FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Well I shall bear that in mind anyway. That'd be a nightmare should that happen!

There's also going to be an overhaul of my scouting and coaching staff and with a decent preseason programme as the one you start with isn't the best.

How many pre-season games are recommended? I always have around 8 games. I mix the squad up so around 5 games will be for my first team, a couple of mixed reserves and first team and 1 for the youngsters.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am just 5 games into season 2. I sold Saha in the January transfer window, sold Fletcher at the beginning sold Dong, Campbell, Evans kept Gibson as he turns into a great player i somehow lost out on Ignashevich to Deportivo still don't know how.... I did but Jo from CSKA(my mind went blank hope this is right and i don't look like a prat) for £6.5m also tryed for Vagner Love but i wasn't prepared to pay £14m his team demanded should i have pushed my buget? i also got Petri Pasanen for cover a posable long term replacment for Neville so far he's been a great buy for £4.5m but you need to bid for him as soon as the game starts. I also got Van Der vaart for £10m and in his 17th apperance he got injured and is out till March 2009 (he's out for just over a year - knee ligament) Danny Simpson is also doing well he played 3 league games for me as Neville, Pasanen and Brown are all out for but back soon. Pique after 3 games was my top goal scorer with 4 in three, but Jo put him in his place scoring 6 past Sunderland in a 8-2 win. Also keep Foster he is great, Van Der Sar got injured with 6 league games to go and he came in kept 6 clean sheets, including a penalty save that won the league with 2 games to go.

Just started my second season and i have signed

Vanden Borre (3mil)

Beuno (2.5mil)

David (1.9mil)

Guardado (15mil)

Nasri (12mil)

Benega (3.5mil)

the 2 rubbish brazilians fabio and rafael (1.2mil each)

Oscar Ustari (10mil)

Cavani (20mil)

Sergio Aguero (25mil)

Got over 60mil from board plus money from sales to spend in my second season (got as i won everything in my first season also sold:

Fletcher (9mil)

Foster (8mil)

O'shea (6mil)

Silvestre (5mil)

and other rubbish reserves e.g. Tom Heaton

Glazer is ****ing me off with 4mil loans per month it ruins my finances

in jan 2010 and my form in the 3rd season has been great. After scraping the league title in '09 and a job saving Champions League '08 i am on course to challenge on all fronts this season. Letting Neville, Scholes, Giggs and VDS all leave at end of 2nd season worked out well as the oldies were struggling imo. Average Spuad Age of 22 now.

GK Akinfeev Lloris Foster

DF Rio, Simpson, Pique, Cathcart, Evans, Coloccini, Marcelo, Emanuelson.

MF Ronaldo, Dos Santos, Capel, Gourcuff, Carrick, Veloso, Banega, Anderson,

St Rooney Tevez Aguero Bojan Walcott

Would love Pato but can't fit him in at the minute tevez attracting interst from Juve see where that goes

Halfway through the second season ...

Signed Urby Emanuelson (sp) ot replace Evra and Pique replaced Vidic.

Done pretty well and I signed Barnes in the Jan transfer window. Pique and Barnes scored their firs goal for Man Utd in the recent two matches respectively.

Pique a total fluke goal! From his own half, delivers a cross way too long which left Reina wondering why it had been a goal!

Barnes scored from near the corner spot, a meant to be cross which entered the goal!

Cool!

Originally posted by Evon:

Hello, evsky. Why the new account? And as you can see, most of the old crowd have left. Sheps is still hanging around like a bad smell though icon_razz.gif

I tried to log in on my old accounts, it appears they got deleted :O lol

Hi all,

Thought I would post some details of my United game so far. I am currently still in the first season, just finished the January transfer window. I am currently doing quite well.

I am third in the league, just 3 points behind Arsenal in the league (3rd place, Chelsea are 2nd). Have had some good results, beat Chelsea 1-0 in the community shield, beat Arsenal 2-1 at home in Premiership, Valencia 5-2 at home in the CL, Chelsea 1-0 at home in Premiership and Man City 4-1 at home in Premiership.

