MOVEMENT09,Tactic Set of 6 versions

MOVEMENT 09, originally by pelle mandorff. Now tweaked by me in a slightly different way

This is a tweak, an implementation of the set called “ Movement” of FM2008. With the tacticians permission I now release a beta of Movement 09. Some roles have been changed and the flow might not be the same but the general idea, creating space by movement, is the same. Tempo, Width, passing style are different depending on version. This have been tested with teams like Arsenal and with crap teams like Bury.

The set contains 6 versions that all have their strengths and weaknesses. If one constantly pick the right version given the specific circumstances one will overachieve just as much as one would underachieve if doing the opposite.

The Formation. We play a 4231 with one central midfielder, MCL, given defensive duties and one, MCR, given more attacking directives and the role of a semi-playmaker. The FC is a Target man, supplied differently depending on version. Further down, under "Roles" there are more information on Player requirements.

brwobkiopb.jpg

Download here ( The file is called MOV09.rar and you need winrar to unrar it)

http://hosted.filefront.com/TheBetterHalf/

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/MOV09.rar

http://www.zshare.net/download/519151773b4f5980/

Added: "Get a goal version" found here: :http://www.zshare.net/download/520244725ad611dc/

Used with heavy OI, Tightmark/always on all Wingers and attackers and Close Down/Always on all Defenders and central Midfielders

The versions

These tactics can be divided in to 2 different categories: Attack It and Control It,

Attack It: when you think that you can exploit the fact that the AI leaves holes when they attack or close down, i.e. that there are space to move into, play the ball into.

Attack – The most attacking

Balanced Attack - A bit more careful playing on the break

Defensive Attack – Quick defensive counter attack game

Control It: When you need to lure them up in the field before attacking as they are well organized with men behind the ball. Therefor, as the AI players most of the time would be in position to defend well, a quick attacking approach would be very risky as most of the balls will be intercepted by the AI just as our players storm forwrad, leaving their defensive positions.

Attacking Control –Against teams playing a defensive counter game. To lure their defenders/midfielders up in the field to close us down, getting them out of their defensive positions, If they decide not to do this( playing ultra defensive instead) then we will have many dangerous screamers intead as our midfield duo will get much time on the ball just outside the area, not being closed down.

Balanced Control – Like a Control away version. Once again to lure their midfielders higher up in the pitch to close us down, enable us to move into the space between their midfield - defence, forwards - midfield

Defensive Control. – Playing very cautious by holding on to the ball, only moving up a strata, lifting the team if the AI give away space between there stratas. If the AI positioning their players very high up in the field asnd you fins that your players seem to dwell on the ball for too long, with no one to pass the abll, finally loosing it to the AI midfielders or forwards in dangerous positions, then you must lift up youe team and not sit so deep. This you can do either by playing a higher Control It version or a higher Attack It. Dont switch to defensive Attack as you still will sit just as deep

So, if you play a team that puts high pressure on your Defenders then you have to use a Attack IT version. If playing a team that stands back trying to lure you up in the field you have to go for a Control It.

Just be careful and on your toes so that you can spot the difference of you luring their midfield on to you, exposing the holes they leave behind and the minute they actually lift their hole team up and actively put pressure on you. Then you will have lesser time on the ball and be aware that they will be more compact that their will be none to little space between their stratas to move into. Then you have to switch down a control version or change to a Attack It version to find that space.

The same naturally goes for the other way around. It could be dangerous sitting to deep or attack too quickly with a Attack It version if the AI has an organized defence with many men behind the ball. Then you might have to change to a higher Attack It version or to a Control It version.

The Roles

The Defenders: If having a speedy, playing DC then put him behind the playmaker and the marking/heading expert behind the MCL

MCL: Hardworking midfielder . High concentration is a big plus

MCR: A playmaker, to be put in the list: My favourite would be an intelligent box-to-box midfielder.

AMC: Needs good Off the ball stats: If strong in the air it’s a huge plus

AMR: A flairful players with good Off the ball and decision stats

AML: A strong winger. If strong in the air it’s a huge plus

FC: The Target man: I have used both quick, short poachers and heading monsters.(A complete striker would work best) It is essentiall that he has some specific competence and that hes good given the level playing at.

Playmaker: Put your MCr in the Playmaker list

Target man: Put your FC in the Target man list

The marking system: Mostly Zonal. Tight at the back, loose in attack. The DC´s man-marking some version so be sure to change this if you play against a lone FC.

