[FM23] From Forest Green U18's - Managing Youth Football, not even a senior team. I don't know how else to explain it.

Makoto Nakamura

Really struggling for a save, lots of ideas but not wanting to put the ideas in motion. I want to do a mercenary manager going after the money, I want to do a Pirates of the Caribbean save and manage there as well, but this is something that I've never seen before and I really don't know how to explain it.

246aff472e283195588dfa69a4a55153.png

Here's the set-up and of course I'm going to choose the worst team available to me, this hopefully won't be a one club save as I'll want to move up the youth ranks.

f140cc26da1d52fe35d8bb87154dce6d.png

673fc0801fe622ca35a09ff47b36ff99.png

eec87bc96325a1b013de43683ad917ce.png

4bce0c651673f30ba9bb655039ee3acb.png

92223bdcf73fb8e4da457e21476fbe0f.png

We start with ten players and no-one willing to sign for us just yet.

bf35385352326a09c720b44ed5522e0d.png

fcd9008c85da373466ebc7cb79b30b09.png

e1aecd95d34326aa367466e7d44fef1a.png

So just what on earth is this? It's one of a few files made by somebody called GDB96 on the steam community, I have no idea how or if this will work but I'm going to give it a go.

9cc3e15342126ea37e9370229b1edb43.png

We're in the U18 Youth Alliance League, the 3rd and bottom tier of youth football available to me and managing the only club available to me, Forest Green Under 18's. 

Edited by Makoto Nakamura

• Makoto Nakamura changed the title to [FM23] From Forest Green U18's - Managing Youth Football, not even a senior team. I don't know how else to explain it.
1 minute ago, KibworthBull said:

Are you able to select any senior players? Be fascinated to see how Youth Intake day works alongside Forest Green senior side.

Michael Olakigbe is on loan at Forest Green from Brentford and was made available for the U18's, he's the only one in the senior side young enough to play for us whilst Dylan John, Kailan Bittner & Jerry Harrod are members of the B Team. We shall see once we get to April!

1 minute ago, _Ben_ said:

Mad, even for you!

Quite, it may not work out but I'm giving it a shot! 

FOREST GREEN UNDER 18s. What do we call you - The Saplings? Green Shoots?  :D

I love a youth save me, it's what my threads are all about. You seem to be doing very well, despite assuming you'd be out of your depth at the start. That always happens to me.

To clarify - am I correct in thinking you have no say in who comes into your squad? Are you under any obligation to play any players, such as first team youth who need to gain fitness? Can you bin off any clutter? It would be a great challenge if you were purely a coach responsible for nurturing kids to promote to their senior side.

Looks intriguing, anyway. I'm following. :thup:

9 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

FOREST GREEN UNDER 18s. What do we call you - The Saplings? Green Shoots?  :D

I love a youth save me, it's what my threads are all about. You seem to be doing very well, despite assuming you'd be out of your depth at the start. That always happens to me.

To clarify - am I correct in thinking you have no say in who comes into your squad? Are you under any obligation to play any players, such as first team youth who need to gain fitness? Can you bin off any clutter? It would be a great challenge if you were purely a coach responsible for nurturing kids to promote to their senior side.

Looks intriguing, anyway. I'm following. :thup:

We'll go with the saplings! :D

We're definitely doing far better than I expected even with the mass influx of players, thankfully everyone is only on a contract until June anyway so we shall see what happens at the end of the season!

I can sign whoever I want that is under 18 as long as they're interested and I don't have to play anyone that's made available to me. A lot of clutter will be binned off at the end of the season! I just signed everyone that had a pulse and if they didn't make any appearances then they will be gone! It will be interesting to see if any players make the step up but the pinnacle for me will to manage someone like Man Utd U18's since they could actually be stars. :lol:

9 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

What is the goal here? Can you make promotion to the Premier League 2? The highest youth competition in England?

Try and get promotion to the 2nd tier but it won't be a one club save, I want to manage one of the big clubs youth teams. I have also added the youth competitions as well so maybe try and manage in some of them.

Forest Green Rovers FC logo

2022/23 End of Season

b1203ac39909febb8083f1a56b7a0542.png

9af598d4b3bc04016a1dfe4f036ed57e.png

Winning the final game of the season sees us promoted to the 2nd tier! Unfortunately we don't get any proper end of season stats or review or anything like that but oh well!

8e8f52c81351ed04cf354d59f2798455.jpg

I have no clue why it shows so few appearances for basically everybody, maybe due to moving between teams?

Key Players:

61d693a350c1267660573d3f9e5b06fd.png

4e52f66e8940aac84fc063ecac16ad70.png

554dd0ef338f931cc8a5d19c31fd7987.png

Extremely intrigued by this save, would love to see you work your way up the ranks through different academies before ultimately getting one of the big boys and winning PL2/UEFA Youth League + the youth World Cup/Euro's would be pretty cool too. Looking forward to seeing how this pans out!

7 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

So are the first teams active on this db? I'm very confused as to how this has been done :D

Yep the first teams are active as well, I have down to the Vanarama North/South loaded.

5 hours ago, Jurds said:

Extremely intrigued by this save, would love to see you work your way up the ranks through different academies before ultimately getting one of the big boys and winning PL2/UEFA Youth League + the youth World Cup/Euro's would be pretty cool too. Looking forward to seeing how this pans out!

I honestly have no clue what competitions we do and don't enter, I'll settle for winning the top tier. I may not be at Forest Green for much longer though!