[FM22] Wrath of the Lich King

Rikulec

QJHWS9b.jpg

LbwOWea.jpg

06hqTmR.jpg

02QDWd3.jpg

jBqNoOr.jpg

**** me, that was ugly. :lol: The kids couldn't dominate the game and ÍBV just resorted to fouls, how they didn't have anyone sent off is beyond me. Ingvarsson became the unlikely hero with a 119th minute rebound right as I thought penalties were inevitable. The cup win means I've now won every trophy possible in Iceland!

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ELg3mpp.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - August 2026 - Breiðablik ungmennafélag

Úrvalsdeild

0iucgUj.jpg

ixWMMfj.jpg

Five points out of nine isn't ideal, but we won the one game that really mattered the most. We can now go top of the league if we win our two games in hand away at KR and at home to Valur.

Bikarkeppni

ZNIyPbR.jpg

Those definitely weren't the most beautiful games of football. :D A trophy is a trophy though and this was the only one I was missing.

Champions League

YZvwBRf.jpg

Oh ffs, we actually went all the way and bloody did it. :lol: Massive kudos to Ólafsson and the defence in front of him, these were all really close games that could have gone either way, but solid defending combined with unusually clinical finishing sent us through to the promised land. It was Karamoko's 25-yard thunderbolt that proved to be decisive against the champions of Bulgaria. Unbelievable, imagine the scenes!

Youth Intake

SwRnNf5.jpg

Not as good as last year, I really like Pálmason though.

Valgeir Pálmason

Jóhann Finnur Eyþórsson

Þorgeir Rúnarsson

4m3y0U3.jpg

Definitely not something I expected to see before the qualifying campaign started! We have to cherish our time here and try to make the most of it. The thought of Barcelona playing a game in the Icelandic snow really amuses me! :D

PsFrTXv.jpg

Financial problems? What financial problems? :cool:

3 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Wow! Unreal stuff getting into the CL group stages. Very well done 

1 hour ago, SixPointer said:

Sublime stuff :applause:

Thank you guys. :thup: I'm quite frankly shocked with how it went down, but to be honest the fact that we only faced teams from inactive leagues probably helped us a lot here.

ELg3mpp.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - September 2026 - Breiðablik ungmennafélag

Úrvalsdeild

nDkCYIi.jpg

YbkNQXy.jpg

Ooft, we came really uncomfortably close to throwing it away. We were on equal points with ÍA going into the final day and they travelled to already relegated Fylkir. Our game against ÍBV was a tough one, to make things worse we missed a penalty and hit the post. ÍA did get in front in their game, but thankfully for us Fylkir equalised and kept them at bay until the final whistle. Well, I guess that makes us quadruple winners!

Champions League

VqiBRlH.jpg

b0Nukqj.jpg

We're way out of our depth here, obviously, we're keeping the scorelines somewhat respectable though. Next month we have one game against Feyenoord and it's going to be my final game in charge as my contract runs out on 31st October.

ELg3mpp.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - Season Review - 2026 - Breiðablik ungmennafélag

Úrvalsdeild

Results

Competition Performance: Winners

It certainly wasn't a dominant win this time either, but given our ridiculously busy schedule I'm happy that we just made it past the finish line.

Bikarkeppni

We won it with our second XI, how about that for establishing domestic dominance?

Lengjubikarinn A

There was a bit of a wobble in the group stage, but when we recovered from that, there was no stopping us.

Meistarakeppni

Chronologically this was our second trophy of the season as we beat FH in a game much easier than I expected.

Champions League

Competition Performance: Group Stage

Finally, the cherry on the top. An absolutely amazing achievement for the club of our stature, I never expected us to make it, and yet we did! We eliminated some well known European sides on our way to a success that surely turns things around for the club, I'll be surprised if they don't dominate Iceland with all the money and reputation we got!

Squad

There are a few standout players setting the tone, but it's still mostly potential. These guys are only going to get better.

Transfers - Finances

A quieter season in terms of transfers this time. We cashed in nicely on Einarsson and Heimen was probably our best transfer in, even if it wasn't really planned.

