Removing Brexit

Roy Race 9

Anyone tried removing Brexit?

found issue adding Agreements if you press add it only registers one entry, try adding a second it fails

this was the same last year but got around it by copying the Agreements from a country in EU and pasting it.

also there were additional helpers in FM23 specific Brexit rules - not displaying in advanced rules in FM24[but the rules are showing in game, hope they are not hard coded this time]

managed to add the agreements back by editing the agreements directly rather than the nation

[however in game Brexit still remains anyone been able to reverse it this year, never had an issue previously ]

image.thumb.png.95bd445cecdfb756638146e8ddc9ecaa.png

image.thumb.png.f26c9201f318d90fe6797cd8e28225aa.png

Edited by Roy Race 9

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Brexit has had a cleanup probably since any changing regulations are in the past now.

yes totally

so putting England/UK back in EU  via the agreements tab  it should in theory be all that is involved

unless there is something hard coded as I have done this but it has no effect in game

I am finding several files tested and loaded are also being ignored in game eg fixtures/results they are overiden ?

Edited by Roy Race 9

I was thinking about how your work on Scotland, Wales etc meant you could "unlock" all that language about them not Brexiting. I wonder if they also have leftover code from that thing in the FM17 beta (or thereabouts. Might have just been screenshots from a testing environment at SI HQ) where Northern Ireland would unify with the Republic, and if you could activate this somehow

Tried setting up an agreement  change-as it states it is a joining/leaving feature so by leaving the box unticked it means the country will join the agreement at the said date.

used 2022/2023/2024 no joy

gone into the dbc files - removed the  brexit dbc file there and made no difference

I have even taken the home nations out of the UK as a region and set them to Northern Europe...you guessed it no change

image.thumb.png.7f2e8e1725e9f55842fd70189625f8bc.png

Edited by Roy Race 9

I have a Brexit removal in one of my files. Need to check what happened to those changes after loading the file into FM24.

My change was that England never left btw, but that's because in my time (1988) Brexit was still a long time away and Boris Johnson was still a reasonable man (no, he was not!)

Have you tried Nations Treated as non-Foreign menu tab and adding European Union?

This SHOULD work for importing players from EU to UK nations, but UK players will still be treated as non-EU by EU nations (unless they have a non-foreign clause for UK nations).

+following. 

I have not bought the game yet. But I want to ensure I can remove Brexit for EPL before purchasing. Finding/signing regens/wonderkids is one of the best parts of the game for me. I think I will buy the game through Steam. 

@Roy Race 9 or anyone, What tool are you using to make these editions? Is it part of the game? Or is it some editor I need to purchase? If so, can I get it on Steam? It looks like Steam has an In-game editor but not a Pre-editor. Assume they are two different things. 

Edited by gorkembjk1903

1 hour ago, gorkembjk1903 said:

@Roy Race 9 or anyone, What tool are you using to make these editions? Is it part of the game? Or is it some editor I need to purchase? If so, can I get it on Steam? It looks like Steam has an In-game editor but not a Pre-editor. Assume they are two different things. 

The pre game editor is included when you purchase from Steam. You won't see it when you don't have the game.

10 hours ago, DominicForza said:

Have you tried Nations Treated as non-Foreign menu tab and adding European Union?

This SHOULD work for importing players from EU to UK nations, but UK players will still be treated as non-EU by EU nations (unless they have a non-foreign clause for UK nations).

yes mate that should work cheers

what I am trying to address is removing Brexit 

so in game from this

image.thumb.png.54ebace43f2dad689e172ea29da024bf.png

to this

image.thumb.png.337653865205a32fc47fe426846a5257.png

it isnt working in FM24

Edited by Roy Race 9

Was probably all hard-coded before, now that Brexit is settled (and dealt with just by having that "settled" status on certain players) they might have removed all the hard-coding? And those are just there for visual reference as their "end date" doesn't apply?

What happens if you extend the end date? Either in that one or by adding a new entry entirely? Or is that what you were talking about in OP

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

Was probably all hard-coded before, now that Brexit is settled (and dealt with just by having that "settled" status on certain players) they might have removed all the hard-coding? And those are just there for visual reference as their "end date" doesn't apply?

What happens if you extend the end date? Either in that one or by adding a new entry entirely? Or is that what you were talking about in OP

Yep

but there were no agreements showing before under that tab so this has been added since initial release?

I have had several serious application errors crashing the editor when doing basic edits already so wonder if there has been a hotfix just for the editor

9 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

It's blank for me

something weird going on

the agreement tab was greyed out a couple of days ago,nows its white

now on just loading the standard DB[no edited file loaded]

agreement tab is-

image.thumb.png.b2963af8a41cc215c35d87639d742c0a.png

image.thumb.png.5cd4ff6f33842b02248cfb1c761bf0b0.png

Edited by Roy Race 9

I don't have the foggiest clue what is going on. Are you sure you have the same editor as I have, or is yours in a different timezone so it's already updated? :D

Have given an update from my side in the bug you logged btw.

3 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

I don't have the foggiest clue what is going on. Are you sure you have the same editor as I have, or is yours in a different timezone so it's already updated? :D

Have given an update from my side in the bug you logged btw.

Thanks

thinking I removed the brexit dbc file is that the issue?

18 minutes ago, Roy Race 9 said:

it was that, removing that causes the agreements to show in editor:brock:

Checking to make sure I understand correctly -

Delete Brexit file in steam-steamapps-fm24-data-database-2300/2330/2340/2400 

Restart FM Editor and the agreements for EU and EEA will be in England-Information-Agreements?

