[FM22] Worldwide Champions League (22.4 UPDATE 9 April)

On 02/02/2022 at 10:42, kaka_acmilan_rossoneri said:

Hi Dailan,

Could you reduce the slot from nation over 57 so we can have more slot for nation under 57? 

As in, give some teams ranked lower than 57 more than 2 slots? Either way, I've thought of making some changes to have a more gradual shift in the slots - currently nobody gets 5 spots and nobody gets 3 spots, for example - but that part of this setup has more or less been working so tinkering with it has been a low priority. I'll look into it.

14 hours ago, phantom1998 said:

I tried your Canada patch but it doesn't work, none of the MLS clubs qualify for the tournament dispute winning the Canadian Championship.

Huh, weird. I'll have to look at it again. Are you using any other data files with it? One of the ways I tried to manage compatibility was to disable my fixes if certain Canadian competitions that are extinct in the base DB are not extinct in the new save (as a sign that another file might be working in Canada that I want to stay out of the way of) but I might have to revisit that idea if it's disabling them when it shouldn't be.

Edited by Dallan

I am using general january transfer window data updates and also some of the realism patches. Nothing that modifies the Canada nation in particular.  But I'll try it again with no other db selected.

Edited by phantom1998

4 hours ago, Dallan said:

As in, give some teams ranked lower than 57 more than 2 slots? Either way, I've thought of making some changes to have a more gradual shift in the slots - currently nobody gets 5 spots and nobody gets 3 spots, for example - but that part of this setup has more or less been working so tinkering with it has been a low priority. I'll look into it.

Huh, weird. I'll have to look at it again. Are you using any other data files with it? One of the ways I tried to manage compatibility was to disable my fixes if certain Canadian competitions that are extinct in the base DB are not extinct in the new save (as a sign that another file might be working in Canada that I want to stay out of the way of) but I might have to revisit that idea if it's disabling them when it shouldn't be.

Ok I tested the file again without other data files and it's still not working.  Every year its only the CPL teams getting into the competition.

Yes, same on my end - which is strange because in the editor test/simulator it worked fine!

I guess I can't do this quite as easily as I thought, but I'll try another method or two and repost when I have something that works in both settings.

I have some changes in your file:

1. Slot allocation:

Leagues ranked 1-9: 7 spots

Leagues ranked 10-30: 6 spots 

Leagues ranked 31-44: 4 spots 

Leagues ranked 45-73: 3 spots 

Leagues ranked 74 and below: 2 spots

2. Remove all Squad Rules

3. Coefficient points contributions

a. Champions League

- Qualifiers: 1 point for win, 0.5 point for draw

- Reaching Group stage: 4 points; 3 points for a win, 1.5 points for a draw

- Reaching 1st K-O round: 6 points; 4 points for a win, 2 points for a draw

- Reaching 2nd K-O round: 1.5 points; 4 points for a win, 2 points for a draw

- Reaching Round of 16: 3 points; 4 points for a win, 2 points for a draw

- Reaching Quarter Final: 5 points; 4 points for a win, 2 points for a draw

- Reaching Semi Final: 7 points; 4 points for a win, 2 points for a draw

- Reaching Final: 10 points; 4 points for a win, 2 points for a draw

b. World League

- Qualifiers: 0.5 point for win, 0.25 point for draw

- Reaching the WL final qualifying group stage: 1 point; 0.5 point for win, 0.25 point for draw

- Reaching Group stage: 2 points; 2 points for a win, 1 points for a draw

- Reaching Play-off round: No bonus point; 3 points for a win, 1.5 points for a draw

- Reaching 1st K-O round: 3 points; 3 points for a win, 1.5 points for a draw

- Reaching 2nd K-O round: 1 points; 3 points for a win, 1.5 points for a draw

- Reaching Round of 16: 2 points; 3 points for a win, 1.5 points for a draw

- Reaching Quarter Final: 3 points; 3 points for a win, 1.5 points for a draw

- Reaching Semi Final: 5 points; 3 points for a win, 1.5 points for a draw

- Reaching Final: 7 points; 3 points for a win, 1.5 points for a draw

FIFA Champions League and World League.fmf

On 12/02/2022 at 10:12, kaka_acmilan_rossoneri said:

I have some changes in your file:

