TCSSkin

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, snowofman said:

you can either find the used picture and rename the one you want

or you can locate the code in client object browser and direct it to your new picture

Thanks, I have tracked down the background images and replaced them. I'm quite new to this but finding my way through it all.

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

as i'm not completely done with it, i rather not share atm.

Had a play around and got this so far, now gonna work out how to make the drop down sections into buttons along the top next to the continue button.

6c647c36a4cbba8ace4619d1edd96201.png

I've seen this type of thing asked before but not seen an answer to it, I've been searching for a couple of hours now. 

Does anyone know which files control these colours for the titles? Screenshot shows me using the WCTS5 skin which I'm just wanting to tweak a few colours, but I was looking in the base skin too and similarly no luck.

Does anyone know how to do this please?

Screenshot2023-08-19at19_08_18.thumb.png.60ec4f3d1a7b427ccd71dc1f4f55a45c.png

18 minutes ago, Craigus89 said:

I've seen this type of thing asked before but not seen an answer to it, I've been searching for a couple of hours now. 

Does anyone know which files control these colours for the titles? Screenshot shows me using the WCTS5 skin which I'm just wanting to tweak a few colours, but I was looking in the base skin too and similarly no luck.

Does anyone know how to do this please?

Screenshot2023-08-19at19_08_18.thumb.png.60ec4f3d1a7b427ccd71dc1f4f55a45c.png

Label.fontxml

i believe you can change the colour in there else you have to change it in the settings file

3 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Label.fontxml

i believe you can change the colour in there else you have to change it in the settings file

Thanks again, about 5 minutes after I posted this I stumbled upon a random file which had a colour name listed as (colour name="title"). So getting frustrated I thought I'd just try adding a new line in the main settings file (which I understand overides the base files) like this: 

Screenshot2023-08-19at19_39_55.png.a8e4f6c467e9d20e3a9b7f33fcbc47d9.png

Resulting in this:

Screenshot2023-08-19at19_40_39.thumb.png.519be970120fd2e41df3a52ef1e853d6.png

Still want to keep playing with this to get things looking how I want, but thoguht I'd post the workaround for anyone else wondering who may stumble on this.

16 minutes ago, Craigus89 said:

Thanks again, about 5 minutes after I posted this I stumbled upon a random file which had a colour name listed as (colour name="title"). So getting frustrated I thought I'd just try adding a new line in the main settings file (which I understand overides the base files) like this: 

Screenshot2023-08-19at19_39_55.png.a8e4f6c467e9d20e3a9b7f33fcbc47d9.png

Resulting in this:

Screenshot2023-08-19at19_40_39.thumb.png.519be970120fd2e41df3a52ef1e853d6.png

Still want to keep playing with this to get things looking how I want, but thoguht I'd post the workaround for anyone else wondering who may stumble on this.

The file you stumbled on is the settings file as i wrote :)
but good that you found a solution

On 14/08/2023 at 15:54, PT-KK said:

This might be some (very) stupid questions.

I've been trying to change some panels to have the colour of the teams, everything's fine most of the time using the "primary" and "secondary" colors.

However...

9354f11372de5384af448523d9efa25b.png

This is how it shows when I'm on the Premier League screen - the primary and secondary colours are from the competition rather than the club.

think I can solve the "primary" part by adding the red replacement as follows (at least it works on other panels):

<record id="object_property">
                        <integer id="get_property" value="tbcl" />
                        <integer id="set_property" value="red_replacement" />
</record>

But I wanted to do the same for the "secondary" parts, but I don't know what the equivalent is.

1. Is this the best way to do this? Or am I giving myself more work than necessary?
2. Is there an equivalent for the secondary colours that I can use?

I don't know if anyone has the same issue as I did, but the id for the "secondary" team colour is "ttcl".

This is on the La Liga Page, and I was able to make it show the team's colors.

fc2df431247b34e02cc9725c3fb770e6.png

<integer id="get_property" value="ttcl" />
                        <integer id="set_property" value="colour" />
</record>

5 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Then you might be missing some files or the skin isnt updated for fm23

I haven't changed anything, when I look at the match view calendar it looks like when I look at the match results inbox news I click on the match report it doesn't appear, I ask what file is meant in that section

3 minutes ago, putuadidharma0 said:
I haven't changed anything, when I look at the match view calendar it looks like when I look at the match results inbox news I click on the match report it doesn't appear, I ask what file is meant in that section

i'm not sure but maybe

match report news panel.xml ?

