Players wanting to leave as rested for a game due to physical condition is low and risk of injury is high

Is anyone else getting this when you rest a player as his physical condition is low and risk of injury is high, they want to leave as they arent getting the amount of playing time they think they should be, as just had it with Haaland for Inter, rested him for 2 games and now he's put in a transfer requested

Both my full backs have complained that they aren't getting enough game time, even though I rotate and start them both probably 75% of all games.  Simultaneously I get messages to say they are tired and should be rested.  I don't always do it but when I approach them about it they're fine, but then two weeks later they're kicking off as I haven't kept my promise to give them 'fair' game time?! 

4 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Is anyone else getting this when you rest a player as his physical condition is low and risk of injury is high, they want to leave as they arent getting the amount of playing time they think they should be, as just had it with Haaland for Inter, rested him for 2 games and now he's put in a transfer requested

Is he down as a "Star player" - They will expect to play every game unless you speak to them and advise to rest as they look tired? I've done this with star players and never had the issue.

Contract squad status is one to really take a careful look at, as too many "Star players" + heavy rotation could cause an issue. I tend to try to max out at "important player" or "regular starter", as i phase out I'll try to lower that even further to "Squad player" This is something I manage a lot, and get very few compliants.

Player pesonality plays a part in this as well, so less ideal personalities may also complain more, and be less open to crtizism

15 minutes ago, plcarlos said:

Contract squad status is one to really take a careful look at, as too many "Star players" + heavy rotation could cause an issue. I tend to try to max out at "important player" or "regular starter", as i phase out I'll try to lower that even further to "Squad player" This is something I manage a lot, and get very few compliants.

There is a hidden factor known as "perceived squad status". It's what the player believes is his true status. If there is too big a gap between the status you grant him and what he thinks is fair, he'll give you problems - based on his personality. I had a comical case where for 3 straight years every month this reserve player would politely ask to speak to me re his playing time and every time I volunteered to speak to him, he retorted with a "No no, the fact you took time out to make yourself available is good enough for me". After 3 years he started getting more insistent and I had to release him as he hadn't made the grade.

4 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

There is a hidden factor known as "perceived squad status". It's what the player believes is his true status. If there is too big a gap between the status you grant him and what he thinks is fair, he'll give you problems - based on his personality. I had a comical case where for 3 straight years every month this reserve player would politely ask to speak to me re his playing time and every time I volunteered to speak to him, he retorted with a "No no, the fact you took time out to make yourself available is good enough for me". After 3 years he started getting more insistent and I had to release him as he hadn't made the grade.

It's not really hidden - it's right there in Overview -> Happiness

2 minutes ago, WizbaII said:

Why does the game force you to tell a tired player that he's getting rested because he's tired?

Sometimes it is better not to try and explain a proposed rest with a player and just not choose them.  I have had a player for whom I got the "needs a rest" message and when I did the right thing by talking to him, he blew a fuse and fell out with me.  The next time, I just didnt mention it but rested him anyway.

3 minutes ago, WizbaII said:

Why does the game force you to tell a tired player that he's getting rested because he's tired?

Does seem daft, but then in real life Bruno Fernandes possibly fits that description.

I had a situation a couple of weeks back when my captain and star player was looking exhausted, so I informed him I'd rest him for a midweek fixture against a minor cup opponent. He wasn't having it, so I relented and played him.  He got injured, with my staff informing me it was due to overplaying, and he was out for three weeks. Jeez!