[FM23.4] Saudi Pro League

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, cabianca.alex said:

Hi,nice idea! Could you please create players? Often the Under 19 teams are empty. Thanks in advance.

If I did, it would be in an extra file, just in case it threw off people's facepacks. But that's a bit more work and probably more suited to an Arabic reader (for the research needed) and/or someone who watches the league over there.

I could only find info on a reserve league anyway, no U21s anymore, Just power through a couple of seasons until the newgens take over! :lol:

• themodelcitizen changed the title to [FM23] updated - Saudi Pro League

I'm gonna be away from my laptop for most of the holidays (unless the winter storms ground all the flights here), and I can see the Crissy Ronaldo rumours are heating up, so have an early Christmas present:

• Ronaldo at Al-Nassr
  • Ronaldo joins Jan. 1 (EDIT: LINKS REMOVED, LINK IN OP UPDATED)

Pick one of the two files depending when you want him to join (the backups are just non-Steam links).

He's on the max wage the game will allow - a million quid per week with some guesstimated bonuses.

Like the Marca article speculates, they decline to register the old no. 7 Masharipov to accommodate CR7:

Spoiler

ACL1.thumb.png.ce6c9a71db4dbc3989792c81aafe9984.png

Edited by themodelcitizen

• themodelcitizen changed the title to [FM23] Saudi Pro League (w/ Ronaldo)

Download link updated, added some updated roster rules and tweaked the Super Cup/King Cup formats as more information comes out.

000_336E7ZE.webp.2921264f38560be6380a80030dda6130.webp

I've got Ronaldo joining Jan. 1 but I expect SI's winter transfer update will put him there from game start, which will just negate the future transfer (so no need to change anything)

Trying to get a working version of that PSG vs. Al-Nassr/Al-Hilal All-Stars that was played today but the All-Star Game is still a bit of a mystery in the editor, even if you seemingly set everything correctly. If anyone has figured out how to get the team to do call-ups properly let me know...

I noticed on Twitter someone mentioning Arabian teams in Asia not getting any coefficient points. I have tested it with my game yesterday, both with the vanilla game and including the Qatar and Gulf Cup files. For me things work, anyone else seen the coefficient points issue?

5 hours ago, twister said:

After the february trransfer window, players with squad numbers higher than 40 loose their numbers and those numbers cannot be reregistered.

KA79m0f.jpeg

I think I sorted it with those squad registration options, just tested and I was able to keep Asiri registered as no. 45:

Spoiler

squadnumbers1.thumb.png.49fe3e589bd2a15495f0f1ee3009bf04.pngsquadnumbers2.thumb.png.a00ca67e2482ab98d28dde672c28444e.png

Investigating the coefficients now...

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry but after 1 hr of bug hunting i have found your file the bugged one...

If i play with this game LOADS but RELOADING GRAPHIC and the default skin i get a severe error... i attach the log files, if i remove your db everything's works fine. 

Screenshot_7.png

Logs.rar

Edited by PzSniper

I'm not sure I understand what the issue is. You're loading a game that used this editor file, and then it gets stuck loading a skin before throwing up that error message?

I just started a new game using only this database, and saved and exited, and then restarted the game and was able to reload the save without any issues. Has anyone else encountered this error message?

I just tested by reloading the skin, first with the "Saudi Arabia" graphic folder in "graphics", and then without any graphics folders. It worked fine both times. So I'm unable to reproduce your issue... I wonder if it's some kind of compatibility issue with other graphics you've enabled. Alternately it might be an issue caused by changing skin? I'd suggest reinstalling FM23 as a last resort. I can't isolate anything in my DBs or graphics that might be causing it, if anyone else has encountered a similar issue please let me know

I'm sorry i HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM..just TOO MANY db league loaded over 335... reduced them and now everything's works!

Can i ask you an advice guys? Do you think the 3d/2d kits file are generally speaking necessary? Example  ENG_kits_colours_22-23_FM23.fmf or Germany 22-23 FM23 290123.fmf

51 minutos atrás, PzSniper disse:

I'm sorry i HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM..just TOO MANY db league loaded over 335... reduced them and now everything's works!

Can i ask you an advice guys? Do you think the 3d/2d kits file are generally speaking necessary? Example  ENG_kits_colours_22-23_FM23.fmf or Germany 22-23 FM23 290123.fmf

its good files too correct show kits colors and missing 3rd kits, but if you have the pre game editor, i recommend that you combine all these kits files into one

Updated the fixtures now that most of the matchdays have been scheduled. Like in real life, Al-Hilal have an insane schedule with the Lusail Super Cup and if you go deep in the Saudi Super Cup, Club World Cup etc. Could be fun to go against Ronaldo.

Would still love to get that Al-Hilal/Al-Nassr combined XI vs. PSG from earlier this year so will have a go at the All-Star thing in the editor again at some point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • themodelcitizen changed the title to [FM23.4] Saudi Pro League
  • 3 weeks later...

Anybody gone through and won the lot with Al-Hilal or Al-Nassr? I Just updated the Arab Champions Cup (Lusail Super Cup link in the OP) to feature the new 2023 edition like IRL, one more trophy to win in the first season (septuple anyone?)