Mentality system: very mixed as I use mentality as a positioning tool. In some versions this results in a Ro0( as in movement of 08), in some it is more split and in some it’s a reversed Ro0, with the FBs on the highest mentality to play more compact.

Tempo: Slower in the Controlling version, Quicker in the Attacking

Width: The more attacking the wider(approx)

OI: I very much like the suggestions from wwfan and Millie in their TT&F.

Results: Consecutive promotions with Bury; 3:rd spot with Wigan, Champions(Obviously) with Arsenal, Promotion with Lincoln, Promotion with Walsall ( good ey Millie ;)´), New...Champions and FA Cup with Man City 2008/09 ( no signings)

Thanks to. All those contructivly contributing to the forum(s), Pelle for letting me have his old set

Constructive feedback would be much appriciated:thup:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going to give this a go with Liverpool. Would you play Alonso as the play maker, and have Gerrard as the AMC, or play Gerrard as the play maker and buy a new AMC?

I think you could do either way as you have many players suitet for the midfield triangel and for this tactic as a whole. babal for on will be lethal as AML, cutting in using his right foot to score. Torres the perfect Target Man. Only spot that might need improvement is the AMR, that is of you dont play Gerrard or Keane there. ( that is if you consider Benayoun and Pennant deadwood)

Luxury problem;)

I also think I need a pacey centre back, and a new right back, any suggestions mate? :) Or would Agger be fine in the pacey cb position?

I dont have any actually as i have not played with enough top teams yet in this years edition. But if you could get Diarra from Pompey I think he would do great ( hes new but still).

I think that you need a player with higher acceleration stat then Agger to be more solid. He will probably do well but it could be the difference between winning tH CL or EPL and being runner up.

Hi mate, Im Newcastle and have had some good results with these tactics but one minute im beating barca 3-1 and the next getting beat of west brom 3-0, I was just wondering if you could give some examples of scout reports and how you would play against them (e.g. which tactic you would use) cheers!

Whattactic did you starta with agaist WBA ?Was the WBA at home or away ?, How was there formation? , Did they play aggressiv or with all players accept the FC´sa behing the ball ?. If you could provide me with more info

I went with Attack it: Attack-The most attacking, my scout said that they play with a defensive 442 formation and aften and look to draw the opposistion on to them before attempting a counter attack. West Brom were at home, when I played them everytime they got the ball in my half they used it quite well, and they seemed to out number me when we were attacking.

@ Holmesy

- This is a clear case of getting the versions wrong. Against teams that "play with a defensive 442 formation and aften and look to draw the opposistion on to them before attempting a counter attack.", I would go for Control It - Attack Control to dominate the flanks drawing them out of position or maybe Control It - Balanced Control.

The big difference between the Control and the Attacking is this..

In Control we open up space by movement, drawing the Ai on to us, dragging them out of position

In Attack we attack the space/ holes the AI gives us when they attack

So, another word for defensiv attack could be " Quick Counter"(as it was called in 08)

Scanario: When a team better then you starts attacking you with there fullbacks bombing down the flanks. Against a similair or weaker team doing the same you should pick a more attcking Attack It version

And as for defensiv control it could be called "Cautious Possession"

Scenario: Against teams playing compact and as a unit without trying to put any real pressure on our defensive players, standing off waiting for you to make a misstake. And the more pushed back they are, the more of their defensive players standing off, the more attacking Control It version one should pick.

Thanks for the quick reply mate. I am very looking forward to playing with this set. The tactic picking version in 08 was much simpler as it was just a singular ladder. Here you have two categories and so you have to correctly choose which category to go with AND you have to choose the version to use. So there is 2 chances to make a mistake unlike in old attack-balanced-possession-counter etc..

However I have no doubt I will eventually get it right and then hopefully I can post some good results for you.

Another question though. I have also read the tt&f OI of wwfan and millie. It is quite comprehensive and covers alot. Is it really important to get it right in this tactic set though? Like do I really need to click most of the players on each team to look at their stats and apply the OI settings then end up with like 6 players every game with OI settings. Or can I just pick the 2-3 most dangerous players for Opposition instructions?

/...../Like do I really need to click most of the players on each team to look at their stats and apply the OI settings then end up with like 6 players every game with OI settings. Or can I just pick the 2-3 most dangerous players for Opposition instructions?

In testing I have actually not use a single OI, apart from marking always against the 4 FC and close down alwasy against the 2MC and FB against the AI 4-2-4( I always use Balanced attack)

But i think there is generall consensus that one should never choose a OI that is fundamentally contradictiv to your marking and closing down settings. Always consider who of your players it is that will carry out these orders.

