[FM22] Wrath of the Lich King

Rikulec

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Massive result against HIFK a bit of a six pointer :p  Shame you couldn’t follow it up and overtake them. Good thing is there form is very poor so I’m sure you’ll soon capitalise. 

The problem is that ours isn't much better. :D

17 minutes ago, Bitner said:

Relaxed game.

Cheers,
Bitner

To be honest I was starting to get bored. :D

2 hours ago, corinthiano said:

Best of luck in Finland! I had a memorable save all the way back in FM14 when I won the CL with HIFK so will be following your progress!

That sounds like a great achievement. :applause: Glad to have you on board.

QD1Wfsj.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - August 2027 - FC Honka

Veikkausliiga

WT3VspV.jpg

EgPFvrt.jpg

This looks really grim, we went seven games without a win before finally beating TPS in a close encounter. The quality of our play isn't actually that bad, we even led 2:1 against HJK, we're simply not scoring goals when we should.

Europa Conference League

kmFmne7.jpg

I'm happy with the home leg win, they were just too strong for us to be able to hold on.

Transfers

Lars Markmanrud - this lad just has the perfect last name for a centre back, doesn't he? A helpful addition for a mere £4K.

We also promoted Sebastian Kankkunen from the youth team.

18 minutes ago, Bitner said:

Well we need you to put them firing them gols. Doesn't look like you're far away from winning games, but that detail is never coming your way.

Cheers,
Bitner 

From my experience in such situation it's all about finding the right starting XI and a combination of roles that's going to work, and then winning a couple of games to build up confidence. Then it usually gets going. Speaking of which...

V9eVVEf.jpg

What a start to the relegation group campaign! I was terribly frustrated when they scored twice late into the first half as I felt we were dominating the game. Then even more frustration after they responded quickly to our equaliser. We had supersub Kauppinen to save the day for us though, I actually put him up front instead of the right wing for the first time and I think I might start doing it more often!

QD1Wfsj.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - September 2027 - FC Honka

Veikkausliiga

MpR19tx.jpg

zAEaqxk.jpg

We won a game that had all the makings of a proper breakthrough... and then apparently pledged not to score a goal ever again. Our finishing is a ****ing joke, let's just end this season and somehow stay up.

Youth Intake

YWbo7mT.jpg

Fantastic potential, poor personalities.

Niklas Nieminen

Alexander Kaijasilta

Yannick Banza

Mauri Hyypiä

Stefan Leivo-Jokimäki

QD1Wfsj.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - October 2027 - FC Honka

Veikkausliiga

a1aVApv.jpg

9R7pHeL.jpg

Absolutely horrendous. We blew a few good chances against SJK before conceding an outrageous rocket strike from some 35 or 40 yards and we lost to a 90th minute goal against Ilves. I'm really thankful that Jaro and HIFK are **** too, that's the only thing that may let us keep our heads above the surface.

dyyd3px.jpg

We're staying up after all! The first leg was the kind of game we'd probably draw or lose in the regular season and of course we had to seal it in style by throwing away a three-goal lead at Haka's place, the final blow being a 90th minute own goal. The season's over though and I'm still here, this is where real fun begins.

19 minutes ago, corinthiano said:

Wow, quite lucky that HIFK were so awful too! Assuming there will be a complete rebuild in the off season?

As big a rebuild as the budget allows for! I don't think we're that far off in terms of sheer player quality though, it's more about getting the right additions and building up some confidence. I already have two transfers lined up and one of them is a familiar face!

15 minutes ago, Bitner said:

Too close for comfort, now we go.

And you got 2 Corinthianos here, we might aswell start a POROPOPOPOPOOOOOOOOOO :P

Cheers,
Bitner 

I had to check what that is, looks quite fun. :D

QD1Wfsj.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - Season Review - 2027 - FC Honka

Veikkausliiga

Results (regular season) (red line marks my arrival) - Results (relegation group, relegation playoff)

Competition Performance: 11th

Awful results both before and after I took over, I guess we were lucky that HIFK were even worse. We couldn't get going and we had a lot of close games tip the wrong way, mostly due to our inability to finish even in simple situations. We have to improve a lot if we want to challenge for the title in the future, that's for sure!

Suomen Cup

Competition Performance: Quarter Final

A decent cup run under the previous manager.

Europa Conference League (red line marks my arrival)

Competition Performance: Third Qualifying Round

We did fairly well considering our stature, shame we couldn't hold out for at least a draw in Poland.

Squad

It's not bad on paper really. We do lack some quality up front, which definitely has to be addressed alongside some general improvements. Laine, Sarkisov, and Tanninen are getting released at the end of November.

Transfers (red lines mark my arrival) - Finances

I had neither the time nor the money to do much in the market so far.

We have some cash in the bank, but we're also losing it pretty quickly. We probably need to be in Europe regularly in order to be sustainable, which isn't ideal.

Player of the Season

1st - Sebastian Kankkunen - he's far from a finished product, but he's also the kind of player we desperately needed in the DM slot. His promotion from the youth team improved us quite considerably, even if we couldn't translate it into results.

2nd - Flemming Okkels Thøgersen - what little we did do up front usually came through this guy. He's still very young with room to grow, I hope we can hold onto him for the next season.

3rd - Dino Okanovic - he did okay, I guess. Not much to choose from!

Next Season

We have to do much, much better right from the start, there's probably little room for error as the board might get impatient. A top half finish is an absolute minimum.

This update also marks the start of a few days' break as I'm going home for Christmas and won't be able to play until the 28th. Merry Christmas to everyone following along, I hope you're enjoying the ride as there's definitely more to come!

