Create an U16 or U15 league?

Ellis_D

It's possible on the game to create 14 and 15 year old players. But the youngest youth league you can create is U17.

Does anyone know of any kind of workaround where I can create U16 or U15 leagues?

I want to have youth teams going all the way up from U14 to U21 if possible.

think it is possible to create u16 leagues/cups, but the problem arises when you try and create u16 reserve teams. Also, I believe it is possible to create more youth teams. but both of these scenarios involve editing the "comp editor" files.

A work around for more youth teams would be to create them as affiliate clubs with an age limit on players, and then set them up similar to a II team like Bayern have.

Thanks lads.

I've managed to do U15, U16, U17 and U18 teams (as well as the usual U23 and U19 teams) and added them to a league.  Done them as B and C teams, and as "Regional Academy" I think it is. Then added them as affiliates to each club and changed them to players move freely, same owners, same kit, permanent deal, etc.

I'm playing in San Marino so I have just create extra leagues and added them to those. Just gives me a much wider selection of players to choose from.

• 1 month later...
Em 23/09/2022 em 17:16, Ellis_D disse:

Thanks lads.

I've managed to do U15, U16, U17 and U18 teams (as well as the usual U23 and U19 teams) and added them to a league.  Done them as B and C teams, and as "Regional Academy" I think it is. Then added them as affiliates to each club and changed them to players move freely, same owners, same kit, permanent deal, etc.

I'm playing in San Marino so I have just create extra leagues and added them to those. Just gives me a much wider selection of players to choose from.

Could you share your file? As a personal fan of the San Marino challenge I really like your idea

12 hours ago, hrmantovani said:

Could you share your file? As a personal fan of the San Marino challenge I really like your idea

I could share it mate, but it didn't work as I'd hoped. It would need more editing and testing, and this was for FM22, not FM23, so I will leave it there for now. I will create one for FM23 and see if I can get it to work better. The problem is, it's difficult to get the game to force teams to only play players of a certain age in their teams, if there is no rule as such in that specific league. 

Also, I found that an under 18 team and an under 16, etc, were poorly managed, and it was difficult to get the game to properly recognise more than two B, C, reserve and youth teams per club.

6 horas atrás, Ellis_D disse:

I could share it mate, but it didn't work as I'd hoped. It would need more editing and testing, and this was for FM22, not FM23, so I will leave it there for now. I will create one for FM23 and see if I can get it to work better. The problem is, it's difficult to get the game to force teams to only play players of a certain age in their teams, if there is no rule as such in that specific league. 

Also, I found that an under 18 team and an under 16, etc, were poorly managed, and it was difficult to get the game to properly recognise more than two B, C, reserve and youth teams per club.

I tried to do something like that on FM21 and although I haven't tried U16s the best setup I found was having 4 teams: A, B, U21 and U18s. It gives enough gametime to everyone to develop as much as they can. 

My thinking is that U16s will be useless because basically only the most recent youth intake would be able to play in it. Alternatively you could try experimenting A, B, U21, U19 and U17.

Also changing the age of the youth intake players will just make them take more time to reach their full potential so I don't think it's that benefitial for the challenge

Edited by hrmantovani

I changed the minimum age to 14 though, as surely those extra two years of development will be beneficial. And having the players playing in proper leagues against men rather than kids their own age in youth leagues will see them progress quicker.

Anyway, I will be having a crack at sorting something out in FM23.

10 hours ago, Ellis_D said:

I changed the minimum age to 14 though, as surely those extra two years of development will be beneficial. And having the players playing in proper leagues against men rather than kids their own age in youth leagues will see them progress quicker.

Anyway, I will be having a crack at sorting something out in FM23.

Yeah, as I said in an earlier post, you can create leagues as low as u16, but that (along with max ages for teams) requires the use of the resource archiver.

Basically, once the changes have been made (to the actual editor), you would then create the league as an u16 league and the teams would need to be created individually (I was never able to get an u16 reserve team working). With the created teams (which would be set as affiliates), you can then set the maximum age for the team as 16 through the changes made to the editor. As such, any player over the age of 16 will be ineligible.

this is definately possible, although knowledge of the workarounds of xml editing and enums are required. @EnigMattic1is probably the one with the most knowledge on this. it is possible to add in sections that define competitions and squad selection rules for U15/16/17 competitions, however actually linking them to those ages does require a repeated effort to find what if any works.