[FM22] Canadian Megapatch (w/ proper 2024 CCL format)

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, torsportsfan said:

Awesome. Looking forward to this! If we don't load L1O/PLSQ/AMSL (for speed reasons), how will the non-Academy CPL clubs fare? Would you recommend that we readd an academy to them in that case?

Thanks

Probably not ideal as you won't have many youth players to use. You could still pouch from the MLS academies, and there will be 1-2 newgens in the lower leagues. You could always tweak it so that non-academy CPL clubs start generating youth again.

1 hour ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Probably not ideal as you won't have many youth players to use. You could still pouch from the MLS academies, and there will be 1-2 newgens in the lower leagues. You could always tweak it so that non-academy CPL clubs start generating youth again.

So let me see if I understand this correctly. Teams like Valour wont have a youth intake, whereas teams like Cavalry will? And, do the developmental contracted players count towards the 23 man roster?

Edited by EnigMattic1

33 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

So let me see if I understand this correctly. Teams like Valour wont have a youth intake, whereas teams like Cavalry will? And, do the developmental contracted players count towards the 23 man roster?

1. Youth intake - correct. Though technically, FCE has phased out their academy so I should've disabled their's too.

2. I made an error with this earlier, but an hour ago reuploaded the file with this fixed. Developmental (youth contract in the game) contract players do not need to be registered in the roster and can play six matches before being ineligible (at which point you either sit them out or offer them a full contract.

2 hours ago, asapas said:

The pack's graphics replaced Hans Flick's face with an icon from SPN media. It seems that they have the same ID??? ( 2002042238). 
Now I tried to remove it, but Hans Flick's face still remain like he is a media (SPN) 

It's always tricky mixing and matching different database files. I would suggest adding a couple zeros at the start of the name of my file so it loads first. That would fix it

10 minutes ago, anitamui said:

does the mod have the central American cup and Caribbean cup from 2024?

As concacaf has not yet announced the format of those competitions I have decided to just draw from the teams that the game has set as qualified. I will certainly add those cups when more detail is provided

11 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

1. Youth intake - correct. Though technically, FCE has phased out their academy so I should've disabled their's too.

2. I made an error with this earlier, but an hour ago reuploaded the file with this fixed. Developmental (youth contract in the game) contract players do not need to be registered in the roster and can play six matches before being ineligible (at which point you either sit them out or offer them a full contract.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. 

8 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

It's always tricky mixing and matching different database files. I would suggest adding a couple zeros at the start of the name of my file so it loads first. That would fix it

Thank you for your advice. The thing is that FLick disappears, when I enable your files. I have already download a file from steam named FLICK COMEBACK to make him appear in vanilla game, or with some other files loaded, but even with this activated, when I put your files (or Ajax staff update workshop file, or the Japanese leagues from this site), he disappears again! Hilarious!! 

46 minutes ago, asapas said:

Thank you for your advice. The thing is that FLick disappears, when I enable your files. I have already download a file from steam named FLICK COMEBACK to make him appear in vanilla game, or with some other files loaded, but even with this activated, when I put your files (or Ajax staff update workshop file, or the Japanese leagues from this site), he disappears again! Hilarious!! 

From what I have heard, if a file that includes Flick is used alongside any other file that adds players/staff, Flick won't appear. 

A round of applause for getting the Concacaf CL running properly :applause: It is damn difficult competition, no matter what you do with it.

For the best team playing at home, maybe check the draw rules for options?

Couple of questions, 3 on topic, 2 semi on topic. 

1. Will you be updating this file when more details of L1BC are announced? 
  2. Will you be accommodating for the upcoming Vancouver-based CPL expansion side (going on the assumption that Saskatoon is still no further along)? 
  3. Requested an affiliate club for Valour. 5 possible affiliates. 3 teams from the Manitoba MSL and 2 from Manitoba Colleges. Is it right that I have to pay a college almost 3 times the amount that I would have to pay a team from the Manitoba MSL
  4. Who do you, personally, consider to be prospects worth keeping an eye on, be it from the CPL or outside? I know there have been a few U-Sports players that have been selected for previous drafts that have made some noise (Baikas, Cunningham, Kaiser (Marcus?) and Waters), but they aren't in game. 
  5. Are there any plans for further logos?

Apologies for all the questions.

Edited by EnigMattic1

10 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Couple of questions, 3 on topic, 2 semi on topic. 

