Best shout to use to hold onto a narrow lead in last 10 minutes?

Just now, 2feet said:

If players ratings are only average, not amazing.

If I Encourage, they all get mad.

Sometimes it's better to not speak and leave it as just it is. From my experience:

- Encourage: When you draw in first half
- Calm Down: When you have scored the first goal against a favorite team to win
- Praise: When you lead by two or more goals
- Berate: When you lose by two or more goals

If you're not a huge favourite just praise them, they'll be happy and that helps. They can only get complacent if they're not a good character and have a rating over 7.0.

If you are a huge favourite, then just don't use shouts because then some players might get uniterested/frustrated/confused after most shouts.

• 5 months later...

If I click "C'mon you´re *****" in the 75th minute, my team scores twice and take the lead. Then in the 87th minute, the shout is finally heard according to the game, and my players get pissed at me for obvious reason.

Why does the shout sometimes come in the same minute I click it, and sometimes 20 minutes later, regardless if there are breaks in the game?

7 hours ago, JLJ said:

If I click "C'mon you´re *****" in the 75th minute, my team scores twice and take the lead. Then in the 87th minute, the shout is finally heard according to the game, and my players get pissed at me for obvious reason.

Why does the shout sometimes come in the same minute I click it, and sometimes 20 minutes later, regardless if there are breaks in the game?

This...unless you're watching the entire game or on extended highlights, shouts are next to pointless and useless as they never take effect when you actually need/want them to.

Currently, the best shout for me is "no pressure" because I can see my team getting nervous at the end of matches. We're a newly promoted team in the Ukrainian Premier League and (from what I see in their body language) it doesn't seem my players have high ratings for Pressure.

That said, if I really do want to hold onto a lead, I don't rely on shouts, but rather tactical changes and I count making strategic subs as a tactical change.

On 31/01/2023 at 16:07, Maviarab said:

This...unless you're watching the entire game or on extended highlights, shouts are next to pointless and useless as they never take effect when you actually need/want them to.

Thanks for your reply.
I don't know anything about programming games, but I reckon it shouldn't be that hard for the developers just to fix that a shout is heard to the players the very second I click "shout". 

Shouts before or after highlight. Shouts cannot be programmed during highlight, since the match engine does not generate "fixed" games. When you apply a shout, new calculations start over. Every time you do a tactical change (shout - morale, sub, mentality etc) things change inside the code to take action.

Also, you can cancel a shout before the highlight finish. During the highlight, open the tactics page and bottom right corner hit "Cancel". The shout will be cancelled and will not take an action when the highlight finish. @JLJ