FM22 - Everton: Rip it up and start again... again!

IUsedToBeGreat

Everton.png.596e0e1404e8d59995da03628522a59c.png

Welcome to the Everton FM22 thread

A sleeping giant of a club! One that has been asleep for way too long!

Arguably/historically the 4th most successful club in England with 9 Topflight titles and 5 F.A. Cup's and a European Cup Winners Cup.

All this success however was confined to the last century.

There has been hope and there have been false dawns and it feels as though the club has only been successful in utter failure for more than a generation!

With the very much needed and long-awaited investment has brought with it a cycle of 6 managers since 2016 and with that constant transition coupled with some extremely poor buying decisions when it has come to the teams rebuilding.

Carlo Ancelotti seemed to be the manager who was going to relight the fire, but for one reason or another that flame died and went out in the summer of 2021 leading to the unpopular managerial choice of Rafael Benitez... But now it’s your turn! You have no money, you have a squad which is light but a starting 11 that on its day can probably give any team in the league a run for their money, its consistency and quality (in numbers) that are going to be the key!

Are you the one who can reunite the fan base and give the club back not only a modicum of pride but ultimately bring success back to Goodison Park as the club turns the page on a new chapter and moves into Bramley Moore?

Stadium: Goodison Park 

Capactiy: 39,572

Training Facilities: Superb

Youth Facilities: Superb

Junior Recruitment: Excellent

Youth Recruitment: Very Good

Finances: OKay (FFP hampered)

Transfer Budget: £2m

Wage Budget: £2.1m pw

Media Prediction: 11th

Club Culture

Play possesion football

develop players using youth system

sign player under the age of 22 for the future

Play attacking football 

Do not sign players over the age of 30 

Play entertaining football

End of Season objectives

Top half finish 

Reach FA 5th Round (min)

Reach Carabao Cup 4th Round (min)

Work towards becoming the best of the rest... *sighs... really* 

New signings

Demarai Gray, Andros Townsend, Rondon

A summer of massive and unforeseen upheaval coupled with being hamstrung by FFP and years of awful spending – I guess you reap what you sow! Years of large fees spent on less than adequate players is coming home to roost…

Make no mistake you are in the bargain basement and face the predicament of sell to buy or go with what you have got...

The squad is thin on high quality, you are in desperate need of a right back. the midfield is threadbare upfront you are light. There are some big earners on the books, the choices for players out are endless the choices of players to come in, they are thin on the ground.

You have work to do! Go with what you’ve got or rip it up and start again… again!

Youth talent at the club is not too bad the standouts being: Reece Welch, Lewis Dobbin, Lewis Gibson, Ellis Simms and Jarrad Branthwaite being the best of all (DC is covered without being outstanding)

The squad has 24 players in the 1st team, with the best rated at the club Moise Kean out on loan with a mandatory sale.

So, do you wheel and deal your way to some sort of success? Can you keep the crown jewels and still build something and keep all of them happy? Will you end the 4-year search for a right back that can give poor Seamus Coleman the respite he deserves! What will you do?

This a save NOT for the faint hearted, even for us die hard blues it’s a labour of love and pain and grief to try to get back the consistency and trophies!

Good luck... You’re going to need it!

Edited by IUsedToBeGreat

So - I am going down the sell to buy route... Thank you Newcastle! I have raised £6 million selling on a few of the fringe players and unfortunately my casualty is Digne £45 mil though. I moved quickly to replace him with Joshu Vagnoman (R/LB) - £7.5 mil from HSV - he scouted in as 4.5 rated prospect currently at championship level though so, its a gamble 

also exploring a couple of Polish players but they are longer term prospects Kacper Kozłowski (CM) £3mil and Jakub Kamiński RB/RM) £4mil -*edit*  They just rejected a work permit for Kaminski Grrrrr

Effectively I am using the old Moyes model of a player in that can possibly play a couple of positions.

Victor Kristiansen is another player I am looking at – but he is a victim of the old work permit unlikely on my scout report.

