[FM22] Wrath of the Lich King

Rikulec

2 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Tough run off results, but still within 2 points so it’s not quite time to panic yet. 

It's definitely all to play for, although KR have a game in hand. They're doing quite well in Europe though, so there's a chance that fatigue may catch up to them. Fingers crossed!

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ELg3mpp.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - August 2025 - Breiðablik ungmennafélag

Úrvalsdeild

munkhjQ.jpg

n9sqDP6.jpg

Let me repeat myself, we just don't look like a title-winning team. We somehow managed to scrape 13 points in our last 5 games though and, thanks to KR slipping up twice in a row, we go into the final month knowing that even with them winning their game in hand we'll remain at the top. It's on, guys!

Youth Intake

q97xKBe.jpg

What an intake! Some of these guys are definitely going to get their minutes in the first team. I especially love the look of Jóhannsson, he's the kind of player that could make a huge difference for us.

Benoný Breki Viðisson

Birgir Aðalsteinsson

Huldar Einar Briem

Tómas Ingi Jóhannsson

Kristján Ólafur Hermannsson

ELg3mpp.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - September 2025 - Breiðablik ungmennafélag

Úrvalsdeild

ZBPiUg0.jpg

KKA8tOK.jpg

Oh boy, what a finish to the season that was! The Fjölnir game was a terrible, ugly mess and we fully deserved to lose. Then KR beat us after we gave away a penalty early on, picked up a red card and had two goals disallowed for offside. To be honest, I thought that was it - losing the big game in a **** fashion knocked us off the top spot and really deprived me of confidence. As a desperate move (but one I did have on my mind before) I decided to move Karamoko up to play CM alongside Eyjólfsson and drop Einarsson deeper to the DM-DLP slot to replace him. And, for the love of FM gods, it worked and we finally ****ing clicked! Two great performances, two well deserved wins and we're the champions of Iceland! To make things taste even sweeter, Keflavík's final day win at Stjarnan allowed them to leapfrog their opponents in the table and finish 3rd, which means they'll be in Europe next season.

1 hour ago, SixPointer said:

Congratulations on the title win my friend! You said it would be close 

Cheers mate! It was indeed close, although both KR and Stjarnan ended up losing on the final day, which would have helped us a lot if we had messed up the Valur game. :D

ELg3mpp.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - Season Review - 2025 - Breiðablik ungmennafélag

Úrvalsdeild

Results

Competition Performance: Winners

A patchy season in terms of results and definitely not the best we can do in terms of performances, but in the end no one's going to care - we've become the champions of Iceland at the first time of asking! Even though we looked like we were going to throw it away towards the end of the season, other teams' poor results helped us over the line. Happy times!

Bikarkeppni

Competition Performance: Fourth Round

Another disappointing fourth round exit for me, this time to a former employer.

Lengjubikarinn A

Competition Performance: Group Stage

We did very well in the group, but FH did even better.

Squad

Plenty of quality already in the squad and a bit of potential as well, but it's still a squad halfway through the rebuilding process. Margeirsson, Gunnarsson, Hauso, M'Hand, and Vilhjálmsson are all getting released.

Transfers - Finances

A lot of activity in the transfer market, we managed to shift some deadwood while bringing in quality players such as Magloire, Ólafsson, or Karamoko.

We're deep in the red and I think there's only one way things can change for the club.

Player of the Season

1st - Sindri Kristinn Ólafsson - he's becoming the hero of the early days of this career, isn't he? 13 clean sheets in 22 league games is a fantastic statistic, he's the kind of goalkeeper that's going to make the difference in a tight game. An absolute must-have in a league as even as Iceland.

2nd - Tyler Magloire - unfortunately our training doesn't seem to be working well for him, but still, he feels like a cheat player in the heart of our defence. Pretty much no one in the league can match up to his pace and it really takes something special to get past him. He got the highest average rating in the team and the third highest in the league.

3rd - Viktor Karl Einarsson - the guy holding it all together in midfield. The final games of the season showed that I was probably wasting his potential a little bit by playing him too high for almost the entire campaign. On the other hand, that means he can do even better than he did, and he did really well for us!

Next Season

Yes, I know the rules I had imposed on myself state that I should move to Finland right away. I'll be honest with you guys, I just can't bring myself to do it. At the same time, I don't want to derail the save too much, and committing to building a long-term project at Breiðablik would most likely lead precisely to that. Therefore, I decided to go for the third option. I have a contract until the end of the next season and I'm going to fulfill it, the aims being finishing the squad rebuild and - hopefully - getting into the Europa Conference League group stage in order to sort out the financial situation. No matter whether I succeed or not, it's one more season and then we move on.

