.

We went into the last match of the season a point behind and I was resigned to having to navigate the playoffs.

However, they lost, we won, and we were champions. An unexpected reprieve.

I’ve briefly done this challenge before, but there’s a lot to learn. I’ve taken note of comments from other people on this thread.

There’s no answer to the finances. We did ok in the cups, but I’m not sure progressing even further would have helped much. But at the moment, the board isn’t panicking about the debt.

We had the second lowest average attendance in the division. I’m not sure this will improve much until we’re able to build a stadium in Canterbury. (The board is looking to build one, but I'm not sure that will happen any time soon).

Losing players is a pain, and brining new ones in takes a lot of time.

Top Goalscorer  (21) / Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played)(7.66) / Man of The Match (10) / MVP - Nico Cotton

One of the few legacy players to stay, but he is by far our best player. The reason he stayed is that he’s on a crazy £100 per match, albeit non-contract. Still, I might as well hang on to him.

Points Total - 15

Finances are a tricky thing in the non league era of this challenge. Unless you are going with a club who get 200-300+ attendances every game from level 10, which there are quite a few (Wakefield/Clapton Community/Droylsden/Newcastle Blue Star all get over 300+ every game) or a financial takeover, there is only 1 way to make ends meet, and that is an FA Cup/Trophy/Vase run. In the past I use to fully stress out about financials, focus on cup runs to a detriment to league form, release key players on high wages etc.

However I have learnt to just forget about finances and go mental with signings and players, the key is to get to the National League N/S as quickly as possible. After that even with the smallest of teams (I have had sub 200 attendances even at Vanarama South level) you can break even with crude wages and loans, as there will be some clubs bringing 500 away fans, easier to get some money from cup runs as you can get to the latter stages of the FA Trophy and FA Cup

Edited by samrnpage
Forgot last word

image.png.46010d1dca8f046a41ee92f627725b48.pngSPARTANS YOUTH 2023/2024 SEASON SUMMARY - SPARTANS GET PROMOTED TO HIGHEST LEVEL IN CLUBS HISTORY!
image.thumb.png.81d65d6eb44ea2022811b6865757c334.png

1st season complete and we get promoted as champions despite some bad form towards the end. The league was a slug but it was comfortable at no point was I stressed about promotion as the top 4 got promoted (I am guessing due to the restructure next season? @lionel messi)?

I was very confident in the FA Vase but lost to Tadley Calleva in the last 16 - cup football eh! We needed the money as well as I have finished the season £44,000 in the red. If I got to the final of the Vase I would have broke even! The county cup I didn't really bother with and rotated players on. Still got to the semi final. 

Season summary:
League - 1st, Champions and Promoted 
Fa Vase - 5th Round lost to Tadley Calleva
County Cup - Semi Final lost to Farnham Town
Top scorer - Jack Golden, 44 goals in all competitions, 30 in league
Top assists - Bailey Weale, 30 assists in all competitions, 21 in league
Best player - Shabz Race, 27 goals, 23 assists in all competitions
Biggest win - Spartans 9-0 Sporting Bengal united, FA Vase 2nd Qualifying round
Biggest defeat - Spartans 1 - 4 Amersham Town, Combined counties league Div 1
Average attendance - 24 (yikes!) less than 1% of my stadium capacity! 
Finances -     -£44,957 

Won manager of the season
Won manager of the month 4 times

Next season:-

Will have to put a bit of focus on the FA Cup and FA Vase next year for financial reasons, but looking forward to it.

My wage budget has doubled as well and you bet I will be using all of it to get back to back promotions (hopefully!!) 

So far a very enjoyable save.

Going through pre-season, the club has a takeover bid from a fans trust - all 24 of our fans grouping together to make it a fan owned club! Love to see it. Hopefully we get more money?!

Edited by samrnpage
Update

19 minutes ago, samrnpage said:

image.png.46010d1dca8f046a41ee92f627725b48.pngSPARTANS YOUTH 2023/2024 SEASON SUMMARY - SPARTANS GET PROMOTED TO HIGHEST LEVEL IN CLUBS HISTORY!
image.thumb.png.81d65d6eb44ea2022811b6865757c334.png

1st season complete and we get promoted as champions despite some bad form towards the end. The league was a slug but it was comfortable at no point was I stressed about promotion as the top 4 got promoted (I am guessing due to the restructure next season? @lionel messi)?