Unfortunately went out of the Carling cup to Arsenal, I was playing most of my reserves/youngsters though. Also lost 2-0 away to Reading (how good are they in this version btw?) and 2-0 at home to Newcastle.

I have so far been verry happy with the way the squad has performed, and with my new signings.

Transfers In/Out

Squad performance

League Table

At the start of the season I was keeping loads of clean sheets, but struggling to score. I changed my tactics and found I was scoring loads but conceeding quite a few. I now have a fair balance.

On the playing side of things, I have been really impressed with some of the younger players. Evans has done really well whenever he has played, as has Adam Eckersley and Darron Gibson. Danny Simpson has been sensational, covered the first 2-3 months waiting for Neville to recover from his injury. I have no doubt he will take over from Neville eventually.

Up top Ronaldo has been great. My best forward owever has been Saha. Had him on the transfer list initially, but took him off in September as no one was interested. He has now got 15 league goals in 15 starts, 20 goals in 22 games total.

Only players I have really been dissapointed with have been Anderson and Tevez. Tevez has scored goals, but his performances have not been great so far. Anderson IMO is too lightweight for CM, so have been playing him either left mid or just off the front. But to play him just off the front I have to change from my usual 4-4-2, and will only do this against weaker sides.

I have targeted Lulinha and a young Brazilian goalkeeper called Diego from Fluminense as my targets at the end of the season.

Anyway, will post more at the end of the season (hope the screenshots came out ok)

Originally posted by Frankie 7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie 7:

Can anyone tell me any good coaches then?

Thanks for the help guys. icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gianni Vanni

Originally posted by jonahno6:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie 7:

Gianni Nanni </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it is any help to you I have 9 coaches employed as coaches (I mean they can train the 1st team and reserves). I don't get 7 stars in everything, but get 7 stars in 8 areas and 6 in the other.

Anyway............

Carlos Queiroz trains Tactics (7 Star)

Eamonn Malvey trains Set pieces (6 star)

Mark Dempsey trains Shooting (7 star)

Tony Whelan trains Defending (7 star)

Rene Meulensteen trains Attacking (7 Star)

Eric Harrison trains Ball control (7 star)

Jorge Luis da Silva fitness coach

Jon Dalzell fitness coach

Richard Harris Goalkeeping coach

Didnt see that post, sorry!

Try Gianni Nanni as said above. Btw I promoted McClair to Ass Man due to his good motivation (Carlos Q. has poor motivation for an Ass Man) so that if I get bored and go on holiday to skip a few games I dont wanna play then mostof the time he will be able to motivate the players to win.

Other good coaches:

~ Christian Kolodzeij - Fitness Coach (7*'s in Aerobic and Strength)

~ John McDermott - Coach (Shooting/Attacking)

~ Armand Garrido - Coach (Defence)

Didnt see your post. But my coaches that provide seven star rating are: (note some can do 7* on more then that i show)

Pepe Claramunt : Assistant Manager/Defending

Mark Dempsey : Ball Control

Tony Strudwick : Strength

Richard Hartis : Goalkeeping

Rene Meulensteen : Shooting

Eric Harrison : Ball Control

Tony Coton : Goalkeeping

Albert Roca : Tactics

Manuel Delgado Meco : Attacking

Alf Mathisen : Aerobics

I got Pepe in as assistant manager with 2 months of the season left. Carlos wouldnt sign a new contract in mid season so i waited till I could boot him out for next to nothing and get in a replacement. Werent giving that annoying bugger alot of money for nothing.

Anyways, I have just completed my first season. I won the league after a hard fought battle with Chelsea. The thing that won me the league was that Chelsea drew too many games, they only lost one match all season and that was a 6-1 defeat to Everton and turned the league in my favour as it smashed their moral and they drew a few matchs after that which was in the last part of the season.