Knocked back entirely by Khvicha Kvaratskhelia as he is NOT interested…

I am going to confess up right now – I am using the 4-4-2 Flemengo-Go-Go-Go tactic… I like a 4-4-2 and this tactic worked well for me on the demo and since the full game came out, I do tweak it though so that the players I have are playing the roles but at their best strengths… As I say, worked well – you get undone at times by the top, top sides but…

Back to my scouting – still looking for midfielders and another forward and any other bargains that may pop up!

Edited by IUsedToBeGreat

Good luck mate! I've not started an Everton save yet, afraid to see what that debt/finances look like haha!!!!

Doesn't help that we've lost Siggy (although he has literally gone missing IRL). Like you say, only way out of this mess is really to blood some youth (who aren't really good enough) and to sell some of the saleable assets like Digne or Richie.

In my main save, DCL goes to Newcastle........

Good to see you’re still about. Aye, the debts etc. are a worry - I am hoping for a miracle in the players department (not going to spend over £15mil if I can help it) Yeah, the kids are all 2 star rated by the coaches - I figure that’s not good enough to keep so have basically disbanded the U18 bar 2 or 3 of them... U23s is jammed full of average players too - I am searching for those hidden gems but whenever I speak to the agent - I get knocked back!

I have just shipped out Tosun though to Norwich for £3 mil! 

1 minute ago, Welshace said:

Been thinking of starting an Everton save.. what percentage of sales profits go into the transfer kitty?  I will probably look to sell some of the bigger assets in order to drive a rebuild.

Well as I say I’ve sold Digne as the big out £45 mil and Tosun for £3 mil Gordon gone too for £8.5 - then there is a load of the U23s for very small beer - but my transfer kitty is sat £47 mil and I have spent £10 mil - as I mention above I am hitting up the lower priced player (can play a couple of positions) - starting to get frustrated been at this since 9am and haven’t actually started the season and have 25 players on my scouting list - most of which are flicking me the Vs in terms of wanting to come a few of them are going to cost too much - Currently looking at Tyrese Campbell but he is out injured and £12 mil for a 3rd striker (on my budget) is feeling a bit too rich 

I have loads interested in Allan, Keane so I may offer them out for daft money too

No interest in Iwobi or Gbamin (shocked here)  nor Delph... its going to be a tough haul this one!

I need a couple of players in from that £7-15mil range that I know will do superbly well and then I might get to shift them on for BIG money 

48 minutes ago, IUsedToBeGreat said:

Well as I say I’ve sold Digne as the big out £45 mil and Tosun for £3 mil Gordon gone too for £8.5 - then there is a load of the U23s for very small beer - but my transfer kitty is sat £47 mil and I have spent £10 mil - as I mention above I am hitting up the lower priced player (can play a couple of positions) - starting to get frustrated been at this since 9am and haven’t actually started the season and have 25 players on my scouting list - most of which are flicking me the Vs in terms of wanting to come a few of them are going to cost too much - Currently looking at Tyrese Campbell but he is out injured and £12 mil for a 3rd striker (on my budget) is feeling a bit too rich 

I have loads interested in Allan, Keane so I may offer them out for daft money too

No interest in Iwobi or Gbamin (shocked here)  nor Delph... its going to be a tough haul this one!

I need a couple of players in from that £7-15mil range that I know will do superbly well and then I might get to shift them on for BIG money 

Oh i just meant what percentage of transfer funds is allocated back to you by the board in game?

2 hours ago, IUsedToBeGreat said:

To start off with? Only £2 mil -  I think that there was £10 mil on account - sorry not much help here... 

Thanks mate, appreciate the reply, but i meant the percentage made available.... as below...

HyPRiIp.png

At least you get the whole amount to spend

I play an Everton save every year, I'm always fairly successful when managing them on the basis that I know the ins and outs of the squad so well based on past versions too. I genuinely just clear all of the deadwood in season 1 as best as possible and focus on watching DCL carry us for the first couple of season, he's actually unreal on the game. Richarlison is always one I like to shift out in second two or three as his personality isn't the best. 