On 24/12/2021 at 02:19, Bitner said:

Merry xmas!

Cheers,
Bitner

On 25/12/2021 at 13:33, DefinitelyTaylor said:

A tricky start to life in Finland but I think you’ve proven it enough times for us to have confidence that you’ll quickly transform Honka’s fortunes. 

Have a great Xmas break!

Thank you guys! I'm back and I'm going to have a few days off so I finally have time to play FM as much as I like! :D Exciting times ahead with potentially even more exciting news to come when the break actually ends... fingers crossed!

QD1Wfsj.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - Season Preview - 2028 - FC Honka

Board Expectations:

Veikkausliiga: Top half finish
Suomen Cup: Not important

My Expectations:

Veikkausliiga: I want the top half as the minimum, maybe with the right transfers we can do even better.
Suomen Cup: Not important.

Budgets:

Transfer: £235,693
Wage: £23,209 (currently spending £19,582)
Balance: £886,034

QD1Wfsj.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2028 - FC Honka

Friendlies

RSiG902.jpg

Yes, we failed to beat our reserves, and yes, Finland has a team named Chicken Wings. :D

Transfers

2BmZj0O.jpg

It turns out I might be slightly biased towards Icelandic players.

Martin Vassiljev - a loan from Rosenborg we made before the season reset date. He'll be retrained to play on the left wing and should be first choice there.

Hjalti Sigurðsson - an upgrade for the right back slot.

Trausti Björn Jakobsson - a transfer I'm really happy with. Good enough to be a starter already and seems to have decent potential.

Stefan Ljubicic - a real pain in the arse whenever I faced him, now it's time to team up.

Tómas Ingi Jóhannsson - I have no idea why my coaches never seem to rate him. To me he's a lovely player who's only going to get better.

We also promoted Alexander Kaijasilta and Yassine El Amrani to the first team.

QD1Wfsj.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - January 2028 - FC Honka

Suomen Cup

MYEvsN1.jpg

EMsWgMm.jpg

Apparently the cup has a separate qualifying round for Veikkausliiga teams where four out of twelve get eliminated, I like it! I also like the fact that we're off to a flying start, the changes are already bearing fruit!

Transfers

Atli Barkarson - another Icelander, why not? A really good transfer for a mere £13,5K from Tromsø, I think.

Arttu Haapaniemi - for some reason there are teams willing to pay decent money for Hugo Jutila, so we might as well prepare for his departure with this loan from Ilves.

QD1Wfsj.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - February 2028 - FC Honka

Suomen Cup

AIbUpcN.jpg

InsJsEk.jpg

Another good win against FC Lahti and then I rotated for the TPS game and still escaped with a point.

Friendlies

jBIRXCy.jpg

A goal fest against a lower league team and a successful trip to Sweden.

QD1Wfsj.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - March 2028 - FC Honka

Suomen Cup

s9vheAf.jpg

Td0T2Ht.jpg

Once again we left it for late, but in the end it's another confident win as we boss the group stage. A sign of things to come?

Friendlies

IllLeP1.jpg

We beat Malmö! We also seem to really love a late goal.

Veikkausliiga

5rTHI5J.jpg

Y9gxKJk.jpg

**** off, not this again. :seagull: An even game that could have gone either way, but it was KuPS who scored from pretty much their only real chance while we kept gifting the ball to their goalkeeper with tame headers.

QD1Wfsj.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - April 2028 - FC Honka

Veikkausliiga

LBtsI2d.jpg

XivXg7y.jpg

Much better! We turn things around and now we seem to have started the season pretty well, sitting just two points behind surprise leaders TPS.

Suomen Cup

qb844wu.jpg

I played a rotated squad against PEPO and then the first team pulled off a wonderful performance at HJK, don't let the scoreline fool you, it was absolute domination with them getting two late consolation goals. What a game against our fierce rivals!

In the semis we've got SJK at home.

56 minutes ago, corinthiano said:

Solid start in the league after the first result and great game against HJK! Sounds like this will be a much better season than last!

Thanks mate, I think I won't last too long at the club if we don't do better than last season to be honest. :p

QD1Wfsj.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - May 2028 - FC Honka

Veikkausliiga

OMDseKj.jpg

JoIZPme.jpg

Eight games unbeaten now, although I'm frustrated to drop points at RoPS despite clearly being the better team and to concede a 90th minute equaliser at HJK where we deserved a win as well.

Suomen Cup

H6g98Qo.jpg

A terrible game, I don't even know what to say. We just didn't turn up.

9 hours ago, Bitner said:

Not cool to drop points vs rops, but this time you're on the right end of the table.

Off we go!

Cheers,
Bitner

Thanks! To be honest I can't see either TPS or KuPS keeping up this form throughout the whole season, and with HJK having a poor season this could be our chance. We're definitely in the mix, hopefully we can pull this off!

15 hours ago, Bitner said:

Those missed penalties who change the entire tide of the match...

Cheers,
Bitner

Exactly. I'm really pissed off about this because a win would have got us four points clear at the top, but in the end SJK caught up to us and it's all really close.

3 horas atrás, Rikulec disse:

Exactly. I'm really pissed off about this because a win would have got us four points clear at the top, but in the end SJK caught up to us and it's all really close.

We all were through this, terrible feeling... And happy new year!

Cheers,
Bitner

QD1Wfsj.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - July 2028 - FC Honka

Veikkausliiga

3EjyFdn.jpg

HlFlqe0.jpg

We picked the worst possible time for a day off, but we responded brilliantly by winning all our remaining games until the end of the month. Two points clear with two thirds of the season gone.