1. Slot allocation:

Leagues ranked 1-9: 7 spots

Leagues ranked 10-30: 6 spots 

Leagues ranked 31-44: 4 spots 

Leagues ranked 45-73: 3 spots 

Leagues ranked 74 and below: 2 spots

2. Remove all Squad Rules

3. Coefficient points contributions

a. Champions League

- Qualifiers: 1 point for win, 0.5 point for draw

- Reaching Group stage: 4 points; 3 points for a win, 1.5 points for a draw

- Reaching 1st K-O round: 6 points; 4 points for a win, 2 points for a draw

- Reaching 2nd K-O round: 1.5 points; 4 points for a win, 2 points for a draw

- Reaching Round of 16: 3 points; 4 points for a win, 2 points for a draw

- Reaching Quarter Final: 5 points; 4 points for a win, 2 points for a draw

- Reaching Semi Final: 7 points; 4 points for a win, 2 points for a draw

- Reaching Final: 10 points; 4 points for a win, 2 points for a draw

b. World League

- Qualifiers: 0.5 point for win, 0.25 point for draw

- Reaching the WL final qualifying group stage: 1 point; 0.5 point for win, 0.25 point for draw

- Reaching Group stage: 2 points; 2 points for a win, 1 points for a draw

- Reaching Play-off round: No bonus point; 3 points for a win, 1.5 points for a draw

- Reaching 1st K-O round: 3 points; 3 points for a win, 1.5 points for a draw

- Reaching 2nd K-O round: 1 points; 3 points for a win, 1.5 points for a draw

- Reaching Round of 16: 2 points; 3 points for a win, 1.5 points for a draw

- Reaching Quarter Final: 3 points; 3 points for a win, 1.5 points for a draw

- Reaching Semi Final: 5 points; 3 points for a win, 1.5 points for a draw

- Reaching Final: 7 points; 3 points for a win, 1.5 points for a draw

FIFA Champions League and World League.fmf 32.42 kB · 0 downloads

Have you done any testing with your changes?  @kaka_acmilan_rossoneri

Edited by yoshadii

I was doing a iin-editor test with the original file before I do anything or even load it. Ocassionally there seems to be a missing team that popups and gives this error. Sometimes in the FIFA World League, sometimes in the Champions League. It seems random, some years there's no issue. Even if I check, for example in this case, the group stage has all the teams, but somehow for the game it' missing one.

I don' know what can be done to fix it, maybe add a fallback team to appear in this cases? But worth noting this.

image.thumb.png.c09c0fed05a0e7a3a84f93eab2052c31.png

On 22/02/2022 at 20:51, Nahuelzn said:

I was doing a iin-editor test with the original file before I do anything or even load it. Ocassionally there seems to be a missing team that popups and gives this error. Sometimes in the FIFA World League, sometimes in the Champions League. It seems random, some years there's no issue. Even if I check, for example in this case, the group stage has all the teams, but somehow for the game it' missing one.

I don' know what can be done to fix it, maybe add a fallback team to appear in this cases? But worth noting this.

I've seen that error pop up occasionally in the pre-editor tests and have never been able to figure out wwhy. I recall that one of the Fixed/Flexible rules settings on the advanced rules for the relevant competition (FIFA CL or FIFA WL) would stop it from happening but I don't remember which one and it seems to work ingame either way.

Edited by Dallan

On 25/02/2022 at 18:53, Steakk said:

Do you have a timetable for when this will be updated for 22.3? Love the database and would like to start another save with the updated database. Thank you!

I'm hoping to have it done this weekend: it doesn't need much more than a load and resave but there are some bug fixes I want to test.

• Dallan changed the title to [FM22] Worldwide Champions League (22.3 UPDATE 28 February)

For some reason it seems that a lot of awards go missing when I use this file. None of the awards from the Asian and African continent appear, and there are others missing too. I think I have isolated the problem to this file. Anyone else come across this problem? Any clues as to why this happens?

6 hours ago, Morgan Kane said:

For some reason it seems that a lot of awards go missing when I use this file. None of the awards from the Asian and African continent appear, and there are others missing too. I think I have isolated the problem to this file. Anyone else come across this problem? Any clues as to why this happens?

For some reason, continental awards in particular appear to depend on the presence of continent-level club competitions for that continent in particular. Most such competitions in the game are part of the continental CL structure that this file replaces, so the awards no longer appear. Europe (the Czech-Slovakia super cup) and North America (the various US-Mexico club cups and, ironically, the Canadian domestic cup) still have continental competitions assigned to them with this file active, so their awards still appear.