League Table

As for the cups, I won the champions league after a pretty easy run, most the major competition was pushed aside. Madrid in the quarters was a bit edgy at times but 5-3 agg scoreline took me through to meet Inter Milan who ended up pushovers. The final was not even close with olympique lyonnais being the opponents, as a note of the difficulty, after 41seconds I was 1-0 up, and it finished 3-1

Champions League

The league cup was won against Fulham, this was a close game it Rooney scored the winner with the final touch of the game. 0-0 in time added on for injuries, and he scored after 94minutes 20 seconds. The ref blew full time the moment they kicked back off.

league cup

Unfortunately I lost the FA cup to Arsenal, the fans were fumming at me for that and I cant blame them. We threw the game away. 70minutes gone and we were 2-0 up yet finished losing 3-2 after extra time. Was most annoyed at that one.

FA Cup

I generally kept my team the same. Couple of youth players came in to the under 18 squad in the summer and then the only main team purchase was Ochoa to be my Cup goalkeeper and taking over as number 1 in second season. Other then that the only other purchase came in January window where I purchased Rafinha for cover on the Right back/wing positions. Transfer came in at a total of 11 million for him so was quite happy to see him settle into the squad well and the fans are over the moon with the contribution he made in the second half of the season. Got rid of Saha pre season, I dislike him in real life due to him being made of glass, and this always carries into the game, I shipped him off to Portsmouth and actually ended up playing Scholes up top if Rooney or Tevez unavailable and he was effective there.

I kept a tight rein on the bank balance so as not to have any worries and this was reflected in my transfer dealings and the lack of bringing people in. However now I finished the first season I am looking about for some backup players and youth to bring in due to the healthy £54million balance. Hoping to have about £25million in the kitty incase I need it. And I will be shipping some young waste of space out no doubt.

transfers

(You will notice that 4 players went on loan to southend. Sent them there because I wanted to make sure they played lots of first team football and it was guarenteed for them at southend)

Well, the team selection and formation seemed to work well. Played the same formation every match and was happy with it. Can be further tinkered with but as it was so solid I didnt see the point. Worked out slider positions for each place pre-season and stuck with it happily. Seems like the 4-1-3-2 is a solid formation. Differs from my 07 formation so couldnt even pull on last seasons tactics to help.

Formation/Lineup

Probably the most comical part of the season has been Liverpool. They only came 9th in the league and had 3 managers through the season. Benitez was sacked on 2.2.08 and was replaced on 7.2.08 by Marcello Lippi. I absolutely hammered them 5-1 icon_smile.gif while Lippi was in charge (on 22.3.08 at Old Trafford). Lippi only lasted there about 10 weeks because he was then sacked on 26.4.08 and since been replaced by Ramos who was told by Seville they would not be renewing his contract. As an example for how Liverpool done. In the last 10 games of the season they only won 2, drew 4 (3 were 0-0) and lost 4. Ramos was incharge for just 2 games which was 1 win, 1 loss. Be interesting to see how they do next year. Especially as they got no european competition participation.

Well dont want to bore anyone with more information at this junction. Be sure to pop in more often now I am in full swing of playing and try to help people out. Definately liked doing it differently this year and using the actual starting team mainly instead of mass transfers. That been the main reason kept out of the thread, didnt want temptation to get alot of players people mentioned icon_biggrin.gif

Well, Well, Well, what a season it’s been.

The season started well with a nice free flowing fluid Man Utd that tore everything apart, and by virtue of not being able to get the ball, the opposition didn’t score many either. Despite running to a three point lead with a game in hand, slowly I realised teams were starting to adapt to my system (Wigan in particular caused me problems) so I changed to a 4-4-2 diamond, which sured me up during the sticky winter period. After xmas I had a little slump in results, by this time I was 6 points clear and soon to be out of the League Cup (Beat arsenal 8-2 in the round before, then got knocked out by 3-2 by Hull) I then switched back to a 4-4-2, slightly more refined, but equally as devastating. The Premiership was wrapped up after 33 games, and my reserves couldn’t muster the 13 points for 5 games I needed to break the 90 points barrier. In the FA cup final Newcastle once again came so close but yet so far, 3-2, to the United, and the treble loomed large.

