NewGen player search

I just installed AI newgan face package. Lots of steps to make it happen, but well worth it. 

To your question, I imported a filter in the search field of the player scouting page, so I didn't need to pick any scouting range. sortitout.

:onmehead:

Create a new Head Coach. Stats don't matter, only thing that matters is that the new head coach is unemployed.

Go to the Shortlist tab, you will get all the loaded players listed. Then, import and use the regen filter in order to export only the newly generated players.
After all of that, put that new head coach on an indefinite vacation. 

1 hour ago, phd_angel said:

I just installed AI newgan face package. Lots of steps to make it happen, but well worth it. 

To your question, I imported a filter in the search field of the player scouting page, so I didn't need to pick any scouting range. sortitout.

:onmehead:

Just done that too. Seeing actual human faces instead of the truly awful one’s previously is fantastic and Ok it doesn’t replace all of them but enough though which begs the question if someone has being able to do this why ain’t Si doing it? 

11 minutes ago, Wizard boy said:

Just done that too. Seeing actual human faces instead of the truly awful one’s previously is fantastic and Ok it doesn’t replace all of them but enough though which begs the question if someone has being able to do this why ain’t Si doing it? 

Agreed. I also wonder why SI won't have these already... Maybe it's because each of these face packs take 3 to 5 gb of memory to download?...

1 hour ago, phd_angel said:

Agreed. I also wonder why SI won't have these already... Maybe it's because each of these face packs take 3 to 5 gb of memory to download?...

I think that program used to create those faces are free for amateur use, if SI would include it in their software, I can imagine there would be costs.

And SI have a tool (that's not very good, but still in there) and hopefully they will revisit this too when the switch to Unity happens.

Just now, XaW said:

I think that program used to create those faces are free for amateur use, if SI would include it in their software, I can imagine there would be costs.

And SI have a tool (that's not very good, but still in there) and hopefully they will revisit this too when the switch to Unity happens.

Given the huge difference the AI faces make over the current dross, surely it would be cost-effective for SI to pay up?

I just tried the 'newgan' installer after failing last year - I'm still too tech-dopey to make it work. However, I find it easy enough to pop faces in my graphics folder and add their IDs to my config file, so my academy kids and other naff faces look great, even if players from other teams are same old same old.

13 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Given the huge difference the AI faces make over the current dross, surely it would be cost-effective for SI to pay up?

Dunno, but since they haven't do so yet, there might be circumstances that makes it hard to change. Anyway, I hope for something new in 2025 with the introduction of Unity.

11 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I just tried the 'newgan' installer after failing last year - I'm still too tech-dopey to make it work. However, I find it easy enough to pop faces in my graphics folder and add their IDs to my config file, so my academy kids and other naff faces look great, even if players from other teams are same old same old.

I do recommend installing the newgan pack. Honestly, I nearly gave up when I first watched the video with instructions, but I mustered courage and patience, and, after some 45 minutes, I was very pleased with the AI faces instead of the childish cartoon faces.

SI cant use a lot of this AI tech because in a commercial product they would have to pay huge fees to the companies. The initial person who started this like 3 versions ago used Nvidia GauGAN Ai to make them. It required training the Nvidia AI etc. Mostly everything after is based upon that guys work or done independently using the same techniques. 

Its free to modders because its FREE and not a commercial product.

GauGan can literally tech a toddlers drawing and turn it into a photorealistic picture. It is absolutely insane. This is much different than a lot of the other AI free tech out there. Even Microsoft Bing image generator. These are like pieces of the real AI tech.

There are some companies and apps that do faces that SI prob could license not sure if it would be as good as what the modders could pull off since they can use the most powerful stuff license free.  

I think the reason SI uses the mostly substandard current 3D model based faces is that they get variable hairstyles (which along with skin tone can be aligned with the ME) and expressions. There's more you can do with a model than a static image.

Personally I'm not convinced and would rather they used pre-generated photorealistic AI face images, which in theory could be generated in batches with a set of expressions, ages and hairstyles, and tagged according to ethnicity, skin tone, hairstyle etc so they got assigned to suitable newgens in the database.

But I suspect the switch to Unity and the theoretical possiblity of actually modelling the faces (licensing might hold them back) will mean they stick with bad 3d models...

Edited by enigmatic

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone actually gotten newgan faces with newgan manager to work on fm24?

In the manager, it seems to work when running the report, but in-game it does not work.

In preferences, I have unticked cache, and ticked reload skin. I cannot see any other settings that I have forgotten?

I am using the SAS skin, could that be the issue?

9 hours ago, tool-nes said:

Did anyone actually gotten newgan faces with newgan manager to work on fm24?

In the manager, it seems to work when running the report, but in-game it does not work.

In preferences, I have unticked cache, and ticked reload skin. I cannot see any other settings that I have forgotten?

I am using the SAS skin, could that be the issue?

Use version 1.2.1 version 1.3.1 is awful