Now, playing with Bury in season 3, I use the OI mostly against players with specific comnpetenc that are a threat to me in a for me weak area. (ex crossing againt strong striker wiinig it aginst my short DCr , tballs from their MC onto a running TM between my slow defenders etc.)

I d/loaded these as i have many tactics and was hopeful, but not expectant.

Deciding to try each tactic out 1 by 1 in sets of 5 games, i started with the very top Attack tactic.

Since employing it, i have Won 5 Drew 2 and Lost 1 game with West Ham and the best thing is, we have performed in each and every game.

If this carries on? i may just have to give you a big sloppy kiss (lol)

ok thanks mate. Going to go play now. Hopefully Robinho can rock in the aml formation. Like Messi irl on the right. Also going to try and nab Cassano since his cheap and has good stats. I kinda like the idea of a selfish Cassano terrorizing the opposition all day. Or as a super sub with fresh legs replacing Robinho.

Also do you think Tim Cahill in the box to box midfielder role would be good? I was thinking of getting Moutinho as he is hardworking but I like Cahill and he can also score goals. And he is Australian. Do you think Diego of werder bremen would be good in the AMC role?

Ps. I won't get Veloso

EDIT: Hmmm I see now in the instructions for the left AML that he is suppose to be on the end of some moves. I understand the header part for the aml more clearly now. However I got Robinho playing there so I changed his instructions abit by making his run with ball often and changed the amr crossing instructions to target man instead of far post. Will this work? or will it change and affect badly the fundamentals of going forward in this tactic set?

Also should I add a free role for my robinho aml?

Just wish to clarify

The "Attack it" versions are for playing against attacking sides/formations and the "Control it" versions are for playing against defensive formations?

Sorry, i'm stupid

Cheers

The mentality of the AI is not the main reason for picking Control or Attack. Its the variable for picking version within it.

Control It: Against AI not giving away any space, thus we have to create it by dragging them on to us. In defensive control we want to create space between their attackers and midfield.....In Balanced between their midfield and defence.....and In Attacking Control between midfield and defence and behind the d-line( the higher version , the higher up in the field)

Attack It. Used when the AI either are taking a/the initiativ to go forward. When players, FBs and MC´s make forward runs despite the ball being in their 1:st or 2:nd half

I think the main reason you did so well with the Hammers using Attack only is that teams were not playing cautious against you. Had you been using lets say a non-gelled Man City or Spurs side i think you could had struggled

I´m not claiming its easy. At lower level it was though as all teams seemed to attack, either thrue a quick counter game or just headlessly. At higher levels, especially with midd.teams it can be hard if one is not very good at reading the game. Extended highlights is somewhat a must nowadays when using sets

The mentality of the AI is not the main reason for picking Control or Attack. Its the variable for picking version within it.

Control It: Against AI not giving away any space, thus we have to create it by dragging them on to us. In defensive control we want to create speac between their attackers and midfield, on Balanced between their midfield and defence and in Attacking Control between midfield and defence and behind the d-line( the higher version , the hgher up in the field)

Attack It. Used when the AI either are taking a/the initiativ to go forward. When players make forard runs despite the ball being in their defence.

I think the main reasn you did so wellwith the hammers using Attack only is that teams were not playing cautious against you. Hade you been using lets say a non-gelled Man City side i think you could had struggled

I´m not claiming its easy. At lower level it was thou as all teams seemed to attack, either thue a quick conter game or just headlessly. At higher levels, especially with midd.teams it can be hard if one is not very good at reading the game. Extended highlights is somewhat a must nowadays when using sets

Well when i started using the tactics i was struggling, this meant that every game the opposition were attacking me, which i think fits into the reason why the "Attack it" approach worked.

However, in my last two games, at Home to Fulham and away to Bolton, both teams played defensively, so instead i used the "Control it" approach and this worked a treat!

All told, i played 11 games and Won 6 Drew 4 and Lost 1

I would have done better, but in two of the drawn games i led, before injuries reduced me to 10 men in both games and we conceded late equalisers.

I'll keep testing and trying to choose the right tactic at the right time!