Edited by Rikulec

ELg3mpp.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - Season Preview - 2026 - Breiðablik ungmennafélag

Board Expectations:

Úrvalsdeild: Title challenge
Bikarkeppni: Final
Meistarkeppni: Win it
Lengjubikarinn: Not important

My Expectations:

Úrvalsdeild: It would be nice to do two in a row.
Bikarkeppni: Not important.
Meistarkeppni: Not important.
Lengjubikarinn: Not important.

Budgets:

Transfer: £6,327
Wage: £38,314 (currently spending £11,057)
Balance: -£1,353,638

3 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Balance is slightly worrying is there any prized assets to be sold off for a pretty profit? 

Not really, the absolute maximum price we could probably get for anyone would be in the region of £100K, we sometimes lose more than that in a month. The only way out of this situation is to qualify for European group stages.

3 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Is there any potential jobs? 

I haven't really looked for any at the moment, but if I were to pick one club I'd like to go to, it would probably be HJK as they haven't really done well in the past few years and at the same time they're the only team in the league with finances listed as secure. That would probably be a good short term option if I want to complete Finland relatively quickly and move on (which, to be honest, I do - like I said numerous times, I can't really spend a few hours every day playing FM like I used to in the past anymore).

1 hour ago, Rikulec said:

but if I were to pick one club I'd like to go to, it would probably be HJK as they haven't really done well in the past few years and at the same time they're the only team in the league with finances listed as secure.

I would be tempted by HJK too. They present as a club you should be able to achieve a lot domestically with whilst probably having the ability to push on in Europe a little more than you can with Briedablik.

13 hours ago, DefinitelyTaylor said:

I would be tempted by HJK too. They present as a club you should be able to achieve a lot domestically with whilst probably having the ability to push on in Europe a little more than you can with Briedablik.

Exactly, although I don't think I'll be staying in Finland after winning the league... at least at this point!

ELg3mpp.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - February 2026 - Breiðablik ungmennafélag

Lengjubikarinn A

LZwt6KF.jpg

MZlWIuD.jpg

We drop two points, but we're in control.

Transfers

c6cOgxN.jpg

A calm window, at least if you only consider the players we brought in from outside the club.

Ethan Parsons - a fantastic centre back for our level. We have to pay him quite a lot, but I firmly believe he's worth the money.

Jonas Søndergaard - my coaches don't seem to be rating him very highly, but I like him. It's also true that we couldn't find anyone better though.

Oscar Heimen - not a player we necessarily needed, I just couldn't pass up on such an opportunity.

We promoted no less than six players from the academy: Rúnar Þór Rúnarsson, Tómas Ingi Jóhannsson, Arnar Þór Einarsson, Huldar Einar Briem, Haraldur Traustason, and Birgir Aðalsteinsson.

51 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

late own goal kills the perfect start

Actually it was an own goal that saved us from losing that game. :D We conceded against the run of play from a long ball in the first half and struggled to respond until finally we put in a cross that their defender couldn't clear. He ended up smashing it into top bins. :D

24 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Actually it was an own goal that saved us from losing that game. :D We conceded against the run of play from a long ball in the first half and struggled to respond until finally we put in a cross that their defender couldn't clear. He ended up smashing it into top bins. :D

ohh that puts a different spin on it! love a good own goal. Personal favourite would be chris brass when he kicks it of his own face. worth a watch

31 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

ohh that puts a different spin on it! love a good own goal. Personal favourite would be chris brass when he kicks it of his own face. worth a watch

Personally I like this one from Tony Popovic:

ELg3mpp.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - March 2026 - Breiðablik ungmennafélag

Lengjubikarinn A

rDHSxyI.jpg

ebjd2J2.jpg

A poor game against KA and probably neither team deserved to win or even score; a set piece header made all the difference. Thankfully a rotated squad did the job against Leiknir R.

Z6c4zGh.jpg

That's more like it! Two quick goals and absolute domination saw ÍBV chase the ball for 90 minutes, we could have easily scored more.