I was very confident in the FA Vase but lost to Tadley Calleva in the last 16 - cup football eh! We needed the money as well as I have finished the season £44,000 in the red. If I got to the final of the Vase I would have broke even! The county cup I didn't really bother with and rotated players on. Still got to the semi final. 

Season summary:
League - 1st, Champions and Promoted 
Fa Vase - 5th Round lost to Tadley Calleva
County Cup - Semi Final lost to Farnham Town
Top scorer - Jack Golden, 44 goals in all competitions, 30 in league
Top assists - Bailey Weale, 30 assists in all competitions, 21 in league
Best player - Shabz Race, 27 goals, 23 assists in all competitions
Biggest win - Spartans 9-0 Sporting Bengal united, FA Vase 2nd Qualifying round
Biggest defeat - Spartans 1 - 4 Amersham Town, Combined counties league Div 1
Average attendance - 24 (yikes!) less than 1% of my stadium capacity! 
Finances -     -£44,957 

Won manager of the season
Won manager of the month 4 times

Next season:-

Will have to put a bit of focus on the FA Cup and FA Vase next year for financial reasons, but looking forward to it.

My wage budget has doubled as well and you bet I will be using all of it to get back to back promotions (hopefully!!) 

So far a very enjoyable save.

nnice work keep it up

Season 2 Wakefield:

Back to back promotions! On to tier 8.

Also, a Harry Gardiner appreciation post. He joined 10/16/2024 and went on tear the rest of season HarryGardinerSeasonStats12_16_2023.png.4f6bc6841c93fc0851b750f3c5e278af.pngHarryGardinerProfile12_16_2023.png.0390ee47867d3ac2b84193c4e60bf3df.pngimage.thumb.png.7119af3093cdd4b2919e0cab90bb8b27.pngscoring 30 in 27 appearances. Great photo and looks like he would be having an amazing time in Wakefield after this season.

Yarm & Eaglescliffe FC 2024/2025

After a bit of a wobble mid season which resulted in me ripping up my tactic and going for something comepletely different I then went on a decent run and ended up winning the league comfortably , very happy with my FA Cup run but less than happy with the other cups 

image.thumb.png.2db6d1d49163bee2c06e3d5b63799aec.png

Edited by DarkMarkElk

spacer.png

Season 1 is done, can't complain as to how it went... Due to stellar performances from my strikers Bacon & Waud (already at the Zebra's when I joined) and outstanding performances by newcomers Whitham (ex Sheffield Wednesday), Turrell (ex Boston United) and Howe (ex Middlesbrough) we managed to win the Northern Counties East League Divison One and the Northern Counties East League Cup and reach the Quarter Final of the FA Vase.

Hoping to hold on to the players (a lot of them are getting offers) and to strengthen where needed to keep the good times rolling!

3.SeasonSummary.png.9e8d8ecba918978ad35ec59286bb7053.png

4.HowYouLinedUp.thumb.png.b20e99b666169a8f62033d0c89c0b881.png

First Season over. We was struggling until december. After december i was able to buy players. So we had a very good season final and are champions of the Midland League Division 1.

image.thumb.png.1d7633d049ebe73f48cfc292c14c6f92.png

I will also post my profile just for comparison : ) the board offered me a new contract for 2k a year but i just want 600€ a year, we need that money mister president! :D

image.png.09f2ff1c5f119704ae40df1bd17fdc81.png

A change of skin helped us to a 3rd title in a row.....Just.

In the summer my entire main XI left for higher level clubs, it was genuinely the worst i'd ever had on an FM save, only a rubbish RW and GK stayed from my XI that got me promoted the season prior.

The team I rebuilt wasn't any better than the team last season as worse players demanded higher wages than before, and I didnt really like anyone I got in , it was very stressy and rushed team

I had some poor performances from my "best players", my main striker at start of the season, Danilo Orsi-Dadomo had 4 goals in 18 appearances mid way through the season so I released him and got in another striker who was much better thankfully.

Worst of all, terrible cup runs, knocked out very early in the FA Cup and FA Trophy (so much for focusing on the cups!). League form was all over the place, lost 7 out of the last 13 games and nearly bottled a comfortable title. 9 losses overall but still won the league was pretty mental.

Finances in the mud, the wage budget is EXACTLY THE SAME for next season (In the wise words of Zealand, LOANS will be needed). Average attendance in the league......71. I don't think I have had a club with such low attendances and thus terrible income! Really need a good FA Cup run next season.

Onto next season, I doubt ill be going up again at first time of asking. But this is a long term project.

image.thumb.png.997162b793c4e8461a51753287adad34.png