My champions League group consisted of Celtic, Benfica and Olympiacos, which I dominated with ease. The Lazio followed, after winning 1-0 at home, I went on to dismantle them 3-0 away. I beat Shalke at home 4-2 in the quarter final, and after losing 2-1 away, Valencia arrived. I’m guessing everyone was predicting goals, they were right, 3-2 at home and then a comeback classic (2-1 down at half time) away to finish 7-4 on aggregate, setting up a confrontation with Arsenal, my blight on FM, having taken 4 points away from them in the league however I was reasonably confident, and a newly revived Gary Neville had been a rock at the back of late.

So the match arrived, and Arsenal took a quick lead, RVP after only 4 minutes. Then one man took over, someone stepped up in Keano V Juventus style and he was Wayne Rooney. Arsenal didn’t know what to do with him, either they closed him down and he took it past them and he slotted home, or they sat off and he struck thunderbolts from 30 yards. A hatrick before half time sealed it. Tevez made the second half academic with a goal just after the restart and we sat back and let Arsenal huff and puff, 4-1 final result, far easier than I expected.

Squad

goalsmh4.jpg

Signings:

I’ll be honest, the financial situation at Man Utd scares me, I have the disadvantage of actually loving the club I’m managing, and I don’t want to screw it up. So I only made two signings, the fans were reprehensive about Owen, but 18 goals in 19(4) games put an end to that, but as usual, injury blighted his form.

transfersys5.jpg

Future Targets. Well I think I’ve for Armand Traore nailed on for a steal (£5.5m inc clauses) Because Evra played 55 games last season without cover, in all honesty, he did brilliantly.

I’m also chasing Daniel Alves, who Ramos seems to hate and therefore doesn’t play him, so if I can get him for about 17m I’ll go for it.

I want rid of Ferdinand, everyone seems to hate him and I want to develop Pique and Johnny Evans, who look FB. This could be VDS, Gary Nev, Scholes and Giggs last season, so I’ll be looking for replacements at the end of the season. Any suggestions about where my squad needs strengthening? Not just in the positions I already highlighted, but other weaknesses you may have spotted, thanks for your help!

Great post icon14.gif And you did really well to win the treble with only one first team signing. I wouldnt get Alves for 17m because, well, I guess i dont like spending that much on defenders. It might mess up your finances too. Besides you have Danny Simpson coming back from loan for added cover. I wouldnt make too many changes as in the summer, as you said, you have many players who are getting old and will need replacing. So I would take time in the coming season to find your targets and begin unsettling them and trying to get the best price.

Originally posted by JawKam:

If you could choose for a right wing, would you choose Giles Barnes or Theo Walcott?

Barnes because of Arsenal basically. I think they are of similar quality and Barnes would be cheaper. Niether are regular first team candidates in my opinion though.

Originally posted by JawKam:

If you could choose for a right wing, would you choose Giles Barnes or Theo Walcott?

have walcott and barnes in my 3rd season and for right wing barnes is a better choice. i got him on twelve month loan in jan and after few games set up a deal to sign him at end of season for 5m. half what i payed for theo

Originally posted by glory utd:

Great post icon14.gif And you did really well to win the treble with only one first team signing. I wouldnt get Alves for 17m because, well, I guess i dont like spending that much on defenders. It might mess up your finances too. Besides you have Danny Simpson coming back from loan for added cover. I wouldnt make too many changes as in the summer, as you said, you have many players who are getting old and will need replacing. So I would take time in the coming season to find your targets and begin unsettling them and trying to get the best price.

