Probably the best tactic out there! [fm09]

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was QPR and after 23 games in the first season I was 21st.

Changed to the tactic in the first post of this thread and I finished 8th. Of course my fantastic work in the January transfer window can take some credit for this. ;o)

Probably the best tactic out there???? Definitely Not!!!! I started pretty well with SL Benfica with my own tactic! 1st season I won the League, League cup, Portuguese cup and UEFA cup! After that, I signed for Valencia when they were in 12th position (December 2010). To try to solve the crisis, I've tryed your "best tactic", and guess what? I won 9, draw 4 and lost 7 games!!! I lost 0-2 against Almeria!!!!!!! So, you better improve your "best tactic" to be really the best! Please

I've been using this since December of s2 with a very strong Liverpool side. Don't use any opposition instructions. Tactic out of the box. Not bad at all:

P17 W11 D5 L1 F28 A13. Only failed to score once. Loss was in FA Cup at Newcastle. Notable results were 2-0 at home to Chelsea. 3-3 away at Man U. 2-2 at home to Chelsea in semi of LC and then 1-0 away at Chelsea in 2nd leg. 4-2 at home to Roma 1st leg of CL 1st Knock-out round.

During this time, two major injuries (Babel left wing and Balotelli right wing) who are key players in the system.

So overall, worth persevering with. I'd be interested in any changes from people though as too many draws really. Mind you, things could be better when key players are back in.

I'm conceding too many goals and chances with this tactic, but my defence is very young and so not a surprise I suppose. Definitely worth staying with long term for me.

i find myself unable to score with this! but sayin that, i havnt conceded in a LONG time. and lost one in 12! if only i could crack the scoring problem i would be onto something with this.

considering i have..

arshavin (mainly used as winger)

pavlyuchenko

dos santos (mainly used as winger)

huntelaar

martins

campbell (not used)

Superb Attacking ... Lack of Defensing....

played with newcastle from the start of 1st season...

so far :

6 wins 2 draws 6 lost...

Goal Diff :23 - 21

most goal come from striker , i use pavel pogbrenyak score 17 all competion..

my starting line up :

given

taylor-cacapa-collocini-marcelo

barton-lassana diarra

ballotelli-arshavin-di maria

pogbrenyak

will try the tweaked one.... hopefully better defense...

oya,i got lot of red cards for defender n midfield, does everyone have the some problems 2 ? *so frustating T_T

Superb Attacking ... Lack of Defensing....

played with newcastle from the start of 1st season...

so far :

6 wins 2 draws 6 lost...

Goal Diff :23 - 21

most goal come from striker , i use pavel pogbrenyak score 17 all competion..

my starting line up :

given

taylor-cacap-collocini-marcelo

barton-lassana diarra

ballotelli-arshavin-di mari

pogbrenyak

will try the tweaked one.... hopefully better defense...

oya,i got lot of red cards for defender n midfield, does everyone have the some problems 2 ?

Yes I get loads of yellows and reds. I normally pride myself on an average of less than 1 for yellow cards and only 1 or 2 reds for a season. Both Skrtel and Rafinha had 2 reds each and Agger 16 yellows! From Jan onwards, I had at least 1 player a game suspended.

Anybody had good results with a lesser team?

I started a new game with Sunderland with this tactic and lost my opening 4 games of the season... Bolton & Everton away and Man Utd & Chelsea at home. Not exactly an easy start of the season, but still: 0 points... and we were all over the place to be honest. I was kind of excited after pre-season when my team performed really well with flowing football. Cissé grabbing hattricks all the time etc. but when the friendlies were over...no dice. In between the four league games I had a home game against Aldershot for the League Cup and managed to scrape a 1-0 victory... It's no use to keep playing this particular game, because morale is so low that it wouldn't be fair to blame this tactic for a possible 5th loss.

