[FM24] England Level 10 Now Released

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, lionel messi said:

I dont go any lower than Level 10 for a number of reasons.

All it does going below Level 10 is it adds 100's of more teams & Leagues which are not much difference in terms of quality and you can just steam roll through the levels.

I also go into great detail with my database which would not only add many more hours of work it would not be of a quality i would be happy with.

It also slows the game down considerably adding all the extra Leagues & Cups

fair call mate. love your work on this. the game wouldnt be the same without guys like you doing this

24 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

is it processing results from a FA Competion?

that can sometimes take a while due to a large amount of fixtures

Yes, that was my guess as it was the day before the fa cup tie! Thought it would have been strange to have crashed on your database, as you've actually taken the time to test it properly

Edited by iGoldenBen

3 hours ago, lionel messi said:

I have not touched the youth competions, they are as they come in game.

I could fix them at a later date if they are missing.

I check in pre editor the competitions already in there, but i think you forget to add in england tab.

I already fixed by myself in pre editor. Thank you for your hard work in this custom database. 

20231212_213310_Football_Manager_2024.png

Edited by Saradiamanta

@Saradiamanta Thanks for spotting this. Here's a guide if anyone else wants to change it in the advanced editor.

In the FM24 editor, load Messi's database. On the left side, go to England dropdown menu:

England > Competitions > Add

There you add FA Youth Cup and U21 Division 4 Cup to the already existing list.

Then save, test all rules to re-verify, save again.

Edited by Liffa

49 minutes ago, Liffa said:

@Saradiamanta Thanks for spotting this. Here's a guide if anyone else wants to change it in the advanced editor.

In the FM24 editor, load Messi's database. On the left side, go to England dropdown menu:

England > Competitions > Add

There you add FA Youth Cup and U21 Division 4 Cup to the already existing list.

Then save, test all rules to re-verify, save again.

I will do it in the next couple of days.

Sorry if I'm jumping in here, also sorry for my bad English. This story with the "missing" leagues - is that an error or is it cosmetic?

I would be grateful for clarification, as I would really like to start my save with this great file, but without any bad feeling because a competition might still be missing?

21 minutes ago, Conardo said:

Sorry if I'm jumping in here, also sorry for my bad English. This story with the "missing" leagues - is that an error or is it cosmetic?

I would be grateful for clarification, as I would really like to start my save with this great file, but without any bad feeling because a competition might still be missing?

Its just the FA youth cup and another youth competion as well.

i will add them in soon

Thanks @lionel messi.  Great work as always.

Don't know if anyone else is seeing the same issue as me but when I start a new save with a Tier 9 team I am having issues with wages.  If I start the game including players in the team then I am already over budget as the game fills out a full senior, U21 and U18 team.  I have to release all the players but its still not enough.

If I go without players then I get a wage budget of £10p/w and even though everyone is on appearance fees only, I am still unable to sign anyone because it breaks the club budget rules.

Should these teams have an U21 and U18 squad at tier 9?

@Don_Sham That's a tricky issue... IRL teams down to tier 9 seem  to have U18 squads since most of them take part in the FA Youth Cup. By the info I found 622 U18 teams took part last year. Probably more this year since the number has risen from ~400 in 2015/2016. Unfortunately the FM default database only includes U18 down to tier 6 in the FA Youth Cup.

https://www.thefa.com/competitions/fa-youth-cup/results

7 minutes ago, darkprometheus112 said:

Error the patches at the Southern League Division 1 Central with Biggleswade Town and Biggleswade.  Biggleswade Town has the correct one however Biggleswade does not.  Here is the patch for Biggleswade.

image.png.36eef65b8110d4473db2de4e2cc86eb3.png

Thats down to the logo pack not the database

12 hours ago, Don_Sham said:

Thanks @lionel messi.  Great work as always.

Don't know if anyone else is seeing the same issue as me but when I start a new save with a Tier 9 team I am having issues with wages.  If I start the game including players in the team then I am already over budget as the game fills out a full senior, U21 and U18 team.  I have to release all the players but its still not enough.

If I go without players then I get a wage budget of £10p/w and even though everyone is on appearance fees only, I am still unable to sign anyone because it breaks the club budget rules.

Should these teams have an U21 and U18 squad at tier 9?

Have you reduced your scouting budget? I think FM sets these at 20k by default. If you reduce that it will go into your Transfer budget. You can then reduce your transfer budget and it will assign that to your wage budget.