Control It: Against AI not giving away any space, thus we have to create it by dragging them on to us. In defensive control we want to create space between their attackers and midfield.....In Balanced between their midfield and defence.....and In Attacking Control between midfield and defence and behind the d-line( the higher version , the higher up in the field)

Attack It. Used when the AI either are taking a/the initiativ to go forward. When players, FBs and MC´s make forward runs despite the ball being in their 1:st or 2:nd half

I think the main reason you did so well with the Hammers using Attack only is that teams were not playing cautious against you. Had you been using lets say a non-gelled Man City or Spurs side i think you could had struggled

I´m not claiming its easy. At lower level it was though as all teams seemed to attack, either thrue a quick counter game or just headlessly. At higher levels, especially with midd.teams it can be hard if one is not very good at reading the game. Extended highlights is somewhat a must nowadays when using sets

better half can you please give us other examples which tactic should we used pls / for example the odds matters? which are the 3 main things to implemetn your tactics thanks in advance

@matthew56

Its not that simple giving exact examples of situations when to apply what but I will try to provide some more information.

Pre-game decisions

- Before submitting your team, have a look at the match odds. Are you favourite to win?, are the odds even, etc etc. Then have a look at the AI´s manager profile and your scouts prematch report(always have one scout assigned to scout next opponent). Think about what they are saying and what that actually means and what consequence this will have when facing your tactic of choice. Then include the match odds.

If facing a team that " like to play a posessional football and benefits from a strong organized defence" and the opponent is Chelsea you can easily paint a picture of what the scout is saying since, given your real life knowledge, it makes sense. Would you storm against them, or try a quick defensive counter game with the information given by the scout ? Reading between the lines he is basically saying that " They will try to control the game with men behind the ball" After considering all these facts it might be better to play a defensive control game or maybe or being a bit bold, trying a balanced controll so that you will not be sitting too deep, giving their MCs the chance to 30-yard screamers, their wingers time to swing perfect crosses onto Drogbas head.

Try to think like this before every game (takes no more than 2 minutes). Don’t hesitate to ask about specific matches, describing the prematch variables and I will tell you my view on it. After about a season you will see patterns and then it will be much easier to pick versions

@matthew56

Its not that simple giving exact examples of situations when to apply what but I will try to provide some more information.

Pre-game decisions

- Before submitting your team, have a look at the match odds. Are you favourite to win?, are the odds even, etc etc. Then have a look at the AI´s manager profile and your scouts prematch report(always have one scout assigned to scout next opponent). Think about what they are saying and what that actually means and what consequence this will have when facing your tactic of choice. Then include the match odds.

If facing a team that " like to play a posessional football and benefits from a strong organized defence" and the opponent is Chelsea you can easily paint a picture of what the scout is saying since, given your real life knowledge, it makes sense. Would you storm against them, or try a quick defensive counter game with the information given by the scout ? Reading between the lines he is basically saying that " They will try to control the game with men behind the ball" After considering all these facts it might be better to play a defensive control game or maybe or being a bit bold, trying a balanced controll so that you will not be sitting too deep, giving their MCs the chance to 30-yard screamers, their wingers time to swing perfect crosses onto Drogbas head.

Try to think like this before every game (takes no more than 2 minutes). Don’t hesitate to ask about specific matches, describing the prematch variables and I will tell you my view on it. After about a season you will see patterns and then it will be much easier to pick versions

thanks a lot my friend i appreciate :)

Sorry if i'm the only one not getting it...

So, do we say that the more defensive a team is, the more we control ? I've tried to articulate what i mean below.

Opposition - Very Defensive / Very Attacking

Me - Attack Control / Attack

Opposition - Defensive / Attacking

Me - Balanced Control / Balanced Attack

Opposition - Balanced (Slight Defend) / Balanced (Slight Attack)

Me - Defend Control / Defend Attack

Or have i got this totally arse about face ?? :-)

Sorry if i'm the only one not getting it...

So, do we say that the more defensive a team is, the more we control ? I've tried to articulate what i mean below.

Opposition - Very Defensive / Very Attacking

Me - Attack Control / Attack

Opposition - Defensive / Attacking

Me - Balanced Control / Balanced Attack

Opposition - Balanced (Slight Defend) / Balanced (Slight Attack)

Me - Defend Control / Defend Attack

Or have i got this totally arse about face ?? :-)

if the other team is defensive you use control

if your defence is under pressure you use one of the attacking tactics (they seem more counter attack orientated)

on a side note these tactics have turned my under performing spurs side into a team that will walk the EPL in my second season

if your defence is under pressure you use one of the attacking tactics (they seem more counter attack orientated)

on a side note these tactics have turned my under performing spurs side into a team that will walk the EPL in my second season

