[FM23][SKIN] Mustermann 23 v3.03 - Updated 10/06/23 - NEW SKIN ADDED!!

GIMN

41 minutes ago, GIMN said:

I'd suggest uploading to somewhere like mediafire and then pasting the URL.

Before that, however, I've reuploaded the hotfix.  Try downloading that and see if the matter is resolved.

OK thank you,it's coming up 3.01 now so that will probably help

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 horas atrás, GIMN disse:

I'll pop this in spoilers as it will be very long.

Ocultar conteúdo

Choose the colour scheme you want, and copy over to skin's settings folder.

image.thumb.png.e94136fbc2d4a86c9a270c4c269c472b.png

You will now have 3 files in the settings folder.

image.thumb.png.e0dcf80e4bd59249544492a844c40f4e.png

Delete the existing settings file.

image.thumb.png.59e0dbf1d51074df05d1897dabdf85b2.png

You will now have 2 files in your folder.

image.png.befbc97a86558e72bdaff65149e35928.png

Rename the colour scheme file to what the original settings file was called.  If you are using the Numerical Light version, for example, it will be Mustermann23 Numerical Light settings.

image.png.9539f276258f49138cc3b79dd2278895.png

In preferences make sure you have the following options under the "SKIN" section.  Use caching must be unticked.  Reload skin must be ticked.

image.thumb.png.bd6be1a09abb2e8a8c71a51e012c94f3.png

Click confirm.

image.thumb.png.aee1970da3231d41505e803bb0d1af0e.png

Your colour scheme will be changed.  You can turn caching back on in the preferences (and turn off reload skin) if you so wish.

It's the same method for the dark mod right? Thanks.

@GIMN

Nevermind, got it. It was the caching setting that I was missing. Had it turned on. Now that is off it already changed to the colour I wanted.

Thanks for the help.

Keep up the excellent work, I love the skin and has simplified my gameplay a lot!

4 minutes ago, Valle1950 said:

I would like to add city pictures to the club info page, anyone who knows how to do it? Thanks in advance

You will need to find the code for city pictures (probably from a skin that already has it), and then add it where you want into panels/club/club overview panel.xml.  I've annotated my files so you should be able to work out where things are.

15 minutes ago, GIMN said:

You will need to find the code for city pictures (probably from a skin that already has it), and then add it where you want into panels/club/club overview panel.xml.  I've annotated my files so you should be able to work out where things are.

thanks man, appreciate it!

I also noticed when changing the color of the skin (I'm using the numerical version) the numbers dissapear and become like the graphical?

9 minutes ago, Valle1950 said:

thanks man, appreciate it!

I also noticed when changing the color of the skin (I'm using the numerical version) the numbers dissapear and become like the graphical?

Oh that's odd - nothing in the settings file can impact that!  Can you show a screenshot?

4 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Oh that's odd - nothing in the settings file can impact that!  Can you show a screenshot?

Sorry my mistake, selected the graphical skin when reloading... :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, GIMN said:

Managed to fix it in.

For anyone wanting the same here is the code:

<!--city-->
                    <container class="horizontal_adaptive_container" gap="0" mode="distribute_equally" height="648">

<container default_width="-1"/>

<container default_width="1080">
                            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" apply_to_children="true"/>
            <widget class="background" file="backgrounds" id="bgnd">
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0"/>
                <record id="object_property">
                <record id="default_properties" image_alignment="centre" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true"/>
                <integer id="get_property" value="bgnd" />
                <integer id="set_property" value="file" />
                </record>
            </widget>
                        </container>
                        <container default_width="-1"/>

</container>

Screenshot 2023-04-07 224110.png

Edited by Valle1950
Fixed an issue

1 hour ago, Valle1950 said:

Turns out like this, I'm trying to get it in place but don't have enough knowledgde for XML editing

my young friend, you have already done more than many "skinmakers" who can only whine and beg to give them a finished file. just don't make it complicated, copypast the container <!--STADIUM--> and replace there the widget that shows the stadium (stadium_picture) with the widget that shows the city:

