Probably the best tactic out there! [fm09]

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah and it works as bad as before last patch,....

I'm playing a network game at the mo (using the new 9.2.0 patch) and whilst my mate was playing a match I stumbled upon this thread. I'm at Man Utd and my mate is at Arsenal. With 30 games played in league in 1st season, I was languishing in 6th place and receiving constant news that Man Utd are looking for a new manager! With me struggling to find any kind of consistent form from my players and with my job under threat, I thought "what the heck, got nothing to lose" and gave this tactic a go. The results speak for themselves!

H 5:2 Blackburn PRM

A 2:2 Arsenal (my mates team) PRM

N 2:1 Chelsea FA CUP SEMI-FINAL

H 2:0 Aston Villa PRM

A 3:1 Bolton PRM

H 3:1 Man City PRM

A 4:1 Fulham PRM

H 4:1 Liverpool PRM

A 2:0 West Ham PRM

N 4:0 Arsenal (my mates team) FA CUP FINAL

P 10 W 9 D 1 L 0 GS 31 GA 9 GD +22

I finished 3rd in league (Chelsea were already 15pts ahead of me before I started to use this tactic), I won the FA Cup (albeit against my mate) and I got a new 2 year contract!

The players I used mostly were :

GK Van der Saar

DR Neville

DC Ferdinand

DC Vidic

DL Evra

MCR Anderson

MCL Hargreaves

AMR Ronaldo

AMC Rooney

AML Nani

FC Berbatov

Goalscorers in the 10 games:

Berbatov 7

Rooney 7

Ronaldo 5

Nani 3

Ferdinand 2

Anderson 2

Tevez 2

Vidic 1

Own Goals 2

So, after ending the season with a run of 9 wins and 1 draw in 10 games it's safe to say that I can't wait for my mate and I to start the second season!

P.S. On a seperate note....my mate got his Arsenal team all the way to Champions League final against Liverpool. Doesn't sound too unusual right?? The twist was....my mate finished 4th in league and Liverpool finished 5th! So the Champions League final would also decided which team would qualify to play in Champions League again next season! My mate was kacking himself but once Alonso got a straight red in 1st half he relaxed a bit. After bombarding the Liverpool goal for the rest of the game he finally took the lead in 83rd min, only for Kuyt to equalise in 89th min! The match ended up going all the way to penalties where he got the win he deserved, 5-4 on pens!

I know that had nothing to do with the tactic, but it was exciting to watch and a good fm story I think.

Archived