Think it sunk in, so yes, i did have them completely upside down...Walks away embarrassed

Think it sunk in, so yes, i did have them completely upside down...Walks away embarrassed

Reading your post again i think you have it right

very defensive = attacking control

defensive = balanced

slight = defensive control

i just drew 3-3 with liverpool, my ass told me they like to get men behind the ball so i chose balanced control , i was 1-0 up then shortly after half time 3-1 down, as i was under a lot of pressure i switched to balanced attack , hit them on the counter and managed a 3-3 :)

Reading your post again i think you have it right

very defensive = attacking control

defensive = balanced

slight = defensive control

i just drew 3-3 with liverpool, my ass told me they like to get men behind the ball so i chose balanced control , i was 1-0 up then shortly after half time 3-1 down, as i was under a lot of pressure i switched to balanced attack , hit them on the counter and managed a 3-3 :)

So i take it from that...They get men behind the ball, so you need to draw them out, and to play it safe you start balanced control.

What happened from there, i assume they went more attacking, so at that point you would have been better going to something like defensive attack ? (What did you do btw ?)

I assume then at 3-1 they just kept coming at you (not quite 4-2-4), so you went for a more agressive attacking option and hit them on the counter twice ?

Out of interest, did they go 4-2-4, if so how did you then counter (Following my logic you would have either attacked, or balanced attacked??)

In testing I have actually not use a single OI, apart from marking always against the 4 FC and close down alwasy against the 2MC and FB against the AI 4-2-4( I always use Balanced attack)

For macca ;)

I'll update on how I'm doing tomorrow, but I'll say this, I'm impressed.

For macca ;)

I'll update on how I'm doing tomorrow, but I'll say this, I'm impressed.

Coolio.

Initial signs are great, a good set of tactics = life how it should be..only my own poor decision making costing me games (which i don't mind one bit) !!

I'm using Man utd and I think i am doing something wrong. I am playing against Arsenal the previous game and the scout report has the same report as post #9.

I followed what TheBetterHalf said and used CI - Balanced Control

I have the following

RB - Santon

LB - Evra

DC - Vidic

DC - Ferdinand

MC - Scholes (Play maker)

MC - Veloso

AMR - Higuan

AML - Balotelli

AMC - Rooney

FC - Berbatov

I have been beaten 4 - 0 by Arsenal. Any suggestions or can you point me to the right direction?

Oh yeah, they also mentioned that our forward is outnumbered by arsenal's backline...

I'm using Man utd and I think i am doing something wrong. I am playing against Arsenal the previous game and the scout report has the same report as post #9.

I followed what TheBetterHalf said and used CI - Balanced Control

I have been beaten 4 - 0 by Arsenal. Any suggestions or can you point me to the right direction?

I think that in this case, Arsenal did not play as the scout suggested they would. It seems like they played very very agressiv against you, maybe with tight marking and even with a quick attacking approach. If this was they case I would have switched to "Attack It- Attack" as our players otherwise would have been dwelling to much on the ball, loosing ot being closed down by the Arsenal Midfielders..

¨

These things are easy to spot but you have to watch the game in extended highlights.

Look at their fullbacks, when are they making their forward runs (if making any at all), do they hold on to the ball. If they are making them just as they have passed the ball on to a midfielder then they are attacking. etc , etc. Are their central midfielders positioning them selfes high up in the field,, passing T-balls only ?. etc etc, there are many signs of how attacking the other team are.

The best tip for the second half is to watch the first minute in "full match" and very slow. It will be very easy to see if they have lifted up their team or sunk deeper

In big matches like this, look at the midfield and try to win it by strength, maybe closing down always on both their MCs and maybe alsow ask the AMC to manmark thei Playmaker( i.e Fabregas).

Out of interest, did they go 4-2-4, if so how did you then counter (Following my logic you would have either attacked, or balanced attacked??)

I use either Attack It- defensiv( against strong teams) och Attack It - Balanced( against other teams).

I combine this with 2 things

- I change the fwruns on my wide players ( Fbs and AM) to Rarely

- I use OI--- Tight Marking/Always on the 4 strikers --------Close Down/Always + Weaker foot on the MC´s and FBs

So i take it from that...They get men behind the ball, so you need to draw them out, and to play it safe you start balanced control.

What happened from there, i assume they went more attacking, so at that point you would have been better going to something like defensive attack ? (What did you do btw ?)