Thanks, I might just do that, Traore is a real steal, I managed to get him for 3m up front and then 5m after he plays 2 games (which being cover for evra isn't going to happen next season) and Park Ji-Sung (despite being injured again icon_rolleyes.gif ) did a great job covering for fullback. I might look at a young rightback (similar to traore hopefully), Lee Martin looks like he could be one to act as cover for the wingers this season. Johnny Evans and Pique are getting the chance, at Ferdinand's expence. a) it will reduce the wage budget, and b) Owen Hargreaves in particular hates him. Now I just need a buyer.

Also sorry for the multiple posts, but as you can see, I'm not the best at buying and selling, I tend to just give up and give them what they want (or accept the best offer) does anyone have any tips about getting half decent money for selling players and "unsetteling" potential targets, because I could use the extra £££. I've also just been given a £40m transfer budget, which I'm going to try not to spend, because it will upset the accountant and the team balence, but it's nice to have for emergency's I suppose.

You definitely need a right back. I'd recommend De Silvestri of Lazio. Young and damn good. Maybe a winger too. And it is pretty obvious that you aren't very good at buying and selling. I got Owen for £10m, sold Fangzhuo for £3m and sold Bardsley for £5m-I'm still in shock over that one. Traore isn't much of a LB imo and I wouldn't have paid £8m for him either. Good LB's are hard to come by though. I would have suggested Lescott.

Btw, anybody who hasn't sold PJS yet should really think about playing him as a DM. His stats are really suited to it. His mental stats for it, in particular are brilliant.

Is Abou Diaby any good on 08? Roma paid 20m for him but is now valued at 5m and is unsettled. his average rating in the current season is 5.83 but this is after about 10 sub appearences

Not in a million years. Not even if all my midfielders were crippled.

is john cofie in the game guys? cheers

No. Check Burnley's U18's.

Originally posted by Evon:

You definitely need a right back. I'd recommend De Silvestri of Lazio. Young and damn good. Maybe a winger too. And it is pretty obvious that you aren't very good at buying and selling. I got Owen for £10m, sold Fangzhuo for £3m and sold Bardsley for £5m-I'm still in shock over that one.

No need to rub it in icon_biggrin.gif, I've just got Bojan for 5m + clauses. I really want rid of Ferdinand, so if your going to start giving tips to get rid of him, I'd apriciate it. I've just got Alves, just under 20m (like 15m over 24 months).

Traore isn't much of a LB imo and I wouldn't have paid £8m for him either. Good LB's are hard to come by though. I would have suggested Lescott.

I like my fullbacks to be quick, and I don't think Lescott could be gotten as cheaply or willing to sit on the bech. Traore is pretty useful, he really is just a backup to Evra, he's good physically and decent in def and going forward, I might have payed a little over the odds, but its over a long period, and hes happy to sit in the reserves, so I'm good with it.

Btw, anybody who hasn't sold PJS yet should really think about playing him as a DM. His stats are really suited to it. His mental stats for it, in particular are brilliant.
due to my fullback problem I played him there for a couple of games, he was pretty consistant and didn't struggle in the air as much as had expected, although I did have to change my set piece settings around.

Put him on the transfer list, set his squad status to not needed then offer him around for nothing. Set his transfer instructions to reject all offers. When all the offers have finished coming in, set it back to None. Then offer him around for nothing up front and whatever you want over 24 months. I usually try high prices and then gradually go down. The risk in that is that they become interested. But I sold Bardsley for £5m like that icon_smile.gif I'd try around £30m first, maybe £35m or £40m if there are really alot of clubs interested.

Originally posted by bhoy1980:

Gutted to lose the EPL to Chelsea on the final day - 1 point the difference. My only really big signing was Riquelme - not been brilliant to be honest. I'll apologise in advance but I sold Ronaldo to Arsenal as I wanted to see how I could fare without him. Nihat has been a reasonable replacement as I've won the league cup, Fa Cup and Champs League.

Anyone got any suggestions for a target man for next season?

I have Riqueleme & he's done brilliantly for me. I play him as a MC coz he lacks the pace i feel to be an AMC.