10 hours ago, IUsedToBeGreat said:

The first season is a grind for me... I will be honest 

I finished 5th in the first season, I try and shift the culture of personalities in the squad to a much more professional outlook from the off and that tends to have a positive impact. I sell the likes of Allan who are pretty unprofessional and go from there.

On 29/11/2021 at 19:54, ShaunG95 said:

I finished 5th in the first season, I try and shift the culture of personalities in the squad to a much more professional outlook from the off and that tends to have a positive impact. I sell the likes of Allan who are pretty unprofessional and go from there.

👍 - Ive ground to a halt but will look at that as an option in the next summer window - I am planning on looking at free agents and hopefully getting some of the youth players into the side and then make a couple of bigger signings (money permitting)

I started an Everton file, didn't realise they were so hard up.

Gone for a 4-3-3, fairly attacking with a line leading forward, inside forward and a late surging central midfielder.

My line up is;

Keeper - Pickford  / Begovic  / Lonergan

RB - Coleman / Kenny

CB - Keane / Holgate

CB - Mina / Branthwaite

LB - Digne / Delph

DM - Allan / Gbamin

MC - Davies / Gomes

MC - Douacoure / Godfrey

IF - Richarlison / Iwobi

W - Townsend / Gray

Fwd - C-Lewin / Rondon / Tosun

I kept Branthwaite as I think he's got some potential, and with a few games, I might be able to develop him as a competent defender. Trouble is, Everton aren't really that good to rotate. 

Godfrey is an all rounder, but I've used him in the attacking midfield as backup for Douacoure because his physicality let's him surge into the box and get chances.

everton.thumb.png.e7d4bbeed04a923a61245abdde9b818a.png

My results so far, seem fairly reasonable.

Richarlison broke his leg at Spurs, so that was a huge early set-back. Douacoure broke his ankle I think at the Arsenal game, which we dominated massively and yet still lost.

Games have been fairly close affairs, though we usually edge it in chance quality. The only games we've been overrun is the United game (duh) and Liverpool, who hammered us so badly we didn't even get a single shot away. They also scored the winner in the 95th minute, as you do... 

I did an overhaul of the backroom staff - they suck. Got some real world class staff in place, especially in the training dept. Scouting dept is working overtime getting some cheap talent on my books, but because I play with the initial window disabled, I have a mere 200k for January (lol) 

All the crap players are demanding to be loaned out. 

December Transfers:

I've sold Tosun for 500k to Galatasaray - that's 60k off the wage bill.

Begovic went for 500k to some Middle East team, that's another 40k off the bill and given he was 38 (or whatever) I'm not too fussed to see him go. Knowing my luck, Pickford will break his neck in a few weeks to stuff me over.

Delph is on the transfer list for 100k, but let's be real, no one's touching him. He got five or six injuries in a row and has barely managed to get on the bench, he's like Phil Jones over at United, probably married the physio by now. His wages are obscene for such a rubbish player.

Contracts:

Only two contracts given out, both to youth defenders in the U23's, both 18 years old, I don't know their names off hand, but I think they have potential. I signed them on reasonable wages (8k and 1k respectively) and I don't think they're too far off as emergency players, but for now they'll develop.

Kenny demanded a higher squad status than I wanted to give. I was happy to give him fringe status, but he wants squad player status, he's only really getting a look in when Coleman is tired/injured right now. I'll risk letting him go.

Plan:

Keep hold of the stars basically. Pickford, Digne, C-Lewin, Richarlison, Allan and Dourcoure are great players. Keane-Mina are good defenders too. 

I need a left back backup, right back, replacement for Allan (age) and a right winger, because Townsend blows hot and cold, which isn't ideal.

League Table:

evertontable.thumb.png.4edfc472f2df622ca201cfb70935a317.png

Liverpool, predictably running away with it. United were keeping up with them until fairly recently, they've lost those three games in the last month or so.