<widget class="background" file="backgrounds" id="bgnd">
					<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="0" />
					<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" />
					<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" offset="0" gap="0" />
					<record id="object_property">
					<integer id="get_property" value="bgnd" />
					<integer id="set_property" value="file" />
					</record>
				</widget>

after that you can delete the container <!--STADIUM INFORMATION-->
or try to set it to show information about the city

Spoiler

_2023-04-08_00-16-13.png.9ea32fc68e0710a7c2686249e90c950d.png

good luck
skinning takes a lot of time, especially when you're just starting to understand

Edited by Olas Nick

@GIMN : Any chance to make the graphical version of the skin 'adapt' to the rating thresholds if changed? say changing Excellent from 16+ to 15+ or even lower, depending on what division you manage in. Right now it is always using the default settings, not the settings the player puts in via settings in FM.

1 hour ago, Marinho said:

@GIMN : Any chance to make the graphical version of the skin 'adapt' to the rating thresholds if changed? say changing Excellent from 16+ to 15+ or even lower, depending on what division you manage in. Right now it is always using the default settings, not the settings the player puts in via settings in FM.

You'll need to edit classes/attribute_bar.xml - the thresholds are outlined in there.

<class class="attribute_bar" parent="position_role_duty_star_range_based_picture">
    <list id="value_list">
        <record min_value="1" max_value="5" file="mustermann/attributes/low" />
		<record min_value="6" max_value="10" file="mustermann/attributes/average" />
		<record min_value="11" max_value="15" file="mustermann/attributes/good" />
		<record min_value="16" max_value="20" file="mustermann/attributes/excellent" />
    </list>
</class>

35 minutes ago, Jellico73 said:

@GIMN

Not sure if this is a minor glitch or something I did, but on the tactics screen all of the buttons in some sections are highlighted

image.thumb.png.9aea46f869d0f18dd60ff8d6ed1c4926.png

Great work as always!

Jellico

I'll have a look at this; probably an oversight with the colour scheme being very similar to the colours for unselected instructions.  I'd suggest trying to change the following values in the settings file:

<colour name="conflicting instruction" 					value="bg red darker"/>
<colour name="conflicting with role instruction" 		value="bg red"/>

Possibly to fg grey darker and fg grey, respectively.

4 minutes ago, vJords said:

I honestly will never get tired of updating this skin!

Found a possible error. Unemployed screen doesn't have any side bars? @GIMNScreenshot2023-04-07211501.jpg.e85945c4ba15e0f2e1b68bff460ec561.jpg

Bizarre!!! Does it stay that way if you hit continue?  I've noticed that sometimes the sidebars aren't there after returning from holiday until you press continue.

I've also just resigned as a test, and they seem to be there:

image.thumb.png.cc030ec0f9403be759b28eefd66c3161.png

If the problem persists would you be able to upload your save (probably to something like mediafire) and send the link so I can try and see what might be causing it?

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

Bizarre!!! Does it stay that way if you hit continue?  I've noticed that sometimes the sidebars aren't there after returning from holiday until you press continue.

I've also just resigned as a test, and they seem to be there:

image.thumb.png.cc030ec0f9403be759b28eefd66c3161.png

If the problem persists would you be able to upload your save (probably to something like mediafire) and send the link so I can try and see what might be causing it?

It has happened only when I'm on SIDEBARS (ICONS) only. I made a new save UNEMPLOYED and the sidebar icons were still gone. Seems its only when you select icons + unemployed. When you click continue and do have a News article in your inbox it does go onto that screen but the sidebar icon options are still missing.

had to disable icons.

59 minutes ago, vJords said:

It has happened only when I'm on SIDEBARS (ICONS) only. I made a new save UNEMPLOYED and the sidebar icons were still gone. Seems its only when you select icons + unemployed. When you click continue and do have a News article in your inbox it does go onto that screen but the sidebar icon options are still missing.

had to disable icons.