We needed a miracle to heal our finances and that's exactly what happened. Still over £4M left in the bank after upgrading both training and youth facilities!

Player of the Season

1st - Arnar Þór Einarsson - those statistics may not seem very impressive, but bear in mind that they only show the period after he was sold and loaned back to us. Actually he was our top scorer this season with nine goals across all competitions and a player who made a lot of difference on the right wing. I wish him all the best in Serie A, it was surely a move he deserved.

2nd - Ibrahim Karamoko - a very good season for the midfielder. The highlight was definitely his thunderbolt goal against Ludogorets that opened the gates of heaven for us. Even when he didn't produce individual moments of brilliance, he was an extremely solid and reliable player.

3rd - Viktor Karl Einarsson - of course he had to make this list. While it was him who missed the penalty on final day that could have cost us the title, he was also the guy who added an extra bit of quality to our midfield, there was always a visible difference in his favour whenever he was subbed on or off. His experience has been invaluable.

Next Season

I think we're all gonna agree that I've achieved everything I could here. Time for a new adventure!

asCNbNf.jpeg

i67zmPr.jpeg

I don't think I've ever seen this acknowledgement message, nice touch! It's also interesting that it's the U19 assistant manager and not the first team one who has both become the caretakes and is the bookies' favourite for the job permanently.

As for me... Finland, here I come! I'm probably not going to accept offers from bottom half clubs, with a 2,5* reputation I think I should be aiming for clubs that will allow me to challenge for the title right away or after a season of rebuild.

dKDRlpJ.jpg

I had to wait until 6th July for something sensible to come up. Honka finished 2nd in the league last season behind HJK, but the table doesn't make for a pleasant reading for them as they sit in 11th place at around halfway point. Seems like the perfect place for me!

On 17/12/2021 at 00:33, Rikulec said:

dKDRlpJ.jpg

I had to wait until 6th July for something sensible to come up. Honka finished 2nd in the league last season behind HJK, but the table doesn't make for a pleasant reading for them as they sit in 11th place at around halfway point. Seems like the perfect place for me!

Did you take the job?

5 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Some of the job offers are very unrealistic in the game. There is no way they three big clubs are looking at the Icelandic champions for managers. 

Absolutely agree. Maybe a championship club could have been reasonable. 

8 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Did you take the job?

All in due time, there's so much **** going on at the moment that I can hardly think straight. :D There should be an update tomorrow, maybe tonight.

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Absolutely agree. Maybe a championship club could have been reasonable. 

Even that would seem a bit too much tbh. My theory is that the game somehow recognises the human manager's PA (which is always set to 200) and that plays a huge role in getting those unrealistic job offers, especially playing as younger managers. There's also the reputation boost that comes with the coaching badges which is probably also a factor.

1 hour ago, Rikulec said:

All in due time, there's so much **** going on at the moment that I can hardly think straight. :D There should be an update tomorrow, maybe tonight.

Even that would seem a bit too much tbh. My theory is that the game somehow recognises the human manager's PA (which is always set to 200) and that plays a huge role in getting those unrealistic job offers, especially playing as younger managers. There's also the reputation boost that comes with the coaching badges which is probably also a factor.

It depends on the type of club - for example look at Barnsley's recent appointments in real life. There are some owners who are really trying to use data to pick out the right managers from across European leagues. Anyway we are digressing a bit. 

It isn't so unrealistic that european teams want him, remember he just put a icelandic team in UCL group Stage.

Graham Potter was snapped up by Brighton in somewhat similar circunstances.

Cheers,
Bitner 

2 hours ago, Bitner said:

It isn't so unrealistic that european teams want him, remember he just put a icelandic team in UCL group Stage.

Cheers,
Bitner 

After he impressed with Swansea in the championship. And with no disrespect to Swansea or Brighton. They are hardly steeped in as much history as Everton and certainly rangers. Everton have had arguably one of the greatest to manage in anchelotti and then Rafa, i don’t think there narrative would next to go look in Iceland. 

Edited by SixPointer

5 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

It depends on the type of club - for example look at Barnsley's recent appointments in real life. There are some owners who are really trying to use data to pick out the right managers from across European leagues. Anyway we are digressing a bit. 