Chelsea started off awfully, they lost their two openers and then surged on a run of form.

Arsenal and Spurs are very hot and cold.

Burnley are the surprise tbh, they've been atrocious throughout, their two wins literally coming in the last few fixtures.

Newcastle, clearly have data issues as they seem to be expected to get top half, but they're dire IRL. Howe, predictably, got sacked the day before I faced them.

Stats-wise, Lewin is top scorer with 12, Digne top assists with 7 - freekicks and corners really.

Whether I can sustain the wins, I'm not sure. I'm trying my best to win the home games and whatever we get away is a bonus really.  (Second string has been playing in the cups, though I did have to throw Lewin on because Rondon/Tosun can't shoot for toffee.)

Edited by isignedupfornorealreason

Got myself a League Cup Final vs Manchester United as well! Will be very surprised if I win it though. Easiest cup run ever; Port Vale, Fulham, Brighton, Swindon (League 2!), Watford.

I just paused my save in January, having gone to Tottenham and come away with a very surprising 4-0 win. 

Still hanging onto 4th place right now, Chelsea are five points behind. I was expecting to lose to Spurs, so I'm quite content. 

January Transfers was a tough one;

Out:

Yerry Mina - 38 million to relegation bound Newcastle.

Digne - 52 million to Manchester City.

Tom Cannon - 140k to Birmingham.

So, basically I drew up the team and signings I wanted. The board informed me that January's budget was £0. I needed some sales to get some quality in. Yerry Mina, I didn't mind selling, but I was hoping he'd reject and stay. He wanted to go, so he left - it frees up space for the youth centrebacks though, so I'm not too fussed.

Digne, I allowed to leave because I saw a player that was similar, though I don't think people would be too happy it happened; Also, it looked like he wouldn't be too please if I rejected tbh.

IN:

Callum Chambers - 1.5 Million, Arsenal

Kostas Tsimikas - 11.5 million, Liverpool.

So, the reason I sold was to raise money for Chambers because for some stupid reason, the world can approach him for free (6 months before) due to his contract running out, but English clubs have to actually wait until his contract runs out... Ugh. Anyway, I grabbed him on the cheap and he's on something like 20k a week, which is fine. He's now my long term replacement for RB, though he desperately wants to play CB, it ain't happening.

Tsimikas is quite well rounded, a very solid LB. I had to sign him on some hefty wages, but tied him down long term and he's only 25. For 11.5million it was a steal. Surprised Liverpool even gave me the time of the day. Oh, and he got an assist on his debut.

Unfortunately, both are cup tied for the League Cup final, so that sucks.

On the plus side, so far Calvert-Lewin has shown no indication of ever wanting to leave the club, and has encouraged me to reject bids for him. So there's that!

Edited by isignedupfornorealreason

7 hours ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

On the plus side, so far Calvert-Lewin has shown no indication of ever wanting to leave the club, and has encouraged me to reject bids for him. So there's that!

One thing I'd maybe say is to sign him a new deal without a wage rise because some of his bonuses are quite hefty in his contract I have found, especially the 20% rise.

Finished my first season at Everton. 

A tough run of fixtures at the end resulted in some hefty defeats (United, Chelsea and Liverpool), but we somehow spanked City 3-0.

Unfortunately, the defeats and draws at the run in were enough to drop us down to 5th - we could have gone 4th if City lost to Wolves, but they beat them 2-0, so we couldn't manage it in the end.

Got to the FA Cup Semi-Finals, where I lost to Chelsea.

Got to the League Cup Final where I lost to United AET 1-2.

New Season: 2022/23:

Aims: Top half in the League and Knockouts of Euro Cup.

I think they should be achievable. Transfer budget of around 50m. Club is now in the top 20 richest clubs worldwide - we went straight to 'rich' the moment we sold Digne.

OUT:

7 youth/u23 players left, Delph and Lonergan retired.