1 minute ago, putuadidharma0 said:

Ok Im try thanks for u help brother

could you show a picture of where it is you click to see the report, just so i have a better understanding of which file it might be.

mainly because i don't think i fully understand you.

2 hours ago, snowofman said:

could you show a picture of where it is you click to see the report, just so i have a better understanding of which file it might be.

mainly because i don't think i fully understand you.

FootballManager202320_08_202318_33_29.thumb.png.64102305ef919dd5eef387c19e05a6fc.png

I click on this news, below there is a match report and league table, when I click and click view goal the picture is not the same as the picture I posted earlier

6 minutes ago, putuadidharma0 said:

FootballManager202320_08_202318_33_29.thumb.png.64102305ef919dd5eef387c19e05a6fc.png

I click on this news, below there is a match report and league table, when I click and click view goal the picture is not the same as the picture I posted earlier

have you tried in the default skin to see how things look ?

I "think" clicking the Match report would lead into the

"match full time review panel.xml"

20 minutes ago, snowofman said:

have you tried in the default skin to see how things look ?

I "think" clicking the Match report would lead into the

"match full time review panel.xml"

it turned out to be the same, just when I tried using the default skin, the results were the same,maybe from the game,,once again I thank you, I apologize for disturbing your time

3 minutes ago, putuadidharma0 said:

it turned out to be the same, just when I tried using the default skin, the results were the same,maybe from the game,,once again I thank you, I apologize for disturbing your time

no worries and happy to help.

sometime it's easier to test it on the default skin to see if it's a default skin thing or a custom skin thing

just glad we figured it out. 

Just now, putuadidharma0 said:

I tried using the default skin, the results were the same

I don't think you will get an answer to the question if you tell a lie. you couldn't get the same result on the default skin, simply because the default skin doesn't have that button. this is a button from old versions of FM and it is quite logical that it does not work, and it was removed from the default fm23 skin.

Edited by Olas Nick

7 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

I don't think you will get an answer to the question if you tell a lie. you couldn't get the same result on the default skin, simply because the default skin doesn't have that button. this is a button from old versions of FM and it is quite logical that it does not work, and it was removed from the default fm23 skin.

i try again i move my custom skin, i always clear cache before reload skin,Are there still old files left after clearing the cache?

because in the shedule it works and that's what I asked in the match results

Edited by putuadidharma0

Just now, putuadidharma0 said:

this the default skin @Olas Nick  maybe you try with your skin

What is not clear to you in the phrase "the default fm23 skin does not have this button"? :D I have no idea where you get it from.

if you try to make a skin for fm23 using as a base skins from fm22, fm21 or even older ones, you will be in for more than one such surprise.

9 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

What is not clear to you in the phrase "the default fm23 skin does not have this button"? :D I have no idea where you get it from.

if you try to make a skin for fm23 using as a base skins from fm22, fm21 or even older ones, you will be in for more than one such surprise.

it's not the button but the file:D, the default fm 23 skin is the same as that but the paper buttons are different, maybe you try using the default skin then play 1 match later there will be the results of that match and there will be a match report written on and league table, you klik the match report

Edited by putuadidharma0

24 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

The default FM23 does have the buttons

button.thumb.PNG.46b849e13619a3ae076d63bb8188eac3.PNG

15 minutes ago, putuadidharma0 said:

it's not the button but the file:D, the default fm 23 skin is the same as that but the paper buttons are different, maybe you try using the default skin then play 1 match later there will be the results of that match and there will be a match report written on and league table, you klik the match report

The Match report button goes to the

match full time review panel.xml

as i wrote previously.

10 minutes ago, DawidFM said:

image.thumb.png.0ed3874561b6191552cc3c80984cdffb.pngA
Any idea how to put club logo here ?

There is a few ways, i believe the easieste is to make the menu into 2 containers and place the logo code at the bottom if that what you want

there should be some solutions if you use the forum search and look for it

Just now, DawidFM said:

How to add option "Change" here to change player playtime ?

I sometimes do not understand such problems. you can find it yourself in 2 minutes

<!--Future Playing Time-->
              <widget class="icon_button" id="chgb" auto_size="horizontal" click_event="EcPt" controller_button="x_button">
                <translation id="text" translation_id="295066" type="use" value="Change[COMMENT: button for changing a kit style]" />
              </widget>

10 hours ago, DawidFM said:

thanks but where i should put it?

i tried to put it into "player overview panel" but it just made some blank area with "change" and when i click on it nothing is happening

you can't just put something in randomly.