I'm struggling to recreate the situation.  In windowed mode down to what would be relatively 1360x768 (which is the smallest I can go using sizer on my monitor).

image.png.81c73994ffe249b37c58730741fd4fb7.png

Is there anything else about the setup that I might need to consider?

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

I'm struggling to recreate the situation.  In windowed mode down to what would be relatively 1360x768 (which is the smallest I can go using sizer on my monitor).

image.png.81c73994ffe249b37c58730741fd4fb7.png

Is there anything else about the setup that I might need to consider?

The only changes I have made to the original Mustermann Skin is to delete the folder that enables the Mustermann logo at the bottom left [above the battery power/charging] as well as change the skin settings to Teal.

Here are a couple screenshots from the file I just created to test:

Settings Pages

Spoiler

1.jpg.e3fcd4668f9e32d9097e63efa6843d48.jpg6.jpg.aff8c2256e687e9a1721860788aa1f8c.jpg2.jpg.2efdd60e3b509d6a77618e64cc91efb1.jpg

Advancing to Next Day

Spoiler

4.jpg.b68a2a36708dadef7d4d4aca901fa4fd.jpg

Still no side bar column. Even if you go back to the tabs shown in the picture the Side bar doesn't come up.

Spoiler

5.jpg.175791052f3fafb15a80235d76728c84.jpg3.jpg.9be5cfe107b8dafdb46237bf04140c13.jpg

Perhaps I need to update the skin again and let you know? I believe I'm on the PREVIOUS skin before this new update.

Edited by vJords

15 minutes ago, vJords said:

The only changes I have made to the original Mustermann Skin is to delete the folder that enables the Mustermann logo at the bottom left [above the battery power/charging] as well as change the skin settings to Teal.

Here are a couple screenshots from the file I just created to test:

Settings Pages

Hide contents

1.jpg.e3fcd4668f9e32d9097e63efa6843d48.jpg6.jpg.aff8c2256e687e9a1721860788aa1f8c.jpg2.jpg.2efdd60e3b509d6a77618e64cc91efb1.jpg

Advancing to Next Day

Hide contents

4.jpg.b68a2a36708dadef7d4d4aca901fa4fd.jpg

Still no side bar column. Even if you go back to the tabs shown in the picture the Side bar doesn't come up.

Hide contents

5.jpg.175791052f3fafb15a80235d76728c84.jpg3.jpg.9be5cfe107b8dafdb46237bf04140c13.jpg

Perhaps I need to update the skin again and let you know? I believe I'm on the PREVIOUS skin before this new update.

You are on the previous skin, so updating might help.  I also suspect the issue might be caused by what you deleted, considering the logo is contained inside the generic/sidebar menu table.xml - you will be better served deleting the bits of code relating to it in the file itself.

41 minutes ago, RussoTuristo said:

How do I change colour of my team? I want to make it a bit brighter for my bad eyes

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.f192d45141c7b48c1261366957ce3931.png

put

<colour name="human controlled"                                                 value="green" />

in the settings file and replace green with your colour 

Edited by snowofman

On 07/04/2023 at 09:59, GIMN said:

I'd suggest uploading to somewhere like mediafire and then pasting the URL.

Before that, however, I've reuploaded the hotfix.  Try downloading that and see if the matter is resolved.

It's working well now thank you for taking the time to help.the skin is amazing the work you have done is mind blowing.changed the whole game for the better 

@GIMN : Any chance to add the ability to highlight attributes by position? Currently it seems like the only screen this can still be done is the player comparison screen and that unfortunately only in the numberical version. Maybe i am just too stuck in my way but that's driving me mad :D Attributeless is just too time-consuming for me (especially since i tend to menu-browse and overthink on transfers anyway) so in theory i really like the compromise the graphical version offers.

