[FM22] Help - 433DM - Create, develop and maintain a tactic

Hello from Portugal my fellow FManagers.

Early days in this year version of our beloved game but i've come here to aks your help to, as the title says, create, develop and maintain a tactic.

My goal here is to create a tactic, not plug&play, but a tactic to become like a foundation/base to work with whatever team I am training, to serve as a base and to be something "universal" and then will be made minor adjustments according to team and players

Kinda like the presets that are in the game.

spacer.png

The formation that i want to use is the good old 433DM/4123/4141DM.

I intend to dominate the game, but I don't want to have possession of the ball just for having it. I want possession but a "positive" possession. And if we lose the ball i want that my team gain it back quickly.

What i looking for each player is:

GK - comfortable with the ball

CD's - both off them must be comfortable with the ball

RB/LB - One more "attacking" that the other. Both must help the attack but one of them must be able to cover the space that one of the AM gonna leave empty.

DM - The team's main shield, but also the team's first playmaker.

CM's - One must be the heart of the team. Helps the defense and the attack. The other must be more more attacking, the "needle" player of the team.

AMR/AML - Both false wingers but one of them must act like an "second striker"

ST - Primary goalscorer, but helps the build up play.

Oi's? Do you advise to use?

spacer.png

Edited by PequenoGenio

• PequenoGenio changed the title to [FM22] Help - 433DM - Create, develop and maintain a tactic

I'm going to be annoying and not make suggestions, but instead look to try and get you to make the tactic yourself.

If you were a real-life manager, what would you be known for? 

• Why would fans be excited to have PequenoGenio linked with the vacant job? 
    • Are you attacking?
    • Or pragmatic?
    • Someone who focuses on style over substance?
    • A tactician, who makes changes weekly?
    • Are you a wheeler-dealer?  Or Prioritise bringing through youth players?
    • etc...
  • Which attributes do you prioritise when assessing your squad?
    • Pace/Acceleration?
    • Technique?
    • Work Rate/Stamina?
    • etc...
  • What is the most important position on the pitch to you?

8 minutos atrás, GIMN disse:

I'm going to be annoying and not make suggestions, but instead look to try and get you to make the tactic yourself.

If you were a real-life manager, what would you be known for? 

• Why would fans be excited to have PequenoGenio linked with the vacant job? 
    • Are you attacking?
    • Or pragmatic?
    • Someone who focuses on style over substance?
    • A tactician, who makes changes weekly?
    • Are you a wheeler-dealer?  Or Prioritise bringing through youth players?
    • etc...
  • Which attributes do you prioritise when assessing your squad?
    • Pace/Acceleration?
    • Technique?
    • Work Rate/Stamina?
    • etc...
  • What is the most important position on the pitch to you?

Attacking/Control type of manager.

Make small but important changes/tweaks. A youth developer.

@PequenoGenio Last year my health wasn't great (still isn't) so I couldn't deal with the brainwork required to fully build a tactic so I googled "fm21 effective 433 tactics" to give me a head start, watch a few minutes of a few videos and ended up with a great tactic, it was, with the right players probably overpowered, but the way it played out in matches was nice to watch and basically what I have been trying to build myself for years, it has translated in FM22 ok, though when full release am going to tweak it. I know a lot of the videos are annoying but if you are struggling it may be worth watching to see if something is close to what you are looking for, if it's close you can then tweak it or build a team on it.

The tactic that suited me "rdf magical front three" had 2 versions one with 2 playmakers one with AP+B2B, the one with the B2B suits my preference, it works well as favourite and underdog, it's not a perfect tactic if the opposition play high up the pitch, and same as most formations with mid range teams maybe 1 or 2 big defeats in a season, but if gave me different ideas/ways to implement tactics.

image.png.2c3bbd0e79150b77cf434324e597b0d3.png

Whats missing is the PIs that make the formation click, basically lots of tighter marking and few tackle harders, but if you have FM21 you can still d/l it and get those. It sort of fits your 2-3-2-3 above.

• 1 month later...
On 02/11/2021 at 12:48, PequenoGenio said:

This gonna be my base:

spacer.png

lots of roaming in the front in order to the players always have someone to pass the ball rather then just run with it.