Selling Ronaldo is crazy, especially to Arsenal lol, shoulda sold him a foreign club really..

These are some great results i've picked out using the Fiora2 Tactic which i find works very well with United.

You can find this tactic in the Tactics Forum.

I'm using links to the Screenshots as there's too many images to be putting on this page..

Champions League 2008/09 Q Final vs Milan

Champions League 2008/09 Final vs Getafe

Champions League 2009/10 Group Stage vs Valencia

Premiership 2009/10 vs Liverpool (Away)

Premiership 2009/10 vs Chelsea (Home)

Premiership 2009/10 vs Watford (Home)

In a previous post i mentioned how Anelka had been a great buy. Here are some Screenshots to prove so...

Anelka Uefa Golden Boot

Anelka Champions League Golden Boot

The financial management of Man Utd is critical for long term success. I'm interested in what people are doing that is working (or not working) to balance the books...or better yet to swell the cofers.

I've focused on buying young developing players, who will sign for low wages. I am willing to pay a significant (although never big transfer fee) but will not pay a high wage. I wanted to be cautious in the first season about upsetting the equalibrium of the first team, but now have focused on trimming the wages. I have sold many reserve players who I thought had little chance of making an impact with the first team; I took little or no cash up front, preferring more in installments and a 50% sell on. When there were multiple suitors for reserve players I often rejected clubs where I thought the player might either stay for many, many years or not be good enough to play regularly: I want that sell on fee!

Of course commercial feeders are huge and playing tour friendlies in countries with feeders helps. I also add frienly clauses when selling a player to a big club. It doesn't cost them anything, makes a little change for us and gives us a pre-season match against quality opposition.

One of the biggest mistakes I've made in past FM/CM versions is very quickly aquiring a bloated squad. It is so easy find available, inexpensive, high quality players. It has also tended to be much harder to sell players! With Man Utd's debt, it is critical to be highly disciplined in buying players. Transfer discipline and the integration of short, intermediate and long range planning are the biggest key for me. Ex. Andrea Pirlo could be had on my game and I had the room in my transfer and wage budget, but I was set at DMC and MC: I had to maintain the discipline.

I have read the media and "supporters" hysterical ravings about Man Utd's ("The Glazer's") debt and the mechanics of servicing it and it is nonsense. I have no idea where supporters clubs get information about what is essentially a private equity holding. I do not blame SI for the very innacurate (from the real world) representation of Man Utd's debt when the only info they can get is based on what is in the public domain. I spend much of my non-FM-football-girlfriend time watching and reading the financial/market news and the financial media doesn't understand finance or financial markets either (thank God or I might actually have to work for a living!).

This may be the best time in human history to be in debt. At the moment money is essentially free...yes free! If you don't understand ask a CFO. Or BHP Biliton, or Freeport McMoran, or Rio Tinto or Transocean or Global Santa Fe or...how about the Glazers.

An anecdote. I wouldn't say I know the Glazers, but I've said hello to them and my dog...uh...dropped her biscuits on one of the brother's (I can never remember which is which, Bryan, maybe) front lawn...several times. Nice house...no I will not tell you the address, but I think the city is public knowledge.

Anyfind impressed by Saha?

Im in my third season now and I let him rot in my reserves for the second season. Palacio was doing a great job and I play 1 striker up front.

However, I let him start a few games and hes got 5 goals in 2 appearances! Looking sharp now!

I won the first season after 33 matches.

The 34th match I lost Chelsea 2:1 was a brilliant score!

My squad was:

Foster

Emanuelson

Sakho

Pique

Cathcart

Ratinho

Gibson

Lomski

Esposito

Saivet

And amazingly I only let in two goals, after all my lineup might even lost to Derby! Saivet scored as well pass Cech! Cool!

Finances boosting from monthly installments from Barcelona through sales of Evra and Vidic (40 mil each)

Got hold of Barnes in January. English btw!

