Player Always Jaded and needs a rest, advice? (FM20)

Some players gets jaded after playing 2 matches a week and 6-7 competitive matches a month, most players does not. But I try to rotate and play 2 squads of 11 to keep the "risk of injury" low/normal. Some get tired faster than others, some almost always needs to be subbed out.

But I have never had someone get Jaded as often as this guy before. He is Always jaded after playing 90minutes. Even after having 7 sometimes 14 days of rest between matches I always get a inbox message suggestion to rest him after he has completed a 90minute match.

1. Is it always ok to play him if the orange "RST" mark goes away before the next match? 

2. What attributte or trait affects this, and what is this player lacking that is causeing this effect?

3. Is there any way I can improve him so he doesnt get jaded after every match?

(let me know if that info is on a different page that I did not take picture of)

f9vQGVn.png

WXKUnNv.png

Thanks for the advice. Everyone is set to automatic with double intensity at high condition, so he is not any different to the others. No extra, but Ill put him on half intensity for a while and see if it has a effect.

Jadedness is mental fatigue from playing too many matches.  Sports Scientists are the ones to help your players with this.

However if your players are still getting jaded even with decent Sports Scientists, check how your pre-season is set up.  If the players have just had an extended previous season due to international call ups/competitions, you should probably give them a decent rest after they have finished and before they start playing matches (even friendlies) week in week out for your club.

Other than that, if they still become jaded during the regular season you can give them rest from training (one week off immediately after a game can help), consider the intensity of their training and (especially) rotate your squad.

3 hours ago, Speedyol said:

1. Is it always ok to play him if the orange "RST" mark goes away before the next match? 

Yes, however don't be surprised if he gets the orange mark again soon afterwards because he's still playing matches.  If that happens, consider an extended period of rest while you rotate your squad.  If you can, do it when you have "easier" matches and be aware that if they have been on international duty during the season they could soon become jaded again, because those pesky international managers won't rest your players.

If I have a player who is jaded (which hardly happens to me anyway) I send him on holiday to rest properly. If the recommendation is a week, I send him for 2 weeks. I've never had an issue doing it this way.

Thanks for the advice. I didnt know what Sports Scientists did. And I dont have one currently because I just joined Waterford FC who is trying to fix the finances. I have room for one and ill put out a staff advert for one.

I managed Caerau Ely for 6 seasons without having a Sports Scientist and nobody got jaded, well perhaps it happen once a season and not repeating like this.

BTW: Are there a mental attribute that if it is low that makes a player jaded more often, and do you know witch one it is?

Another thing that hasn't been pointed out yet, is that this player looks to be jetting back and forth from Waterford to Sierra Leone for international duty. Those extra matches + traveling time are likely contributing to your issue. 

Just to echo the other replies, sending a player on holiday is the only real way to combat jadeness long term, resting him just won't do enough.

Edited by Nacaw

How do you send a player on holiday? Is it only visible in the menu when its useful to do so perhaps. Can on of you explain where you navigate the menues and screens to get the option to send a player on holiday?

7 hours ago, Speedyol said:

How do you send a player on holiday? Is it only visible in the menu when its useful to do so perhaps. Can on of you explain where you navigate the menues and screens to get the option to send a player on holiday?

I don't have the game open, But I suspect that this option may only be available if and when you get an inbox message about him needing a rest?

@FrazT Thanks for the clearification. Ill pay more attenton to the inbox message next time.

Its a new season and I have 32 players in the squad now. I I can play 2 seperate squads alternating matches when needed. I was very lucky and got 3.1M in transfer income and 3.7M in price money last season, I played the Euro Cup 2 Group Stages After winning the cup, The team was already passed the semi-final when I joined late in the season.

uovtIpm.png

MTa22W3.png

I even bought 4 of my favorite players at Caerau Ely tp join me at Waterford F.C. (they are 3-4 stars even over here . Now I have 2 strikers in my team who has previously scored 5 goals in a league match.

19fqggc.png

EDIT: - In the season opening and his first match Jack Jacques scored 2 goals and helped to turn around a 0-2 half time to a 3-2 victory against Dundalk (The dominating team in the league). One goal in Striker position and one in the AMR position as I subbed out the AMR for another striker.

Edited by Speedyol

I think if you go to the 'Training' => 'Rest' screen there is a drop down menu to select training intensity for each player, and I believe sending on holiday is one of the drop down options (in FM19 and 20 anyway).

Edited by Peter Morgan