1. Will you be updating this file when more details of L1BC are announced? 
  2. Will you be accommodating for the upcoming Vancouver-based CPL expansion side (going on the assumption that Saskatoon is still no further along)? 
  3. Requested an affiliate club for Valour. 5 possible affiliates. 3 teams from the Manitoba MSL and 2 from Manitoba Colleges. Is it right that I have to pay a college almost 3 times the amount that I would have to pay a team from the Manitoba MSL
  4. Who do you, personally, consider to be prospects worth keeping an eye on, be it from the CPL or outside? I know there have been a few U-Sports players that have been selected for previous drafts that have made some noise (Baikas, Cunningham, Kaiser (Marcus?) and Waters), but they aren't in game. 
  5. Are there any plans for further logos?

Apologies for all the questions.

1. Yes

2. Debating this right now - since I am reluctant to implement something that will rely on so much speculation. If I did add Vancouver, will likely add Saskatoon too (despite it really being up in the air right now), since a 10 team format would be more logicial.
3. I have no clue. I am going to assume it has something to do with the 'reputation' of the affiliated club?
4. I am not sure if you mean prospects that have yet to make a stamp on CPL or star CPL players that could go elsewhere. if the latter, definitely Abzi, Farsi, Ferrari (and of course Bustos).
5. I don't think I have time to do logos for university teams if that's hwat you're asking. In previous years I did face pack for all the lower league players too, but when I noticed sortitoutsi's facepack included those players. I decided not to be redundant.

23 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

A round of applause for getting the Concacaf CL running properly :applause: It is damn difficult competition, no matter what you do with it.

For the best team playing at home, maybe check the draw rules for options?

Well, I could potentially create a separate stage with a league table that measures tournament performance. But will have to experiment to see how to have those standings be used to calculate seeding (and reseed the final).

13 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

1. Yes

2. Debating this right now - since I am reluctant to implement something that will rely on so much speculation. If I did add Vancouver, will likely add Saskatoon too (despite it really being up in the air right now), since a 10 team format would be more logicial.
3. I have no clue. I am going to assume it has something to do with the 'reputation' of the affiliated club?
4. I am not sure if you mean prospects that have yet to make a stamp on CPL or star CPL players that could go elsewhere. if the latter, definitely Abzi, Farsi, Ferrari (and of course Bustos).
5. I don't think I have time to do logos for university teams if that's hwat you're asking. In previous years I did face pack for all the lower league players too, but when I noticed sortitoutsi's facepack included those players. I decided not to be redundant.

2. Yeah, 10 would be more logical but, as you said, speculation with regards to Vancouver and Saskatoon being up in the air. 

4. I was thinking yet to make a stamp on the CPL. I think Akio could be a solid player in the future (not saying that because I'm bias towards Valour though.) 

5. I was actually thinking the college teams. I actually still have a logo pack for U-sports teams from an older file. 

7 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

2. Yeah, 10 would be more logical but, as you said, speculation with regards to Vancouver and Saskatoon being up in the air. 

4. I was thinking yet to make a stamp on the CPL. I think Akio could be a solid player in the future (not saying that because I'm bias towards Valour though.) 

5. I was actually thinking the college teams. I actually still have a logo pack for U-sports teams from an older file. 

U talking about USA college teams?

4 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

U talking about USA college teams?

No. Manitoba colleges, Manitoba MSL and Nova Scotia Soccer League. I'm gonna do a bit of research, see if I can find them and get them cut. 

Edited by EnigMattic1

Been doing a bit of experimenting and, after holidaying until December 2022, I noticed that the U-Sports teams never received a youth intake. AMSL, L1O and PLSQ had their intake in either August or September, but there hasn't been anything below that in either U-Sports, MMSL, MCAC or lower league.

16 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Been doing a bit of experimenting and, after holidaying until December 2022, I noticed that the U-Sports teams never received a youth intake. AMSL, L1O and PLSQ had their intake in either August or September, but there hasn't been anything below that in either U-Sports, MMSL, MCAC or lower league.

Probably because I never set up any rules for them. I don't intend to make these leagues playable (and technically IRL, most university players would also play in L1O/PLSQ/AMSL). If there is a way to have youth intake without make the division playable, I'd be happy to do it.

56 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Probably because I never set up any rules for them. I don't intend to make these leagues playable (and technically IRL, most university players would also play in L1O/PLSQ/AMSL). If there is a way to have youth intake without make the division playable, I'd be happy to do it.

That could explain it then. It would also explain why the youth intake in the States goes into the seniors instead of the academy. 

Out of curiosity, how hard would it be to make the leagues playable? I'm not asking you to do it but, if it isn't going to be too difficult, I will do it myself as there is something that I would like to test out.

Edited by EnigMattic1

3 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

That could explain it then. It would also explain why the youth intake in the States goes into the seniors instead of the academy. 

Out of curiosity, how hard would it be to make the leagues playable? I'm not asking you to do it but, if it isn't going to be too difficult, I will do it myself as there is something that I would like to test out.