Emanuelson replaces Evra, and no CB bought, had to let Pique step over and what's more I have got Cathcart, Evans and Sakho coming up!

I have read the media and "supporters" hysterical ravings about Man Utd's ("The Glazer's") debt and the mechanics of servicing it and it is nonsense. I have no idea where supporters clubs get information about what is essentially a private equity holding.

You can get financial information on any private company you like, essentially from company house. Every single organisation/company in the UK has to produce financial figures for their financial year, it is a legal requirement. These figures go to Company House, and for a fee of about £18 any person get get a copy of them.

So, I would say the figures are more than likley, and unfortunatley, very accurate.

Originally posted by Jambo4eva:

Just about to start a Man Utd game

How much money do they get to spend ?

Not that much, think I got about £10 million, saying I could challenge for the title. If you say you can win it, think you get something like £12 million.

Originally posted by Noni.:

Anyfind impressed by Saha?

Im in my third season now and I let him rot in my reserves for the second season. Palacio was doing a great job and I play 1 striker up front.

However, I let him start a few games and hes got 5 goals in 2 appearances! Looking sharp now!

Saha has done brilliant for me as a targetman. Damn he's quite old now

Does anyone know how to get the best from Ronaldo?

I play him in the AMR role with Anderson AMC and Tevez AML with Rooney up top

Tevez, Rooney and Anderson are playing brilliantly and have scored 29 goals between them in 12 games but Ronaldo has not found the net once and has only one assist.

I play him with run with ball often and forward runs mixed. High creativity and short passing.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong with him?

My god I am having a terrible first season, consistancy is just a problem at the moment with my team, some games they play brilliant and then they put out a mediocre performance the following week. Morale is a big problem for me as it seem to always be very low... I am getting alot of injuries too but that is no excuse for the fact that I failed to progress from the group stages in the Champions League! UEFA Cup here I come icon_rolleyes.gif

On the plus side I am still in all other cup competitions and still in touch with Chelsea who are first in the League.

Micah Richards is listed for loan aswell! And my scouts are raving about Lulinha and Saivet..

I've just reached the halfway point in the first season with United. I play the game on my other computer which doesn't have the internet on it so I'll try not to forget anything.

Players out:

Edwin Van der sar £2m - Bayern Munich

Wes Brown £9.5m - Seville

John O'shea £6m - Aston Villa

Darren Fletcher £6m - Tottenham

David Gray £1m - Celtic

Dong Fangzhou £3m - Deportivo

Patrice Evra £35m - Real Madrid (Wanted to keep him but board accepted offer)

Total - £62.5m

Players in:

Igor Akinfeev - £12m

Carlos Diogo - £10

Vincent Kompany - £11.5m

Alberto Zapater - £7m

Marcelo - £5.5m

Total -£46m

I am currently top of the premiership 6 points clear of chelsea and 21 points clear of everton in third. Both Liverpool and Arsenal are in the bottom 5 with Benitez already sacked. :-D

Just about scraped through the group stage of the champions league after a few lacklustre performances piping lyon to the top of the group by beating them in the last match

We were knocked out of the league cup by Birmingham 2-0 in the 1/4 finals, but I played my reserves/kids in those games so not that bothered about it.

Current Squad (First team on the left)

The Formation is 4-2-3-1

GK Akinfeev/Kuszczak/Foster

RB Diogo/Neville

LB Marcelo/Ji-sung park (I am re-training him)

CB Vidic/Pique

CB Ferdinand/Kompany/Evans

MC Hargreaves/Carrick

MC Zapter/Gibson

AMR Ronaldo/Nani

AML Tevez/Giggs

AMC Anderson/Scholes

FC Rooney/Saha

Some other points of interest (or perhaps not) I have completely changed my backroom staff can not remember all of the changes off the top of my head. I have also released most of my under-18 squad for being crap.

I'm looking for players to replace Neville, Scholes and Giggs. Does anyone know how Danny Simpson and Sam Hewson turn out before I spend money on replacements?

Archived