This used to be in Known Issues but I lost track of it a couple of years back.

If you're using custom leagues with your mod, will the league reputation be dynamic?

Ps! These leagues are located on different continents

Ps2! I have assigned coefficient points to the different rounds of the cups 

Edited by Morgan Kane

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/03/2022 at 09:44, Morgan Kane said:

If you're using custom leagues with your mod, will the league reputation be dynamic?

Ps! These leagues are located on different continents

Ps2! I have assigned coefficient points to the different rounds of the cups 

I'm not sure whether league reputations will be dynamic, even though coefficients are now. All I can say is try it and see?

I do plan an update for 22.4, hopefully this week but I have been busy with RL lately. 

• Dallan changed the title to [FM22] Worldwide Champions League (22.4 UPDATE 9 April)

Updated for 22.4, file is in the OP. The editor still makes working in Canada annoying so my side patch for the Canadian MLS bug will be a while longer while I consult with some other editors, but if you don't care about that feel free to start!

Of note: my tests indicate that Russian teams are still included in these tournaments, despite the changes in 22.4. I am fine with this and will not be trying to change it.

Edited by Dallan

• 3 weeks later...

Query / question / idea

Do you know how this competition affects club finances, with regards to travel etc.? I seem to recall from other similar databases that clubs can fall into problems due to all of the long distance travel

There are, however, advanced rules which gift money per 100km travelled to games - might be worth chucking a figure in here just in case ..

(If it's a problem .. not sure if it is, just a thought I had earlier whilst testing this out)

image.png.cb46860f2fc778e7074e77697318ac99.png

2 hours ago, Rob 396 said:

Query / question / idea

Do you know how this competition affects club finances, with regards to travel etc.? I seem to recall from other similar databases that clubs can fall into problems due to all of the long distance travel

There are, however, advanced rules which gift money per 100km travelled to games - might be worth chucking a figure in here just in case ..

(If it's a problem .. not sure if it is, just a thought I had earlier whilst testing this out)

The qualifying rounds have regional limits (ie, you can't be drawn against teams more than X km away, where X increases as rounds go on, though I'm sure the game will break that if it has no other choice), and the group stage amount is big enough (even in the WL) that teams should still come out ahead even with the travel (it's only 3 away matchdays, after all). Thanks for pointing out that editor section, though - if it does present a problem then that's definitely an option.

On 23/02/2022 at 08:51, Nahuelzn said:

image.thumb.png.c09c0fed05a0e7a3a84f93eab2052c31.png

I found the problem come form Liechtenstein. When Liechtenstein have more than 2 slots, FM cannot find the 3rd seeds because this nation only have Liechtenstein Cup without Third-place match. If you remove Liechtenstein from nation list and relocate nation's slot, the game will not crash

On 30/04/2022 at 11:30, kaka_acmilan_rossoneri said:

I found the problem come form Liechtenstein. When Liechtenstein have more than 2 slots, FM cannot find the 3rd seeds because this nation only have Liechtenstein Cup without Third-place match. If you remove Liechtenstein from nation list and relocate nation's slot, the game will not crash

That's a really clever spot, thank you. I don't know if it crashes the game outside the editor test (rather than the game just trying to find a fallback qualifier somewhere) but I can see how it could, and I'm not sure there's a fix for it besides simply removing Liechtenstein (which I'd ideally not do) or adding another compatibility patch to edit its nation rules to play along. I'll investigate.

Speaking of which!

I've finished creating and testing the compatibility patches for the Canada bug reported upthread (Canadian MLS teams not qualifying for this tournament), with much thanks to @yellowsweatygorillafor his advice and permission to use his excellent Canada megapatch as a base.

There are two versions of the compatibility patch, choose only one:

• the Mini version just includes the basic Canada nation rules as in vanilla: the Canadian Premier League, and the Canadian Championship rebuilt as a domestic cup. 
  • the Mega version is an edit of the Canadian Megapatch for compatibility with the Worldwide CL, for those of you (like me, though I use some additional personal edits) who want to use both: it includes all of that patch's additional Canadian division levels, rules and DB edits, and rebuilds all of that patch's additions to the Canadian Championship as a domestic cup. It does not include that patch's changes to the Leagues Cup format - however, if you want those, you should be able to use only the Continental file included with Yellow's download, and then (I think but have not confirmed) my changes to everything else should overwrite his.

