Clubs with hard-coded properties like Athletic Bilbao

themodelcitizen

Can we make a definitive list? Teams that can be repurposed for various projects with certain transfer rules or other quirks hard-coded, like Athletic Bilbao being restricted to signing players with Pays Basque second nationality.

Bermuda Hogges - can only sign players with dual nationality of nation/based nation (the rule shows as only players from based nation in-game)

Chivas USA - I believe they can only sign Mexicans? Can this be repurposed?

Chertanovo - Russian team limited to signing academy graduates - i.e. homegrown at club? I believe this can be written over and used elsewhere

Aren't there lower division clubs in England and Andorra that are hard-coded to produce Romanian and Portuguese newgens or something like that?

4 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Aren't there lower division clubs in England and Andorra that are hard-coded to produce Romanian and Portuguese newgens or something like that?

FC Andorra and FC Romania are the ones I think.

39 minutes ago, Fredrik said:

The latter isn't that uncommon. There's eg. a bunch of clubs in Switzerland that produce Albanian regens. 

Isn't that just a Swiss thing though? There are a lot of Albanians in Switzerland so they're a normal part of youth academies there. Like Jamaicans and Nigerians in England or Algerians in France etc.

Not really hard coded specifically for those clubs, but something every club in that country experiences.

Edited by rusty217

Question is whether the clubs are set to produce them hardcoded, or that the nation's newgen setup causes them to be created.

At least 3/4th of FC Romania youth intake is a Romanian newgen which can't be caused by nation newgen setups.

5 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

FC Andorra and FC Romania are the ones I think.

FC Andorra are that Andorran club in the Spanish second tier (owned by Piqué) but I don't think they have any necessarily unique properties outside of that... But you've jogged my memory, I think it's FC Lusitans

5 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Isn't that just a Swiss thing though? There are a lot of Albanians in Switzerland so they're a normal part of youth academies there. Like Jamaicans and Nigerians in England or Algerians in France etc.

Not really hard coded specifically for those clubs, but something every club in that country experiences.

No, I mean that the clubs are hardcoded. I don't have FM23 but check eg. Dardania Basel(and then the other Dardania clubs). It probably should be Kosovo players instead of Albanians but that's not for me to decide. 

Another one is Türkgücu München in Germany. 

2 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

FC Andorra are that Andorran club in the Spanish second tier (owned by Piqué) but I don't think they have any necessarily unique properties outside of that... But you've jogged my memory, I think it's FC Lusitans

FC Andorra will create a large amount of Andorran newgens (I checked and tested). FC Lusitans does the same, but for Portuguese.

20 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

FC Andorra will create a large amount of Andorran newgens (I checked and tested). FC Lusitans does the same, but for Portuguese.

Right, but they're based in Andorra already, so that may just be a function of their based nation/city/stadium site, like Cardiff producing Welsh newgens, rather than any hard-coding.

Ah, I should've taken a closer look, although this thread can focus on the editing potential... I've thought about taking a bunch of these teams and making a SuperLeague of high-rep franchises, each with their own gimmick (one can only sign dual nationals, one can only sign academy products, etc)

On 09/08/2023 at 03:41, themodelcitizen said:

Can we make a definitive list? Teams that can be repurposed for various projects with certain transfer rules or other quirks hard-coded, like Athletic Bilbao being restricted to signing players with Pays Basque second nationality.

Bermuda Hogges - can only sign players with dual nationality of nation/based nation (the rule shows as only players from based nation in-game)

Chivas USA - I believe they can only sign Mexicans? Can this be repurposed?

Chertanovo - Russian team limited to signing academy graduates - i.e. homegrown at club? I believe this can be written over and used elsewhere

I think you mean Chivas Guadalajara (Mexico-based)? - in reality, Chivas USA signed players who weren't of Mexican descent.  That said, I don't know what it says for Chivas USA in the editor.

For Bermuda Hogges, I found something interesting.  I created a 'nation' of Quebec and made the Hogges a Quebec team.  I changed the nation for the region of Quebec from Canada to Quebec but made no changes to the cities (I think - I matched your Quebec file for FM22).  Anyway, newgens generated by any other clubs who were born in the region/cities of Quebec were dual nationals, but those generated by the re-branded Hogges were Quebec nationality only.  I assume that has something to do with the Hogges hard-coding (or perhaps I've done something wrong).

Interesting! Is Bermuda's "based nation" Quebec while all the other teams are Canada?

And yes, I meant the real Chivas! Not sure why my mind went blank and reflexively typed USA, definitely familiar with the old MLS team and the classic Mexican team...

Edited by themodelcitizen

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

Interesting! Is Bermuda's "based nation" Quebec while all the other teams are Canada?

And yes, I meant the real Chivas! Not sure why my mind went blank and reflexively typed USA, definitely familiar with the old MLS team and the classic Mexican team...

Yes, I believe their nation is Canada and the based nation is Quebec, whereas all the other Quebec-based  teams were unchanged.  I'll check how I set the Hogges up when I'm at home to be certain.

Edited by Toronto Blizzard

I thought Oriental Dragon in Portugal creates extra Chinese players. If I look at them they have lots of players (grey and normal) that are Chinese. Gondomar SC (also Portugal) has a lot of Chinese players too. 

With both clubs, those foreign players seems to have their origins at the club.