I wasn't aware of Barnsley's policy, I'll definitely have to look into that. :thup:

2 hours ago, Bitner said:

Cheers,
Bitner 

20 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

After he impressed with Swansea in the championship. And with no disrespect to Swansea or Brighton. They are hardly steeped in as much history as Everton and certainly rangers. Everton have had arguably one of the greatest to manage in anchelotti and then Rafa, i don’t think there narrative would next to go look in Iceland. 

Yeah, I wouldn't have an issue with offers from Championship teams, or maybe leagues like the Netherlands (excluding the big 3 probably) or, well, any Scandinavian league for example. It's just that the clubs that offered me interviews seem unrealistically big at this stage.

43 minutos atrás, SixPointer disse:

I can agree Everton is a step too much, but Rangers hardly is. Scotland isn't a top tier league, surely. 

21 minutos atrás, Rikulec disse:

I wasn't aware of Barnsley's policy, I'll definitely have to look into that. :thup:

Yeah, I wouldn't have an issue with offers from Championship teams, or maybe leagues like the Netherlands (excluding the big 3 probably) or, well, any Scandinavian league for example. It's just that the clubs that offered me interviews seem unrealistically big at this stage.

A SPL team and a Championship team shouldn't be looked different imo.

Cheers,
Bitner 

45 minutes ago, Bitner said:

I can agree Everton is a step too much, but Rangers hardly is. Scotland isn't a top tier league, surely. 

Cheers,
Bitner 

Personally I'd rate the Old Firm clubs higher than the Championship and all the other clubs lower.

3 hours ago, Bitner said:

Cheers,
Bitner 

The old firm is one of the biggest fixtures. Both regulars in europe. Celtic have won the UCL granted in the 60’s and Rangers hold the record for the most top flight titles in the world. Both win trophies albeit in Scotland but they are huge clubs. 

brighton haven’t even won the FA CUP and in the 90’s we’re in league two. For me it’s a non starter both OF are miles bigger. 

2 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Personally I'd rate the Old Firm clubs higher than the Championship and all the other clubs lower.

I totally agree 

3 horas atrás, Rikulec disse:

But they're not an EPL or La Liga side. Sorry, but Rangers sounds 'acceptable' for me.

Cheers,
Bitner 

H3GkW8U.jpg

Accepted, but of course not before negotiating my wage up to a nice round £1K p/w.

QD1Wfsj.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - New Club - FC Honka

jV099GK.jpg

Right, because losing to Völsungur in the cup is the most notable moment of my stint at Breiðablik. :lol:

Club Name: FC Honka
Nickname: Keltamustat
Year Founded: 1957
Stadium: Tapiolan urheilupuisto (4,500 capacity, 4,000 seated)

Irqzlaf.jpg

That's not a bad squad. Plenty of young players with good potential and some ready-made stars as well, with Hugo Keto, Rahul Sharma and Jarkko Kauppinen being our best players.

bkLAvZH.jpg

I believe we can do better than that.

10 hours ago, Bitner said:

Time to work. We go!

Cheers,
Bitner 

Exciting times ahead!

2 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Just a suggestion @Rikulec but the problem with Hugo's surname will continue in future posts so you should either nickame him him just Hugo, or change his surname to Kato or something. 

Yeah, I didn't think it would be problematic, but I'll have to do something about it. :thup:

QD1Wfsj.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - July 2027 - FC Honka

Veikkausliiga

KB3esAe.jpg

zpcYUSq.jpg

The opening fixture was very promising, but things haven't gone very well for us since. We're crying out for a striker and a creative defensive midfielder.

Europa Conference League

8h8iTHu.jpg

The board expected us to reach the third qualifying round and we've just achieved that.

We're up against a Polish side Pogoń, theoretically they're stronger than us and I also have the Polish league loaded, so we might not be able to pull off any shenanigans this time.

Transfers

Jonne Kollanus - a free transfer that may or may not turn out good.

Dino Okanovic - a short term solution for our striker problem, although I'll admit he doesn't look particularly convincing.