1 hour ago, Marinho said:

@GIMN : Any chance to add the ability to highlight attributes by position? Currently it seems like the only screen this can still be done is the player comparison screen and that unfortunately only in the numberical version. Maybe i am just too stuck in my way but that's driving me mad :D Attributeless is just too time-consuming for me (especially since i tend to menu-browse and overthink on transfers anyway) so in theory i really like the compromise the graphical version offers.

It's not possible with the design I've chosen, sorry.

That said, the groupings naturally put together the attributes that work in tandem.  If you're looking for a playmaker, all 3 attributes in the passing category are obviously important.  If you're looking for a box-to-box midfielder or wing-back who is going to be running up and down the pitch, the endurance category is key.  And so on.

Beautiful work as always, I love the (Anchor, Spreader, Aggressor etc) data at the top of the profile page, I've never seen that done before. Is there somewhere I can read up on the pizza chart? I think I have a good understanding of what I am seeing but want to make sure I don't misinterpret the data.

Also for any future updates (numerical version) 

Spoiler

coaches.jpg

Edited by 8BuggieNights15

58 minutes ago, 8BuggieNights15 said:

Beautiful work as always, I love the (Anchor, Spreader, Aggressor etc) data at the top of the profile page, I've never seen that done before. Is there somewhere I can read up on the pizza chart? I think I have a good understanding of what I am seeing but want to make sure I don't misinterpret the data.

There's an article on the Athletic (behind a paywall) here: https://theathletic.com/2746113/2021/09/12/a-guide-to-smarterscout-and-understanding-the-athletics-pizza-charts/ - or there's the FAQ in the opening post.

58 minutes ago, 8BuggieNights15 said:

Also for any future updates (numerical version) 

Thank you, I'll get that fixed for the next update.

On 07/04/2023 at 18:08, GIMN said:

You'll need to edit classes/attribute_bar.xml - the thresholds are outlined in there.

<class class="attribute_bar" parent="position_role_duty_star_range_based_picture">
    <list id="value_list">
        <record min_value="1" max_value="5" file="mustermann/attributes/low" />
		<record min_value="6" max_value="10" file="mustermann/attributes/average" />
		<record min_value="11" max_value="15" file="mustermann/attributes/good" />
		<record min_value="16" max_value="20" file="mustermann/attributes/excellent" />
    </list>
</class>

I'll have a look at this; probably an oversight with the colour scheme being very similar to the colours for unselected instructions.  I'd suggest trying to change the following values in the settings file:

<colour name="conflicting instruction" 					value="bg red darker"/>
<colour name="conflicting with role instruction" 		value="bg red"/>

Possibly to fg grey darker and fg grey, respectively.

FYI that setting changed worked.  Thanks for the help!

image.png.b161e3820fb02e05ed1eaaf5a95a1556.png

@GIMN

Hi, I haven't played for the last few weeks and haven't noticed all the changes in your skin. But now I've noticed that you've completely removed the stats table and Per90 with the graphic overlay in the skin.

Why do you made it? Is it just because of the pizza chart, or did it make other mistakes?

I would like to return these stats to Player's info for screenshots. So I just want to know if I should even try. Thanks for the answer. 😉

And of course, as with all your improvements, great job. That pizza chart looks good. I can't wait to give it a proper play test...

Edited by vonTrips
Link to image added

5 hours ago, vonTrips said:

Why do you made it? Is it just because of the pizza chart, or did it make other mistakes?

With the Winter patch, the way some stats are recorded changed, and match engine tweaks means other stats would also be inaccurate.  This meant the underlying numbers needed to be rerun and the classes updated.  It's a massive task, and so I chose to prioritise the pizza chart instead.  By including areas of the game beyond just those that are normally associated with the position group, it helps give a much more rounded perspective of a player's strengths and weaknesses.

@GIMN First i'd like to say you have outdone yourself with the new updated skin!

The error still exists under the following conditions:

• Unemployed [Started game unemployed]
  • Sidebar Icons enabled [Not words, Icons]

This time I didn't delete anything, just updated the skin. The error still happens. Not sure why

Edited by vJords

24 minutes ago, vJords said:

@GIMN First i'd like to say you have outdone yourself with the new updated skin!