My CM is a hybrid player that i can customise duribg the game, that's why i like the CM (s) role.

spacer.png

How’s this going? Any PI’s? Looking for a good 433 myself😄

19 horas atrás, Skywalk3r83 disse:

How’s this going? Any PI’s? Looking for a good 433 myself😄

It becomes something similar to this:

https://dictatethegame.com/how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-love-4-3-3/

https://dictatethegame.com/4-3-3-role-guide-the-back-four/

https://dictatethegame.com/433-role-guide-attack-and-midfield/

And i like what i see on the pitch.

Thank you @crusadertsar for your guides.

3 hours ago, PequenoGenio said:

Thanks! Will give it a read! Plugged in your tactic with the only exception that I use a BBM instead of a CM. Won all four matches, including a 9-0😆👏🏻

On 02/11/2021 at 11:48, PequenoGenio said:

This gonna be my base:

spacer.png

lots of roaming in the front in order to the players always have someone to pass the ball rather then just run with it.

My CM is a hybrid player that i can customise duribg the game, that's why i like the CM (s) role.

spacer.png

Any play instructions with the tactic? Looks amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

Something like this works for me. I've seen something similar to this here, but thought I'd contribute too.

Keep in mind that the roles alternate depending on the opponent. This one is takes a more agressive form, designed to dominate the half spaces and protect the ball.

For PI:

Both IWs - Close Down Much More, Stay Narrower, Roam from Position (depends on situation)

MEZs - Close Down Much More, Move into Channels, Dribble Wide

BBMs - Close Down Much More, Move into Channels, Dribble Wide

WBs - Close Down Much More, Stay Wider

DLPd - Close Down Much Less (need him to protect the back 4 off the ball)

Key here is what the team does off the ball rather than on the ball. We strech the pitch when we have the ball, make the pitch small when we don't have the ball.

Because in my TI I force the opposition outside, Counter Press + playing a Much Higher Defensive Line & Higher LoE, I manage to keep my team compact off the ball, isolating players using the help of the perimeter of the pitch. Pressing More Often helps me with that. Offside Trap ticked means that we can somewhat reduce the weaknesses of playing an extremely high line. Keeping ourselves narrow means that it is harder for the opposition to play through us once they are forced to the outside. We force the opposition to play passes with extreme risk as a result.

The PIs essentially go hand in hand with my off the ball instructions, telling my players to instantly close down the space and the passing lanes infield once the opposition with the ball reaches the wide areas.

TI here can also vary depending on what kind of football you want to play.

Essentially, the formation is designed to overload the half-space in order for either the central and wide areas to open up.

I play à-la Wenger 2006-2008, where Fabregas appeared to be a God as an 8. Or perhaps like Zdenek Zeman. Hence, regarding Passing Length, I usually set it to standard but Higher Tempo, meaning the team has a choice to play safe or to risk, but these passes often need to be progressive and up the pitch. Players in general need good mental atributes for this i.e. Teamwork, Decisions, Vision, Positioning, Off the Ball.

Both IWs and the two no.8s combine in the half spaces, while the CFa seeks out space available either out wide or in the middle depending on the position and movement of the wingers and two central midfielders. Wingbacks overlap, leaving 3 in defence: the DLP and the two CBs.

Screenshot_20211220-132925_Chrome.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 28/12/2021 at 23:21, haier_fm said:

Something like this works for me. I've seen something similar to this here, but thought I'd contribute too.

Keep in mind that the roles alternate depending on the opponent. This one is takes a more agressive form, designed to dominate the half spaces and protect the ball.

For PI:

Both IWs - Close Down Much More, Stay Narrower, Roam from Position (depends on situation)

Key here is what the team does off the ball rather than on the ball. We strech the pitch when we have the ball, make the pitch small when we don't have the ball.

Because in my TI I force the opposition outside, Counter Press + playing a Much Higher Defensive Line & Higher LoE, I manage to keep my team compact off the ball, isolating players using the help of the perimeter of the pitch. Pressing More Often helps me with that. Offside Trap ticked means that we can somewhat reduce the weaknesses of playing an extremely high line. Keeping ourselves narrow means that it is harder for the opposition to play through us once they are forced to the outside. We force the opposition to play passes with extreme risk as a result.

The PIs essentially go hand in hand with my off the ball instructions, telling my players to instantly close down the space and the passing lanes infield once the opposition with the ball reaches the wide areas.

