(FM21) How short do you allow a CD to be?

EddyDeWallyvis

Height can be mitigated with Anticipation, Positioning and Decisions. You need to back it up with the strength to not be bullied off the ball when you are in the right place at the right time, but thats why Cannavaro did well. If he doesnt work out as a BPD he would make a great DLP.

It depends on your playstyle and how you defend. If you play a really high line and mostly focus on ball recovery high up the pitch, then it's not that important. But if you are a team that get pushed back a lot, then it will be more important with a tall defender.

Thx for the suggestions.
Decided to try and turn this guy into a CM. I use a 4411 with a BBM(su) and DLP(su) as CM pairing. Since a good BBM is hard to find in my save and I rotate alot, I'm hoping this guy will become a good choice as BBM. Doubling down on OTB in training and increase his workrate with fining if needed. 
He has played 3 consecutive competitive matches as a BBM and rating so far is 7,10. Promising start.

I'd never sign a CD shorter than 185cm, but I'm a bit OCD on my CD's. However as others have mentioned in real life there have been plenty of examples. Martinez (175cm) at Ajax is also doing well, his partners in defense (usually Timber, 179cm) aren't that tall either.

Edited by Takamaru