Depending on how in-depth u really want it maybe like 5-6 mins if u just want just regular season games.. if u want playoffs etc maybe 20-30 mins

Edited by Fmfan00

2 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

Depending on how in-depth u really want it maybe like 5-6 mins if u just want just regular season games.. if u want playoffs etc maybe 20-30 mins

I don't think it matters. I've been trying to get a draft to work but, as the U-sports teams weren't generating players, I tried it with L1O and the best I can do is get it to recognise the draft allocations. I can't actually make the draft happen. 

On 15/11/2021 at 19:36, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Well, I could potentially create a separate stage with a league table that measures tournament performance. But will have to experiment to see how to have those standings be used to calculate seeding (and reseed the final).

Add it as a hidden stage and seed accordingly. Never tried it out, but it does look like an option.

6 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I don't think it matters. I've been trying to get a draft to work but, as the U-sports teams weren't generating players, I tried it with L1O and the best I can do is get it to recognise the draft allocations. I can't actually make the draft happen. 

That u sports team u just have to go in the stadium section and up the youth stuff there to generate youth intakes for them… that’s if u just want those teams to have youth intake not draft..

Edited by Fmfan00

34 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

You might be quick, it takes me the whole day for advanced rules. There's a lot of intricacies and testing involved to get things like continental qualification, uneven scheduling, multiple stage rankings working.

10 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

You might be quick, it takes me the whole day for advanced rules. There's a lot of intricacies and testing involved to get things like continental qualification, uneven scheduling, multiple stage rankings working.

And when you take into account the split leagues and playoffs. I wouldn't even know where to start with the playoffs. I struggle with leagues that have an odd number of teams. 

I don't think I can get the draft working anyway. 

Edited by EnigMattic1

9 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

yah thats why i said all depends on how depth you want to make it with playoffs or not

2 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

17.11.2021 Update:
-Port City FC (Vancouver) and Bridge City FC (Saskatoon) join the league in 2023
-CCL final home stadium now dictated by tournament performance
-Canadian Championship expanded to 16 teams in 2023 with the inclusion of L1BC champions

image.png.55deeff2841612508c83d307f9216234.png

Interesting. Is it definitely Port City and Bridge City? Or is that your choices for realism? 

5 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Interesting. Is it definitely Port City and Bridge City? Or is that your choices for realism? 

The league re-registered their Port City trademark a month before the Vancouver announcement and that was the team initially announced as the BC team in 2017 (before the group moved to Victoria after stadia difficulties).

Bridge City FC is just named after the Saskatoon supporters group (Bridge City Firm) and nick name for Saskatoon. It's probably very optimistic they come in in 2023, but just put them there for easier even team scheduling.

19 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

The league re-registered their Port City trademark a month before the Vancouver announcement and that was the team initially announced as the BC team in 2017 (before the group moved to Victoria after stadia difficulties).

Bridge City FC is just named after the Saskatoon supporters group (Bridge City Firm) and nick name for Saskatoon. It's probably very optimistic they come in in 2023, but just put them there for easier even team scheduling.

Makes sense. I need to find someone to knock together some kits and logos now :lol:

Here's an interesting one. If I click on Mid Isle Mariners, it takes me straight to their squad page (which actually comes under Players-C Team). If I then go to their profile page (Overview-Profile), it sends me to the profile page of Victoria Highlanders Reserves.

However, as they come under "C Team", should I try and switch to "B" or "Senior", it takes me to Victoria Highlanders Reserves. They have different UID's and are not affiliated. Is this normal?

1 hour ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Here's an interesting one. If I click on Mid Isle Mariners, it takes me straight to their squad page (which actually comes under Players-C Team). If I then go to their profile page (Overview-Profile), it sends me to the profile page of Victoria Highlanders Reserves.

However, as they come under "C Team", should I try and switch to "B" or "Senior", it takes me to Victoria Highlanders Reserves. They have different UID's and are not affiliated. Is this normal?

hmm.. not sure.

Not sure if its a bug or something but only the mexican teams show they've won the CCL or leagues cup in their honours list, the MLS teams dont show the CCL or the Leagues cup and the canadian teams don't show the CCL or Canadian Champ.

image.thumb.png.99c51803838dfefe41688e0aa23fe39e.png      

13 hours ago, J-Hood said:

Not sure if its a bug or something but only the mexican teams show they've won the CCL or leagues cup in their honours list, the MLS teams dont show the CCL or the Leagues cup and the canadian teams don't show the CCL or Canadian Champ.

Unfortunately that's an issue with the base game code. The history is there but you juts have to select it under the tabs:
image.png.133ac9da9e686cb00ab4cc18160c548e.png

• 2 weeks later...