This was my team:

GK: Craig Gordon

DC: Anton Ferdinand

DC: Nyron Nosworthy

DL: George McCartney

DR: Pascal Chimbonda

MCL: Teemu Tainio

MCR: Steed Malbranque

AML: Kieran Richardson

AMR: El-Hadji Diouf

AMC: Andy Reid

ST: Djibril Cissé

Cant seem to downloads tactics on my mac, any chance getting some screen shots?? thanks

yea could someone screenshot the sliders etc im having problems too and people seem to ignore my requests for help. (storms off to sulk in the corner):mad:

update:

top of the league with City in mid-December

heres my lineup

Gk: Hart

WBL: Marcelo

DC: Dunne

DC: Richards

WBR: Zabletta

ML: Petrov

DM: Diarra

AMC2: Elano

AMC1: Ireland

MR: Wright-Phillips

SK: Robinho

Balotelli is my leading scorer so far with ten. I start him in all cup games, domestic and european, in Phillips spot as a right winger and he is a stud.

Rossi fits in very well in the advanced attacking midfielder role.

My goal was to win one domestic cup and possibly make a Champions League spot, but with the right player or two in Jan I think i can realisticall make a title push with City in year one. Top notch.

Only thing ive found you need to do with the tactic is set the d-line back one tick below midway (notch9 i guess). that helps prevent the break away counters.

mista, i will try to tweak the DM like you said. he is the only player that I can count on to get a poor rating (between 5-6)

i find this tactic frustrating playing with Man Utd i find myself 4th after 31 games, i am not having a go but i find playing this tactic without counter attacking the best maybe it is because i am playing with united but all the players seem to get rating of 5-6 but still win

I care about people who post tactics that are nonsense. But fair play, I'll try it out. Id be surprised if anyone else was able to get 13 wins, 44 goals and only one against on Football Manager 2009. But I'm happy to admit when I'm wrong.

Guess my point is I'm tired of testing a million tactics proclaiming to be great and none are that great. I know I know, I should use my own. I know.

I managed after 15 games, 15 wins, 30 goals and 1 conceded with my own tactic as Man Utd(may have been slightly more or less than 30, this is only from memory) but thats just insane!

tried it with my weak club brugge side:

first match 1-2 win over jena (dominated completely)

second match against werder, lost 2-0 but didn't play half that bad! was very surprised what this weak side could achieve against a team like werder. next match glasgow rangers.

so far so good

edit: won 2-1 from rangers at home. I just blew them away! they were nowhere and I could've easily won 5-1! this tactic is atm very good and I'll test more soon

Nope, this one is not for me. After my Sunderland-fiasco (4 league defeats in a row), I tried to give it another go with a better side and I chose AZ from Holland. My first league game was at home versus rivals Ajax, so I was pretty nervous. However, when we humiliated them by hammering them 5-1, I thought this tactic could be great after all!! Unfortunately, the next three games (against inferior opposition) all resulted in 1-1 draws and I even lost the next one 0-1 at home versus NEC...

However, thanks for sharing the tactic. Obviously other people are having huge successes with it. It's just not for me.

I also struggle with inferior opposition and I was wondering if it is because it is a counter-attacking tactic. Lower teams won't attack you much, so maybe untick counter?

I'm going to give itn a go and revert.

Nope that didn't work. Drew at home to a very inferior team.

What is the tweaked version and original version.

do i use the 4-2-3- formation for both Tactics.

Would it work for the normal patch. (i haven't downloaded a new patch, my patch is the one. when i first brought the game)

ive found that using this tactic with a big team(Chelsea) works well if you dont bring in too many new players and dont sell to many...also get a ass man that has good man management and motivation .This will help with them chosing a strong team and them giving good team talks. won 10 out of 10 so far and loving this tactic :p

Brilliant tactic.

I am first in the league so far. last season i came 13th with another tactic. i have only played like 3/4 games so far in the premiership though. Let me tell you the results. I am Manchester City.

I won all my pre-season match and also beat afc liverpool 8-1

2-2 away arsenal (Premiership)

3-1 to me away against birmingham (Premiership)

8-1 to me against Liverpool fc not afc liverpool. (premiership)

2-0 to me against a championship side (Carling Cup)

Brilliant Results so far.

I am using the portsmouth one.

Well done mate.:thup:

Archived