Virgina (my backup keeper) left to Sporting via release clause for 4 million.

Onyanga left to Swansea for 14k.

IN:

George Wickens from Fulham 26k, backup keeper.

Dylan Levitt - Manchester United, free. (he hasn't confirmed yet, so I've probably jinxed this.)

Glenn Kamara - Rangers, 15m

Reece Divine - Manchester United, free. 

Really, I'm buying Kamara and Levitt because I'm adjusting my tactic. My central midfielder will now be a playmaker alongside a CM/A. Kamara is a perfect playmaker for our level. Dylan Levitt, is young enough to be a future hit and I think he can play as a backup.

Reece Divine is a LWB, who is with me for a backup option.

My Team:

GK) Pickford / Wickens

DR) Chambers / Coleman

DC) Keane / Branthwaite

DC) Holgate / Godfrey / Gibson.

DL) Tismiskas / Devine

DM) Allan / Gbamin 

PLY) Camara / Levitt

CMA) Doucoure / Davies

IF) Richarlison / Iwobi

FWD) Calvert-Lewin / Rondon

WR) Townsend / Gray

Really struggling for find a decent modern winger. I need to get cover for the Right wing, and a better CM/A. Also, a younger DM and a cover for Chambers at RB. Also, first signs that Calvert-Lewin wants to leave for a bigger club. A shame.

• 2 weeks later...

2nd Season:

Premier League: 3rd (85pts)

League Cup: Runner up again, 1-3 vs Liverpool.

FA Cup: Winners 3-1 vs Lads, it's Tottenham.

Europa League: 2nd Knockout vs Sporting 1-1 penalties.

Squad:

Townsend demanded 80k a week to stay, then signed a contract on 20k a week elsewhere wtf?

Coleman signed a new contract on 46k a week, then three months later asked to leave for a new challenge???

Iwobi demanded to leave for CL football, promised he'd stay if I qualify for CL - so I do, but now he won't renew...

It's rough. Also, no matter how good I seem to do, Everton's finances are a gaping black hole. We went from 60million in the black to -15million in debt by the end of the season. What on Earth?

On the plus side, Sesko, my newest striker signing, won the NXGEN best future prospect reward, is my top scorer (31) and is easily on the way to being world class.

Thoughts:

I don't like the media module - they were hyping us up in the 'title challenge', when United were some 15 points ahead of everyone. There wasn't a challenge to even consider, but no, the game says there's one, so we have to have nerves and all that nonsense.

League cup, once again we had a really easy run in, but couldn't beat the top teams.

FA Cup, unusually, easy run in until the Semi-Finals where we had Man Utd. Now, they turned me over 5-2 and 4-0 earlier in the season, so I didn't expect much from the game, and what do you know? Their keeper was out injured, some newbie was in and we won 4-2. Happy days. And then we had Spurs in the final, and you know you have a chance if it's Spurs - and they were without Kane, so bonus.

I don't know what I'll do for season 3. Champions League football on a shoestring budget is pushing it. The board have allocated 50m for transfers, but that might get me a winger or two at most.

On 03/01/2022 at 19:31, Ewan0404 said:

Good season. 

I have just started as Everton. How are you lining up? 

I am struggling to find a tactic I like. 

I created quite a successful tactic across various saves with Everton, it evolved over time, mind. I finished 6th first season with this tactic on my very first save. The first variation was used across the season with DCL as AF, Richarlison as LW, Fornals as AP and W was either Gray or Iwobi. The second variation is more reflective of the current team selection too.

image.thumb.png.bb73d98f46149fc64e3c6bdd550e1bcd.png

image.thumb.png.14c51c34d4b100f71e24d639a08c00e4.png

On 03/01/2022 at 19:31, Ewan0404 said:

Good season. 

I have just started as Everton. How are you lining up? 

I am struggling to find a tactic I like. 

My tactic on two saves since with Everton has been this one and I've finished much stronger on both of those saves. You do need quite a lot of overhaul in players to get it working initially I find though.