You either need to make room for it, or replace something that alreay there

my suggesting would be to look at a working skin, learn how things work on 1 page only at a start club info, player profil or home screen

<container> code </container>

<widget> code </widget>

Here is a good place to begin and have at hand

1 hour ago, DawidFM said:

dunno how it's possible but it's like that
image.png.cc33064ad16b7cf25394c61055e173ce.png

and when i choose "home,inbox,Scouting" it's pops like that
image.png.bca3b25601824b5a766663f6d8605885.png

any ideas how to fix it?

it`s right. squad and home are different sections. without resorting to the method of trial and error, I would say that what you want to achieve is impossible.

1 minute ago, Olas Nick said:

it`s right. squad and home are different sections. without resorting to the method of trial and error, I would say that what you want to achieve is impossible.

i think the same. looks good but it's impossible to make it work.

9 minutes ago, DawidFM said:

i think the same. looks good but it's impossible to make it work.

it doesn't really look good. the club logo duplicates the logo from the topbar, it makes no sense
although I saw how people placed 4+ logos on 1 page. in my opinion it's just terrible

Two questions really. First how do I remove the box (or make it transparent) around the inbox? Pretty sure I've seen it somewhere but can't remember where. Also what file controls the color of the highlighted attributes?

Thank you for all your help this forum has been great!

Screenshot 2023-08-21 093358.png

24 minutes ago, vbark14 said:

Two questions really. First how do I remove the box (or make it transparent) around the inbox? Pretty sure I've seen it somewhere but can't remember where. Also what file controls the color of the highlighted attributes?

Thank you for all your help this forum has been great!

Screenshot 2023-08-21 093358.png

settings file controls the colour of the highlighted

1 hour ago, DawidFM said:

I just started to create this skin. my next goal is to delete this logo from titlebar and put it to the middle. any ideas?

why not start from a fresh and download the basic skin and add the thing you want, instead of having to remove stuff from someone elses skin.? just a thought

base skin is here

I'm making some basic colour changes to the default skin, I saw on another skin something I liked which I am trying to incorperate which is the team logo in the bottom left of the sidebar. I copied what I thought was the relevant code from the skin and put it into the corresponding file (sidebar menu table.xml) in my skin, but it seems to be obscuring the whole sidebar as the pic below:

Screenshot2023-08-21at16_25_52.thumb.png.2fd9ad866b0a6af5cf8435920a1a18c6.png

This is the code, is there something obvious in this that could be obscuring things, or is it perhaps the location within the file?

Thanks for any help.

<!-- Primary Logo -->
          <widget class="picture" id="lgtF" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" image_alignment="bottom">
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="bottom" inset="40"/>
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0"/>

<attachment class="test_setting_attachment" get_setting="show_badges" default_value="true" set_property="hidn">
            <boolean id="value" value="false"/>
            </attachment>

<!-- tells the picture to listen to the 'main picture' global property being set, and set its own file property from it -->
            <integer id="get_property" value="mnpc" />
            <integer id="set_property" value="file" />
            </record>
          </widget>
<!--END-->

8 minutes ago, snowofman said:

why not start from a fresh and download the basic skin and add the thing you want, instead of having to remove stuff from someone elses skin.? just a thought

base skin is here

practice shows what it is a very very very bad start. for some reason, beginners think that this is a standard skin and cannot find many elementary things because the requested skin contains a very basic number of files. I believe that only by manually unpacking all fmf files, you can find the necessary parts of the code with less time.
and of course, using the right software tools is also a must. it's pretty funny trying to do something using a notepad.

2 minutes ago, Craigus89 said:

I'm making some basic colour changes to the default skin, I saw on another skin something I liked which I am trying to incorperate which is the team logo in the bottom left of the sidebar. I copied what I thought was the relevant code from the skin and put it into the corresponding file (sidebar menu table.xml) in my skin, but it seems to be obscuring the whole sidebar as the pic below:

Screenshot2023-08-21at16_25_52.thumb.png.2fd9ad866b0a6af5cf8435920a1a18c6.png

This is the code, is there something obvious in this that could be obscuring things, or is it perhaps the location within the file?

Thanks for any help.

there is no need to reinvent the wheel. just take a skin where it's already done and see how it's done.