In both versions, Canadian-based teams qualify for the WCL in this order:

1. The Canadian Championship winner
  2. The CPL playoff final winner
  3. The CPL regular season table winner
  4. The Canadian Championship runner up
  5. The CPL playoff final runner up

Any remaining spots are filled in order based on the CPL regular season table. In the Mega version, if a Canadian team wins the Leagues Cup, they qualify in Canada's top spot and remaining teams are pushed down one spot.

Please keep me posted of any issues and otherwise have fun!

WCL Canada Compatibility Mega.fmf WCL Canada Compatibility Mini.fmf

18 hours ago, Dallan said:

That's a really clever spot, thank you. I don't know if it crashes the game outside the editor test (rather than the game just trying to find a fallback qualifier somewhere) but I can see how it could, and I'm not sure there's a fix for it besides simply removing Liechtenstein (which I'd ideally not do) or adding another compatibility patch to edit its nation rules to play along. I'll investigate.

Speaking of which!

I've finished creating and testing the compatibility patches for the Canada bug reported upthread (Canadian MLS teams not qualifying for this tournament), with much thanks to @yellowsweatygorillafor his advice and permission to use his excellent Canada megapatch as a base.

There are two versions of the compatibility patch, choose only one:

• the Mini version just includes the basic Canada nation rules as in vanilla: the Canadian Premier League, and the Canadian Championship rebuilt as a domestic cup. 
  • the Mega version is an edit of the Canadian Megapatch for compatibility with the Worldwide CL, for those of you (like me, though I use some additional personal edits) who want to use both: it includes all of that patch's additional Canadian division levels, rules and DB edits, and rebuilds all of that patch's additions to the Canadian Championship as a domestic cup. It does not include that patch's changes to the Leagues Cup format - however, if you want those, you should be able to use only the Continental file included with Yellow's download, and then (I think but have not confirmed) my changes to everything else should overwrite his.

In both versions, Canadian-based teams qualify for the WCL in this order:

1. The Canadian Championship winner
  2. The CPL playoff final winner
  3. The CPL regular season table winner
  4. The Canadian Championship runner up
  5. The CPL playoff final runner up

Any remaining spots are filled in order based on the CPL regular season table. In the Mega version, if a Canadian team wins the Leagues Cup, they qualify in Canada's top spot and remaining teams are pushed down one spot.

Please keep me posted of any issues and otherwise have fun!

WCL Canada Compatibility Mega.fmf 165.9 kB · 1 download WCL Canada Compatibility Mini.fmf 21.24 kB · 1 download

I just simulate 10 years in 5 different save and find out 1 problem. Around 2026, 1 team will play both Champions League and Word League group stage. I assume that when Liechtenstein has more than 2 spots (Vaduz plays really well in previous years) =>  FM can't find the 3rd team of Liechtenstein => the game will choose randomly between 32 teams which has a direct spot to Champions League Group Stage to play in World League Group Stage

To fix this, I think we can get Vaduz is the only Liechtenstein's representative team or just remove Liechtenstein on the list.

Moreover, could you change the schedule a little bit? I really want the final phase of World League qualification has 2-legged match rather than 1-legged match.

About Canada, if CF Montréal, Toronto FC or Vancouver Whitecaps FC won MLS and Canadian Championship, they will represented MLS or Canandian Championship. Could this break the game?

Edited by kaka_acmilan_rossoneri

2 hours ago, kaka_acmilan_rossoneri said:

I just simulate 10 years in 5 different save and find out 1 problem. Around 2026, 1 team will play both Champions League and Word League group stage. I assume that when Liechtenstein has more than 2 spots (Vaduz plays really well in previous years) =>  FM can't find the 3rd team of Liechtenstein => the game will choose randomly between 32 teams which has a direct spot to Champions League Group Stage to play in World League Group Stage

To fix this, I think we can get Vaduz is the only Liechtenstein's representative team or just remove Liechtenstein on the list.

Because of the ways and places at which the competitions pick teams, I don't think that's quite how it would happen but I will look into why it is happening.

Moreover, could you change the schedule a little bit? I really want the final phase of World League qualification has 2-legged match rather than 1-legged match.

The problem is that there is literally no time unless one leg was played during the international break, every other midweek is spoken for.