Can you tell I love Everton, Fornals and Yusuf Demir? Haha!

image.thumb.png.9d67173b8315fbc28d6ba732390087e2.png

image.thumb.png.c608e5aa7d9ad15f118308bc007e4de5.png

• 2 weeks later...

Almost at the end of my third season, so nearly at the new stadium.

Currently 3rd in the Premier League - top four is secured. 

FA Cup final vs Liverpool... again. We had a relatively easy draw again, the only difficult team was Arsenal.

Champions League final vs Liverpool as well.

Lost in the League Cup in the fourth round to Chelsea - no easy draws this time to get us through. :(

The Champions League run was flukey. I got Rangers in the first knock out round, which is an easy tie as you can get. I then got very lucky, with a 4-1 (4-3) win over Bayern Munich, because my striker Sesko netted two goals in the 90th and 93rd minutes to win the tie.

I just rolled AC Milan (and Calvert-Lewin) over 3-1 on aggregate in the Semi Finals.

However, Liverpool are in the final having beaten Real Madrid 10-1 on aggregate, if that doesn't give everyone a clear idea of how strong their team is, they are absolutely insane. As are Manchester United to be honest. 

At the moment the PL is like this;

1. United

2. Liverpool

3. Everton

United and Liverpool are 1 point apart. And I'm way back, five points behind, with 3 games to go.

It's a very odd season though, Leeds United are in 5th and battling Arsenal and Chelsea for top four. Manchester City are miles away in 7th with a mere 58 points, they drew a staggering 13 games and lost 8.

Oh, as for transfers:

Out:

Andros Townsend - free

Alex Iwobi - PSG, 25m (he didn't want to stay...)

Abdoulaye Doucoure - Sassuolo, 16m (he hinted that he was going to leave on a free transfer...)

Gbamin - Sampdoria, 2.6 million.

Calvert Lewin - Milan 65m (He asked for a new contract, refused to sign and then started a riot, so I had to get rid of him.)

Michael Keane - Newcastle 28m (He said he didn't want to leave, but changed his tune when offered Toon wages.)

IN:

Alexandre Lacazette, Arsenal, 3 million (on backup terms.) He's having a superb season with 12 goals in 16 appearances at 7.42 average.

Edoly Lukoki, Nantes, 7 million (future prospect striker) Might have made a mistake here as his performances have been woeful, even out on loan in League 2...

Ben Lloyd, Swansea, 5m (future prospect, and cover for the midfielders. Scored a hat-trick on his debut.)

Cristian Canales, Real Sebastian C squad - 4.5million backup winger.

Ricardo Horta, BRG, 25.5million - First Team winger, replacing Townsend. - Fairly solid replacement.

Amine Gouiri, Nice, 18.5million - Rotation Inside Forward, replacing Iwobi. Decent buy, however, since bringing him in, Richarlison has been in the form of his life and has effectively relegated this lad to the bench!

Canales was signed because Demari Gray demanded more first team football and then elected to hand in a transfer request. No one wants him on his wages, however.

Most transfers out are to do with players being unreasonable with their wages, playing time or just being idiots (in the case of Doucoure, free transfer when I just secured CL football?)

For most the part, stats wise we're easily the third best team in England at present, with the third highest goals scored and third best goal difference. 

team.png.f9cc17022871bd4e91dfe27503d810ed.png

That's my first team when everyone's fit. I thought of using an advanced playmaker but it didn't work at all. In fact, Kamara got 'worst signing of the season' playing in that role, whereas he's now hit something silly like 14+ assists playing in the CM/A role.

Lost both finals. :(

FA Cup 1-2.

CL: 2-3 aet.

Means Liverpool won the League, FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League. Clean sweep.