3 minutes ago, DominicForza said:

Checking to make sure I understand correctly -

Delete Brexit file in steam-steamapps-fm24-data-database-2300/2330/2340/2400 

Restart FM Editor and the agreements for EU and EEA will be in England-Information-Agreements?

yes but it makes no difference

image.png.cb51421a7023a78598dc8a0f986314f7.pngas shown above this is what is displayed

there is a bug report as several of us have tried various ways including @Wolf_pd and it seems hard coded

I have even tried in advanced rules setting up UK to rejoin EU via new agreements tab at a later date, it wont happen then game just doesnt allow UK to rejoin EU

3 minutes ago, Roy Race 9 said:

I have even tried in advanced rules setting up UK to rejoin EU via new agreements tab at a later date, it wont happen then game just doesnt allow UK to rejoin EU

Tried the same, no success.

8 minutes ago, Roy Race 9 said:

yes but it makes no difference

image.png.cb51421a7023a78598dc8a0f986314f7.pngas shown above this is what is displayed

there is a bug report as several of us have tried various ways including @Wolf_pd and it seems hard coded

Ah, I see.  That's annoying.   

I've been doing a work around by going to England-Realtionships-Nations Treated as non-Foreign and adding Agreements- EU (same for Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland)

That makes EU players treated as non-foreign but other EU nations treat UK players as non-EU.   I've edited that for a few leagues to treat UK&Ireland as EU as well.   With Italy I then have to go to each player and uncheck the Treated as Non-EU in Italy box on the individual Players General screen.

Pain in the butt, but it works.  

Edit: Its pretty simple to make EU treated as non-foreign in UK.  The pain in the butt is to make them treated as EU/non-foreign in different leagues.  I really only care about doing that in Italy, Spain and France.  

Edited by DominicForza
added info

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

Nothing you can do with putting GB or UK in the EU can you? Two separate nations each with their own unique ID

Yeah, these are separate.

I think the GB one is having hard-coded to be usable for the Olympic Games and can't be used properly to convert to a different nations. At least, that's what happened in FM20 and FM22.

5 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Is that the same one that operates in the background as a sort of pan-British hidden nationality for work permit purposes? I wonder if we could con the game's coding by putting that one in the agreements

thats the one

might be possible

but reported this as a bug would be good to get an explanation from SI instead of trying to spend hours again fixing things;)

@Roy Race 9 I super appreciate your work on this my friend. I have been working on it too.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3077441690 (This apparently works for importing players to the UK from the EU, but does not remove their flag as Non-EU when going into EU Nations. This is a problem for balance)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3078971004 (This seems to do the same thing and also takes out player limits)

Has anyone figured out how we can simply remove the Brexit flag all together?

I cant believe SI doesnt have a toggle for this. Their Brexit system isnt even accurate. 

3 minutes ago, PixelEnthusiast said:

@Roy Race 9 I super appreciate your work on this my friend. I have been working on it too.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3077441690 (This apparently works for importing players to the UK from the EU, but does not remove their flag as Non-EU when going into EU Nations. This is a problem for balance)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3078971004 (This seems to do the same thing and also takes out player limits)

Has anyone figured out how we can simply remove the Brexit flag all together?

I cant believe SI doesnt have a toggle for this. Their Brexit system isnt even accurate. 

myself and @Wolf_pd are trying something now he made a great spot regards Serbia joining EU 

there is a section under additional helpers for a nation to join EU testing it now, this may be the fix:D

22 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Is that the same one that operates in the background as a sort of pan-British hidden nationality for work permit purposes? I wonder if we could con the game's coding by putting that one in the agreements

looking like its the good old additional helpers mate we used them last year to fix a few things lets hope it does the trick again

image.thumb.png.fab64e21e7e068ba3e4262b0ac6fff7d.png

2 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Only thing I need to check for myself is whether retroactively works, but since it is almost midnight here, that's for tomorrow.

I will check it

FYI I used 2023 to rejoin and it works I get the same info on the national page:thup:

however in EPL rules this still shows-

image.thumb.png.64678d9741c86670653260cab1a4937b.png

14 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Here is the file for the rejoin. I set the year on 2024 on purpose, so I could check both the for and after situation in game

image.thumb.png.a402ce1482c5f1927d7bc7a893a2a264.png

England join EU.fmf 40.75 kB · 1 download

1 minute ago, PixelEnthusiast said:

@Roy Race 9 Following. 

Let me know if you get it to work. I am waiting to start my long term save until this gets fixed.

Please let me know if you fix this tonight as I want to play.

I am working on a separate solution as we speak.

wolf has posted a link just change the join date 2023 works

Using 2022 as a join date works

image.thumb.png.0d3a12c27846e08b26183e111c5039b0.png

image.thumb.png.3f2e55973aae1d171330b6f5a522aa29.png

But the league rules in game still shows UK left EU on 1/1/21 is that just a leftover notification from Brexit?

only way to find out is some in game testing .

FYI same outcome for all UK nations they are back in EU according to nation agreements but their league rule say Brexit occurred 1/1/21 

I suggest changing the work permit section from the post Brexit rules to something like the FM21 rules

use UK  points system original where possible have a play around to fit what you want in game

image.thumb.png.f2d546aa3b3988e79840869d28554beb.png

Edited by Roy Race 9

27 minutes ago, PixelEnthusiast said:

@Roy Race 9 I just switched his file to 2023 in additional helpers and started a new game. It looks like it isnt working. England rules read as follows:image.thumb.png.3b22bed80bd15f8a672b0bd99035d272.png

possibly a bug as I said in an earlier reply-check the nation England it shows agreements now as being back in EU

I used 2022 the same thing happens,you will have to trial and see what happens in game Im unable to test until tomorrow

Edited by Roy Race 9

The Brexit mention looks like either hardcoded or the agreement not being processed for every page.

The rules shown for the Premier League are based on the Post-Brexit Work Permit Rules, so testing now what happens when I change them to original and depending on the outcome if I remove them completely.