After using Balanced Control I would probably not have gone to Defensiva Attack but instead to Balanced Attack as I would not have wanted to sit too deep. Maybe combined with removing the Fwruns on my FBs.

EDIT: Hmmm I see now in the instructions for the left AML that he is suppose to be on the end of some moves. I understand the header part for the aml more clearly now. However I got Robinho playing there so I changed his instructions abit by making his run with ball often and changed the amr crossing instructions to target man instead of far post. Will this work? or will it change and affect badly the fundamentals of going forward in this tactic set?

Also should I add a free role for my robinho aml?

The reason for me wanting the AML to stay in position is that whilst given a free role can make him open up space for himself he has a defensive player behind that is not going to move forward into the createt space anyway. Then its better to leave the free roles( as you can use only so many) for the right side. But feel free to change the crossing settings to suit your squad. Just make sure that not all balls are aimed at the TM.

Does it make any difference if I put the MCr (as adviced) to playmakers list or not, since none of the tactics has 'use playmaker' ticked?

-SnUrF

Since it has in earlier editions i assume that it does this year to( apart from the PLM setting broken pre-8.02 in FM802), just like one can use a Semi target man. And from what I have seen this seems to be the case ( the again if you look for something you probably will see just that thing;))

I assume then at 3-1 they just kept coming at you (not quite 4-2-4), so you went for a more agressive attacking option and hit them on the counter twice ?

Im not sure if they went 4-2-4, they did comment in the post match news it was rafa benitezs half time team talk that inspired them, so i assume instead of their usual slow controlling game they changed to a much more aggressive attacking mentality, this caused me to get pinned back and all the play was in my half, it was then i switched from balanced control to attack it : balanced , i chose balanced instead of the the attack it : defend as in Fm09 i have found that really deep sitting tactics vs the big teams results in me getting hammered.

Using Control it: balanced against teams like bolton and fulham (who my scout told me like to play deep controlled football) resulted in big wins for me, the tactic was perfect , my Mcl broke up counter they had, and my team passed it about amongst themselves until they commited, then bam i tore them to pieces.

I am really liking this set, once you realise which tactic to use when its really powerfull, and the football played using it has been amazing.

I'm really struggling with this set I seem to have made the wrong choices everytime. I cant seem to see in the game (extended highlights) what key signs I should be noticing so I make sure I have the right formation to start with and/or make the changes when necessary. Help please.

I'm Sheff Utd in my first season after promotion to the Premiership.

I'm really struggling with this set I seem to have made the wrong choices everytime. I cant seem to see in the game (extended highlights) what key signs I should be noticing so I make sure I have the right formation to start with and/or make the changes when necessary. Help please.

I'm Sheff Utd in my first season after promotion to the Premiership.

All depends on the strengths of your squad. Do you have EPL material ?. As a newly promoted team, probably ranked amongst the bottom 3 in the league (?), most teams will play rather attacking against you. By that I mean that they will go for the 3 points most of the time and almost never sit deep and park the buss. They are more likely to so the oppposite, try to strecth your team out, their FB making crosses from byline.

At Bramall Lan they will probably play kind of agressive, compact, with many men behind the ball and with a normal-high d-line with DCs dropping back the instance they loose possession whn playing

( i.e a Balanced tactic)

At home I would start with Control It - Balanced.

Away probably with one of the defensive versions. Either from Control It or Attack It

If being unsure, watch the full game for a few minutes, then you will get a better picture on how the AI is playing.

With this set, newly promoted teams - without heavy strengthening - ,will probably stay up but it will not help you get into Europe. Not the first year anyway;)

As for signs, have a look at how quickly they are closing you down and how successull they are in doing so. How quick they attack and how advancing their wingplayers and central midfielders are

"With this set, newly promoted teams - without heavy strengthening - ,will probably stay up but it will not help you get into Europe. Not the first year anyway;)"

Perhaps I'm setting the bar too high, I was 3-0 up away at Pompey playing CI - Attacking Control and changed at halftime to a more defensive as Pompey came at me ended up losing 4-3!!!

"

Perhaps I'm setting the bar too high, I was 3-0 up away at Pompey playing CI - Attacking Control and changed at halftime to a more defensive as Pompey came at me ended up losing 4-3!!!

I think that by dropping that deep you invited them back in the game. Kind of a classic though, something we see teams do every other week on the TV

Edit: Also, did they play witha lone FC ?. If so, did you change the marking system when you changed to a more defensiv one ?- As the DCs on manman they both end up man-marking the lone FC, giving their attacking Midfielders to much space

Archived