Finishing third twice and reaching five cup finals is not enough to raise the reputation of Everton though and now I have players wanting to leave for 'bigger clubs'. No doubt, they will want to go to teams that finished sixth or seventh. :idiot:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've found on the latest update that some staple sales such as Allan to Newcastle for £30m+ (because of Bruno I'd assume) weren't doable anymore so therefore it was trickier getting cash together for quality signings. I ended up paying a silly amount over installments for Illia Zabarnyi and Pablo Fornals who I love on the game but thankfully little to nothing up-front.

image.png.5b32e8925cbceafa1be2a069c39e0eb0.png

Dele commanded a large fee on deadline day because of his good he was to be fair to him, he had 23 in 25 from a shadow striker role in all competitions, I also kept his league appearances below 20 so I didn't pay any money for him also.

image.png.31f013d9a8f9872d7f88aaa6d4e0d8e2.png

The fees look massive but I paid as little as I could upfront for all transfers up until Sesko's arrival. Salzburg and Rapid Wien were quite stern in demanding most of those fees up front and I was fortunate that the board made some extra transfer budget available in December so I could sort those transfers out swiftly without competition from other clubs.

My blueprint for all Everton saves is changing the personality of the squad: Wober, Mepham, Matuidi, Robson-Kanu and Fornals all came in as really good mentors for other players. I'm also fond of Easter European wonderkids so Zakharyan, Zabarnyi, Kvaratskhelia, Tyukavin and Sesko are all first season staples for me if the scouts give encouraging enough reports about them in the first window.

image.png.99c7ec4ec0fef0629f57dab01c7128da.png

It's interesting but I manage Everton across numerous saves on every iteration of FM and I found this save arguably probably the easiest with my hyper offensive formation from earlier posts. Liverpool are Liverpool for the first two or three seasons, they are very tough to topple at the top so I wasn't surprised that even a high points tally wouldn't be enough to conquer Merseyside so prematurely.

Lineup was effectively this: (can't screenshot because I'm seasons in now)

GK: Pickford

WBR: Godfrey (surprisingly very good here)

BPD: Mepham

CD: Zabarnyi

WBL: Wober 

HB: Matuidi

IWR: Robson-Kanu (A good performer for free!)

IWL: Gray/Iwobi/Gordon (No real set starter)

SS: Alli (Until January)/Fornals

AF: Calvert-Lewin

F9: Richarlison

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/01/2022 at 19:41, ShaunG95 said:

My tactic on two saves since with Everton has been this one and I've finished much stronger on both of those saves. You do need quite a lot of overhaul in players to get it working initially I find though.

Can you tell I love Everton, Fornals and Yusuf Demir? Haha!

image.thumb.png.9d67173b8315fbc28d6ba732390087e2.png

image.thumb.png.c608e5aa7d9ad15f118308bc007e4de5.png

Na , haaland in 2025 on 74 goals? Wtf

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/06/2022 at 06:01, cacace8 said:

Na , haaland in 2025 on 74 goals? Wtf

He's an absolute menace! How I got him was luck more than anything. He entered his last 6 months with a month injury and I sent an offer on the first day, maxed out pretty much my whole wage structure for him and low and behold because of his injury, no other club came in for him so it was a really straight forward bosman signing. My best ever on any FM by a large distance.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Got an Everton save on the go on the beta. Finished 4th in my first season which was a great success. As with my first save on every beta, I have gone crazy with installment deals with a hope of basically just juicing the team as much as I can in a short time frame. My main takeaways since putting the hours in since Friday:

• Nathan Patterson has been significantly upgraded and is now a model citizen, it's a must to play him as much as possible as he develops rapidly because of his personality.
  • The squad is generally in a sorry state, as any Everton fan knows in real life.
  • Alli, Gomes and Gbamin have proved extremely difficult to move on even after returning from their loans. Holgate and Doucoure similarly have been tricky to shift.
  • Anthony Gordon is improved but potentially still not great. I may well have just got a low potential roll but the coaches seemed to think he wouldn't improve and hasn't since being sold.
  • Dwight McNeil is as good as he has been on past editions.
  • DCL is still prolific.