Way to managers sacked

How can this be normal so SI keep telling me. In just the first season as well and this is just England let alone all the other nations.

12 in the championship

15 managers in league one

13 managers in league two

Untitled.png

a.png

asxa.png

43534534534534.png

Edited by JamieTC13

1 hour ago, JamieTC13 said:

How can this be normal so SI keep telling me. In just the first season as well and this is just England let alone all the other nations.

12 in the championship

15 managers in league one

13 managers in league two

Untitled.png

a.png

asxa.png

43534534534534.png

There's been 34 managers who have left their clubs so far this season in the English leagues (EPL to League 2).  Obviously some of those have left to take on vacancies elsewhere (e.g. Graham Potter).  I wouldn't expect it to carry on at exactly the same rate, but it's not unfeasible for the number IRL to end up higher than your examples.

The Ligue 2 screenshot looks quite odd as well - 5 of those managers were sacked due to poor finances.  This might be a data issue that's worth raising as a bug.

Afaik the average time at a certain club was once around 15 to 18 months for a manager in real life football.

Some specific clubs may have some real long stints with a certain manager (some up to 10yrs and more) while some crisis clubs at times have 5 or 6 manager per season...

So its hard to say if it is that unrealistic i guess - at times a single Manager change makes a whole league to change 2/3 their managers bcs a certain targeted manager suddenly becomes available and an avalanche of changes is started.

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

There's been 34 managers who have left their clubs so far this season in the English leagues (EPL to League 2).  Obviously some of those have left to take on vacancies elsewhere (e.g. Graham Potter).  I wouldn't expect it to carry on at exactly the same rate, but it's not unfeasible for the number IRL to end up higher than your examples.

The Ligue 2 screenshot looks quite odd as well - 5 of those managers were sacked due to poor finances.  This might be a data issue that's worth raising as a bug.

I have raised it as a bug a few times and before the patch came out, but i've got nothing back apart from, "we will look in to it" or "everything is fine our end" so i give up reporting about bugs as i always just get the same answer and nothing ever gets done about what i report.

Have you looked at the real life figures for managers dumped (or left for new job, which is included in your figures)?

They tend to be very similar, sometimes actually higher

It's not surprising that SI isn't responding if you haven't actually provided any evidence there's a problem.

Think 16 managers being sacked from Serie B in game is "some sort of joke"? Looks like 14 got sacked during the course of the 2021-22 season proper and another 10 replaced at the end of the season last year, with Cosenza alone having four managers (who judging by the timings weren't intended to be caretakers!)

On 04/01/2023 at 12:52, JamieTC13 said:

I have raised it as a bug a few times and before the patch came out, but i've got nothing back apart from, "we will look in to it" or "everything is fine our end" so i give up reporting about bugs as i always just get the same answer and nothing ever gets done about what i report.

Do  you expect them to fix it on the spot? The game is millions and millions of lines of code. Not much else to say other than we'll look into it. If you provide hard evidence that it is something out of the norm you'll get more traction. But it's not something  they can just go "if (manager_sacking == too high) {stop} else {continue}"

1 hour ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Do  you expect them to fix it on the spot? The game is millions and millions of lines of code. Not much else to say other than we'll look into it. If you provide hard evidence that it is something out of the norm you'll get more traction. But it's not something  they can just go "if (manager_sacking == too high) {stop} else {continue}"

What more evidence is needed, can't you see the screenshots, what is this csi 

Perhaps there are too many managers sacked in FM but I would argue there are too many sacked in real life.  Perhaps they are sticking to reality too much.  On the other hand, was it the last FM where Solskjaer would regularly stay as manager of Man U for 10-15 seasons?  These days it's unrealistic for a manager to stay at a team for more than 2 maybe 3 seasons.

Edited by priority76

21 minutes ago, priority76 said:

Perhaps there are too many managers sacked in FM but I would argue there are too many sacked in real life.  Perhaps they are sticking to reality too much.  On the other hand, was it the last FM where Solskjaer would regularly stay as manager of Man U for 10-15 seasons?  These days it's unrealistic for a manager to stay at a team for more than 2 maybe 3 seasons.

dsfdsf.png

dfsdfdf.png

Untitled.pngfdsgsdf.png

57 minutes ago, JamieTC13 said:

What more evidence is needed, can't you see the screenshots, what is this csi 

You've done something with an n of 1. Anything could happen with an N of 1. Simulate some seasons and do a t test on the number of managers sacked compared to real life.

• Administrators

In real life eight managers were sacked in the Championship by October. That was after 11 games. At that rate by the end of the season there would have been 32 manager sackings in one division. The PL record for sackings in a season is 15, with 10 happening last season. 

Think for evidence you'd probably be better off using data which covers full seasons rather than this season so far. The data you provided in your Bug Tracker thread hasn't been all that clear - for instance you said Pep got sacked for finishing 2nd in the league - how did he fare in the cups and Europe? 

8 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

In real life eight managers were sacked in the Championship by October. That was after 11 games. At that rate by the end of the season there would have been 32 manager sackings in one division. The PL record for sackings in a season is 15, with 10 happening last season. 

Think for evidence you'd probably be better off using data which covers full seasons rather than this season so far. The data you provided in your Bug Tracker thread hasn't been all that clear - for instance you said Pep got sacked for finishing 2nd in the league - how did he fare in the cups and Europe? 

So if the premier league was 10 last season that isnt 15 is it and Pep was in the semi finals of the fa cup, 5th round league cup and quarter finals champion league, so he should definitely not got sacked. Any way i aint saying no more on the matter. 

Edited by JamieTC13

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, JamieTC13 said:

So if the premier league was 10 last season that isnt 15 is it and Pep was in the semi finals of the fa cup, 5th round league cup and quarter finals champion league, so he should definitely not got sacked. Any way i aint saying no more on the matter. 

Ancelotti finished 2nd with Chelsea and got sacked. Sarri won the league with Juve and got sacked. Emery won a league title and four cups with PSG and got sacked. Del Bosque and Capello both got sacked after winning the league with Real Madrid. 

As said in your Bug Tracker bug we'd need to see specific examples with saves to deduce whether a sacking has been too 'harsh'. 

Just now, JamieTC13 said:

Pep was in the semi finals of the fa cup, 5th round league cup and quarter finals champion league

Failing to win the Champions league again (in fact only reaching the quarter finals) plus not picking up any other silverware (not even reaching a final).  I'd think his position would be in serious jeopardy.