Totally fed up of the game, decided to try to get its secrets revealed through analysing the tactics

14 minutes ago, TaPele said:

I thought that it worked like "if you play against a weaker team/a team with cautious or defensive mentality, then go attacking or positive" and viceversa

Absolutely not. And that's something people have already tried to explain to you multiple times, both in this and your earlier thread on the essentially same topic. But you keep ignoring all comments that could prove you wrong and continue to insist on your preconceived theories. 

You can play on any mentality against any type of opposition. You can also play without ever changing the mentality (as long as you know how to tweak other tactical instructions properly).

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TaPele said:

Wow... I mistook everything here then...

I thought that it worked like "if you play against a weaker team/a team with cautious or defensive mentality, then go attacking or positive" and viceversa...

Why do you say it's not correct?

I'm getting more and more convinced that you're just trolling.

2 hours ago, TaPele said:

I thought that it worked like "if you play against a weaker team/a team with cautious or defensive mentality, then go attacking or positive" and viceversa...

About 3 months ago, you made the thread below

Many prominent members of this forum informed you of how mentality is actually just a risk modifier, and how the in-game descriptions could be modified to show that. 

I don't understand why you are asking a question you have already received numerous answers to.

Try this: blank tactic, select the standard 442 formation, then go from defensive to attacking, and check the individual mentalities of every player after modifying their duty.

You will understand that you could, for example, make your fullbacks more defensive minded using a positive mentality and more agressive using a balanced mentality!

If you insist on using the 352, try first with a blank slate again, understand the individual mentality of each player, and watch how the players choices of movement, passing, etc, changes wrt to your choice of mentality + duties.

Edited by Poeterish

10 hours ago, TaPele said:

They used a pretty similar formation as the one I uploaded here, 5-3-2 and played with cautious mentality. I also played with cautious since I was clearly worse than them.

:confused:

I do remember the concept of "mentality being how much risks your players take".

I also do know how mentality of each player changes according to the team's. Then this is it. Now I can see where from where to work. 

Thanks for your answers, specially to those who answered respectfully and mainly a huge thanks for having offered your time to check my save. The topic can be closed I guess.