Removing Brexit

Roy Race 9

I'm still editing and haven't tested making transfers to confirm it works, but it LOOKS like it will/should.

By going to England-Relationships-Nations Treated as Non-Foreign and adding European Union under agreements it effectively works around Brexit.  Brexit has still happened, but EU nations are treated as Non-Foreign (same way game treats UK & Ireland and Non-Foreign in game).

I repeated this for Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

This will only effect EU players coming into UK nations.

I've also added Treated as Non-Foreign UK & Ireland to Spain, France and Italy (easily duplicated for any other nations effected).

For Italy to treat UK players as Non-Foreign/Non-EU each player has to be manually edited in DB to UN-CHECK Treated As Non-EU in Italy box.

The Treated as Non-Foreign (or Treated as Non-EU) is used in default for multiple nation including UK & Ireland, Spain, France, Italy, Portugal and Germany (I'm sure there are many others).  

It should allow English (and other UK nations) to sign EU players without restriction.  HOWEVER, it will have the Brexit Work Permit system for other foreign players.  And the game will still have the Brexit notification.

image.thumb.jpeg.deecb64cb68cba5e1f15391811266c0e.jpeg

\

28 minutes ago, DominicForza said:

I'm still editing and haven't tested making transfers to confirm it works, but it LOOKS like it will/should.

By going to England-Relationships-Nations Treated as Non-Foreign and adding European Union under agreements it effectively works around Brexit.  Brexit has still happened, but EU nations are treated as Non-Foreign (same way game treats UK & Ireland and Non-Foreign in game).

I repeated this for Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

This will only effect EU players coming into UK nations.

I've also added Treated as Non-Foreign UK & Ireland to Spain, France and Italy (easily duplicated for any other nations effected).

For Italy to treat UK players as Non-Foreign/Non-EU each player has to be manually edited in DB to UN-CHECK Treated As Non-EU in Italy box.

The Treated as Non-Foreign (or Treated as Non-EU) is used in default for multiple nation including UK & Ireland, Spain, France, Italy, Portugal and Germany (I'm sure there are many others).  

It should allow English (and other UK nations) to sign EU players without restriction.  HOWEVER, it will have the Brexit Work Permit system for other foreign players.  And the game will still have the Brexit notification.

image.thumb.jpeg.deecb64cb68cba5e1f15391811266c0e.jpeg

\

yes mate thats a workaround and thanks for sharing, it was something we were using in fm23

we are actually trying to remove Brexit and get UK back in EU

to a degree we have, as the agreement show back in game, but there are some hard coded rules still showing  Brexit happened 1/1/21 in the leagues we are trying to remove that now and await feedback from SI

1 hour ago, Roy Race 9 said:

yes mate thats a workaround and thanks for sharing, it was something we were using in fm23

we are actually trying to remove Brexit and get UK back in EU

to a degree we have, as the agreement show back in game, but there are some hard coded rules still showing  Brexit happened 1/1/21 in the leagues we are trying to remove that now and await feedback from SI

Thanks for clarifying.   Brexit was removable in FM23...I don't remember how...I think there was a screen in Advanced Rules that had to be unclicked.  I forget.

Hope you guys find a way to remove it.    I respect the GRIND!

I'm also interested in this as I am waiting to be able to remove brexit before starting a long term save.  Can anyone confirm if @Wolf_pd's solution means that leagues in Europe treat English players as EU where they have non-EU player limits (Germany, Italy and I think Spain all do for example)?  I don't want to remove work permits entirely from England, just turn it back to how it was pre-brexit travesty

Just wanted to add appreciation for Wolf's and Roy's efforts on this!

Edited by WhyMe

I changed the date on @Wolf_pd's file for England to join the EU to 2022 and started a new game to test with a manager in England and one in charge of AC Milan (who have 2 English players), whilst England does seem to show up as EU again for the premier league manager players like Tomori and Loftus-Cheek are still considered foreign in Italy.  Has anyone been able to change it so this doesn't happen with English players being treated as EU for European nations?

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

A lot of people voted leave.

lol but with the file - did we ever find a way - I legit cant play with brexit its so trash ruins every save 

9 minutes ago, Gross_Ballon said:

lol but with the file - did we ever find a way - I legit cant play with brexit its so trash ruins every save 

Brexit can be removed, but the text that Brexit happened isn't removed in game. So that's a visual glitch. That was the status for 24.0, I haven't checked for 24.3

• 1 month later...