This time I didn't delete anything, just updated the skin. The error still happens. Not sure why

SI made some changes to the side bar menu in icons only mode, so the file needs to be replaced or updated by a new file

41 minutes ago, vJords said:

I've just started a new game, specifically under those conditions, and still unable to replicate at the lowest supported resolution:

image.png.0ddb9174ecab9d1ec18b217b85e83376.png

17 minutes ago, snowofman said:

SI made some changes to the side bar menu in icons only mode, so the file needs to be replaced or updated by a new file

Interesting - do you know which file?  I've checked sidebar menu table, and it appears that the date modified for all 3 extractions I have (first patch, winter patch & just now) are all the same, and the only difference I can see between them and mine is colours I've defined (and the addition of the logo in the bottom corner).

14 minutes ago, GIMN said:

I've just started a new game, specifically under those conditions, and still unable to replicate at the lowest supported resolution:

image.png.0ddb9174ecab9d1ec18b217b85e83376.png

Interesting - do you know which file?  I've checked sidebar menu table, and it appears that the date modified for all 3 extractions I have (first patch, winter patch & just now) are all the same, and the only difference I can see between them and mine is colours I've defined (and the addition of the logo in the bottom corner).

Not sure tbh, as a friend of mine just resently told me it was a problem (i never play in icons only mode) and when i checked unemployed and icons ony the menu icons was gone, until i replaced the "sidebar menu table.xml"

5 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Not sure tbh, as a friend of mine just resently told me it was a problem (i never play in icons only mode) and when i checked unemployed and icons ony the menu icons was gone, until i replaced the "sidebar menu table.xml"

How bizarre!

Looking at the unemployed table specifically, the icon record doesn't seem to have a minimum width, where it does for other tables.

@vJords - as I'm unable to replicate it, I can't test.  Could you try the following file in the panels/generic folder and see if that rectifies the issue?

sidebar menu table.xml

2 hours ago, FERIA said:

Hello GIMM and all team.

Skins is fabulous... where can found in your skin data to translate (maestro and other icon)

thks

20230410103052_1.jpg

For player: panels/player/player overview panel.xml and panels/player/player overview popup panel.xml.

For staff: panels/non_player/non player profile.xml and panels/non_player/non player profile popup panel.xml

For human character: panels/human/human profile.xml

6 minutes ago, HK42 said:

Hi GIMN,

How can I add this panel to my own players? It only appears on the players from other clubs.

image.png.2ae28c143bd68d995fef0b36bcbbc483.png

This is called using the following code inside panels/player/mustermann/reports/player reports other player.xml:

<widget class="playing_history_summary_panel" file="player/mustermann/reports/player reports career history" id="Pcrs" default_height="-1">
  <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>
</widget>

You could look to replace one of the sections in panels/player/mustermann/reports/player reports own player.xml, or place it directly into panels/player/player overview panel.xml.  If you do look to add it as an extra section, you may need to adjust some heights, and that will mean there might be a large blank area for players from other clubs.

6 hours ago, GIMN said:

How bizarre!

Looking at the unemployed table specifically, the icon record doesn't seem to have a minimum width, where it does for other tables.

@vJords - as I'm unable to replicate it, I can't test.  Could you try the following file in the panels/generic folder and see if that rectifies the issue?

sidebar menu table.xml 10.88 kB · 1 download

Yes, this file works. Ran through all scenarios (including simulating to another week)

Screenshot2023-04-10090839.jpg.3b78b211787e65019cac3ff8ecff93f5.jpg

14 hours ago, GIMN said:

With the Winter patch, the way some stats are recorded changed, and match engine tweaks means other stats would also be inaccurate. 

OK, thanks for explain. Are you consider about adding pizza chart to player info screen? 

4 hours ago, GIMN said:

For player: panels/player/player overview panel.xml and panels/player/player overview popup panel.xml.