About Canada, if CF Montréal, Toronto FC or Vancouver Whitecaps FC won MLS and Canadian Championship, they will represented MLS or Canandian Championship. Could this break the game?

Canadian MLS teams cannot qualify for continental tournaments (in reality or in this edit) by winning the MLS and I have not changed this, so that should be fine.

Edited by Dallan

Beacause 3 Canadian teams in MLS is much stronger than in domestic league. Therefore, I think you can change the order Canadian-based teams qualify for the WCL:

The Canadian Championship winner

The Canadian Championship runner up

The CPL playoff final winner

The CPL regular season table winner

The CPL playoff final runner úp

About World League qualification, you can change the first and second qualification round from 2 legged to 1 legged so you can have more time for final qualfication round. It really weird that the final round have only 1 legged

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 20/10/2022 at 19:04, guku said:

will you be making this for FM23?

If I buy FM23, yes, but they seem to have raised the price and I missed the preorder discount so that may not be for some time.

Apparently it's on Game Pass (which I subscribe to), so if I can use the pregame editor there, then also yes.

On 21/10/2022 at 21:30, kayyuenchinup said:

@DallanI open a new save on FM 22 22.4, start in July and have new transfers joining the team, when come to first and second round of qualifying, it says they are not registered and cannot play.

These are the CL qualifying rounds, yes, not the WL rounds? The squad rules shouldn't even be active then, but I'll take a look.

On 08/11/2022 at 11:28, Dallan said:

If I buy FM23, yes, but they seem to have raised the price and I missed the preorder discount so that may not be for some time.

Apparently it's on Game Pass (which I subscribe to), so if I can use the pregame editor there, then also yes.

These are the CL qualifying rounds, yes, not the WL rounds? The squad rules shouldn't even be active then, but I'll take a look.

I believe you can use the pregame editor on the gamepass version. I am waiting for this to start my fm23 save. I cannot play without it anymore haha

On 08/11/2022 at 18:30, kayyuenchinup said:

@Dallanyes the CL qualifying rounds 1 and 2.  I tried to use the FMTRE to edit squad registration, still cannot play.  

Thank you very much

Do you have a Dropbox or somewhere you could upload the save? I THINK I've been able to replicate this issue  - starting with an HK team in July, signing a player, but I'd like to be sure what I'm seeing and what you're seeing are the same. Is the message you're getting "<Player> cannot be registered"? 

One potential Thing: it is possible to select 23 players for WCL/WL matches (starting 11, 12 subs) but, if you don't have enough homegrowns available and have to leave registration slots empty, you may not be able to register 23 players, so the auto registration that takes place during qualifying will fail. Have you tried removing some substitutes and, if you replace them, replacing them with U21 players (since they do not need to be registered)?

On 13/11/2022 at 09:08, guku said:

I believe you can use the pregame editor on the gamepass version. I am waiting for this to start my fm23 save. I cannot play without it anymore haha

Yes, I've got the editor working and the update is almost done, it just needs some finishing touches and testing and then I'll upload it here. I can't play FM without it anymore either!

Edited by Dallan

20 小时前, Dallan说:

Do you have a Dropbox or somewhere you could upload the save? I THINK I've been able to replicate this issue  - starting with an HK team in July, signing a player, but I'd like to be sure what I'm seeing and what you're seeing are the same. Is the message you're getting "<Player> cannot be registered"? 

One potential Thing: it is possible to select 23 players for WCL/WL matches (starting 11, 12 subs) but, if you don't have enough homegrowns available and have to leave registration slots empty, you may not be able to register 23 players, so the auto registration that takes place during qualifying will fail. Have you tried removing some substitutes and, if you replace them, replacing them with U21 players (since they do not need to be registered)?

Yes, I've got the editor working and the update is almost done, it just needs some finishing touches and testing and then I'll upload it here. I can't play FM without it anymore either!

@DallanThank you for your feedback. 

I picked too many foreign players,

I am now be able to pick the players to play now.  

Also , do you know how many home grown players are required?

Edited by kayyuenchinup

On 14/11/2022 at 20:41, kayyuenchinup said:

@DallanThank you for your feedback. 

I picked too many foreign players,

I am now be able to pick the players to play now.  

Also , do you know how many home grown players are required?

Same rules as the UEFA CL - 4 homegrown from the club, 4 homegrown from the nation, and if you can't fill either of those quotas you have to leave that number of slots empty (so it is theoretically possible to only have 17 usable squad slots).