Too easy to keep players the AI bid for / Never offer enough

Just an annoyance with this years game. For example, My player at the now mid table premier league Derby is valued between 87 - 99 million, Real Madrid come in and offer 27 million. I reject it, player then comes to me unhappy, agree he can leave if a suitable offer comes in, first suggested figure is 85 million so I go with that and thats the end of the transfer saga everytime.

This seems to be the case with every player, I never lose a player I dont want to or fall out with one over a transfer unlike previous editions.

The problem is not with the valuation that the players accept - you wouldn't expect them to undervalue themselves even if they might want to leave (especially if they have a clause where they'll get part of the transfer fee). The problem is with the prevalence of non-negotiable lowball offers coming from clubs and the fact they never up them into a reasonable range to capture the player.

9 hours ago, rp1966 said:

The problem is not with the valuation that the players accept - you wouldn't expect them to undervalue themselves even if they might want to leave (especially if they have a clause where they'll get part of the transfer fee). The problem is with the prevalence of non-negotiable lowball offers coming from clubs and the fact they never up them into a reasonable range to capture the player.

I don't necessarily see that as an issue. The club has identified the player as an 'okay' option - would add something to the team, but not worth spending a huge amount to sign.

My experience is that lowball bidding tends to happen if the bidding club doesn't have great information about the player - they don't really know how much it's going to take to sign the player, so they're putting in a bid that's at the lowest edge of the 'Transfer Value' range. Possibly they haven't fully scouted the player (AI teams often bid before they've fully scouted) or the player's agent hasn't given them a reasonable idea of what they should bid. Maybe the bid gets accepted, or maybe it's enough to unsettle the player and force the asking price down a bit. It's annoying, but it's not unreasonable for a club to try it.

If the bidding club had identified the player as a high priority, they'd be a lot more persistent with trying to sign him. Or if it's late in the transfer window and their other targets have already moved elsewhere. You can often get ridiculous sums for fairly average players if a rich AI club has them as a high priority and there's not much time left before deadline day. 

It depends how much the club wants the player and their situation. I've had similar experiences where the AI never gets close. But then with others I set that price through the negotiation and a club does come in at it. My best AMC was picked up by Bayern because I'd agreed a bit of a pie in the sky £50m price with a player while at my side in the Austrian league. Same happened with a CM, a club unsettled him with a low ball bid we agreed a £40m price in January and come the summer a club bid it. 

Often times I think the player doesn't go on to live up to the price tag you agree with the player. That certainly seems to be the case with most in my teams. 

20 hours ago, rp1966 said:

Valuation is definitely part of the problem. Players get overvalued quite a bit when they play in top leagues, so you can easily set values that they happily accept that are way above what a player of that quality should cost. At the same time, this inflated valuation (especially when you play in the PL) is also part of why these low balls happen. The game might say a player is worth €60m, but when there's 5 other players available that are just as good and are only valued €20m because they don't play in the PL even the AI isn't stupid enough to blindly drop €60m on the PL player.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I've noticed that AI is more interested in players who have:

1) lower squad status - they know that they probably need to pay more for star players, but usually there's more interest in rotation players, breakthrough prospects and even fringe/backup players.

2) lower wages. Remember, scouts also estimate player wage demands and I'm pretty sure that information is taken into account in AI transfers.

Fairly realistic outlook, especially if we talk about Premier League clubs. When my first team player is on £20,000 p/w contract, it's easy to lure him away with £50-60,000 p/w offer which is still fairly low for EPL side, but when he already earns £50,000-£60,000 p/w he probably asks for more than £100,000 p/w to move. And obviously, for £100,000 p/w (salary-wise) the selection for EPL clubs is much wider - they don't necessarily have to go for this particular player.