For staff: panels/non_player/non player profile.xml and panels/non_player/non player profile popup panel.xml

For human character: panels/human/human profile.xml

Perfect, this is answer for me too 😉 Do I understand correctly - if I want have English and other lang version of archetypes, I must switching files (One files with ENG and other files with CZ)?

12 minutes ago, vonTrips said:

OK, thanks for explain. Are you consider about adding pizza chart to player info screen? 

On which screen specifically?

12 minutes ago, vonTrips said:

Perfect, this is answer for me too 😉 Do I understand correctly - if I want have English and other lang version of archetypes, I must switching files (One files with ENG and other files with CZ)?

You can just edit the files directly.  I've annotated the relvant section as <!--ARCHETYPE HINTS--> and the text is just written as it appears in the game (n.b if you want a carriage return, you'll need to input "&#10;" - that string MUST be exact, or the & can cause it to break).  Unsurprisingly, the strings used don't exist within game, so there isn't an associated translation_id to use.

12 minutes ago, GIMN said:

On which screen specifically?

Player profile > Overview-Attributes screen ... Option to display pizza chart instead of traits, it will be perfect for screenshots.

Spoiler

image.png.7fff8e28d0f5194818129f505dc699a9.png

17 minutes ago, GIMN said:

You can just edit the files directly.

Yeah, I thought so. I'll share files here after translation.

5 minutes ago, vonTrips said:

Player profile > Overview-Attributes screen ... Option to display pizza chart instead of traits, it will be perfect for screenshots.

Probably not in the spot for traits, as the space needed for the text makes it too wide.  A selector between attributes and pizza, however, might be possible.

7 minutes ago, vonTrips said:

Yeah, I thought so. I'll share files here after translation.

That would be incredible, thank you!

22 minutes ago, GIMN said:

A selector between attributes and pizza, however, might be possible.

This is good idea, please implement this 😉 And can you share concrete numbers of medians (for each of metrics)?

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

That would be incredible, thank you!

No problem, here it is - czech translation of archetypes (dark graphical version). If you have any non-id text in skin, write me file names please.

human profile.xml non player profile.xml non player profile popup panel.xml player overview panel.xml player overview popup panel.xml

On 09/04/2023 at 13:29, GIMN said:

It's not possible with the design I've chosen, sorry.

That said, the groupings naturally put together the attributes that work in tandem.  If you're looking for a playmaker, all 3 attributes in the passing category are obviously important.  If you're looking for a box-to-box midfielder or wing-back who is going to be running up and down the pitch, the endurance category is key.  And so on.

Getting to grips with it, thanks for taking the time :) 

One more question: Seeing as this might be something i would want to not have in the future (but not wanting everything hidden ala Hodr Skin), would there be a somewhat easy way for me to hide the Potential Stars in the Scouting Report and Coach Report ? (everywhere else i can just deselect them in Views and don't mind Ability being show, so Development Screen is not an issue).

17 hours ago, vonTrips said:

This is good idea, please implement this 😉 And can you share concrete numbers of medians (for each of metrics)?

I've made a copy of the data sheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wufJmSGM4Q1njGRNu33OPoMYHGWs-Rjv17StVwUK6ZM/edit?usp=sharing

13 hours ago, Marinho said:

One more question: Seeing as this might be something i would want to not have in the future (but not wanting everything hidden ala Hodr Skin), would there be a somewhat easy way for me to hide the Potential Stars in the Scouting Report and Coach Report ? (everywhere else i can just deselect them in Views and don't mind Ability being show, so Development Screen is not an issue).

You'd have to edit the various report panels containing that information - there are quite a few I believe.  The easiest way to go about this would be to extract Panels using the FM Resource Archiver; and then search for "Potential Ability".  You'd then want to move those files over to the skin (unless they are already there - not all will be), and edit the files to remove the stars.  It might end up being tedious, but it is not as difficult as it sounds.