15 hours ago, Liffa said:

@Don_Sham That's a tricky issue... IRL teams down to tier 9 seem  to have U18 squads since most of them take part in the FA Youth Cup. By the info I found 622 U18 teams took part last year. Probably more this year since the number has risen from ~400 in 2015/2016. Unfortunately the FM default database only includes U18 down to tier 6 in the FA Youth Cup.

https://www.thefa.com/competitions/fa-youth-cup/results

Thanks, there may be U18s but I don't think they will have both a U21 and U18 team.  My son plays for the League 9 team I am playing and they only have a U18 squad not an U21.  When I do a Gillingham save, they only have a U18 in league 2 which I think is the common one.

2 hours ago, henderj said:

Have you reduced your scouting budget? I think FM sets these at 20k by default. If you reduce that it will go into your Transfer budget. You can then reduce your transfer budget and it will assign that to your wage budget.

Wil give it a try and see if it works out.  Thanks for the tip.

3 hours ago, henderj said:

I gave it a go, but it only lets you take your scouting budget down to $10k which still wasn't enough to get a wage bill.  Think it has to be a combination of releasing all your U21s and U18s and reducing the scouting budget to get into a position to play the game properly.

5 minutes ago, Don_Sham said:

I gave it a go, but it only lets you take your scouting budget down to $10k which still wasn't enough to get a wage bill.  Think it has to be a combination of releasing all your U21s and U18s and reducing the scouting budget to get into a position to play the game properly.

Thats how it is at these Levels not much money to play with, try getting rid of some high earners and replace with cheap ones

first of all i will thank you a lot sir, great work. @lionel messi I am planning a long term save with this database. and therefore i have a question.

is the issue with the youth fa cup and the u21 divison cup a big problem? does that mean that my youth team will never participate in the fa cup or will they play as soon as i go up to tier 6?

Edited by eren39

4 minutes ago, eren39 said:

first of all i will thank you a lot sir, great work. @lionel messi I am planning a long term save with this database. and therefore i have a question.

is the issue with the youth fa cup and the u21 divison cup a big problem? does that mean that my youth team will never participate in the fa cup or will they play as soon as i go up to tier 6?

youth teams cant enter the FA Cup only first teams, the issue with the Youth cup will be fixed in my next update.

7 hours ago, lionel messi said:

its due to the lenth of the award and the lenth of the league, it cant fit it all on screen

Could be the "short name" glitch? If you duplicate an award, you have to actually make a change to the "short name" (can just change a letter, tab away, then click back in and change it back, you can see under "changes" that it will now register). A lot of times when duplicating an award, we just leave the "short name" unchanged because it already says "team of the week" or whatever, but that's a visual glitch and you do have to register a change

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

Could be the "short name" glitch? If you duplicate an award, you have to actually make a change to the "short name" (can just change a letter, tab away, then click back in and change it back, you can see under "changes" that it will now register). A lot of times when duplicating an award, we just leave the "short name" unchanged because it already says "team of the week" or whatever, but that's a visual glitch and you do have to register a change

will this actually fix it though, im not sure its fixed itself in the past but i can do this if i know it actually works.

do you think you could mass edit change it then change it back 1 by 1, would that work?

1 hour ago, lionel messi said:

will this actually fix it though, im not sure its fixed itself in the past but i can do this if i know it actually works.

do you think you could mass edit change it then change it back 1 by 1, would that work?

It should work, I've noticed it when cloning a team of the week/player of the week and only changing the long name. The short name change seems to fix it.

As long as short name shows up as an editable field when you mass edit, you should be fine. You could probably do the change back as a mass edit too, if you did all the "team of the week"s together (same short name, which is the source of this issue), "player of the week" etc.

The source is duplicating existing awards, you're like "oh I only need to change long name to Southern County Team of the Week because the short name already says Team of the Week." But the duplicated short name will actually show as blank in-game unless it has a change registered 

14 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

It should work, I've noticed it when cloning a team of the week/player of the week and only changing the long name. The short name change seems to fix it.

As long as short name shows up as an editable field when you mass edit, you should be fine. You could probably do the change back as a mass edit too, if you did all the "team of the week"s together (same short name, which is the source of this issue), "player of the week" etc.

The source is duplicating existing awards, you're like "oh I only need to change long name to Southern County Team of the Week because the short name already says Team of the Week." But the duplicated short name will actually show as blank in-game unless it has a change registered 

I have gone in and done them 1 by 1, nearly done them all now.

Do you know how you change the ones that cant be changed?

I want to change the awards at sky bet League one and two, to sky bet league 1 and 2 has i think it looks better.