Essentially, the formation is designed to overload the half-space in order for either the central and wide areas to open up.

I play à-la Wenger 2006-2008, where Fabregas appeared to be a God as an 8. Or perhaps like Zdenek Zeman. Hence, regarding Passing Length, I usually set it to standard but Higher Tempo, meaning the team has a choice to play safe or to risk, but these passes often need to be progressive and up the pitch. Players in general need good mental atributes for this i.e. Teamwork, Decisions, Vision, Positioning, Off the Ball.

Both IWs and the two no.8s combine in the half spaces, while the CFa seeks out space available either out wide or in the middle depending on the position and movement of the wingers and two central midfielders. Wingbacks overlap, leaving 3 in defence: the DLP and the two CBs.

Missed this one, looks good! How would you setup the TI for a top table team? I’m playing with Ajax. 

For a top table team, you will eventually encounter parked buses quite often. For a club like Montpellier, this shouldn't be an issue as usually teams underestimate you. I have actually removed the sit narrower instruction for the IWs, seemed to work like a charm. 

However, for Ajax it would be a different story. 

I would definitely do down the route of telling both of your Inverted Wingers to sit narrower (although this has not been tested with the recent patch, where apparently the IW already sits narrower than pre-patch). The aim is to overload the centre, which allows free space for your fullbacks to run into down the wings. Bear in mind that Mazraoui and Tagliafico need to have good off the ball, decisions and crossing stats in order to make them effective in that space. 

I would also revert the WB to the FB role, makes my defence seem more secure that way, especially if the opposition likes to counter. I prefer to stagger their mentalities now, one is on Attack duty, while the other is on Supprt duty. Telling the Fullbacks to stay wider would be the priority here, as I usually set my team instructions to play normal width. Creates natural width without the need to look for the overlap, as the players should be able to do it by themselves anyway. 

Edited by haier_fm

33 minutes ago, haier_fm said:

For a top table team, you will eventually encounter parked buses quite often. For a club like Montpellier, this shouldn't be an issue as usually teams underestimate you. I have actually removed the sit narrower instruction for the IWs, seemed to work like a charm. 

However, for Ajax it would be a different story. 

I would definitely do down the route of telling both of your Inverted Wingers to sit narrower (although this has not been tested with the recent patch, where apparently the IW already sits narrower than pre-patch). The aim is to overload the centre, which allows free space for your fullbacks to run into down the wings. Bear in mind that Mazraoui and Tagliafico need to have good off the ball, decisions and crossing stats in order to make them effective in that space. 

I would also revert the WB to the FB role, makes my defence seem more secure that way, especially if the opposition likes to counter. I prefer to stagger their mentalities now, one is on Attack duty, while the other is on Supprt duty. Telling the Fullbacks to stay wider would be the priority here, as I usually set my team instructions to play normal width. Creates natural width without the need to look for the overlap, as the players should be able to do it by themselves anyway. 

Thanks. Will give it a go👍🏻

On 29/12/2021 at 09:21, haier_fm said:

For PI:

Hey mate,

Love this setup. I've set this up on one of my saves... a couple of questions:

What setup do you have with the mentality,  attacking width? Do you use any extra TI's like dribble less or work ball into box?

On 15/03/2022 at 00:27, juan6one said:

Hey mate,

Love this setup. I've set this up on one of my saves... a couple of questions:

What setup do you have with the mentality,  attacking width? Do you use any extra TI's like dribble less or work ball into box?

Depends on the opposition mostly, but I tend to fluctuate between wide and normal TI. This effectively goes hand in hand with the mentality (i.e. Positive + Wide or Attacking + Normal). Work Ball into Box slows down the tempo of the team and the overall level of the squad. The lower down you go, the more it is recommended to tick WBIB, purely because I do not like seeing my Winger with 2 long shots having a go from 20-25 yards...  

In theory, dribble less can achieve the type of football I like to watch and that can be tested. I just mostly rely on player traits and their subsequent attributes, especially for my central midfielders. They have to always have Dictates Tempo and Plays One-Two Passes, coupled with high Off The Ball, Teamwork, Decisions and Passing. This would encourage the 3rd man runs in the build-up phase that you can typically see with 2006-2010 Wenger's Arsenal.