What's going wrong

We're struggling to score any goals, lucky if we have two or three shots on target. The players all get muscled off the ball too easily, can never get the ball off the opposition and hardly ever even get a 7 plus rating for a player. Against teams who attack and commit players, I'll play counter attack, lower loe and positive mentality. The biggest issue is goals and regularly lose 1 or 2 nil. Any advice please ? 

Screenshot_20210625-230620.png

Screenshot_20210625-230647.png

You have three players attacking the box (IF-a, PF-a, CM-a), but other than the winger I don't really know who is supposed to deliver them the ball. The FB-s on both sides is far too passive in combination with the roles you have higher up the pitch. 

inside forward attack and a pressing forward attack is not the best combination. I nwould change one of those into a support role 

change your lb to a wb. Two full backs is a bit too passive.

Seems like you are trying to get Tonali to arrive into the box. However, IF doesn't cross often. You might wanna change him to IWa. Might also wanna set him to Stay Wider so he will stretch defenses, and only cut inside when he is having the ball.

Might wanna play more positively in general. Even with higher mentality, your defenses will do fine as long the front five are more urgent pressing, while the DM on normal press, and back four on less urgent press to maintain shape. Entire team should hard tackle.

8 hours ago, Oli99 said:

We're struggling to score any goals, lucky if we have two or three shots on target. The players all get muscled off the ball too easily, can never get the ball off the opposition and hardly ever even get a 7 plus rating for a player. Against teams who attack and commit players, I'll play counter attack, lower loe and positive mentality. The biggest issue is goals and regularly lose 1 or 2 nil. Any advice please ? 

Screenshot_20210625-230620.png

Screenshot_20210625-230647.png

I will probably try to increase the mentality a bit with a good team like Everton. Everton players in general lack enough technical skills to play a patient possession game and are more suited for attacking through transitions. The LB might be a bit isolated on the flanks as he is not attacking enough to stay high on the pitch and does not have support around him if he stays near the midfield with the BWM nearest to him. The decision to play Tonali as a CM(a) is also a bit questionable as you intend to play a possession based game but the only player capable of controlling the tempo in the heart of the midfield is asked to play higher up the pitch.

I do tend to alter the mentality to positive as the match goes on, we do get better results against the better teams where we can counter from a low block. The problem is against similar teams. Southampton for example always outplay us with there 442. Do I make the left back wb(a) ? I like to play a BWM with Allan at the club. Tonali is played as a CM attack to try and provide support for DCL but, I'm not really sure he's suitable, he's more defensive but, I have no other suitable players for the role but, no funds. I find he's isolated all the time with the inf attack not keeping up with him. Normally Digne plays as a wb support, I altered just for this game and DCL plays as a DLF attack but as you suggest maybe I need to change the INF role?

2 hours ago, Oli99 said:

I do tend to alter the mentality to positive as the match goes on, we do get better results against the better teams where we can counter from a low block. The problem is against similar teams. Southampton for example always outplay us with there 442. Do I make the left back wb(a) ? I like to play a BWM with Allan at the club. Tonali is played as a CM attack to try and provide support for DCL but, I'm not really sure he's suitable, he's more defensive but, I have no other suitable players for the role but, no funds. I find he's isolated all the time with the inf attack not keeping up with him. Normally Digne plays as a wb support, I altered just for this game and DCL plays as a DLF attack but as you suggest maybe I need to change the INF role?

You need to decide on how your team wants to play. Currently the roles that you have chosen favours a style more towards attacking through quick transitions but the team instructions is a patient possession based taking little risk during attacking. The roles that you have chosen does not fit the team instructions.

I prefer quick transition styles but, found them ineffective against teams that sit back. Through another thread, I was advised on changes to my tactic, removing counter instruction, changing my bbm to a CM attack and a balanced mentality. Do you suggest for example, changing the dm to a DLP defend ?

@Oli99 Try this. I made it as much similar to the roles you use. Full backs stay too far back and don't provide enough support to the attackers. Also you don't have enough support in midfield as bwm roams to wherever the ball is to get it and the mezella is also a roamer leaving your dm de isolated. 

add counterpress and counter in team instructions. no need for individual instructions. You'll see the goals soon enough. You can switch between PF(a) and AF(a). i do prefer AF tho.

4141.jpg

I'll give it a go, based on what I've read here, I've already switched the BWM to CM s and the CM a to APM s for the sort of games where the opposition sit back, which has helped retain the ball. I'm going to change to RB to WB s based on your advice plus add the MEZ s plus the more aggressive tactics.  Thank you