Hey themodelcitizen,

I wrote to you on steam workshop regarding this league database. A couple of months ago I played with Al-Shabab. Great game! But I also found that alot teams (especially the big teams) tend not to have enough saudi players in the team. Similiar issue is with the Qatar and UAE league databases. Here is a screenshot 2 seasons in (1/7-2024) of Al-Ittihad squad. Its a small squad and as you can see they have transferlisted 30-year old Abdulaziz Al-Bishi which dosn't make sense because they need saudi players in the match squad

How to make every saudi team be interested in saudi players? Is it to bump up saudi players current ability with 10-15? I don't know how to change club culture or if is possible

Unavngivet.thumb.jpg.d23919e29f7aa044b918e0f891b89798.jpg

One other thing is that the clubs sponsordeals decreases quite a lot. The numbers are from 2022 vs 2024. I know how to change that myself in the editor. 

Unavngivet1.jpg.74598c12fd18761d4726bd1d11b8350d.jpg

Edited by ajoobah

I think I saw someone say you need the "match squad rules" to also have the foreigner rule, or the AI clubs won't prioritize it. Even if its effectively redundant (i.e. they're already limited to 8 guys in the overall roster, so why specify 8 in the match squad). I'm changing that now. I might consider changing the chairmen to favour domestic players but I still want them to try and make big foreign signings.

The sponsorships I've barely touched other than taking out the 50 million state subsidy and putting it in the league rules instead (shouldn't cause this issue). But I'll take a look and set some of the default stuff to "renew income" so they can top up their sponsorships. Thanks so much for the feedback!

Edit: Done, I don't have time to run a sim right now to check after a few seasons, but will do so later. Also, always make sure to load all players of Saudi nationality and based in Saudi at game start, and if you're using UAE and Qatar load them too (plus top players from UAFA countries for Qatar)

9 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

I think I saw someone say you need the "match squad rules" to also have the foreigner rule, or the AI clubs won't prioritize it. Even if its effectively redundant (i.e. they're already limited to 8 guys in the overall roster, so why specify 8 in the match squad). I'm changing that now. I might consider changing the chairmen to favour domestic players but I still want them to try and make big foreign signings.

The sponsorships I've barely touched other than taking out the 50 million state subsidy and putting it in the league rules instead (shouldn't cause this issue). But I'll take a look and set some of the default stuff to "renew income" so they can top up their sponsorships. Thanks so much for the feedback!

Would be interesting to see if adding the foreigner rule to "macth squad rules" would solved it. In my holiday test game Al-Shabab, Al-Nassr and Al-Ittihad really lacks saudi player so look for them if you are testing it. Alot of other teams plays with 16 and 17 years old players.

Its a funny league database because of the money the clubs got - and because alot of well known players ends up in the league. 

Ill keep an eye on this thread :-) Thanks for great work

Just added it to match rules and updated the links. Is the problem as severe in Qatar and UAE? They already have the rule in "match rules" so I wonder how influential that is. I'm adding a couple of those redundant foreigner rules to my San Marino league as well just in case. I think I need to look at them as more of a squad-building guide to the AI managers rather than a set of rules designed to be as streamlined as possible

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

Just added it to match rules and updated the links. Is the problem as severe in Qatar and UAE? They already have the rule in "match rules" so I wonder how influential that is. I'm adding a couple of those redundant foreigner rules to my San Marino league as well just in case. I think I need to look at them as more of a squad-building guide to the AI managers rather than a set of rules designed to be as streamlined as possible

Its pretty much the same. A common thing is that its very much the top teams. I started in all three leagues, loaded everything in each country. I see the same in Al-Sadd or Sharjah just to name a few other teams. They just sell its national players without replacing.

Unavngivet3.thumb.jpg.79a9592ea49929b98c278215ff10e838.jpgUnavngivet4.thumb.jpg.e8058c922102867f4ac13e2104a314b3.jpg

Wow yeah that's brutal. I'm not sure I like the idea of upping everyone's CA 5-10 because of the knock-on effects elsewhere. Same with upping Saudi's youth rating.

Let me try with the chairmen preferences, even if that's only temporary. Are you loading everyone of Saudi nationality at game start? I guess the game-wide issue where teams don't develop young players also means that mid-tier teams aren't playing young players enough for them to develop and be good enough for top teams to sign...

OK, I've maxed it out for "personal objectives" for all the Pro League chairmen, and "supporter objectives" for each Pro League club. Let me know if you see any difference. Make sure the extended squad rules are showing up btw, sometimes the Steam Workshop link doesn't update as quickly in which case you'll need the backup link from Mediafire.

EDIT: when you said it was pretty much the same, was that before or after the match rules were adjusted? Just trying to trial+error to find a solution, the chairmen preferences might be overkill

Yes, I'm loading everyone of Saudi nationality - and yes, the Al-Nassr screenshots are after match rules were adjusted. Now I see every club has "Sign saudi players" in board culture but once again I see the same picture. I do wonder if the top clubs repution are too high compared to the ability of most Saudi players. But if you lower the repution of the clubs, you cant sign the big players and if you increase players ability it wont be realistic (and alot of work). So I wonder what to do...

A few years ago the chinese clubs signed big players but still had to have chinese players - and they were bad. I never played in the chinese league but I wonder how SI made that work

Unavngivet5.thumb.jpg.81d9e64b94de518a38e0714a29ff47fe.jpgUnavngivet6.thumb.jpg.3e4b13f008b3b1e47cf9c97dced9e25c.jpg

I really appreciate the testing. I'll brainstorm ways to make it work. There might be certain hard-coding to have other leagues favour domestic players, or I might be missing something completely obvious. Saudi has itself under "transfer preferences" but maybe I can tweak it. It's not even like we should reduce any other preferences, they're not signing too many foreigners, just no locals.

Perhaps a mix of slightly lowering club and competition rep (maybe upping city attraction to make up for it) and slightly upping local players' CA is the solution after all