This sets us up for a final against Stjarnan.

qZhhGJb.jpg

j1WoPuY.jpg

z8K4IGN.jpg

QWti0SP.jpg

5ChsuQW.jpg

It turned out to be a dire and rather closed game in the end, it only opened up a little after our goal that we scored from the spot when Magloire was brought down in the box following a corner. Style doesn't matter though, we add another trophy to our relatively modest cabinet!

V79doXa.jpg

The league cup may not be the only trophy we win in April as we also have a supercup to play against last season's cup winners FH. As you can see, we're gonna have to face their full strength team without our two English defenders.

ELg3mpp.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - April 2026 - Breiðablik ungmennafélag

Lengjubikarinn A

FgL3iVF.jpg

It wasn't beautiful, but we did the job.

Friendlies

n56tqta.jpg

Of course we needed to keep fit between bringing trophies home.

Meistarakeppni

ZBjZm6L.jpg

They showed much less resistance than I had expected, a rather easy game for us in the end.

Transfers

Sindri Þór Guðmundsson - an old friend joins from Keflavík for £8K to improve our depth at right back.

0ZcPfRz.jpg

Nothing overly exciting this time round. We obviously have Ólafsson between the sticks and the no. 2 is a very good young prospect already, so goalkeeper isn't exactly a position where we desperately need reinforcements.

ELg3mpp.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - May 2026 - Breiðablik ungmennafélag

Úrvalsdeild

qoxHDJT.jpg

q7EUmAl.jpg

A good start combined with everyone else struggling to put a run of form together sees us end the month three points clear at the top. We're finally dominating games like we should, although the defence has suddenly become quite leaky despite me making no changes to the tactics at all.

Bikarkeppni

YFGVAx1.jpg

A rotated team did the job against the recently relegated Kórdrengir.

O2l2V10.jpg

Apologies for the lack of updates lately, I have a lot of actual work to do and possibly I might have some absolutely massive news to break about my real life career in a few weeks or so. Back to the game however, I don't like this draw at all. I think we're very unlikely to progress past the Israelis.

5 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Wow that's a lot of trophies :D well done, just caught up with this.

Are you actively looking to move leagues now?

Cheers mate. :thup: Yes, I'm going to finish the season at Breiðablik and then start looking for a club in Finland.

ELg3mpp.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - June 2026 - Breiðablik ungmennafélag

Úrvalsdeild

Y7U6qi9.jpg

xqLGDNJ.jpg

Not a good month at all, we have to do better than that if we're to retain the title. ÍA are looking very strong so far as well, they could be a tough nut to crack, especially since they won't have European games to squeeze into their schedule.

Bikarkeppni

YC6jAzB.jpg

I was expecting a tough game for the youngsters and they proved me wrong by absolutely walking over KR, a dominant performance and a well deserved win. We finally get past the cursed fourth round!

51 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

Why I Love My Manager GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Haha. :D There's still a long way to go with what I'm talking about and absolutely no guarantee at this point that it's going to work out, but if it does, I'll be very surprised if I'm not in the FM23 database. :brock:

Kqg77QR.jpg

ePlwPsw.jpg

I'm not surprised we finally had to sell him, he looks to have plenty of potential and if everything goes well for him he's definitely going to be way too good for the Icelandic league. Thankfully he's going to stay with us until the end of the season.

ELg3mpp.png

Magni Þórðarson's Management Career - July 2026 - Breiðablik ungmennafélag

Úrvalsdeild

X8bmBmK.jpg

JzGRslj.jpg

Much better, we seem to finally have kicked into gear. We're gonna have to maintain this form right until the end of the season if we want to catch ÍA though.

Bikarkeppni

lAPbAls.jpg

We really should have wrapped this up before extra time, our finishing was simply atrocious. However, what matters is that we're through to the semis where we're up against Valur.

Champions League

8PLvGc3.jpg

Okay, uh... what the ****? :lol: Four games against opponents that should be considerably stronger than us on paper and we absolutely dominated each and every one of them! Maccabi just didn't turn up either at home or away and Ferencváros turned out to be a team full of veterans way past their prime - they had the likes of Layvin Kurzawa, Ricardo Van Rhijn and Younes Belhanda in their starting XI alongside my old Sammarinese friend Elia Benedittini between the sticks. What a sensational campaign we've had so far, and getting to the Champions League third qualifying round means that we've already qualified at least for the Europa Conference League group stage!

Our next opponent is Basel, surely this has to be the end?

Transfers

Kristian Nökkvi Hlynsson - the versatile midfielder is actually our academy product who didn't make it at Ajax. I'm happy to have brought him in on a free.